Crossing Enemy Lines

By lala_cutiepie273

Saphire and Gabriel have always been at one another's throats since day one. They've argued a lot and the rea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Science Class
Chapter 3: Tennis Buddies (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 4: Early Awakenings
Chapter 5: Let the Games Begin
Chapter 6: Let's play Pt. 1 (Saphire's POV)
Chapter 6: Let's Play Pt. 2 (Scarlette's POV)
Chapter 8- The Mistake That Almost Happened(James POV)
Chapter 9- The Morning After
Chapter 10: Alone...With Him (Pic Of Saphire)
Chapter 11- Prep-Rally (Gabriel's POV)(Pic of Gabriel)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt. 1 Scarlette's POV (Pic of Scar)
Chapter 12: Back At Home Pt.2 James POV (Pic of James)
Chapter 13- Welcome Home? (Family Pic)
Chapter 14: The Breakthrough (Gabriel's POV)
Chapter 15: All by myself... Not!
Chapter 16: Gabriel vs. Drey (Gabriel's POV)

Chapter 7- The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One

627 14 8
By lala_cutiepie273

~* sorry it took me so long to update, but I was really busy with school. But I did finish up to chapter 9 and they are up right now. I hope you like them>*~

Chapter 7: The End of an Era & The Beginning of a New One

I woke up early again this morning. Seriously what was wrong with me lately?! I sat up and remembered that I slept over by Jay-Jay. Also I recalled the incident from last night. Sigh why me? I looked in my head and Kimmy wasn’t there. Did I really get rid of her before I went to sleep? Wow honestly I can’t remember. I just know that she isn’t there anymore. Being bored I climbed up to the top bunk were James was sleeping. Should I? Shouldn’t I? I asked myself as I cuddled up with him.

“Morning Fireball,” James yawned.

“I’m sorry Jay-Jay I didn’t mean to wake you,” I apologized.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him and inhaled my hairs sent. Weirdo. Although I must admit that this felt so nice. I wish I could wake up like this every morning.

“It’s ok. It’s ok,” he said while stroking my hair.

I turned to face him. I was watching his features when he exclaimed, “Wow!”

“What??” I asked feeling a little self-conscious.

“You look so beautiful when you wake up and not much people could say that,” he stated with a little shock to his voice. When he said that I could feel myself blush, “It’s too bad we’re just friends though,” he sighed.

“No were not just friends. I’m shocked you think that,” I told him while pulling him closer into the hug.

“Were not,” he asked a little too hopefully.

“Nope were best friends,” I told him matter-of-factly. Yeah my bestie Jay-Jay. Life can’t possibly be any better than this moment right now. “Okay I’m going to go take a shower.”

“Yeah Fireball you stink,” James laughed while holding his nose, earning him a play full slap.

I walked over to the bathroom to run a bath. Then I pulled out my mp3, plugged in my head phones, took off my clothes, and jumped into the bath. It is so refreshing.  It feels like all my troubles are slowly being washed away and boy is that an amazing feeling.

“Hit me with your best shot! Why don’t you hit me with your best shot? Hit me with your best shot? Hit me with your best shot! Come on fire away,” I started to ‘sing.’ Just then Gabriel walked in.

“Hey Saphire,” he said sleepily. It took a while, but then he realized what he just said. “James!!!! Why is Saphire in our bathroom?”

“Oh she stayed the night. Just don’t worry about it,” James said like it was nothing new. I wonder just how often James brings girls into his room and allow them to shower here. I thought his mother taught him better. Of course I’m an exception; I mean we’ve known each other almost all of our lives.

“Oh okay. But why was she singing off key?”

“I don’t know ask her.” That made me gasp, was I really off key? If I was I didn’t even notice. I don’t sing off key. Besides I thought that the bathroom was supposed to have these amazing acoustics that could allow anyone to sing.

“You really think I was off key,” I asked still shocked.

“Yeah but not for the whole thing just, the part where you were singing ‘fire away’.”

This made me feel a little better, but just a little. I sat there and Gabriel was there just staring and smiling. This made me want to smile a little. I didn’t realize it before but he had a beautiful smile. You know with a smile like that it almost made me forget that I hate his guts, almost. Oh shit!! I just remembered I was taking a bath. “Get out the bathroom you pervert,” I screamed.

“Hey this is my room. I’m paying for the water your using,” Gabriel sassed causing me to gasp.

“Why I never.” It wasn’t like he could’ve seen anything I was completely covered in bubbles. Still somehow I feel as though he is using some kind of secret eye vision thingy to see through them. “James,” I shouted. Just then James rushed into the bathroom.

“What is it Fireball?” he asked as though he was exhausted. Lazy butt.

