Last Voyages

By TheBlondeAdventurer

**THIS IS THE THIRD BOOK IN THE CAPTAIN STYLES SERIES. READ THE FIRST TWO BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO READ THIS. YOU... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
I got challenged!
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 27

2.9K 157 50
By TheBlondeAdventurer

"When something bad happens you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you." - Both

Isabella's POV:

Harry was staring at me in shock. He was acting as if I came back from the dead. Which in a way, I have.

But at the same time, seeing his gobsmacked expression seemed almost out of place for him, and somehow he was even smiling at the same time. It made me feel good, but weird as well. Something must have gone down when I was out of it, but from the looks of everyone, all I could say was they all looked relieved.

"Isabella!" 

"MOMMY!!" 

The screams of my mother, Queen Phillipa, and Layla hit my ears and a smile came to my face, seeing them rushing over to me. I attempted to take a step, but Dr. Gregory stopped me. 

"You shouldn't walk on your own. It isn't good for you." he says and I let out a sigh, feeling weak but nodding to him. He was right. If I moved too much or in the wrong way, the stitches holding my stomach together at the moment would rip instantly.

Layla reached me first, hugging my leg happily, obviously knowing she couldn't jump on me. "I'm so glad you're okay!" she says relieved and I smile, putting a hand on her head, patting it. "I'm not going anywhere, baby girl. It's going to take a lot more than that to finish me off." I say surely, seeing her give me a bright smile.

Although I say that with confidence, in the back of my mind a shadow of doubt clouds that confidence. My smile fades for a moment, knowing if I hadn't been treated in time, I could've very likely been dead. It was my mere willpower that kept me going after I got stabbed.

Queen Phillipa breaks me from my thoughts as she pats my shoulder delicately, giving me a smile. "It's good to see you up again." she says warmly and I return the smile, looking from her to my mother, who just had a knowing smile on her face.

I weakly smile at her intimidating look, and by her gaze I know exactly what she's thinking. "I knew you were going to do this," is exactly what's going on in her mind, and I feel slightly ashamed to be known so well that my mother knew I'd do something like this.

"I'm glad you're alive." she says and I let out a small laugh, nodding my head to her. "I am too." I say and her eyebrow raises skeptically. She must not believe my earlier statement about me being confident...sometimes my mother knows me too well.

I look up, seeing Harry still staring at me, slowly walking towards me with an unreadable expression on his face. I tried to give him a smile, but it was wobbly and unsure. Was he angry at me for doing what I did, or was he thankful? I couldn't tell at the moment, and uneasiness crept inside me.

Did I make a mistake?

I open my mouth to say something, but everything that could've come from my mouth disappeared in a breath as Harry put his arms around me, giving me a tight hug. My eyes were wide as his arms wrapped over my shoulders, staying away from my wound. 

The doubts that began to build up in my mind fizzled away, as I slowly moved my arms to return Harry's hug, gingerly placing my hands on his back so I didn't move much. Harry was now supporting me, and my eyes squeezed closed as his embrace warmed my body. 

This felt so natural, so right. It was like the past six years didn't matter. But at the same time, I could tell something was off. I didn't know what, but something was wrong. 

His body...was shaking.

"Thank God..." Harry whispers in my ear, low enough so that no one else would be able to hear it, my eyes opening at his voice. "Thank God you're alright." he murmurs in a tone filled with so much relief it made tears come to my eyes. He really is back. I think to myself, gripping his shirt tightly in my fists.

"I won't go anywhere." I whisper and he holds me a little tighter, his shaking not stopping. 

"Harry?" I ask, now concerned as to why his body was trembling as he held me. "Damn it, Bella." he forces out and I turn my head to look at his face, my eyes widening as I see tears trickling down his face, his eyes squeezed closed. 

"I thought you were dead." he says pained and my eyes widen. "Why did you do that?" he asks and I feel a tear slip from my eye, my mouth hanging open in shock. How could I not be? 

Harry was shaking as I was being held in his arms, and the cause for his trembling was because he thought I was going to die on him. He was so worked up over me taking a sword for him that he is actually trembling like a lost child in my arms. 

Slowly I pulled away from Harry, his arms going under my own to support me, and I saw the serious look on his face. With a small smile I said, "Don't be sad. I took that blade for you because I love you, and I wouldn't want you to die." 

Harry looked at me harshly, making me shrink down from his gaze. "And do you really think I want you to die either?! What do you think would've happened to me if you died like that!" he exclaims, my eyes widening. 

"Harry, I-" "No. You were so careless to step in front of me. I...I could've lost you," he pauses, looking down sadly. "And I couldn't lose you a second time. Not now." he murmurs, my heart tightening with the words he spoke. 

Lifting one hand up, I rested it on his face, giving him a bright smile. "You aren't going to lose me. I promise." I say surely, my words reaching him clearly as he looks back up, a relieved look on his face. 

"You won't die on me?" he asks and I shake my head. "Never." I say surely and he lets out a sigh, putting one of his hands over his eyes. 

"Why do I always get so worked up over what you do?" he asks and I raise an eyebrow. He's always gotten worked up? It may be the six year gap, but my memories are a little fuzzy when I think about what he says. 

But the fact that he seems to remember so clearly means a lot, and without warning a smile comes to my face as I lean forward, kissing his cheek tenderly. He looks at me quite surprised, unsure of how to react to my act of affection.

"It's because you still care." I say and he just lets out a laugh. "I do, don't I?" he says and I nod my head. 

Finally I looked away from him, seeing everyone looking at the scene we were causing with smiles on their faces. Dr. Gregory gingerly took me away from Harry, holding me firmly under the arms as Harry gives me a small smile.

"Isn't this wonderful?" Queen Phillipa says joyously and a smile comes to my face before I can even think about hiding it. Yes, it is wonderful. I was alive, Harry was coming back to normal, and I had Layla with me.

As everyone began to talk, I looked around, smiling as Layla hugged my leg again before hugging Harry's leg, exclaiming happily to him how excited she was we were making progress. Queen Phillipa was engaging Dr. Gregory with my mother, discussing my recovery plan and how long it would take me to fully heal.

The smile on my face turns sad, and my head lowers slightly as a heavy feeling weighs on my heart. 

It was a lot less joyful for me than what people thought. Dr. Gregory told me as soon as I woke up it must've been my deep love for Harry that kept me going while I was unconscious...and I didn't disagree with him. But the sad thing about this entire situation was that while I was struggling to live, even though I sacrificed myself for Harry...

He didn't cross my mind once. 

My eyes slowly travel towards Harry, seeing him talking with Layla, a sly grin on his face as he teased her about something, and the pout that came to her face upon hearing his words. My gaze stuck on Layla as my heart twisted inside me.

That was the reason I wouldn't allow myself to die. I couldn't leave Layla without a parent. 

With as much progress as Harry had made before, I guess there was still doubt in my mind whether or not he would show up and stay for Layla if I was gone. And that is the reason I couldn't let my life go.

I have my baby girl in my life, there's no way I could ever leave her. Not for anyone or anything. Layla is my life, she has been for six years. To even imagine her being sad or alone...I couldn't bear the thought. I will protect her with everything in me, but at the same time, I will never let myself die while I have her to take care of.

Frowning slightly I turned away from my daughter, feeling a little ashamed of thinking so little of Harry, especially after the reaction he just had to seeing me alive. 

But at the same time, I didn't blame myself either. He hasn't been here for us for six years. My first thought after I charged in front of him wasn't that he didn't need to see me die, it was that my baby girl couldn't be without her mother. I didn't want to leave her alone.

Of course I didn't want Harry harmed, that was the initial reason I ran in front of him. There was no way I'd watch someone I love die while there was something I could do about it. But as soon as my consciousness slipped...my mind was filled with Layla.

Looking back over at Harry and Layla, I see the happiness lighting up Layla's eyes as she talks to her father, and I see Harry's rough shell deteriorating the longer the talks to his daughter. Pain entered my heart as I brought my arms to my chest, looking down at the ground. 

Perhaps...one day...if something like this ever happens again, I'll see this image in my mind instead. Both Harry and Layla...not one or the other. 

The wish stayed in my mind until I let out a long breath, my eyes venturing away from the floor to the pair. A weak smile came to my face, but doubt still swirled around in my brain. Maybe one day it'll happen. But for now...

I'm still unsure.

GUESS WHO FINALLY UPDATED GUYS! MEEEEE!!! Yes I realize it's been ages since I've updated and I am so sorry, but my workload is way too much this semester for me to write on a constant basis. But I am trying desperately to keep updating and keep writing day by day, although it may end up being week by week. I apologize so profusely, but college is my first priority as of now, so I apologize for putting writing on the back burner. But I will do my best to continue updating.

Now yes, I realize this chapter isn't as long. I don't care. I updated. Please don't keep asking me to make them longer guys, you don't realize how much of a strain it really is on me to do that constantly, especially when I already have so much to do. I hope y'all understand that.

Okay, mini rant over. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! Shows progress doesn't it? Hehe, or does it? Only one quote remains, so at the end of NEXT CHAPTER all quotes will be put in the author's note, and I want y'all to take a guess as to what will happen for the final arc of this book, which is actually coming up pretty quickly. I love you all and thank you for your continued support!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

371 43 41
THIS IS THE THIRD BOOK IN A SERIES. PLEASE READ THE OTHER TWO (FOUND ON MY PROFILE) FIRST. It was supposed to be over. It looked like it was over. Ev...
1.2K 131 33
~* Bad decisions make great stories *~ A Harry Styles dark romance that explores the intricacies of mental health, morality and sexual attraction. En...
129 1 15
÷÷÷•÷÷÷EDITING÷÷÷•÷÷÷ Three tribes rule the world. When the world is devided, strong, iron rules are set to keep everyone in every tribe in line, and...
615K 27.6K 66
Against Her Will Temperance Hall was born the daughter to a poor farmer and his seamstress wife. When her mother and two younger siblings were kille...