Texting | SM

By Vanillake

Famous singer-songwriter, Shawn Mendes, accidentally sends a text to someone, thinking it's a girl he met at... More

Texting Shawn Mendes
Who Is This?
Dj Khaled
What's Wrong?
21 Questions
18
Lol
Friends
Wannabes
Stydia
Aloha
¿Drunk?
Sorry About Last Night
Stephen Amell
Greys
Marry Me?
Perfect Strangers
Gossip Girl
¡Tickets!
The Day
Uh-Oh
Snapchat
Ready
Nowhere
Trouble
Grounded
Friday
Dinner
Wake Up Call
Scrambled Eggs
Chick-Fill-A
Mysterious Date
Mole
The Debt
Pulse of Life
Cinderella My Ass
Two Years Later
Instagram
Decisions, Decisions
After

Homecoming

4.9K 103 39
By Vanillake

I can't believe it's been four months since I last saw Shawn. I missed him so much. We've been texting, calling, and even facetiming more frequently lately. We've even been on a facetime date a couple of times and he's been very flirtatious with me lately, calling me 'babe' and 'baby' among other names.

The four months have passed quicker than I thought. Maybe because we've been texting each other every waking moment, that it felt like we were together. I mean we've only been out twice, but it feels like more than that.

Shawn came back to North America last week, but he went straight to Toronto to visit his family. He's coming to L.A. today. He's coming to my house since I can't pick him up from the airport. Yeah, I told my parents that I'm dating Shawn Mendes. Mark was cool with it. My mom freaked out a little but got ever it quickly.

Shawn is coming to my house to meet my parents for the first time and then taking me out to dinner. The dinner is going to be 'somewhat fancy and elegant'. His words, not mine.

I wore a light pink strapless evening gown. With nude stilettos and a nude pink clutch purse. I also wore a light jacket. It's spring, but it's still chilly out. I went shopping at Macy's yesterday and let me tell you, their stuff cost arms and legs. With the money I've spent to buy the outfit alone, I could go to Forever 21 or H&M and buy a suitcase full of clothes. I went broke buying this dress, he better like it.

I hope he likes it.

"I think he's here" my mom yells from the kitchen. I'm currently in the state of fixing my eyeshadow for the third time today. I'm really nervous about this date tonight. Texting and seeing each other in person aren't the same. What if talking to each other isn't as easy as texting? Should we hug each other when we first see each other? Should we kiss? Shake hands? Just smile at each other? It's all getting me stressed out. He said not to worry about anything and that tonight would be great. He said he's been planning this date for a month now and I believed him when he said that nothing would go wrong. Not like the first time. I just hope it doesn't get awkward between us.

"I'm coming" I yell back. The doorbell rings and I hear the front door open and close. I take few deep breaths, before going downstairs.

I keep my eyes on my very high heels, so I won't fall and make a show. Once at the end of the stairs, I look up to find my date and may I just say black suit and white dress shirt look gorgeous on him. That's right, the suit looks good on him. The suit company should pay him for making the simple outfit look so stunning. My eyes scan his body from head to toe and stop at his beautiful brown eyes. I've never seen a color more beautiful. His lips stretch out into a light smile and I can't help but smile back.

We just stand there and stare at each other like there's no tomorrow. That's until my mom clears her throat "Are you guys gonna stare at each other all night or what?"

"We're going" Shawn answers for the both of us. He takes my hand in his and helps me down the last few steps. "Mister and Missus Henderson, I'm Shawn. Thanks for allowing me to take your daughter out tonight. I will bring her back before midnight" he smiles at them. My mom returns the smile almost immediately, but Mark doesn't. He just glares at Shawn like he'd just stolen Queen Elizabeth's crown. "I'll bring her home before eleven, " Shawn says nervously once he notices Mark's eyes on him. As if waiting for that exact answer "Good boy" Mark pats him on the shoulder.

"Okay, that's it Mark. You've scared him enough already. You don't want him to run out of our house like the guys from Penelope now do we?" my mom throws her head back in laugh at the last part.

"Ma!" I pout.

"I'm sorry baby. You're not that ugly" she continues laughing and Mark and I just stare at her like she's a cat on crack.

Meet my mom, the "comedian". She thinks her jokes are the funniest thing in the world. She's always the first one to laugh at her own jokes. It's sad to watch, but Mark and I laugh at it anyway. Most of the time we're actually laughing at her laugh and not the joke. My grandma cracks funnier jokes and she's not even alive. Yep, that my mom.

I shake my head at her before asking Shawn "Can we go now?"

"Yes of course. It was nice to meet you, Mister and Missus Henderson." Shawn nods before intertwining our hands and leading the way. I look down at our intertwined hands and can't help the goofy smile that my lips form. I feel so happy inside all of the sudden for some reason. It feels so great to have him by my side again.

