When All Q Breaks Loose

KarlieLucas2

Hiro has finally recovered from breaking his ribs while trying to stop a mad bomber. Now that he's back in ac... Еще

Chapter Two: Someone Has to Help
Chapter Three: Trying to Make Contact
Chapter Four: First Contact
Chapter Five: Welcome to Mi Casa!
Chapter Six: Agree or Disagree
Chapter Seven: Not Happy
Chapter Eight: Merely Surprised
Chapter Nine: Something Going On
Chapter Ten: Determined to Find Out
Chapter Eleven: What Were You Thinking?
Chapter Twelve: Suit Yourself
Chapter Thirteen: Don't See the Point
Chapter Fourteen: Don't Like the Sound of That
Chapter Fifteen: Find Hiro
Chapter Sixteen: State of Emergency
Chapter Seventeen: You Don't Look Fine
Chapter Eighteen: No Reason
Chapter Nineteen: Just A Dream
Chapter Twenty: What's Going On?
Chapter Twenty One: Good and Bad News
Chapter Twenty Two: You Must Be Mistaken
Chapter Twenty Three: Except For Hiro
Chapter Twenty Four: Go Looking
Chapter Twenty Five: Daddy
Chapter Twenty Six: Notice A Pattern
Chapter Twenty Seven: Don't Have That Much Time
Chapter Twenty Eight: You Know What This Means
Chapter Twenty Nine: You Awake In There?
Chapter Thirty: Absolutely Fascinating
Chapter Thirty One: I'm Right Here
Chapter Thirty Two: Working On A Strategy
Chapter Thirty Three: What's the Point?
Chapter Thirty Four: You're Going The Wrong Way
Chapter Thirty Five: Don't Give Up
Chapter Thirty Six: We'll Find Him
Chapter Thirty Seven: Hold On Tight
Chapter Thirty Eight: Begun To Suspect
Chapter Thirty Nine: Oh No
Chapter Forty: Unable To Determine A Cause
Chapter Forty One: I'm Sorry
Chapter Forty Two: Give Him the Best Chance
Chapter Forty Three: No Mistake
Chapter Forty Four: You're Wrong
Chapter Forty Five: How Dare You
Chapter Forty Six: Just Drop It
Chapter Forty Seven: Waiting
Chapter Forty Eight: Last Chance
Chapter Forty Nine: Goodbye

Chapter One: Allow me to help

113 2 0
KarlieLucas2

The planet shook, sending rocks and other debris to the solid ground. Jagged chunks of stone sheered away from the ceiling as the seismic activity continued.

"When I asked for something different, this isn't what I had in mind," Captain Jean-Luc Picard commented as he narrowly avoided being crushed by a rolling boulder. Not an overly athletic man, he was in remarkably good shape for his age. Despite that, he was able to dodge the majority of the larger debris falling all around.

Behind him, Lieutenant Commander Data and Lieutenant Worf helped Deanna Troi navigate the ever changing tunnel. They'd come to investigate some ruins the Captain had been interested in. It was supposed to be a nice time away, a bit of relaxation ordered by Dr. Crusher. But it had turned into something much worse when the planet began heaving like it was having a seizure.

Data held a tricorder in one hand, scanning the area as he walked, seemingly unbothered by the shaking ground. "The mineral deposits in the cave walls are still too dense for the transporter to lock onto our signals," he announced. "And I am no longer certain we are headed towards the surface. In fact, I believe we are headed in the opposite direction."

Picard frowned as he took in that information. This was supposed to be a simple vacation, one he'd felt more than confident about. And, against his first officer's advice, he'd decided to go down. He'd rather felt a need for a change in scenery, and the good doctor had agreed. Just not like this. Part of him now wished he'd chosen a different planet for his shore leave time.

The ground gave another shudder, sending Troi to her knees. She scrambled to get back up. Data pushed her to one side as a boulder rolled where her legs were only moments before. Unfortunately, the force of his push sent her into the wall, her left side ramming against the stone with incredible force. Her head followed from the whiplash, cracking against the wall.

