Splintered Hearts

Oleh newbiegac2015

"What exactly is your problem?!" I snapped throwing the file down on the hood of the car. My patiences with... Lebih Banyak

Where's the pizza?!
Lets start off with a bang.
Time to hit the road.
Everyone has a story.
Maybe it's in the name?
Crew initiation
Dorothea hasn't left yet.
The hotels secret..
We all have a little monster inside us
Expect the unexpected..
Meddling Affairs.
Left the Vegas charm.. In Vegas.
Robyn's history.
Childhood friend
Coming to an understanding
The match
Picture this.
A little understanding.
Stage three A**hole
A secret maybe best left untold.
The mystery woman.
Finding a retreat..
Careless whisper.
The sound of silence
Lust is a sin.
Freelance
Do you believe in fate?
Vanilla or blueberry?
Hearts don't break even.
Preparation
Better late than never.
The cat is out..
Who's to blame?
Have you... Ever?!
Here to us.
Style is key.
Hidden agenda
Similarities with a Vampire
What there isnt.
No cross keys
Robyns Wrong Move
The Fallout.
Departure.
Little too late.
My December
That regret that you don't regret
It terrifies me.
The disclosure
Roses are red.
Unprotected.
Playing by Zak's rules.
To his aid.
Breakfast in Bed
TX -> LVN
Date Night..
Just be honest Zak.
Another dark place
The illusion.
She will... Be loved
Don't blame it on me.
Unexpected Blow.
Was I wrong?
Make a wish..
Unintentional present
Happiness and sunshine
Past memories
Baby boom.
A parents love never dies.
Ying Yang
Second step
Admirable or Ludicrous?
Damn psycho.
Setting the sides.
Batten down the hatches.
Quarantine
Moved into paradise.
We all need to feel love.
Moods.
Its arrived.
Underlying
Not like the movies
***This isnt staying***
The collection.
****

Robyn's way.

2.1K 72 9
Oleh newbiegac2015

I felt like I had been punched in the gut as I looked at them both. Zak looked in shock as his eyes fell on the pregnancy test in his hands.

Zak and I? We were a curse.. The first time we met a fire alarm went off.

That was our first warning and now this?!

Harmony was watching my reaction carefully so I did what any normal person would do...

"W- Congratulations!" I smiled covering my emotions and feelings. Aaron's face filled with confusion as he looked at me but I kept my facade up.. I had too.

I had been through enough to last me a lifetime, I will not give her the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

"Thanks babe, it- are those Zak's clothes?" She asked pointing to the clothes I was wearing.

I smiled "Yeah, I slipped in the pool, clumsy. I'm sorry I can't stop, Billy is getting coffee and dropping me home."

"Oh." She replied.

"Bye guys." I responded before slipping past Billy and through Zak's lounge fast.

"Robyn.." Billy whispered following me. "Robyn. Ro-"

"Just take me home." I interrupted him.

As I opened Zak's front door he emerged from the kitchen making my heart thud harder in my chest. I wanted to tear it out, cast it aside and forget I ever felt anything for him.

"Let's go." I spoke firmly at Billy.

"Rob-"

"Congratulations Zak." I blurted out, stopping him from saying my name.

"Please don't.."

"Don't be happy that you're gonna be a father? Why would I not be happy for you? Step up... Champ." I patted his arm and gave him a smile.

"Don't treat me li-"

"Goodbye Zak..." I finished getting into Billy's car and locking my door. Zak tried the handle before knocking the window.

"Robyn open the door. Stop being a child."

That line itself made me scoff. "Drive Billy." I ordered.

"Just speak to him.." He reasoned.

"About what?! Fucking nurseries?! I said drive! Please just drive!" My voice broke and understanding filled his face. He took a look at Zak before starting the car and pulling away.

We left the private community in silence as my mind reeled over what had just happened.

She's pregnant.

"I guess so." Billy replied making me look over at him "You're thinking out loud."

"Sorry.."

"No, no don't be. Hell I didn't expect that. I presumed she was here to cause more shit. You know?"

I nodded and looked out the window at trees and blue skies. "I feel like my stomach is churning. God damn it!" I snapped punching my thigh.

"Hey.. Stop."

"Is he a fucking idiot?! Am I a fucking idiot?!" I asked.

"No. No you aren't." Billy sighed.

"He jus-" I growled hard before I sealed my mouth shut.

This would wait.. This anger needs to go.

It didn't take long to get to my house, as Billy pulled up he looked over at me.

"You going to be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go have a bath and drink a shitload of peppermint tea. Forget this day ever happened." I joked.