Once we reach his car, being the gentleman that he is, Shawn opens the door for me. I enter the car and wait for him to around and enter from his side. He does it in no time. Long legs are really useful. He interviews our hands once more and lifts my hand up to his lips before placing a kiss on the back of it. A small action that makes my heart do a dance on its own.

"God I've missed you" he places a kiss on the palm of my hands "and I would kiss the hell out of you if your stepfather wasn't giving me a death stare right now" he laughs at the last part. I look over at Mark who's currently in the lawn "watering" mom's dead flowers.

"He's only trying to be protective," I tell Shawn. I hope he doesn't find my family and a little too much because honestly, I would too of it was my first time meeting them.

"I know" Shawn replies "and that's a good thing. A father should always protect his daughter. You're so lucky to have him" He smiles at me, placing yet another kiss on the back of my hand. Something about the way he looks at me speaks to me. It tells me that I'm special.

"I'll drive now before your father changes his mind and kills me and feeds my limbs to the dog" Shawn jokes before starting the ignition. "But we don't have a dog" I pout " and if we did have one, I'm pretty sure it would only eat dog food" I assure him and he laughs.

He starts driving and suddenly, my heart stomach decide to have a dance party. Excitement and curiosity fill my veins. Where is he taking me?

I was beyond worried that tonight would end up being super awkward due to the fact that Shawn left four months ago as my annoying text buddy that I've been on a date with once. Not to mention the first date was a disaster. A perfect disaster.

Trees and buildings zoom past us as Shawn continues to drive, stealing glances at me every now and then. I pretend to not notice. I guess you can say tonight is off to a good start.

After thirty minutes later, we arrive at the Los Angeles Music Center more precisely at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. "We're here" She announces as we stop in front of the breathtaking building. "Oh" is all I manage to say as I'm unsure of why we're here.

I've seen the buildings in the L.A. Music Center on picture and the Walt Disney Concert Hall has always been my favorite. I love the design of the building and their opera house in unreal.

"Don't move," Shawn says before getting out of the car. He goes around the to my side and opens the door for me. A small gesture that makes my heart melt. He sticks his hand out for me and I gladly take it, not only because I find this so sweet, but also because I need help getting out of the car since I'm not used to welling such tall heels. I thank him with a polite smile.

Shawn gives his car key to the valet and escorts me inside.

The interior designs are warm and beautiful and the fact that every hall has it's own unique designs only adds to the beauty of it all. The place seems a little packed tonight. People with expensive clothes strolled the halls, all headed to the same direction. There must be a concert here tonight. Wait, is that why we're here? For a concert?

"Are we here for some concert?" I ask Shawn who's currently leading the way. Everything seems so expensive here and it probably is.

Shawn grins before asking "How did you know?" amusement in his tone.

"I don't know, but the fact that we're at the Walt Disney Concert Hall was a dead giveaway. I'll tell you that" I say playfully. He chuckles at my attempt to to be funny. It warms my heart that I've caused that beautiful sound out of him.

Shawn such an amazing person to be around. He's sweet, gentle, funny, and humble. One minute with him and you can see why millions of girls around the world love and worship the ground he walks on. He's constantly trying to make everyone around him feel comfortable. He's everything you can ever want in a guy. Out of all people why me? What did I do to deserve to go on a date with such human being? I must've been a saint in my previous life and this is my reward. There is no other explanation.

We make our way into a grand hall which I'm assuming is the one in which the concert in being held. The lights are dim, but you can still see how beautiful the golden-orange walls and floors are. We walk towards the stage, Shawn still leading the way with our hands intertwined. We take seats in the front row. The sage is do beautiful and filled with at least a hundred people with all kinds of music instruments. Whoever's singing must be a big deal since all these people will be playing for them live. That reminds me, who's concert is this? I forgot to ask Shawn. I hope it's not some Italian Opera singer. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Italian people, but I just don't like opera and Italia is where it was originated.

"Who's concert is this?" I ask Shawn.

"Adele Laurie Blue Adkins," he says her name with such glory that it sounds like a verse from the Bible, which it is. I love Adele. I mean who doesn't? She's one of my favorite singers of all times. She's blessed with the voice of an angel and writes lyrics like she descended from William Shakespeare himself. What's there not to like?

"Oh my god. Your the best!" I squeal and throw my arms around him. Some people in the back shush me like the concert's already started. I give them a dirty look, even though I doubt they can see my face because of the dim lights. "Thanks" I softly kiss Shawn on the cheek. Just as I'm about to lean back to my seat, Shawn slides his arm around my waist and pulls me towards him. He puts his other hand on my cheek and cups my face with it. He gently caresses my cheek with his thumb and my the butterflies in my stomach go wild like a homeless old man on crack. My heart joins too and oh boy. He leans down and kisses me gently, sweetly. I think my heart just jumped out of my chest because I don't feel it beat anymore.