“Well, umm let’s see. I’m in the freaking bath tub and your horny ass roommate refuses to leave. Other than that I’m just peachy,” I said with so much sarcasm it’s deadly. “Okay can you blame him?” he asked. Ugh!!!!!! I am surrounded by the dumbest creatures to ever walk this Earth: boys. Ladies you guys understand right. I decided that sinking completely under the water was my best option. Can’t they just leave me alone? All I wanted was to enjoy a nice, relaxing bath.

“You had your fun now let’s go,” I heard James say. Thank you. Gosh, I mean really? Few minutes, well an hour, later I came out, dried off, and put on a pair of sweats and a tank top. Yeah I’m an attractive one. They are just lucky I couldn’t find my boxers. Man those things are comfy. When I was done I walked into the room where James and Gabriel were watching TV. I went to sit down next to James.

“So Jay-Jay wacha-watching,” I said in my Isabella voice.

“Oh Dragon Ball Z, but it’s on commercial now,” he answered back.

“Really what episode?! I haven’t watched it in like forever!! I still read the manga though along with Naruto and Bleach of course.”

“Nerd,” I hear Gabriel cough. Really how old was this guy? I accepted being called a nerd a long time ago, so it didn’t really affect me.

“Leave her alone. It’s not very often you get to say your girl-friend is into the same stuff you are. And last time I checked you have a larger anime collection than she does,” James defended. Then he winked at me to let me know he had my back.

He is just the sweetest thing ever. Yeah, he always defended me when we were younger, but to know he still had my back was really comforting.

 “Thanks Jay-Jay. You didn’t have to do that you know, I really am such a nerd” I whispered.

“I know but nobody messes with my Fireball and gets away with it, and only I get to call you a nerd.”

“Again thanks Jay-Jay. It’s glad to know that after all these years you still have my back. You know I love you right.”

“I love……..” “Okay, guys I get it. There’s a lot of love. But I’m trying to get some very important information,” Gabriel interrupted.

I looked at the TV it was showing the Slushy Magic commercial. “Really dude,” I heard Jay-Jay say.

“Hey can I get the extra one they’re going to send you,” I asked.

“Sure but why?”  

“Because it looks so cool. Besides it should do wonder in the summer time.”

“Oh but wait I taught you hated me?”

You know for a moment I forgot about that. I guess I can’t really hate anyone if I’m in a relaxed stage. “I do but I still want it.”

“Gold-digger”

“Dude I’m telling you, you have one more time to talk about Saphire,” James said full of rage. This shocked me. I was used to him defending me but he never got this upset. Also let’s not forget he rarely used my real name anymore.

“Jay-Jay it’s okay. Calm down, it’s ok really,” I soothed.

 “Yeah dude chillax,” Gabriel said cautiously. James shot him a glance that could kill.

“Sorry Saphire, it was just a joke. I guess some people never heard of those,” Gabriel whispered the last part under his breath. I just nodded to let him know it was okay. I gave my Jay-Jay the tightest hug ever. I hate to see him get mad. I felt him relax. “It’s alright baby don’t cry, it’s ok,” I soothed him like he’s a little child waking up from a bad dream...

 “Fireball I’m sorry,” James apologized.

“For what?”

 “I know it’s not easy for you to see me upset. Remember what happened last time?”  The memory will continue to burn in the back of my mind. The last time he got upset was when my uncle died. I don’t know why but he blamed himself for seeing me cry, like he was the one that killed him. He got so mad and out of control that when I tried to calm him down he actually hit me and he hated himself for it ever since. My Jay-Jay kind of has an anger problem, and I’m not just saying this.

“It's alright okay Jay-Jay,” I continued to soothe. It was silent for a while when we heard a knock at the door Gabriel went and opened the door, it was just Scarlette. “Hey have you seen Saphire anywhere,” she asked. Gabriel just stepped out the way open the door wider to show Scar I was here.

“Saphire can I talk to you for a moment?” I didn’t move; I didn’t want to leave James when he was like this. He has to be calm or he can explode at any second. It’s kind of like defusing a bomb… but much deadlier. “Wow, you are so pathetic. You can’t even leave ‘Jay-Jay’ to talk to your best friend!” I felt James tense up when scar said that.

“First of all don’t be acting like such a bitch, second of all MY Jay-Jay is also my best friend, and third of all, I don’t really have a third thing, but it’s just more dramatic when you have three things,” I protested.

“You’re just as stupid as ever aren’t you, and if I’m such a bitch why the hell are we even friends? Maybe we should just forget the war and everything else. Maybe we shouldn’t even be friends,” she screamed.

Well that hurts like a dagger straight through my heart. When she said that I could feel some unwelcomed tears come to my eye, but I just blinked them away. I refuse to let her see me cry and give her the upper hand.  Did she really just say that? I mean we never really took the war this far before.  Honestly could she be mad at me. I can bet you anything that she thinks she didn’t do anything wrong. Also I’m pretty sure she threw one of her tantrums like she usually does.

“Don’t you dare…….,” was all James got out before I cut him off.

