Speak | Joshifer

By rossness

Seems simple. He confesses his feelings, and she realizes that she's loved him all along. But somehow, troubl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59.
Epilogue

Chapter 47

11.7K 283 173
By rossness

"Jen, I want this to work just as much as you do," Nicholas speaks.

"Nicholas, I loved you with all my heart, but you can't change how I feel now. And you can't force me to stay with you," I shake my head at him and walk into the hotel living room.

"You can't just leave! Your publicist, management; how do you think they're going to react?" he says following me.

"I couldn't care less what they think! And they can't do anything about it now, it's already done," I say folding my arms in front of him.

"Already done?" he questions me and regret begins to fill in my head.

"So you've already done it, you've already told the public," he shrugs to me and shakes his head.

"Well, we didn't exactly-"

"See, Jennifer! This is why you get yourself in a mess because you don't think before you act! It's always act on impulse with you," he yells.

"Did you even think about how I would feel? How this would affect me?" he asks but I stay silent.

"Fine," he says walking to the front door.

"Nicholas, we are not done talking," I say stomping behind him.

"Yes we are. This time I'm leaving you," he says with a glare.

He turns around and leaves me by myself in the hotel room. Now I have neither Nicholas or Josh to keep me company.

"Jen," I hear someone say from behind me.

I turn around, but nobody is there.
"Jennifer," they says again.

"Jen, wake up!" I hear Josh say again and my eyes flutter open.

"Geez, it's about time," he says with a smirk.

I look around the room and realize I'm not still in Australia. I'm back in L.A in my apartment with Josh.

Josh.

"I had the most vivid dream," I say with my face in my hands.

"What about?" Josh getting out of bed.

"Nothing important," I say shrugging it off. "So what's for breakfast?" I ask him.

"Sorry, but I do believe it's your turn to make breakfast," he smiles.

"Fine," I crinkle my nose at him as I get out of bed and walk to the kitchen.

"Thanks, love you," he hollers.

"Shut up," I yell back and he begins to laugh.

I pull out a new box of froot loops and two bowls. I pour the cereal in each bowl and then I add milk to each. I grab two spoons and then make my way back over to the bedroom.

When I leave the kitchen, Josh is standing in the living room, the remote in his hands.

"What are we watching?" I ask him an he turns around.

"We're on TV, we're on TV," he says in a sing-song voice and moving his shoulders, doing a small dance.

I laugh at him and place his bowl on the coffee table in front of us as he finds the channel. I take a seat on the couch and he sits next to me.

"My girl Giuliana has a new story about us," Josh says waiting for the commercial to pass.

"Your girl?" I laugh at him.

"Shh, no questions. Giuliana is talking," he says turning to the TV and I laugh again.

"The new blockbuster film that everyone has been talking about, the Hunger Games: Catching Fire, was finally premiered in Australia this weekend. The stars of the film gathered together to share the moment," she says and different pictures of us and the cast flash on the screen.

"Not only is everyone buzzing about the movie, but about its two leading stars! Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are always so eager to give an interview together, but I think this one says it all!" She says eagerly.

On the screen is a picture of Josh an I at the premiere hand in hand talking to the interviewer.

"The two co-stars stayed hand in hand for the whole interview and gushed about how proud they are of each other. Take a look.

A video of Josh and I begin to play on the screen.

"Well, Josh is really important to me and we text each other like every day. He's really the only person who keeps me sane most of the time. He's just- he deserves every good thing in this world, like I can't express how much he deserves."

"No, she's the amazing one," Josh laughs. "She deserves everything she's accomplished and I think if somebody else were to play Katniss, I wouldn't be anywhere near as close to them as I am to Jennifer," he finishes with a nod.

"Not to mention that Josh, being the gentleman that he is, held Jennifer's shoes for her the whole interview," Giuliana says smiling.

"And later last night, the pair was seen leaving LAX together. Hutcherson guided Lawrence to the car that had taken them to Jennifer's apartment. Once they arrived there, the pair walked hand in hand to the doors." she finishes and pictures of Josh and I from last night appear on the screen.

"How do they get these pictures so fast?" Josh questions.

"I was thinking the same think, I shrug.

"So I think we can all conclude that yes, Jennifer and Josh are definitely an item. We will be keeping close tabs on the two and will definitely keep you updating on everyone's favorite onscreen couple. I'm Giuliana and we'll see you next time on E! News," she smiles and Josh changes the channel.