Just than, the stage lights up and the goddess herself is on stage, smiling and waving at fans. We both pull back to our seats feeling a little awkward. Thank god for my tan skin and the dim light because my face is hot as an over and I'm pretty sure I'm blushing like a tomato right now.

Shawn reaches for my hand and intertwines our fingers. He brings my hand up to his lips and places a gentle kiss on the back of my hand.

Can life get any better?

The answer is yes! The music starts and the British goddess blesses our ears with her angelic voice.

If we could stop tye world tonight. I think that we should try.

Yes I just quoted Austin Moon. What are you gonna do about it?

By the third song, I'm standing up and singing on top of my lungs.

"I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you."

Can this night get any better?

"Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light."

I'm serious. Can it get any better? I'm literally ten feet away from Adele herself. Going to an Adele concert wad one of my life goals and I can't believe I get to scratch that off of my bucket list.

"I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over."

I'm no longer singing now, I'm screaming because I've realized that I'll never sound as good as Adele so why even try?

"Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I'll remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"

***

Shawn kept on laughing at me the entire time. He sometimes sang along, but mostly kept laughing.

He was going to take me a to a fancy French restaurant where they serve only seafood, but I said I wanted to go somewhere else. Somewhere with less fish and more chicken: Popeye's. I didn't leave a room for objections, he kinda had to say 'yes'.

And here we are now at Popeye's, eating Bonafide Spicy Chicken with lemonade and fries.

We went to the concert before dinner because the concert started early and we didn't want to eat dinner at 4.

Tonight's been nothing but amazing. My biggest concern was awkwardness and there was none. Everything went smoothly and I couldn't be more happy. We first held hands, then we kissed and we're now starting deep into each other's eyes like all the answers in the universe are in our eyes and we just look close enough, we'd find what we're looking for.

I don't know when I finished eating my chicken, but I did and my eyes landed on Shawn's. We we're laughing and joking the entire time while eating, but there was this moment where time felt like it had stopped, like we were the only two last souls on the planet. I just couldn't look away. Shawn Mendes in all his glory was sitting across from me, took me a date, open the doors for me, held my hand in public, and is now eating... chicken with me? And the best part? He's staring right into

I can't help but wonder, why? Why me? What's so special about me?

I don't know, but I'm not complaining.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" he catches me off guard by saying. I've been staring into his chocolate brown eyes for too long that I forgot it might seem creepy, but he doesn't seem bothered by it at all.

"I-uh thank you"

Awkward!

He leans in and places his elbows on the table for support. His breaks into a smile as he studies my face, adoration in his eyes. "I've never thought I'd fall for someone so hard so fast. It's crazy" he chuckles then cups my hand with his big and warm one.

The butterflies in my stomach hit the club.

He said 'fall'! 'Fall' as an falling in love.

Oh my god is confessing?

What do I say?!

Should I say it back?

It's not like he actually said the L word or anything.

"I love you Lilith Henderson" the words fall out if his mouth in the

The butterflies in my stomach hit the Jamaican club this time and invite my heart along.

All oxygen leaves my body and I'm left there panting heavily, begging for some oxygen that is nowhere to be found.

Did he just?

He said

'I love you?'

He said it right? My ears aren't deceiving me.

He said my full name too.

"It's okay you don't have to say it back. Sorry I didn't mean to freak you out" he squeezes my hand, breaking my train of thoughts.

Only when my head clears from the billion thoughts, that we're going through it all at the same time, do I realize the disappointment in his eyes as he quickly tries to cover it with a smile. "No no no" I quickly cup my hand with free hand with his "It's just... I'm surprised. You-uh you surprised, in a good way! I didn't mean to not say it back because I feel the same way. I love you Shawn" using the word 'love' in the same sentence as his name sounds almost natural. Almost.

"Well, that's a relief. I thought I was gonna have to write a heartbreak song for a second" he chuckles.

"Yeah we wouldn't want another Stitches" I laugh.

"How dare you disrespect my song? Stitches charted number four on Billboard's Hot 100. Ouch, I'm so hurt" he places his hand over his heart and and wipes a fake tear.

"Do you usually brag this much when confess you love someone?" I shake my head at him.

"I have two albums with over billion streams you know that?" he completely ignores my question "my concert tickets get sold out months before the actual show dates, but yeah" he sighs dramatically "I'm pretty average"

I roll my eyes.

"Oh shit" Shawn snaps, like he's just remembered something. He quickly glances at his phone screen and then back at me. His eyes widen "oh shit. Your father's gonna kill me. It's 10:45." he exclaims.

"You didn't actually beli-" I try to reason with him, but he cuts me off.