“Jay-Jay doesn’t okay. This is my problem alright. Scar if you really want to be a prissy, stuck-up, self-centered bitch then go ahead, because I am done putting up with your crap. You always feel the need to be right and be in the center of attention, but guess what? I am done hiding in your shadow. Saphire is about to shine, so if you want to take your anger out on our friendship then go ahead. Maybe we should really just end it right here, right now.”

Everyone mouths hanged open. I don’t usually have outburst, but when I do they’re pretty brutal.  Everyone knows you have had to overstep a boundary in order to get me like really mad. I’m pretty sure that no one, not even me, was expecting me to say that. That’s when I realized that I didn’t really get rid of Kimmy; I merged our personalities. It makes sense because now I have a sudden urge to flat her tires.

“Saphire why… you know what, I don’t even care anymore.”

“Fine then I’ll pack up my things and you’ll never have to see my face again,” I said my sentence with no trace of emotion in my voice what-so-ever.

“Fine then,” Scar tried but failed miserably to do the same.

I stood there for a while, the place where my best friend and I became enemies. The thought of it made me collapse and all the tears I was holding back just started to flow. I buried my face in my hands and sobbed softly.  I felt someone come to comfort me, I didn’t really care who I just needed someone. I wrapped my arms around them and allowed myself to cry helplessly into their chest. “Just let it go okay. Just let it all out.” This was Gabriel’s voice. But why was he comforting me? Gosh I swear boys are some bipolar creatures.

“I-I-I,” I tried to speak but couldn’t make the words.

“Shh. Okay just let it out,” he said while rubbing my back. I turned my head so that I could see James, he was shaking rapidly. Gabriel saw that I was watching him so he told me to go ahead. With that I walked over to James, sat next to him, and he hugged me tightly. I started crying even more now that I was with him. This made him hug me even tighter. We stayed like this for a couple of minutes.

“So where are you going to stay,” James asked breaking the silence. “

I don’t know. I guess to my aunt she doesn’t live to far from here. Also I don’t want to share a room with any strangers or weirdoes.”

“Fireball you can’t go.”

“Then what am I supposed to do.”

“You can kick it here.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, why not?”

“Well...”

“Come on. Gabriel convince her to stay.”

I turned to face Gabriel, he had and unreadable look on his face. “If she wants to I don’t have a problem. I mean it’s kind of fun having you around and you make James happy. And maybe just maybe I’ll give you my extra slushy magic.”

“Really?” this shocked me. Why would he want me here? Is this part of the whole thing where it’s like keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

“Yeah, but the minute you start singing off key again you’re out. Or, or you have to sing that some exact song for karaoke.”

“I was not off key, right Jay-Jay?”

“Umm I’m staying out of this,” James said nervously. This means he agrees with Gabriel. That traitor. You know this might actually be fun. Maybe I might start to get along with Gabriel. Key words being: maybe and might. But hey, nowadays you never know. After all my world did kind of turn upside down.

Several minutes later I went to the room only to find my side completely trashed. My clothes all over the floor, pictures torn, and my boots busted (those boots were cheap anyways). What the hell had happed? This I know was a dumb question. Scarlette was always known for her tantrums. For now I ignored that. I started to collect my things; whatever wasn’t torn, broken, or just messed up. I really didn’t want to be here when Scarlette came back. I was just about finished when Scarlette walked in. luck just isn’t on my side these days is it.

“So where are you going,” Scarlette asked.

I scoffed, “That’s none of your business anymore, so what’s it to you?”

“You know what your problem is?”

“Please tell me, because obviously you know everything.”

“You think that you could just come, snap your fingers and whatever you want is yours. Army brat.”

“Really well I love being an army brat, because an army brat’s life is so perfect right?”

“Excuse you, you know what I don’t care anyway you need to hurry and get the hell out of my room.”

“I don’t have to I’m an army brat I can do whatever I want,” I said while sticking my tongue out like I was 5.

When I was done I left I don’t have to put up with her anymore. Everything felt a though I was starting all over again. Maybe this is just what I need. Today was a very busy day I lost my soul sister, and moved into the home of my best friend and my… enemy? Wow, how’s that for irony? Either way I don’t know if Scar and I will ever be friends again. But judging from the conversation we just had I could tell that she was angry and would probably be angry for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~* thanks for reading. I hope you liked it. Please vote or comment or both. I would really love to hear what you think about my story. Thank you*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

560K 12K 65
{ completed }. ( IN EDITING ) When Gabriella meets the boys for a photoshoot, will their be a cert...
8.1M 237K 41
"So this was all just a game to you . . .this whole time, you pretended to like me in order to humiliate me in front of the entire school?" An air of...
1.4K 71 39
Meera Desai. She believed in public affection. James Brenegan. He believed in private affection. She wanted a public display of affection while he w...
36.7K 1.8K 63
Gabriel and Gyan were college sweethearts, and they thought they had found the love of their lives. Then Gabriel got an opportunity in Australia, and...