lovestruck † hs

By the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 67

1K 33 6
By the1dfanfics

i listened to 'Say When' by The Fray whilst writing this as well as "Trust Me" by them, and i advise you listen to them too!

Rachel's POV

I turn around as the world continues to go around me and find Jacob, standing behind me a couple of feet with the hands in the pockets of his ripped jeans.

He looks me up and down, taking a deep breath. His eyes look exhausted, probably because he so stalkerly flew here just recently and the time change is killing him.

Though I wish more than just jet-lag was making him suffer right now.

"What the hell do you want." I cross my arms, my body instinctively wanting to protect itself from the man who bruised my body in more ways than one just a week ago.

We're in public, there's people here; he doesn't hurt me in public, I recall from previous experience.

"Don't get testy, I just... I want to talk, but in private. I promise, I won't lay a finger on you, just please." His tone is serious, much more genuine than I have ever heard as he gestures toward the small alley nearest to us.

"I have a life to get on with here that doesn't include you, so I gotta go," I begin to turn around.

"Rachel," he pleas, and I stop. "I'm trying to pour my heart out here, the least you could do is give me a listen. I'm here to just talk, I am legitimately being serious. I fucking spent thousands of dollars to get over here so I could tell you face to face. I will not leave until I have said my peace."

Well fuck.

"If you dare touch me, I swear Jacob—"

"Like I said, I will not lay a single finger of mine on you. People seem to be noticing you, and I've seen you on paparazzi pictures so I do quite suggest you join me, sweetheart," he points at the alley again, and I look around to see some stares I'm getting.

Jacob leads us to the alley, and I make sure we don't go too far deep, because I don't trust a cell in this boy's body.

"As I asked earlier, what the hell do you want," I stand by the wall opposite from him. "I have things to do." Like take a few more pregnancy tests.

He looks down, kicking his foot at the ground as he begins to scratch at the back of his neck with angst.

"I'm here because I have to get clarity for myself, I have to do this so I can stop feeling like shit like I have all week. I'm here to apologize," he says quickly.

Excuse me?

I open my mouth but he continues, "Let me finish. I was upset and I went back to how I was; I overreacted. I regret ever hurting you, and I shouldn't have done what I did because I'm a fucking idiot. I'm sorry for messing it up the first time I laid my hand on you," he says, his voice filled with regret. "I know that there is no way I can take back all the things I did to you. There's no way to take back what I said to you, and no way to take back the fact that I hurt you physically and mentally."

Jacob covers his face with his hands, shaking his head before looking back up at me, "But God, every single day I wish I could. I can't even look at you without wondering what we could've been if I didn't fuck up."

He sighs, fiddling with his fingers a little before concluding, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you would let me, let me have another chance. I have missed you, and I don't ever want to hurt you again. I promise, I—" his voice breaks before he croaks out, "I do love you, y'know."

I bring my hand to my chin, letting his words hang in the chilly air between us for a long while.

"I can't do this," I whisper, feeling my lips curl into a sad smile as I try to hold myself tightly in hopes I don't break. His words go through me like an emotionless void. Absolutely nothing is what I feel after hearing that.

"Rachel, I am sorry," He repeats, getting closer to me.

"Sorry? You're sorry? Those words don't mean anything to me, especially coming from your filthy mouth. Don't tell me you're sorry when all you have done is hurt me, over and over again."

I get in his face, maybe to make it clearer than it was when I kicked him in the dick, and I laugh, which comes off as a harsh, shrill sound. "You really expect me to forgive you, just like that? After every. single. thing you did? I'm not the naive one here."

My laughter begins to turn into tears, "You've turned me into a mess, then expect me to forgive you?" I wipe my eyes, knowing I've further smudged yesterday's makeup. "I can't believe you."

I look at the stunned man I once loved, who was once my best friend, with teary eyes, "You seriously hurt me, I hope you know that and that it haunts you for the rest of your life."

"I do know that.."

"I cannot believe that I trusted you more than anyone else. For two years of my life I put you before everyone else including myself and my well-being."

"We grew apart," he comments in defeat.

"No, you completely tore us apart. There's a major difference."

"You know I'm sorry," He tries again.

I shake my head and start to walk away, "But you're not. I still know you even if I don't want to."

My legs carry me out of the alley but as I reach it's exit I hear him say, "It's too bad.. Well, I did promise I wouldn't touch you right now, but not if something else did."