"Counselor!" Picard immediately discarded any thought of personal safety and went to help his injured crewmate. He knew the android hadn't meant to use such an intense force to move her out of harm's way so he didn't reprimand him. If he hadn't taken the initiative, Deanna would have been crushed instead of battered.

A smattering of small boulders had congregated around the woman and both Data and Worf went to work removing them. Luckily, none of the stones had touched the ship's counselor, though her skin pallor had lightened considerably as she clutched at her left arm. She gasped as the captain pulled her free from the debris. It was hard to tell what damage had been done, but she felt sure something had broken in her arm.

Data pulled out his tricorder once more, making a few adjustments while Picard and Worf helped their injured comrade to a less congested part of the tunnel. Modifications complete, he scanned the injured woman. "While inconclusive, scans indicate you may be suffering from a mild concussion," he announced. "Also, it would appear that you have broken your humerus."

Picard frowned. "A broken arm," he sighed. But at least it wasn't as bad as it could be. He cradled the woman's arm as he assisted her over to a fallen chunk of rock. At least this area seemed less inclined to drop on them than the section they'd just vacated.

"Isn't that what I just said?" Data asked, somewhat confused as he put his device away.

"We should keep moving," Worf commented as more debris showered down on the party. "If we can find a more stable location, we can tend to her wounds then. Our highest priority should be reaching safety."

When Picard glanced questioningly at the ship's counselor, she nodded. "I'll be fine once we're clear of this."

Picard nodded, and then helped her to her feet, careful not to jostle her arm. "Lean against me if you feel the need," he instructed. "We'll get you out of here." He felt more concerned with the idea of her having a concussion than he was for the broken arm. Arms could be mended, but concussions sent their own patterns of chaos into things.

They traveled for another ten minutes before the shaking stopped. Finding an open cavern of sorts, Picard decided it was time to rest and sort things out.

With a gasp of pain, Deanna settled on a boulder of about the right size for sitting on. "I think you might be right about the break," she said through clenched teeth. She didn't feel it necessary to comment about the spots in her vision.

Worf made to secure the area, though it was unlikely anyone else was in the caverns. As chief security officer, he had an obligation. Worse things had happened to those who didn't keep up their defenses.

"If you will permit me, I believe I can reset the bone," Data offered as he examined Deanna's injury. "However, it will hurt should I do so."

Deanna let out something that might have been a laugh as she braced herself. "I'm not worried about the pain." Her vision, however, was another matter.

At a nod from the captain, Data prepared to push the bone back into place. Meanwhile, Picard moved to hold Deanna so she wouldn't inflict any further injuries while they treated the most immediate one. "Do it," he ordered as he took Deanna's hand in his.

The android placed his hands around the break. Then, making sure the injury wasn't any worse than perceived; he pushed the bone pieces back into place. There was an audible snap. Deanna bit back a scream as the pain flared up. Her grip on Picard's hand tightened until it subsided to a more manageable level.

"I would highly recommend finding a way to immobilize the break until we can obtain further medical help," Data said as he stood from his position, looking around for something to use as either a splint or a sling.

The party had not anticipated heaving any trouble and therefore had not brought any supplies that would be of current use. That and most of the supplied they had brought were buried in the rubble who knew how many kilometers down the now filled tunnels behind them.

Picard shrugged out of his jacket. "In place of anything else, you can tear this up and use it," he offered, handing the Federation issue clothing to the android.

Data was about to rip the fabric when the light in the cave seemed to brighten. Worf immediately returned to the main group, phaser at the ready. "Captain, I am detecting an increase in energy levels," he announced, tricorder in his other hand.

At that moment, another flash of light filled the air, only to be replaced by another man. He wore a Federation uniform similar to the captain's, except with the tell-tale braids and insignia of an admiral. He had a rather odd look on his face, not quit mischievous, but definitely displeased.

"Q!" Picard went to his feet in outrage; sure the strange alien had had something to do with their current predicament. "What are you doing here?"

The man frowned. "I might ask you the same thing, mon capitaine. This isn't exactly the best place to take a vacation. You shouldn't be here."

