Spaces in between (Stockholm...

XPerfectDistraction

SPOILER ALERT!! It's crucial that you read Stockholm Syndrome before you read the extended book. It contains... Еще

Author's Note
January 2017
February 2017
May 2017
June 2017
June 2017
January 2018
March 2018
August 2018
February 2019
February 2019(2)
June 2019
June 2019 (2)
July 2019
July 2019 (2)
November 2019
November 2019 (2)
November 2019 (3)
December 2019
December 2019 (2)
January 2020
January 2020 (2)
February 2020
April 2020
May 2020
June 2020
June 2020 (2)
June 2020(3)
June 2020(4)
June 2020(5)
June 2020 (6)
July 2020
July 2020(2)
July 2020 (2) Continuation...
July 2020(3)
July 2020 (4)
August 2020
September 2020
October 2020
October 2020 (2)
January 2021
Anniversary special 1
Anniversary special 2
Anniversary special 3
Anniversary special 4
Anniversary special 5
Anniversary special 6
April 2021
August 2021
November 2021
March 2022
September 2022
March 2023
March 2023 (2)
March 2023 (3)
March 2023 (4)
April 2025
April 2025 (2)
April 2025 - Day 1

October 2020 (3)

1.8K 113 15
XPerfectDistraction

~Archer~

"Good morning handsome", I said to my handsome husband who was sprawled on the bed, eyes closed. It was a little after 8 in the morning.

"Go away!"

"Cuddlybear?" I said.

"Are you dying?"

"If you don't get up you'll be the one dying", I warned.

Felix moved his body on the bed and turned to face me. He lay on his side and his eyes opened. He kept them narrowed lazily.

"What is more important than my sleep?" he asked.

"We are going house viewing!" I shrieked. "Reckon third time's the charm?"

"I reckon I need more sleep".

I hmphed and grabbed a pillow. It landed on Felix's face hard. Given that it was a soft pillow, it didn't do much damage, but it got his attention.

"What's that for?" he asked pointing his arm in no particular direction. I wasn't sure if he was trying to stop a further pillow attack or was just stretching his arm.

I shrugged. "Helping get rid of your hangover".

He groaned. "Can't we postpone?"

"No! We are going and that's it", I said.

Felix turned to lie face up on the bed and pulled up his knees under the sheets. His hands went underneath his head. I took the opportunity to climb onto him, straddling him. Immediately, his lips curled into a smug smile. Of course he thought I was going to pleasure him. I was heading towards a totally different route.

I leaned over and buried myself in his neck, kissing and licking. I could feel he was getting turned on by the way his body was moving in tune with my lips. My fingers travelled slowly towards the side of his abdomen, just a little above his hip bone. I stroked slightly, barely touching him. It was akin to a feather been drawn across that part, and it did exactly what I wanted. Felix tensed and squirmed and tried not to laugh.

A giggle escaped and he tried to move my hand away from him.

"Stop tickling me!" he said amidst laughter.

"You'll get out of bed?"

"Yes! Just...stop!"

I stopped my movements, and couldn't help but laugh too.

"You are evil", Felix said.

I shrugged and got off him. He got out of bed too.

"Wanna shower with me?" he asked.

I shook my head slowly, emphasizing my answer. I knew showering with Felix would end with us in bed. He'd say one more round and I'd oblige. I'd want to cuddle afterwards and he'd be all too happy to lie there with me. At some point I'd want to have sex again and I'd yet to see the day Felix said no to me.

"Go on. I'll make breakfast and call Tony to make sure we have the right time", I said.

Felix pouted, but I wasn't falling for it. I waved him bye and walked to the kitchen.

About two hours later we made the drive to the Brentwood neighborhood on the Westside of Los Angeles. It was an affluent neighborhood.

It was where the third house we were seeing since we decided to buy a house was located. I was already taken with the neighborhood; it was clean, safe and peaceful.

"I think this is it", I said to Felix as I stopped before a stunning contemporary two-storey house that looked like it came out of Florida.

"It looks more beautiful seeing it in person", he commented.

"I agree", I said as we got out of the car.

We didn't spend time outside the car for long before a tall, lean man with blond hair joined us. Tony was our agent. He was going to be showing us the house that day.

"Hey guys, how are you feeling?" he courteously asked.

"Excited!" I said. "I already love the outside".

"Let's hope you'll love the inside as well", he said. "And...this one is well below the budget. I just feel it has everything you want".

"I was dragged here, so it better", Felix said. He was smiling, so that was a relief.