And that's the last thing I hear before I black out.

* * *

"Come on, Rachel," a whispering voice next to my hear encourages in a haunting, impatient tone.

My eyes flutter open, the first thing that I can feel is a sharp pain somewhere on my head and I wince. I look down, the ground super close, and realize I am sitting on my knees, and my hands feel as if they're tied, which I realize they are, behind me around some type of pole.

The effort I put into lifting up my aching head tires me, but I push myself to see my surroundings.

I have no idea where the hell I am. It looks like an empty storage unit or something, but the lights are also quite dim, I really can't make it out.

"Rise and shine, sweetheart," I instantly recognize Jacob's teasing voice behind me. He walks around to meet me. "I don't have all day, I wanted to see the sights here too, not just waste an expensive ticket on you."

I feel liquid drip down my forehead, and I can already assume it's blood from its smell. My head pounds as I struggle to keep my eyes open and look at Jacob.

Is this actually happening?

"There's she is!" He cynically cheers, clapping his hands as I obtain consciousness and begin to hyperventilate naturally at my current state.

Jacob steps closer to me, "Calm the fuck down! Let's not waste time!"

"Waste time on what?!" I cry out, trying to control my body as I weakly look up at him, feeling smaller than ever against him. He's never tied me up to hurt me before.

He looks like he's debating for a moment before he meets my eyes again. "Honestly there's no point in covering up anymore, I'm tired, you're tired, so I think I'm just going to tell you the truth, huh? Isn't that just what you're dying to hear? The real truth... I mean think of the possibilities, sweetheart!"

"Don't call me that!" I shout in anger, moving to see if I can untie my hands from behind me.

His brows furrow as he glares, kneeling down and grabbing my cheeks roughly with one hand so I look at him, "Did I fucking say you could talk?!"

Tears begin to shed from my eyes as he forcefully pushes my face back, and my head hits the metal pole behind me so hard that I feel dizzy.

"Where was I? Oh yeah, the truth," he nods. "Just so we're clear, everything I said back there was bullshit, I'm not a mopey little idiot. But you easily called me out. Good job," he compliments with such a sarcastic tone and smile. "Because I don't love you at all, you're just the girl I chose back in freshman year. Though back there for a minute, I mean what you were saying.. wow it hit me for like two seconds!"

His words cause my breathing to hitch and snatch my attention. The girl he 'chose'?

"W-what?" I blurt.

He actually looks surprised. "You mean, you don't get it? You know, the girl I chose. Me and my buddies from the frat, we choose girls that we bet on, the goal is to pass certain levels, the more levels passed the more money you get.." Jacob describes, practically asking if this rings a bell.

"Holy fuck you are as dumb as I thought," he covers his mouth at my reaction, my eyes open wide and my jaw to the floor at all this sudden news.

"I'm not dumb, I just... You used me?" I croak quietly in shock, mostly talking to myself.

All of this information.. he was always an immature, drug addict, alcoholic, and our whole relationship for two years was a joke, literally, for money.

"Yeah, so what? This would have ended ages ago if you didn't keep making it so damn difficult. Blame yourself for the shit hole you're in," he crosses his arms.

"Excuse me, I didn't do anything," I protest, trying again at my restraints. My fear is rising and I don't know what will happen to me if I don't get out of here.

"Oh really? Um, no, actually. It was all going smoothly, you even moved in with me which got me a hell of a lot of cash, but the one fucking thing that should have been the easiest of the tasks was getting you in bed, but you and your prudish ass refused anyone to touch you," he growls, and my breathing starts to quicken at his words and anger. "Except for one guy you actually didn't refuse, am I right?"

I avoid his killer gaze, keeping my head down as I tears soak my face. Harry.

"In fact, while you were taking your long nap just now I went looking through your bag out of boredom, and it looks like he didn't just fuck you," he starts chuckling, picking up my purse from the ground, "he might've found himself a baby mama, huh?"

The pregnancy tests appear in his hands, showing them to me before he drops them back in the bag, laughing.

"Jacob—"

"Shh, hey, I won't say anything. You know what, why don't we actually call him up?" His lips turn into a cocky smile at the idea he just had and I begin to panic.

I haven't spoken to Harry in days, and now what the hell is going to happen?

Jacob digs through my purse and takes my phone out, turning it on and it begins to sound from multiple texts.

