Bones: Emma Brennan (On Hold)

By magicbella13

Bones FanFiction More

Episode one: Pilot
Episode two: The man in the SUV
Episode three: The boy in the tree
Episode four: The man in the bear
Episode five: A Boy in a Bush
Episode six: The man in the wall
Episode seven: A Man on Death Row
Episode eight: The Girl in the Fridge
Episode nine: The Man in the Fallout Shelter
Episode ten: The Woman at the Airport
Episode eleven: The Woman in the Car
Episode Twelve: The superhero in the alley
Episode thirteen: the woman in the garden
Episode fourteen: the man on the fairway
Episode fifteen: Two Bodies in the Lab
Episode sixteen: The Woman in the Tunnel
Episode seventeen: The Skull in the Desert
Episode eighteen: The man with the bone
A/N

Episode Nineteen: The Man in the Morgue Part one

1.1K 11 0
By magicbella13

Mike Doyle, an orderly, is wheeling a body from one room to another. Dr. Graham Legiere, the medical examiner, joins him as he walks past. They continue their conversation as they walk.
'' You look tired, Mike.'' Graham said as he pats him on the back. '' Late night'' ? He asked
'' Oh yeah.'' Mike replied. '' Late and nasty.''
'' Some kinky creature''? Graham asked
'' Doc, the girl, Carrie's, a serious perv swerve.'' Mike said as he pushes the body into an autopsy room.
He stops in front of Mom who is writing up her notes in a chart on another body. She smiles as she listens to the conversation.
'' Feeling wrong feels so good.'' Graham said
'' It's--'' Mike began to say but he stops when he notices that Mom is listening. '' Hey, sorry, Dr. Brennan.''
'' No, it's fine.'' Mom said. '' Males often bond by exaggerating sexual conquests.''
'' Oh, Mike's not exaggerating.'' Graham said and then he says. '' This girl is seriously turned on by coffins.'' Graham said. '' Mike will take her into the cooler--''
'' Doc!'' Mike said
Zack's voice is heard coming from a computer sitting on a portable table behind Mike. '' Some libidos are inflamed by a proximity to death.'' Zack's voice said over the computer.
'' Who's that''? Mike asked
'' My assistant, Zack, back in D.C.'' Mom said as she turns the rolling table around so the monitor screen with Zack is facing Mike
'' Actually, Dr. Brennan you have two assistants.'' Zack reminded her. '' And congratulations on your coffin sex.''
Graham tried not to laugh as he says. '' Mm-hmm.''
Mike exits in a hurry and Mom goes to the new body and puts on her gloves to get back to work.
'' You have two assistants''? Graham asked Mom
'' Yeah, I have two assistants.'' Mom replied
'' Who's the other one''? Graham questioned. '' If you don't mind me asking''
'' My daughter, Emma.'' Mom answered. '' And no, I don't mind you asking.''
'' You have a daughter.'' Graham said in a surprised tone
'' Yeah I have a daughter, she's eighteen coming up nineteen in a few weeks and she's also going to be a mother.'' Mom told Graham and then she changes the subject. '' Let's get to work''
'' Some of the information you sent for analysis seems to have come from remains that have already been embalmed.'' Zack said over the computer.
Mom begins to examining the body. '' Bodies were unearthed by the flooding.''

