Speak | Joshifer

By rossness

Seems simple. He confesses his feelings, and she realizes that she's loved him all along. But somehow, troubl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59.
Epilogue

Chapter 45

12.4K 266 116
By rossness

"Jen! Josh! You guys looks great!"

"Hey over here, smile real quick!"

"Slow down, we wanna get some pictures!"

"How about a smile before you two run off?"

So many things being hollered as Josh and I run to the south entrance. I have a smile plastered on my face the whole way. We pass by Liam and he begins to run behind us with his arms spread out like a plane and follows us to the building.

Everyone's calling out to us, but all I can hear is Josh's laughter. My heart feels light, but I can feel it beating fast. I don't want to forget this feeling.

We slow down as we approach the door, and two more large men open the doors for us. We give one last wave to everybody before stepping inside. I don't let go of Josh's hand just yet.

There's people everywhere. I don't even recognize some of them. I look around and soon I am engulfed into the crowd. Josh almost moves away, but I pull him back to help guide me through the crowd.

"I'm going to literally get lost in here," I say now facing him and looking around.

"I don't even know who half of these people are," Josh says looking at all the different faces.

"Okay, just don't leave me by myself," I say as I watch a random lady fight with one of the employees.

Josh grows silent and I look up at him, but he's already looking at me.

"What?" I half smile.

"Nothing, it's just," he stops and sighs. His eyes are glimmering and my heart is pounding.

"Tell me," I say stepping closer.

"It's just," he begins.
"Your hands are really sweaty," he smirks.

"Why didn't I see that coming," I say pulling my hand away.

I wipe my hand on his sleeve and he jumps back.

"That's not funny. We are not sharing popcorn anymore," he pouts.

"Oh, so we were going to share popcorn?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"We could've. If Nick doesn't sit between us," he says smirking and looking away into the mass of people. He takes my hand again and we continue walking side by side.

I feel my face begin to redden from Josh's mention of Nicholas. I realize that I had gotten lost in the moment and Josh and I aren't together. Nicholas is still here, and he probably hadn't see Josh and I from inside. I feel a bit of regret, but it soon subsides as Josh starts to lead me through the sea of people.

I study some of the faces, trying to pinpoint exactly who they are. I look to my left and catch sight of Nicholas talking to a producer.

I stop, which yanks Josh back next to me.

"I'm going to talk to Nick. Catch up later?" I say closely to his hear trying to be heard over the buzz of talking.

"I thought you wanted me to stay with you?" he ask slightly confused.
My heart sinks. I don't know if he's talking about staying for the movie, or staying with him instead of Nicholas. As a couple.

He starts off again, tugging me along.

I knew this would happen. I should've ended things with Nicholas before I decided to announce things to the world. Even though no one believes us.

I look to Josh who has obviously caught sight of Nicholas. He intentionally leads me the other direction, away from him. His brown eyes dart back every now and then to make sure he's not pulling my arm to much. He's frantic. Hurried.

"Josh, can I just talk to him?" I say coming to a halt, but jolt forward from Josh being unaware of me and still tugging.

I almost come leaping forward, but Josh steps in front of me to stop me from hitting the ground.

"Sorry," he says frowning. He knows forcing me to come with him won't stop me from seeing Nicholas, but he still tries.

"I'll just see you afterwards," I nod to him, but I don't have the heart to leave him.

His face says it all. His half creased brows with soft eyes. His jaw clenched, defining his already sculpted jawline.

I finally let go of his hand and slip away.

"Jen," Josh hollers back.

"Josh, I have to go. Please don't try and stop me, not now," I says turning from him again.

"I was just going to give back your shoes," he says firmly.

"Oh I thought you were going to try and stop me from leaving," I say taking small steps toward him.

"But that's just the thing, I can never stop you from leaving," he replies coldly.

"Don't start," I reply. I glare at him. I hate how he plays victim. He takes advantage of a situation I have no control over.

"Just give me my shoes back," I say folding my arms.

"Yeah, I'll give them back. Just like I'm giving you back to Nick," he responds coldly, dropping the shoes to the floor in front of me.

His sudden gesture shocks me. Did he really just do that?

"Josh!" I yell, but he had already turned and walked quickly in the other direction.

There's absolutely no excuse for him to act this way, especially not tonight. I'm tired of this hot and cold game with him. He knows I feel about him, but he either pushes me away or distances himself. I'm tired of fighting my way to reach him only to be shot down.

I pick my shoes up off the floor and try to find the nearest table. I find one
lined up against the wall, so I trudge toward it, kicking my dress out in front of me. I pull out a chair and plop down with a huff. I pull my dress up and place my shoes on my feet.

I stare at the massive crowd that walks in front of me. I don't want to be here anymore. A sudden burst of exhaustion hits me. I want to go back to hotel, I don't want to see any of these people. As my eyes wander in the sea of people, Nicholas catches my eyes again. He's talking to a man who looks about middle-aged, probably another producer. He's smiling and laughing. I can already see that smile fading because of me. I hate to see his heart break.