"Hmm someone's popular.. ah, perfect, your boyfriend even tried calling you and texting you a couple of times. Let's let him know you're juuuust fine," he suggests aloud.

My head starts to shake as Jacob comes toward me and I hear the rings from speakerphone start to go through as Jacob waits for Harry to answer.

I resort to begging, knowing it's hopeless, "Please, Jacob, please don't—"

"Hello?" A panicky Harry answers the phone on the third ring. "Rachel? Baby, why wouldn't you answer me—"

"Because she was unavailable," Jacob speaks for me as I had just opened my mouth to scream for Harry, and Jacob orders me to keep my mouth shut, threatening me.

There's a small pause before Harry's voice changes dramatically to a serious tone, "Who the fuck are you, and where is she?"

Jacob looks at me, his mouth agape as he feigns being shocked, "Aw, you didn't even tell him about me? Not even a little? Now I'm offended."

Helplessly I keep my head down and ignore him, shaking my head, unable to stop the tears that run down my cheeks.

"Jacob," Harry suddenly figures it out which gives me pointless hope.

"Ding, ding, ding!" Jacob rolls his eyes.

"Where is she you prick."

Jacob stays quiet, looking around the small room before his caramel eyes meet mine, an evil spark in them.

In one swift motion I am suddenly kicked, then kneed in the abdomen, a loud scream automatically leaving my mouth as I wail and cry louder, the pain too much to bear as I'm sure I heard something inside of me crack.

"Rachel! Oh my fu— Rachel! Was that... I—"

"She's here. And I'm not through with her yet until I win what's rightfully mine. Nice meeting you," he monotonely says before coming at me again and pulling at my hair, tugging me toward him and hurting my arms as he grits through his teeth, "Anything to add, Rach?"

Shakily I get out a simple, "Harry—" before being slammed back to the pole behind me, my cries being heard before the phone is hung up.

As soon as I can form a coherent sentence I look back up at him to see his arms crossed as he looks down at me in pride.

"J-jake, please I can just pay you, and we can stop this. I'll pay you the money you want to win, I can."

He seems to ponder the idea, tapping his foot right in front of me before peering back down. "But the chase is so much more fun than cheating. And now that I've captured my prey, let's get through with it, shall we?"

Harry's POV

"What do I do, what do I do?" I repeat on the phone with Jennifer, scrambling to get my keys and get in the car to who knows where. I don't even have a clue where my girlfriend is, but I know she's with a torturous prick.

It's been days since I've seen Rachel, since she told me about everything. They've been very rough days, and now she's been taken and I don't know what's happening to her. All I heard was her screaming, and that's enough. To know that the person you love most in the world is suffering is the worst feeling imaginable. I begin to feel tears forming in my eyes and as Jennifer rambles on in fear, I cannot concentrate on a word she says.

"Harry!" She shouts my name again.

"What?!"

"I asked if you were able to still track her phone? We need to find her now! I mean, torturing her? Why would he ever abuse her? He was always a dick— but she would've told me what really happened..."

Adrenaline runs through my veins as I tell her I'm going to find Rachel before hanging up and looking on my phone to find hers. The tracking I had on her phone was something Rachel never was comfortable with, and now I'm more relieved than ever that I never removed it. I find her phone that Jacob just called me on located in some building, some garage or storage place from what it looks like around twenty minutes from me, and as I ring the police, I drive quickly to rescue her.

I should have never let her leave my place that day.

I don't even recall a single thing from the drive aside from the police telling me they're on their way to the location. When I arrive to the small area, surrounded with multiple garages of storage, my heart beats faster as I realize I don't know which one she's trapped in, and I can't help but curse as I get out of my car, looking around madly.

In the silence, I hear a light scream from a garage several meters away and I run to the multiple shouts of "No!" I can hear.

When I approach the garage however, it falls it a dead silence, the sun shining down on me and blinding me as I stare at the huge garage in front of me. There's a door on the side and I take a chance, the door unlocked and I walk in to the change of a pitch black room. I run my fingers through my hair to move it from my face as the door shuts behind me with a slam.

I take a couple of steps forward. "Rachel?"