                                                                                       ******

Mom examines the decomposed skull of the body. Graham, who is on the other side of the examining table walks around to the end of it as he talks
'' You know there are reasons they call this Big easy even after Hurricane Katrina.'' Graham said.
He tries to rest his hand on a tray with surgical instruments but knocks the tray off. Everything crashes to the floor. Mom looks up shocked by the noise and laughs a little.
Dr. James Embry, assistant to the medical examiner enters the room with a file pertaining to the body that Mom has been looking at. He is follwed by detective Harding and a uniformed police officer.
'' Dr. Brennan, meet John Doe 361.'' James said
''  We found this one in the 9th Ward sticking out of the mud.'' Detective Harding said
'' Good afternoon, Detective Harding.'' Mom said and then she assessing the body. '' Male. Forties.''
'' Badly decomposed.'' James said and then he says. '' Looks pretty banged up.'' James said as he hands the chart to Graham across the examining table.
'' Yeah'' Detective Harding said. '' Be nice to know if it was hurricane, floor or four play that killed him.''
Graham glances at the chart and then he says. '' Detective Harding, have you been into the cooler lately? Apparently some libidos are inflamed by the proximity to death.''
Mom and James shake their head in disbelief
'' God, Graham. Thinking about sex in this place should be illegal, if it aint already.'' Detective Harding said
Detective Harding and the police officer leave. James is looking at the skull and sees something strange.
'' Oh, Sam, I'm going to need X-rays on this one.'' Mom said talking to Sam outside the room.
James begins to leave the room and meets Sam Potter, an orderly, as he is entering.
'' Looks like there's something lodges behind his teeth.'' James said to Sam.
Sam nods his head and comes into the room to take John Doe 361 for x-rays.  Mom is covering the body with plastic as Graham talks to her.
'' You've been working 48 hours straight. You need the evening off.'' Graham said to mom
'' I only have one vacation day left.'' Mom said
'' What are you...doing penance for FEMA? Why don't you let me cook you dinner tonight''? Graham said
'' I don't know.'' Mom said as she starts to take off her gloves
'' Come on.'' Graham said pleading
Sam is finishing wrapping up John Doe 361 with a sheet and almost ready to leave.
'' I'm a Southern gentleman, ma'am.'' Graham said. '' Your honor will be respected.''
Mom takes off her gloves
Sam scoffs '' Yeah.''
Sam wheels John Doe 361 out of the room leaving Mom and Graham alone
'' Tell you what, Graham.'' Mom said as she went over to another table'' We'll see what the x-rays tell us about this one. And then, maybe, we'll get a bite to eat.'' Mom said as she puts her gloves down onto the table.
'' All right.'' Graham said.
                                                     ________________________________________________________

Mom is lying on the floor. She is unconscious with a pool of blood surrounding her head and dripping from her mouth. Her clothes and hands are covered in it. A blood soaked towel is on the floor next to her and there are blood smears all over the floor. Mom begins to come around, coughing and panting. She slowly sits up and tries to focus and understand where she is and what has happened. Mom still doesn't know what's happening. She attempts to get up. When she tries to lift herself by grabbing onto the vanity with her right hand, she groans in pain and slips back to the floor rubbing her hand. She tries again, this time using her forearm to lean on, and stands. She look into the mirror and is stunned by her appearance. Mom is still examining her face in the mirror. She reaches for her ear as she notices her earring is missing. The phone begins to ring and Mom starts to leave the bathroom, she is weak and she stumbles a little bit as she leaves. She goes into the next room and she slowly picks up the phone and then she sits down on the couch. A hotel clerk's voice O.S. is heard on the phone.
'' Dr. Brennan, your airport shuttle is here.'' The hotel clerk said over the phone
'' What''? Mom said into the phone. '' No. Um. My flight isn't until Thursday.''
'' Today is Thursday, Dr. Brennan.'' The hotel clerk said to Mom
Mom takes the phone away from her ear
'' What happened to Wednesday''? Mom muttered to herself
'' Dr. Brennan? Hello? Are...are you still there, Dr. Brennan''? The hotel clerk said.
                                                 ________________________________________________________