"I promised your dad, I'd bring you home before 11 and it's a quarter till 11 now. What will your parents think of me if you don't bring you home on time as I promised? A man should never break his promises, that's like the law! This is my first time meeting your parents and I don't want them to think like I'm dishonest and not good for you. We need to go-"

"Breathe" I remind him to breathe since he's been gabbling for the past thirty seconds without taking a single breath. "Now listen to me, we'll go home and nothing will happen if we're a few minutes late. Mark only said those things to scare you. It's a thing he does to every guy I date. It's kinda his job since he's my dad" I explain.

"So he's not gonna kill me and feed me to the dog that you guys don't have?" he asks with puppy eyes. "No he's not" I assure him and physically relaxes.

Mark really is scary!

We pay for our food and head home. The drive there is full of giggles and laughter. We play a game where we take turns in saying the worst pick up lines we've ever heard and let's just say Shawn had pretty sexual things to say.

We pull up to my house five minutes past 11, which is barely late, but Shawn doesn't think so. He's worried that Mark will take his organs and sell them in the black market. He thinks Mark is some sort of a mafia leader. It's so cute to watch him worry and get all worked up over nothing.

Shawn gets out of the car first and walks to my side to open the door for me. He take his hand for support and smoothly get out of the car. It's a miracle I haven't fallen in those heels yet and I don't want to do it now.

He intertwines our fingers, which totally became our thing now, and walks me to my house. We stop in front of the door to say goodnight. I wish he didn't have to go.

"Thanks for tonight. It was amazing and I loved every second of it" I admit.

"Even when I was bragging about being 'pretty average'?" he air quotes the last part and takes a few steps towards me, stopping just a feet away from me.

"Especially when you were bragging" smile staring at his gorgeous brown eyes. Who knew eye contact could be so intimate?

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me to him, closing the space between us- our faces inches apart. "I missed you" he breaths before brushing his lips against mine. I unconsciously wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer, if that's even possible.

He puts his free hand around my neck and gently caresses his thumb on my neck, sending shivers down my spine. He deepens the kiss by tilting his head to the side, sending electrical waves through my entire body. My legs give out and his arm tightens around my waist to prevent me from falling flat on my face.

The porch lights flicker, a sign that we're being watched and we both pull away at the same time.

Mark!

I awkwardly look at the ground, my face burning from embarrassment.

"I-uh um I'll text you later" Shawn awkwardly scratches the back of his neck.

"Yeah. You do that"

"See you later"

"Later"

Shawn waits for me to enter the house and then leaves.

Way to ruin a perfect night Mark!

I close the door behind me and head over to the kitchen where I know my mom and Mark are. Why are they in the kitchen anyway? Aren't they supposed to be in the living room, binge watching Game of Thrones or something? Did they really have to ruin that moment for me? Everything was so perfect and then it wasn't again. All because of my lovely parents!

My phone buzzes and the flashlight flickers, indicating that I got a new text message. I quickly unlock my phone with my finger print and see that the message is from Ezra.

Ezra: Sorry can't come to the college fair tomorrow.

Me: What do you mean by you can't come? I'm only going because of you. I already know what they're gonna tell us, plus we paid. I better see your ass on that school bus tomorrow!

We're going on a college fair field trip tomorrow. I paid twenty dollars to go on that stupid field trip and he better have a very convincing reason why he doesn't want to go.

Ezra: I can't Lils, my mom is sick. I'm at the hospital.

Oh no. Not again!

I unconsciously dial Ezra's number and call him. This can't happen!

"Hello" Ezra answers with a hoarse voice, clearly indicating that he's been crying. "Is she okay? What happened?" I quickly ask.

"She's in the surgery room. It's been hours" he quietly says. This is bad. "I'm coming" I hang up, grab my car keys from the little basket on the counter, and storm out of the house.

Author's Note

I'm sorry.
Lo siento.
Je suis désolé.​
انا اسفة.
Mi dispiace
Sinto muito.
죄송 해요.
Pasensya na.
Üzgünüm.
Es tut mir leid.

For not updating in almost 2 months, I know it's not okay, but I wasn't just sitting around and doing nothing. I'm a junior in high school and trust me, junior year isn't a fun year. I have to prepare for the SATs and ACTs, I have to do good on the quarterly exams, get good grades, apply for colleges, write a resumé, and find a summer job. It's not all so easy. I'll try to update more frequently like I used to, but I can't promise that I will and as you all know, I don't have an update schedule.

I hope you guys liked this chapter. If you did, make sure to vote and comment.

xoxo-Leyla❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 7.1K 43
Abby Wilson never would have thought she would have to pretend to be a boy just to play soccer, but hey anything can happen right? ~inspiration came...
95.3K 2.1K 22
So Tris Prior you all know her story. Well how about Tris Pedrad? The Pedrads are all Dauntless and even some divergent. What happens when the girl i...
194K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
252K 7.4K 87
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...