We walked along a walkway surrounded by an immaculate lawn to the door. Upon entry, we were greeted by the foyer, which led to the great room. Tony happily said all he could about the room, which caught my attention with how elegant it was. The house was open-floor, with a beautiful kitchen and dining room. The great room was enormous and revealed sliding doors that opened to a beautiful covered lanai. In front of the lanai was a large pool and spa, with both brick and wooden pool decks.

Tony took us through the master bedroom, master bathroom, study room, 3-car garage and the 3 guest rooms along with a second family room upstairs. The house was absolutely stunning. It had a contemporary façade and a spacious layout with high ceilings. The outside was just as beautiful. It boasted a large pool and covered and uncovered spaces for family relaxation. A few palm trees surrounded the property, providing lots of shade. It had that homely feel about it without sacrificing elegance.

"So what do you think?" Tony asked after showing us the pool.

"I like it", I said excitedly. "I think I'm in love".

The house just...spoke to my soul. I loved every inch of it. I could see Felix and I growing old there. There wasn't anything magical about it. It just felt like home. It was also practical living in Brentwood. It wasn't far from where I worked in downtown Los Angeles. It also boasted 7 private schools and 2 public schools along with a recreation center.

"I love it too", Felix said. "This one is just so welcoming, unlike the other one we saw".

I chuckled. "I thought that was your style. Your house is Springs isn't exactly friendly".

He rolled his eyes.

"So...um...do you want to see more houses? Is this it?" Tony asked.

I looked at Felix. "I think this is it".

He nodded with a smile.

My heart soared. This was it! We were finally buying our own house. Despite my reservations in the beginning, I was excited about the idea of getting our own place. And now, we were a few signed documents from that.

"How much would you like to offer?" Tony asked.

*

"I hope they accept", I said taking a sip of my vanilla frappucino.

We were at a Starbucks just a few blocks away from our apartment. Felix needed something to wake him up. What's better than coffee? It came secondary to sex of course. Why we weren't in bed having sex had to do with a certain man.

We were waiting for Marx. He was in LA on work and decided to get my husband drunk the previous night. He was joining us for brunch.

"They will", Felix said confidently.

"I know I shouldn't get too excited, but I can't help it".

"If they..." Felix was saying but was cut off by my phone ringing.

"Hi Mrs. Wilson", I said smiling when I answered the call.

"...to-be", Stella corrected. "How are you?"

"I'm happy", I replied.

"I'm doing great, thanks for asking", she said.

"Um...sorry, I'm just kind of excited and stuff. What's up?"

"Just signed the final documents today. Authentically different is really happening!" she shrieked. I was sure my eardrum was seconds from bursting.

Authentically different was Stella's brain child. Having majored in business and having flair for a different kind of fashion style, Stella had decided to open her own clothing store that catered to people like her. After discussing with a few up and coming clothing designers, they had come up with ranges that were truly Stella. With her dad investing in the idea, it looked like the ball was finally rolling.

"That's great!" I said.

"And guess what? The first store is going to be in LA. I didn't want to tell you this in case it didn't happen, but we have space and everything".

"Stella, that's great news! So...are you moving here?"

"Yes! I'll be managing the store and Clark will do marketing, which is perfect since it's what he studied," she said.

For the second time that day, my heart was soaring. The prospect of seeing Stella and Clark often made me happy. I'd spent close to 4 months without seeing either of them. It was something that was rare since we'd become friends.

"Let's move to Springs", Felix mouthed, in response to the question I'd asked Stella. He clearly had been listening and knew what was going on.

"Closer to my mother", I mouthed. "Family business I see. When are you guys coming? I can't wait to see you," I said to Stella.

"We haven't discussed that yet, but soon", she replied.

"It's going to be amazing seeing you guys. And guess what? Felix and I viewed a third house today. Totally loved it!" I said.

"Are you buying it? It better be big enough for get-togethers", she said.

"Put in an offer. Just waiting", I said, hoping I wasn't jinxing things. I shouldn't have been talking about a house that wasn't officially ours, but with the news of Stella and Clark potentially moving to LA, I was excited.

"How is your crazy husband? Does the house have a lair for him to rejuvenate in his coffin?"

I laughed. "He's okay. Has a hangover. We are Starbucksing"

"I'll leave you guys to it. I have a plane to catch. If I spend another second in Colorado I'll die", she said.

"Missing your fiancé?"

"Absolutely! Bye. Tell Felix I miss him", she said.

"I will. Bye", I replied and hung up.

"Texas", Felix said the second my phone left my ear. "We can move to Texas."

I chuckled. "If you spend just a week away from the gallery you look like death itself has consumed you", I dismissed his comment. "Stella says she misses you".