Mom is being examined by a doctor. She has been cleaned up and is wearing a hospital gown.
'' Looks like someone stole your earring'' The doctor said as he patched up Mom's ear lobe with a plasta. '' Ripped it right out of the lobe.'' The doctor said as he leaves mom's side and he takes off his gloves.
'' I don't know what happened to me.'' Mom stated
'' It's a tough town.'' The doctor told Mom. '' We don't have that many cops anymore and, uh--''
Detective Harding enters the examination room without knocking interrupting the doctor. He turns and sees her and continues
Doctor smiles as he said. '' They were never that good to begin with.''
Detective Harding closes the door behind her as she enters the room. '' You shouldn't insult the ones that stuck around.''
'' Detective Harding, I didn't know who else to call.'' Mom said turning to her.
Detective Harding turns around and sees her pile of clothes on a table and then she turns to the doctor. '' I need blood samples on this clothing.'' She told the doctor and then she turns to Mom. '' Maybe we'll get lucky and they won't all come from you. Still hazy on the details.''?
'' I'm not hazy on the details?'' Mom told Detective Harding.
'' Nothing''? Detective Harding asked
'' Um, Dr. Legiere knocking over a tray of instruments at the morgue.'' Mom said and then she says. '' Then...mm...nothing.''
'' That was the day before yesterday.'' Detective Harding told mom
'' I requested a rape kit.'' Mom said
'' No sign of sexual activity forced or otherwise.'' The doctor said as he looks at the notes.
The door opens and Booth rushes in heading straight for Mom. A woman is behind him trying to stop him. He is too worried about Mom to be stopped.
'' Sir, sir, you can't go in there'' The woman said to Booth who just ignores her.
Booth shrugs her off and he says. '' Bones, you okay''?
'' Booth, I told you not to come'' Mom told him as he went to her and the woman closes the door.
'' Who's this''? Detective Harding asked Mom
'' He's F.B.I.'' Mom replied. '' We're sort of partners.''
'' Guy flies down from D.C? You're more than 'sort of''' Detective Harding said
Booth brushes off Detective Harding's comment. He's anxious to see how Mom is. '' Yeah, that's great'' Booth said to Harding and then he turns to Mom and he said. '' You remember anything.''?
Mom sighs and then she said. '' The tray falling over.''
Booth turns to the doctor and then he asked. '' Why can't she remember anything''?
'' Well, it could be the head injury.'' The doctor told Booth
'' Hairline stress fracture on my right distal radius, concussion, slight fever, torn earlobe.'' Mom said. '' I lost one of my favourite earrings.''
She pulls the only earring left off of her ear and shows it to Booth. It's obvious he is distressed and concerned about Mom
'' You're worried about an earring? You should really be worried about losing a whole day.''
'' I know. It's stupid. But these earrings were my mother's.'' Mom said
'' Amnesia caused by any traumatic event, injury or drug, can erase memories before the event, not just after.'' The doctor said
'' Great, we'll just wait for a tox screen.'' Booth said
'' It's gonna be at least 24 hours.'' Booth said
Booth getting upset '' 24 hours''?
'' Well, most of the labs in the area were destroyed by the hurricane.'' The doctor said
'' We'll find out what happened.'' Detective Harding said. '' You just take care of your....uh....partner.''
Booth is barely hanging on to his temper. He clinches his jaw and focuses on Mom. He reaches and with a bent finger under chin forces her to look at him so he can look at her injuries.
                                                    ________________________________________________________

Mom and Booth were in the car and Booth was driving. Mom is in the passenger seat and they were both talking.
'' Yeah, it'll come back bones.'' Booth told Mom
'' You dont know that.'' Mom told Booth. '' Head injuries are extremely unpredictable.''
'' I'm just being reassuring.'' Booth said as he puts his sunglasses on.
Mom's cell phone rings and she answers it '' Brennan.''
'' Regarding the X-rays of John Doe 361'' Zack said on the other end of the line.
'' John Doe 361?'' Mom asked confused
'' Yes'' Zack said. '' You send his X-rays.''
'' I don't remember that.'' Mom said to Zack through the phone.
'' You don't remember?'' Zack asked Mom
'' What about the X-rays, Zack''? Mom questioned Zack
'' Male.'' Zack said into the phone. '' Late 40's. Mixed race. Anomalies on his spine which I'm looking inti. But the point is, his death was not accidental.''
'' I sent you the X-rays of a murder victim''? Mom said confused
'' How'd he die''? Booth asked through the phone
'' Is that Booth''? Angela asked on the other end of the phone
'' Yes'' Mom said through the phone.
'' You're hopping the Streetcar Named Desire with Booth? Oh, I love this.'' Angela said into the phone
'' Obviously, they're working the murder of John Doe 361 together.'' Zack said
'' Precisely'' Mom told them and then she asked. '' How did 361 die''?
'' The pelvis shows crush fractures. There's also what appears to be a bullet hole in the skull, but there's no exit wound.'' Zack told Mom
'' Okay, keep working on it.'' Mom said and then she hangs up.
'' You don't remember the case''? Booth asked Mom as he looks at her
'' No'' Mom replied and then she said. '' And it's murder.'' Mom said and then she feels a hunger pain. '' Oh, I'm hungry.''
'' Well, when was the last time you ate''? Booth asked mom
Mom just stares at him not believing he asked that question
'' Oh, my bad. You have amnesia.'' Booth said
Suddenly, Mom recalls something. '' Booth, I think I know a place.''
                                                  ________________________________________________________