"Call me if you need anything."

"Thanks Bill." I gave him a small smile before heading in and to bed.

I just wanted to forget about this day...
--------------

The next morning.

I wondered if anyone else got into bed and presumed that sleep would fix all their problems? I know I did and guess what?

It didn't.

To be honest? I wanted to crawl back into my bed and forget the world but I needed to get a grip on myself. I had managed all this time alone, just because I fell into bed with Zak once doesn't mean I need to lose my shit.

With that I fixed my attitude and headed into the office.  Not that I particularly wanted to, but the info pack for the next lockdown won't make itself to my hands.

The drive over was slow, almost inhumanely slow but to pass the time I sang along to the radio and looked on tinder for a date.

Hasty?  Yes.

Necessary? No.

Rebounding? Absolutely.

Flicking through I saw a guy called Luke, 30. Abs, 6 pack, blonde hair.

"Hello Handsome." I swiped right and put my phone down to drive a few feet forward.

After almost an hour in traffic, I made it into work and headed to the office. With nobody there I pulled a sour face and slipped into my own office shutting the rest of them out.

Zak could post it under the damn door.

-----------

{Zak}

A father? Me? What the hell did I know about looking after a child? I couldn't work out how the hell this had happened. I was careful! I was so damn careful!

"Mr Bagans?" A voice spoke pulling me out of my trance.

I blinked to see the receptionist looking at me holding a padded envelope "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Fine. Thank you." I answered taking it before slipping into the elevator. As the door closed I leant against the back of the elevator and looked at my reflection.

The bags under my eyes were evident, I couldn't concentrate to shave.

A baby! How was I suppose to tell my mom? What if I drop it on its head?!

Once the doors opened I stepped out and swiped into the office, pushing it closed I made my way to my office when I paused hearing music.

"Hello?" I spoke waiting for Aaron or Billy to appear. But when they didn't my eyes fell on Robyn's office.

My body went to her, I wanted to see her face.. I needed to talk to her.

Leave her alone.. you have done enough.

Speak to her...

Leave h-

I walked into her office and stopped, not because I saw her but because I heard her properly for the first time. With her back to me, I moved inside and closed the door quietly.

"I can love, with all of my heart baby. I know I have so much to give. With a player like you, I don't have a prayer. That's no way to live, yeah oh, mmm no. It's just a little too late.."

My mind went back to when we laid in the RV and I teased her not to ruin the song when she sang. But now? This?

Turning she screamed making us both jump "What the he-" She stopped the music before continuing.

"What the hell are you doing creeping around?!" She shouted holding her hand over her heart.

"I'm sorry."

Her face faltered before she took a breather. "No harm done, just didn't hear you."

"I didn't mean th-"

"I know what you meant.. Zak just.. Sit down." She pointed to the couch.

Hoping to salvage something I sat instantly looking at her "I need you to listen.. You can have your say straight after. I promise I will listen but please let me get this off my chest."

I nodded waiting.

"I think we need to stop whatever we ar- whatever we were doing."

I opened my mouth to reject when she held up her hand, "You need to concentrate on being a father. I will support you and be there for you Zak. But only as a friend, I can't.. I can't be involved. We knew it would be risky, hell we are both a flight risk being together. The fire alarm 12 years ago was our first warning. I think it's best that we stop before this gets any further."

Yet again I was sat here listening to another woman tell me why we wouldn't work out, only this time the problem was me. And that hurt.

"Sounds like you've already made your mind up." I replied.

She shrugged "It's for the best isn't it?" She asked.

"Why ask me? You've already made the choice." I answered standing up. Seeing hurt fill her face I looked away. "I'll see you in a couple days."

"Zak.." She whispered.

I hated myself a whole lot more hearing how upset she sounded. But I couldn't just walk away from her, not willingly and I guess she knew that deep down which had led her to this move. I left her office and closed the door behind me.

Looking at the padded envelope, I threw it on the ground and left the office as the rejection hit me like a freight train.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

139K 4.6K 62
Zak, lead investigator of Ghost Adventures, has had his fair share of women over time. From models, singers and even an ex playboy bunny. With fast...
158K 5.6K 110
They're back by popular demand! Catch up with Zak & Maria! The paranormal power pair are working together, living together and hanging out together...
58.2K 2.7K 66
This story will be removed on Feb 1st to make way for new work** "Come on then." He pushed annoyed at my silence. "Say it." "I don't know what you m...
35.4K 1.4K 40
Sequel to Forgotten Flame. Find out what has become of Zak & Mina. Where their lives have taken them and what roads they have been set upon. Baring...