Josh creeps back into my mind. I don't know why everything has to be difficult between us. We can go from being to good, to not talking to each other in less than five minutes. He makes everything so exhausting and puts all this pressure on me to be with him. He expects me to leave Nicholas without one pinch of regret. He wouldn't be able to do it if he was in my place. He's so unaware of how hard I'm trying for him. The only thing that keeps me motivated is him. It's the way he smiles and talks, and makes jokes that no one else could ever find funny. But then he's so selfish and rude, and brushes my feelings off his shoulder like they mean nothing to him. But I always overlook those small flaws of his because I love him, and I know he loves me too.

A speaker's voice begins to boom throughout the large lobby of the theater.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the first screening of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, will be commencing in ten minutes. Please file to your reserved seats," says the man. The speaker system shuts off and everyone shuffles to the theater entrance.

A few minutes later, I walk behind the crowd and into the theater. When I enter, bodies have already filled the seats. I walk down the middle isle and see tables that must be reserved for the cast. I see Woody, Elizabeth, Willow, Sam, Jenna, Liam, and Josh; each of them sitting either with each other or at different tables. There are no open seats except for one. Next to Josh.

Swallowing my pride, I slowly walk to the table. Liam is sitting on the other side and relief washes over me. I make it to the round table, and on the plate in front of the empty chair is a card that reads "Jennifer Lawrence: Katniss Everdeen"

"Hi," I greet my table.

Josh looks up to me, but his expressionless face stays plastered. Liam stands up to pull my seat out, and I smile and nod to him.

I take my seat and so does Liam. He leans over towards me to speak into my ear.

"What's up with grumpy over there?" he asks nodding to Josh.

"Don't worry about it," I whisper to him.

A few minutes later, the lights begin dim and flash, indicating that the movie will be starting soon.

"Jen," Josh says with his head hanging. His eyes finally meet mine, and his eyes are glimmering.

I don't give him any response. There's nothing else to do, but forget it.

"Are you going to say anything?" he whisper leaning to me again. He doesn't even have to lean, the chairs are already as close as can be.

"There's nothing to say, what's done is done," I shake my head at him.

"Well can we just talk?" he says again.

"I'm just tired of bickering. Can we just watch?" I say staring to his eyes again.

His eyes move to my lips.
"Sure," he nods. His eyes move back to mine. Josh moves away and I realize that I had been frozen in my seat.

A few waiters and waitresses come and bring out a meal for us. It's a plate of chicken breast and salad on the side.

We silently eat our food as the movie begins.

It's kind of strange watching myself on the screen. I just want to laugh at myself. Katniss is never smiling, and it's just weird to see me that way.

Josh leans over to me when Peeta enters Haymitch's house in the first scene.

"This is what everybody has been waiting for," he whispers in my ear and a small smile dances on my lips, but I hide it away.

Then Peeta enters the room on screen I hear a whistle come from the chairs behind us.

"Told you," he whispers again with a smirk.

I know what he's doing. He cracks jokes and wise remarks instead of apologizing. He knows that I don't want countless apologies. So instead he tries to make me laugh. Smile. And when I give in, he knows he's forgiven.

As the movie goes on, I take small glances to Josh. He's so intrigued with the storyline, it's amazing. He puts all his passion in his work and receives no credit for it. He deserves the world. His eyes, mesmerizing as he watches the screen. A small smile plays on his lips as he watches. Not one word out of his mouth and he already has me out of breath.

I sigh back in my chair. I play mind games in my own head, worrying too much about the whole debacle involving Nicholas and Josh. If I want to be with someone, then it should be my choice without any question. I don't know why I'm fighting so hard when I can change everything within a matter of seconds.

"You alright?" Liam speaks, snapping me out of my trance.

"Yeah, why?" I whisper to him.

"You've been staring at Josh for the past three minutes," he smirks.
I feel my face begin warm.

"I was just spacing out," I shrug, but he smiles bigger.
"God, just leave me alone, you bully," I huff with a smile, and Liam quietly laughs and turns his attention back towards the screen.

I catch another glimpse of Josh, but he's already looking at me.
I give him a small smile, and gives me one in return. He looks back to the screen, and I do as well.

•••

The movie is nearly over. All that's left is the night before the games end. The beach scene is in play where Josh and I share the kiss that everyone has been in anticipation for.

"Are you still mad at me?" Josh whispers in my ear.

"No," I reply simply.

He nods and turns his attention bak towards the screen.

The beach scene ends, and Josh leans toward me again, this time his breath hitting my neck, causing me to shiver.

"Ehh, we've had better kisses," Josh whispers as the scene finishes.

I smile at him.
"On screen or off screen?" I tease.

"Oh, most definitely off screen," he whispers with a small smile.

He turns his attention back toward the screen. I can't help but smile at how much of a fan he is of his own movie.

I take his hand off the table and place it in mine.

My heart sinks and I feel as if a tension has been lifted off of me.
He holds my hand in his lap for the rest of the film.