"Harry?" Her quiet voice replies, and I move toward the sound when all of a sudden Rachel shouts, "Harry look out! He has a gun and—"

Suddenly I'm tackled to the ground, no time to breathe as punches are being thrown and I'm hit right in my jaw. My adrenaline surges back up and I fight back, grabbing the fist of the attacker before punching him in the nose with my other hand, trying to move him off me while he's down. As I scramble away, I hear Rachel cry out before I hear the click of a weapon and instantly focus back on the outline of the attacker in front of me.

It must be Jacob.

"You just had to cause problems," Jacob says, whacking me in the face with the weapon and I instantly taste blood on my tongue. He finds his way back to trap me on the ground as he continues to hit my face and I just care about getting the gun away as I grunt out, at the same time trying to defend myself. Able to see his face, I see an evil I have never seen before.

I'm struck with the weapon very near to my eye, and when I wince, the next thing I know is I'm staring straight at the gun, the psychopath aiming the gun at me but I snatch it quickly, his hand still on the weapon as I aim it away from me, somewhere behind me. He starts yelling, shooting the weapon with many loud bangs that echo in the empty space before I twist his weak arm and grab a hold of the gun, hitting him in the head with it as hard as I can manage and he falls unconscious next to me, right as police sirens sound nearer to us.

I throw the gun to the floor and kick it away after I get up, staring at the blood on my knuckles for a second in a trance before Rachel's voice cracks, "H–arry."

When I look up I realize my eyes have adjusted much to the lighting and I see Rachel hitched over and I sprint to her.

"Rachel, baby," I kneel down in front of her, gently taking her cheeks in my hands and lifting her head up, her eyes are fluttering.  I find bruises on her face, blood running down her forehead, and the worst injury of all causes my heart to stop beating.

Her abdomen is bleeding through her shirt in heavy amounts. The gun shots.

I find myself untying her, then carrying her weak, bleeding body out, my world running in a sickly slow motion as the cops run in behind me, everything moving around me and I start to cry.

"Get a stretcher!" I hear someone yell, my brain snapping back into the worst, fast pacing moment of my life, holding my girlfriend as she bleeds out in my arms.

The stretcher comes running towards us, my body frozen where it is. I look down at Rachel and her eyes suddenly open, bloody brows furrowed in fright as she struggles to lift her hand. She places it on her stomach and sees the blood, instantly hyperventilating and meeting my eyes again. The look she gives me kills me, her eyes pleading with me almost to save her, to help her stop the bleeding.

"Someone, please," I whisper, looking up at the paramedics.

As the paramedics assist me in laying her down on the stretcher, she doesn't look away from me, opening her mouth as I reach and grab her hand, holding it tightly.

"B-baby," she wheezes out.

"Yes, I'm here, I'm here," I promise, running with the paramedics to the ambulance, not letting go.

Rachel's eyes crinkle and she begins to cry, before whispering, "Baby," one last time, then suddenly her eyes roll back and her head falls to the side.

"Rachel!" I shout, the paramedics suddenly scrambling and taking her pulse, one of them telling me to stand back as they try to help my love.

"We need to get her to the hospital now! I see two gun shot wounds, no exit wounds, multiple injuries including bruising, possible head trauma and internal bleeding. Let's go people she's already falling unconscious we might need to do compressions!" A man yells as they roll her into the ambulance, shutting the doors on me.

"Follow us to the hospital, sir," The driver tells me as he enters the vehicle, and I hurry to mine.

As I get in my vehicle, I hear one of the police, a man, yell to his fellow officers, "Target has left the scene, search for him!"

a/n
there's my attempt at a climax lmaoooo
i would like to thank greys anatomy for my knowledge of her injuries HAHA
the end is near, two chapters and it's done!
i'm not good at fight scenes, i found this hard to write like fight scenes are so much easier to watch, not write like the fuck?? but anyway i'll see you soon with the next one which is supposed to make you emo!!

also, i have uploaded the prologue for my newest story 'Weapons' and i would really appreciate it if you gave it a read. i honestly just couldn't hold it in and i wanted to get it out there. it is the story i will fully be working on after i finish this one as well as my journal. it is a dark comedy that will also hopefully fuck with your emotions so i hope you really like it!! gonna be pretty different from this story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 13.1K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
419K 11K 46
All they want is to see their best friends -- who hate each other beyond belief -- fall in love. So they put a bet on it. ⇢ some mature content so r...
873K 40.6K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
427K 9.8K 45
Avery Martin is a smart 18-year-old with a boyfriend of one year, two rich parents, and goes to an Ivy League school. As disaster strikes between her...