"Shouldn't be here!? Picard spluttered. "You shouldn't be here! We're on a simple exploration mission if you don't mind. Your interference is decidedly not welcome"

Q raised an eyebrow at that as he walked closer to the captain. "Oh, you are, are you? And I'm quite sure my 'interference' will be quite welcome, whatever you might think of it. Looks more like you could use some rescuing." He glanced pointedly at Deanna Troi. "You are rather hemmed in, what with the planet's unstable core and all that."

The ship's counselor grimaced as she tried to shift positions. "We're fine, thank you," she retorted, trying to force her eyes to see straight. "The Enterprise will beam us up at any minute."

Q's expression turned to full out disapproval. "Somehow I doubt that. Do you even have any idea where you are right now? You're right in the middle of a space anomaly. The Enterprise can no more beam you out than a snarglefish can fly. Admit it, you're stuck."

Picard scowled at that. "What anomaly? We detected nothing out of place before beaming down."

The alien tisked as he sat on a nearby boulder. "But, my dear captain, of course your scanners wouldn't pick it up! Don't you see? This place doesn't really exist!"

Data looked up at that. "My scans indicate otherwise," he countered. "If their readings are correct, we are still on Davish Seven, where we should be."

Q moved to stand near the android. "Are you sure about that? I'd check again if I were you."

The android looked back at the tricorder he had pulled out, scanning the area. His expression changed, his eyebrows furrowing with puzzlement. "What Q has said is correct, Captain," he announced. "We no longer appear to be in the same space as before. I am not sure how this is possible. If we are indeed unable to contact the ship, we should also be unable to determine our current position."

Q dusted himself off as he stood from his perch. "Semantics. But do you see your precarious position now? This place doesn't really exist in this galaxy! That means your ship won't be able to reach you, regardless of sensor strength or natural materials. Which leaves you with one of two choices, Captain. Stay where you are, hoping they will eventually be able to find you, knowing that won't happen. Or allow me to help you."

"And what kind of help do you offer?" Picard asked, more than a little wary. Their previous encounters with Q had not all ended well. In fact, most of them hadn't, even when the man had been more... accommodating.

The alien looked a bit hurt at that, knowing what the captain was referring to. "That hurts, Mon Capitaine" he said, pressing his hands against his chest. "But if you allow it, I can guarantee you a way out of this situation. I can take you somewhere safe. Otherwise, you'll likely get crushed when this planet decides to self-combust in oh...." He pretended to look at the sun as if to determine time, "a matter of hours."

"I say no," Worf interjected. "Previous experiences dictate that we cannot trust him."

The captain looked from one officer to the other, weighing out the options. If they stayed, there was no guarantee, as Q said, that the ship would be able to reach them, even if they were still in the same space. The mineral deposits were too dense. And it would take forever for the rest of his crew to find them. He couldn't ignore the warning they'd just gotten about impending death. But if he allowed Q to "rescue" them, he had no way of knowing where they would end up. However, if they stayed where they were, Troi wouldn't get the necessary medical treatment she needed, and they'd likely die. If Q was telling the truth.

Picard let out a sigh. There really wasn't much of a choice and he knew it. Sure Q was a pain, but he didn't usually like about life or death situations. "We accept your offer."

Q clapped his hands together. "Excellent. You won't regret it." With that, another brilliant flash of light filled the cave, blinding everyone.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

153K 7.2K 32
"I-I don't know who I am anymore." Hiro shakes his head and takes your hand. Despite it being covered in blood, he pulls it to his chest and rests i...
Big Hero 7 OneArtsyGamer03

Любовные романы

27.5K 1.1K 15
OneArtsyGamer03 here, lovelies... Republishing of Big Hero 7! You've been best friends with Hiro Hamada since you were both in elementary school. Wh...
2.5K 30 11
It's a new year and Hiro and Karmi are adapting to the long-distance relationship life. Of course that comes with several challenges and complication...
3.2K 92 17
❝Someone has to help.❞ ❝We didn't set out to be superheroes, but sometimes life doesn't go the way you planned.❞ - - - - - Robotics prodigies...