Mom and Booth are sitting in a resturant called Jambalaya Jones. They are sitting at a two-top table in front of the window. Mom is looking at a menu and Booth is playing with a spice shaker as they talk.
'' All right, so what is the last thing that you do remember''? Booth asked Mom
'' I told you, Graham, Dr. Legiere, knocked over a tray of surgical instruments.'' Mom told Booth
'' I want to talk to Legiere.'' Booth said
'' We must've been about to examine John Doe 361.'' Mom said
'' Dr. Brennan''? Peter called Mom as he walks over to Mom and Booth. '' I thought you were leaving today.''
'' Peter, this is my friend, Seeley Booth.'' Mom said to Peter introducing Booth
Booth and Peter shake hands. Peter notices Mom's injuries.
'' My god.'' Peter said. '' What happened to you''?
'' I'm not certain.'' Mom replied. '' But the bruising suggests Tuesday night.''
'' After you left here''? Peter asked
'' I was here Tuesday''? Mom asked back
'' What time''? Booth questioned Peter
'' In at 8:00 and left at 9:00'' Peter answered and then he said. '' Don't you remember? You had dinner with Sam Potter.''
Booth looks at Mom who was lost in her thoughts
'' Bones! Bones!'' Booth called bringing her out of her thoughts
'' We have to go to the morgue, talk to Sam.'' Mom said as she gets up from her seat and leaves
'' Who's Sam''? Booth asked Mom as he too gets up from his seat and follows Mom
'' He's an orderly. He practises voodoo.'' Mom said
'' Bones, wait up.'' Booth said as he catches up with Mom
                                                      ________________________________________________________

Temporary Morgue. Booth, Sam and Mom are sitting in the balcony talking.
'' You invited me to dinner'' Sam said to Mom
'' Why''? Mom asked Sam
'' You found this in the mouth of a John Doe.'' Sam said giving Mom a box with voodoo spell casting ingredients.''
Mom takes the box and looks at the contents
'' Let me see that''? Booth asked
Mom turns the box towards Booth who looks at the contents
'' That's voodoo''? Booth asked
'' It's a gris-gris bag.'' Sam replied and then he said. '' It's a mojo. This one is meant to silence the dead so they can't speak.''
'' Well, usually dead people are pretty much silent on their own.'' Booth said
'' Voodoo embraces the premise that spirits can speak to us from beyond the grave.'' Mom said
'' Voodoo is all about the balance of the forces.'' Sam said and then he said. '' That wind, the flood, this death-it's all out of balance now.'' Sam said. '' Katrina was Armageddon for the ones who love balance. Some think it was Secte Rouge that brought it on.''
'' What's that? Some kind of a gang''?
'' The ones who follow evil.'' Sam said. '' Some believe that they purposely angered the sirens who sent the flood.'' Sam said and then he points to the box. '' This...this is Secte Rouge.''
'' Okay, so that's literally bad voodoo.'' Booth said
Sam takes the box from Mom and gives Booth a closer look
'' It'a black gum root.'' Sam said and then he said. '' There's only one place you can find it. A voodoo shop on Pontchatrain A venue run by Richard Benoit. He's a good man. '' Sam said and then he says. '' Maybe he can help you.''
Sam closes the box and give it to Booth
'' Okay, thanks'' Booth said and then he and Mom gets up and are leaving with Sam speaks.
'' Dr. Brennan, a lost day? Perhaps a spell was cast on you as well.'' Sam said
'' No disrespect, Sam, but it's not my religion.'' Mom said and then she walks down the balcony and Booth remains behind looking at Sam with a confused look on his face. Mom stops and calls back to him. '' Come on, Booth.'' Mom said and then they both leave together.
                                                      ________________________________________________________

Mom and Booth were back in the car again and on the road and the both of them were talking.
'' Voodoo.'' Booth said. '' Who's going to believe that stuff''?
'' It's a religion.'' Mom said. '' No crazier than-well, what are you''?
Booth is driving and Mom is in the passenger seat. Booth takes of his sunglasses. '' Catholic.''
'' They believe in the same saints you do, and prayer.'' Mom said. '' What they call spells, you call miracles. They have priests.''
'' We don't make zombies.'' Booth said
'' Jesus rose from the dead after three days.'' Mom said
Booth quickly turns his head toward her. He's shocked speechless for a moment but when he does recover, he's not happy. Mom's cell phone rings and she answers it.
'' Brennan.'' Mom said into her phone
Booth points to emphasize. '' Jesus is not a zombie. All right? Man'' Booth said and then he puts his sunglasses back on. '' I shouldn't have to tell you that.''
Mom stares at his outburst like he's nuts
'' On John Doe 361 there's a narrowing of the disk space on L2 and L3.'' Zack said at the other end of the line
'' Congenital''? Mom asked
'' