NECROCITY TIMES - Issue #2...

By Paranormal

The much-awaited Issue #2 of Paranormal Community's NECROCITY TIMES MAGAZINE in association with @ParanormalL... More

NECROCITY TIMES ISSUE #2
Hot off the Press!
Acknowledgements
Letter from the Editor - A New Magister
WPRS Short: From the Ashes (Origin of the Magister)
Meet @ParanormalLovers !
WPRS Short: We Grind to Ink (Origin of the Magister)
Reading Lists: Submissions OPEN!
Reading Lists: Which Category Should I Enter?
Promote Your Paranormal Stories HERE!
WPRS Short: To Write Our Own Stories (Origin of the Magister)
Interview: Meet the new Lord Magister!
With Love from #DeadlyKisses
Deadly Kisses Anthology Winners!
The Truth About Valentine's Day
Horoscopes: Written in the Stars
Interview: Wattpad Romance
Interview: Wattpad Fright
LoveLines - WPRS Radio Show
Lover's Days Around the World
Poetry: Love Kills
'Til Death Do Us PARTY! - Ghost Wedding
Nourish the SOULfood: Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
Advice: I Have No Mate
LoveLines: What makes a romance compelling?
Undead: Until ReDeath Do You Part
Deadly Kisses Interview: Mya Brava
Deadly Kisses Interview: Ian R Cooper
Deadly Kisses Interview: Waterbearer
True Story: True Love Beyond the Grave
LoveLines: Describing a love interest
Undead: Finding the Love of Your Afterlife
Poetry: A Ghost of You
Advice - Dating as a ghost...?
Preternatural Attraction: Date the Beings You've Never Heard Of!
LoveLines: Best/Worst Tropes in PR?
Fae: Love Letter from the Dark
LoveLines: How to resolve Love Triangle?
Poetry: Moving Away
Advice: My Girlfriend is a Vampire!
Short Story: Never Touch a Vampire
LoveLines: Dark Romance?
Nourish the SOULfood: Marshmallow Crispie Hearts
LoveLines: Which creature would you date?
@PoetsSociety - Call for Submissions!
Get to know your date!
Nourish the SOUL food: Valentine's Day Breakfast!
LoveLines: How to handle break-ups?
Advice: I got a new date! But he's a vampire...
Poetry: Leila
Date Ideas!
Advice: How do I recognize abuse...?
Dear Magistra, From the Collective
Dear Magistra, From the Bards
Dear Magistra, From the Board
Dear Magistra, From the Magister

Advice - Love Potion...?

72 16 13
By Paranormal

Dear Agent #2,

I really like this boy, and I wish he were mine. But he won't notice me!

I went to the apothecary and mixed some vials together to make a love potion. Do you think this will work? Will this make him love me?

-Love Potion #9

Dear #9,

What is wrong with you? By the Magistra that is messed up. Love potions are not consent!

Relationships are...well...how we relate to one another, sometimes within a structured dynamic, sometimes within one that is changing and adapting to the needs and feelings of the people involved as they both come to a CONSENSUAL agreement about what it should look like, what it is, what they are okay with and what they aren't.

"Love" is an active verb that means to genuinely care about the well-being of another, and to show it. Otherwise it's just an infatuation if it is not reciprocated or acted upon. You got any infatuation potions lying around that you took? No? It developed on its own?

So does love.

Love is something you nourish, something living that grows. Love is exemplified by fondness, attachment, commitment, and intimacy! You can't make a potion for that. You can only hack their organic neurochemical system and override it, making them believe that it's love.

But it's a false love. A drunken love. It serves you, but not them. Do they want you? Just ask them! Maybe give them a compliment first. Express your affection. If you can't because you're too nervous, then write a nice letter. Take that risk. Maybe you will be rejected, but at least the love that you desire came about honestly. Be brave. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

And if you can't take a 'no', then walk away before you hurt them. Because then you don't really care about them, you don't love them, if you can't accept their wishes and their agency to make their own choices about what will make them happy.

You monster.

Destroy that love potion before I report you to HR.

-Agent #2

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 53 35
#1 on 30 june 2021 vampire weekend. #1on 1st july 2021 vampire weekend. Horror series part four. The paranormal and news reports team. if you don't...
2.5M 127K 34
| Highest Ranking in Werewolf: 9| Completed 4/10/2017 I watched him fall in love. I watched as he took her to places I had always wanted to go and d...
394K 12K 51
UNEDITED/poorly written when I was younger (needs severe editing) "Becky, I'm scared! Someone's following me and I don't think I can make it home! Pl...
690 47 17
Has Earned Top Ten Spots in: Shifter, Romance stories, Fated Mates, supernatural romance Finally... he released my legs allowing me to slide down his...