He narrowed his eyes. "She misses...me?"

"Yep", I said popping the 'p' and resumed drinking.

"Well that's weird", he said.

I stopped drinking. "There's nothing weird here. The two of you are alike in a way. She has trouble expressing her feelings and well you...don't have any. She likes you...even more than me, I dare say. She teases everyone she likes. 'Missing you' translates to: missing annoying you."

"That I do believe. I don't believe she likes me more than you though", he said.

"Yeah," I said dragging the words. "She doesn't. I added that for effect. I'm more likeable", I said confidently.

"Hmph, I do have feelings, just so you know", he said.

"You don't have a lot. I..." I said and stopped after noticing that Felix was looking behind me.

I looked behind me too. Marx was walking towards us. He was close enough to hear Felix say "Oh God".

"I just got out of work, okay?" Marx said when he got to us.

He was wearing his DEA jacket, which was what Felix was groaning about. Sure Marx's police uniform stood out, but I didn't get why Felix had a problem with it so much. It wasn't the first time he'd chastised Marx for wearing it while he wasn't on duty.

"Hey", I said smiling.

"At least someone's happy to see me. Hi Archer", Marx said.

"I'm not really happy. You got Felix drunk last night", I said sternly.

"Oh boy", Marx said taking a seat. "I didn't get him drunk. He said he could drink more than me and not get drunk and I told him there was no way I was going to believe him without proof. I didn't tell him to drink. A few hours later and the bar was out of vodka. I don't know how he's still alive".

I turned to Felix. "If you end up in hospital because of your stupid bets I will personally kill you", I warned.

He grinned sheepishly.

"So guess what you guys?" Marx interrupted our stare-down.

"You finally have guts to go bungee jumping with me?" Felix said.

"I'm not throwing myself off a bridge attached to just a rope", he said. "Because I am absolutely amazing at my job –major successful raids and all- I was offered a promotion. Guess who has joined the DEA office of strategic intelligence?"

"Uh...what exactly were you doing before?" Felix asked skeptically.

"I was a special agent. Now, I'll be sitting with the big guns. No wait. I'll be one of the big guns", Marx replied.

"So you are moving to the Pentagon?"

"No. I'm moving here. That's the whole reason I'm here, I lied about the raid. I'm wearing the jacket just to annoy you. Anyway, I'm an intelligence research specialist. I'll be working with the Los Angeles division for the time being and wherever I get reassigned to as time goes on. And the DEA headquarters is not in the Pentagon, it's across the Pentagon".

"Thank you for that useless piece of information", Felix said. 'So basically you'll be here?"

"Yep", Marx replied.

"That's terrible news", Felix said.

"I know, right?" Marx said nodding and patting Felix on the back. "You'll get used to my presence".

"I was happy with you in San Francisco", Felix groaned. Knowing my husband, deep inside he was happy Marx was moving to LA. I know I was. It looked like our weird group would be together, with Alex missing of course.

"Congratulations! And welcome to LA", I said.

"Thanks", Marx said. "Sarah is not so happy about moving".

"Neither am I", Felix said.

"Your feelings don't matter", Marx said.

I chuckled.

"Can we go out to eat now? I'm hungry", I said.

"You are always hungry. If I didn't know better I'd say there's a little Felix lookalike in there", Marx remarked.

"Could be, if the creator wasn't such a bitch", I said and stood up. "Hope you like seafood because we are going to a little seafood restaurant just around the corner. Has the best calamari in town".

"Squid", Felix jumped in, probably knowing the idea of eating squid was not going to sit well with Marx.

"I'm not eating that", Marx said.

I chuckled. "They have a wide range of fish dishes too".

The two finally stood up and we headed to the restaurant.

=====

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

BULLIED ✓ Rose

Подростковая литература

1.8M 51.4K 32
A NOVEL ON STOCKHOLM SYNDROME BOOK 1 OF A THREE BOOK SERIES *TRIGGER WARNING* This book contains scenes that some readers may find disturbing... and...
His Omega Jonesy

Подростковая литература

296K 10.8K 17
Book 1 in the Alpha Omega and Beta Chronicles Falling In Love too Fast but how can I stop when he is my Alpha. ** Disclaimer: I've stopped reading co...
1.9K 143 16
Stuff happens. People cry. People cheer. I don't feel the need to write an actual description, because you've probably read the first three. Also, th...
65.3K 1.2K 45
Thanks for everything, guys! I've lost motivation for updating this book and I've become very distant from the fandom. Thank you for reading and spam...