"I sound different on video," Josh frowns talking a spoon full of cereal in his mouth.

"Really. That's all you got out of that story," I raise my eyebrows at him.

"And that we are everyone's favorite on screen couple," he laughs.

"I'm telling you, these young people love Peeniss," I say and Josh laughs.

My phone rings from my purse that sits on my living room chair. I get up and take my phone out to be receiving a call from Amy.

"It's Amy," I tell Josh.

"Uh oh," he frowns again.

"Hello?" I speak silently.

"What the hell did you do!" she yells into the phone, loud enough for Josh to hear.

"Whatcha talking about, Amy?" I ask trying not to sound so guilty.

"Put me on speaker," she demands.

"Why?" I ask looking to Josh.

"Because I know Josh is with you and he needs to hear this too," she yells again.

I put the phone down on the coffee table and press the speaker button.

"Hi Amy," Josh says quietly hugging a pillow.

"Do you have any idea how bad you two have upset Jen's publishing team?" she yells again, and I turn the speaker volume down.

"Um, pretty bad?" I guess.

"Extremely bad, young lady! Jennifer, you cannot do something like that without consulting me first! They could fire me!" she says and I begin worry.

"They can't fire you! Why would they do that?" I ask her.

"Maybe because I'm the one who is managing you and making sure you don't do something stupid like this!" she yells again.

"Okay, this wasn't stupid, everyone is actually really happy that Josh and I are together," I say with a pout.

"Well if you think that, then you can tell it to your publishing team," she says hanging up.

There's a brief silence in the room and neither of us speak.

"I thought Amy was rooting for us," Josh speaks silently, staring at the floor.

"I thought so too," I say holding on to my phone.

"So now what," Josh asks shrugging.

"I don't know," I begin.
"I guess we call me publishing team."

I dial the number and wait for someone to pick up.

"Jennifer?" my publicist Lyssa picks up.

"Yeah I'm here," I speak silently.

"Jennifer Shrader, what do you think you've done?" she says a lot calmer than Amy.

"Okay, please don't fire Amy. This is my fault, not hers," I begin.

"Jennifer, you need to consult us before you do anything drastic like this," she says.

"Well next time, don't force me into a relationship," I say equally as mad.

"Listen," she begins. "We think it's actually a good thing you and Josh are together," she says and Josh begins to smile.

"And why do you guys just now think that?" I question. "It was a good thing from the beginning!"

"Well since Catching Fire is premiering, it's good publicity. And everyone loves the thought of the actors who play Katniss and Peeta are together in real life. Creates better chemistry," she finishes.

"And why couldn't you figure that out before you forced me to be with Nicholas?" I begin and Josh moves near me, kissing me underneath my jawbone.

"We're very sorry. Just try and keep things normal and do anything else super drastic, okay?" Lyssa finishes and Josh's touch begins to tickle my neck.

"Yeah I got it, I gotta go now," I say into the phone.

"Okay, we'll talk later," she says and I hang up the phone and turn to Josh.

"That's not funny," I smile at him.

"Yeah, but you like it when I kiss you there," he says moving his head back down to my jawline.

"Alright, alright, finish your cereal," I say pushing him off of me.

"Fine," he says grabbing his bowl and take in a spoon full of cereal as well

"That went a lot easier than I thought," I say with a shrug.

"Yeah I know right I'm just happy Peeniss is together in real life, I love Peeniss," he says and I almost spit out my milk from laughing.

•Haha, I hope you all like this chapter, I might update again later. Sorry if it's so short. Thank you guys for getting Sunkissed to almost 100 reads! I love the feedback I'm getting from you guys! Leave some comments and thank you so much for getting Speak to 52k!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.2K 16
THE HUNGER GAMES ━━ ❛ my nightmares are usually about losing you. ❜ FINNICK ODAIR x MALE OC CATCHING FIRE ANGIE & KATHERINE © 2018 B...
1.2K 64 15
These are un-edited short stories and mess-ups that I have written over the past few years. Some of these are from my Grey's Anatomy stories that did...
4.9K 100 8
An in-depth adventure in to the Human Body. How well do you know yourself? Are you scientific minded, interested about the human body and the way it...
1.4M 92.7K 106
I only see him 5 minutes a day-Total. He gets on & off at the train terminal across from me. I don't know where he's going, where he comes from, wh...