•••

"Wow! What a movie! You two were amazing!" says another interviewer.

Now it's time for post-movie interviews with reporters inside the building. This is for the real journalists and reporters who ask more lengthy questions.

"Glad you enjoyed it," Josh nods.

"So tell me what was going through your mind when you first started filming. Were you as excited when you were filming the first movie, or did you feel like you sort of knew what you were doing?" asks our tall reporter.

I took my shoes off once more, and handed them to Josh, who took them this time without pouting.

"Oh I was so excited to start filming. I've never been so involved and so close with a cast from any other movie before, so I'm always excited around them," I smile.

"That's very sweet! We've heard so much about you two, how is this friendship of yours?" she asks with intent.

As soon as she finishes the question, Nicholas appears behind the camera men in front of the mass of people. I can't find my words to begin.

"It never stops between us. Um, I don't, we're just best friends and just extremely close to each other," Josh answers.

My eyes connect with Nicholas. Looking at him, I know it wouldn't be right to just announce what's been happening with me and Josh.

"Oh come on, we've all heard that! Give us something new about you two!" out reporter insists.

"Well," I begin. "Josh is really important to me and we text each other like every day," I say smiling to him. "He's really the only person who keeps me sane most of the time. He's just- he deserves every good thing in this world, like I can't express how much he deserves," I finish and Josh begins laughing.

"No, she's the amazing one," he laughs and I raise an eyebrow at him. "She deserves everything she's accomplished and I think if somebody else were to play Katniss, I wouldn't be anywhere near as close to them as I am to Jennifer," he finishes with a nod.

"That's so sweet!" Our reporter says as Josh places a kiss on my head.

"Did you have to get on your toes to do that?" I tease him.

"Alright, here we go with the short jokes," Josh shakes his head.

"I'm just kidding. Oh my god, relax," I say with a huff.

"I'm so done. I'm so happy we don't have to do interviews with each other soon," Josh says exaggerating his frustration.

"Yeah I can't believe I'm even still here. Where's my Oscar?" I say and Josh throws his back in laughter.

I smile at him. His happiness is so radiant and you can't help but catch it.

"Yeah, I love her," Josh smiles to the reporter.

"Ditto," I smile.

"Did you just say ditto? I've never heard you say that," Josh says.

"What? I'm pretty sure I've said that once before," I smile at him.

No amount of words could describe how happy he makes me. Teasing an making jokes is what we do best.

"Alright you two! Thank you for stopping with us, we loved the movie!" she says beaming.

"Thank you," I smile.
She turns back towards her camera and Josh and I walk off away from the lights.

"Was that the last one?" Josh ask holding his hand up and I high five it. He entwines our fingers and keeps it in place.

"I think so. I'm so exhausted," I say half-yawning.

"We should be going back to the hotel soon. Do you want your shoes?" he asks lifting them up and waving them in my face.

"I can take them for her," Nicholas says from left.

"There you are!" I say letting go of Josh's hand and walking to Nicholas.

"Did you like the movie?" I ask hanging on to his jacket.

"Yeah, it was great. But we gotta talk," he says with a small frown.

"Oh," I say quietly. "Let me get my shoes," I move away from him and back to Josh.

"Thanks for holding my shoes," I say taking them from Josh again.

"You're not going to leave him yet, are you," he says blankly.

"I'm sorry. I can't do it now, not here," I say not knowing what else to say.

"I know," he speaks, slightly nodding.

"I'm going to talk to him, I promise," I say trying to reassure him.

"Yeah, but talking isn't really getting us anywhere," Josh says shrugging and shaking his head.

"Jen," Nicholas calls from behind me.

I close my eyes and let out a huff of air.
"Coming," I say looking back to Josh.

"I love you," I say nodding, waiting for his response.

He doesn't respond. All he does is give me closed-mouthed smile.

"That's it? You're not going to say anything?" I plead.

"I think if I say anything else, I might lose it," he says with a smile that turning the brink of a frown.

"So for now I'll just smile and pretend to be happy for you," he says quietly.

He raises a hand and waves to Nick and leaves on his heels, getting lost in the crowd of people.

•Oh my god, finals were crazy. I hope you guys like the update, I'll probably update again tomorrow. Thank you or so many reads! Don't forget to vote, and please leave more comments! Seriously, they make my day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 893 22
Olivia Rodrigo moves to Salt Lake City to film a brand new TV series, that she doesn't know how will end up. She meets her co-star, Joshua Bassett an...
77.1K 1.1K 41
Y/N lived in New York City with her best friend Christina Marie (also known as beautychickee). They both attended FIT university. However, to get the...
56.4K 1K 26
Ian and Anthony of Smosh decide to give the Smosh Squad a break and invite them to a cabin for a vacation. What they didn't know was that the cabin w...
180K 5.5K 45
Kara was strong. Mon-El knew that. { #777 in fan fiction } {COMPLETED} [full summary inside] [after supergirl 2.14] [featured on the Wattpad Superh...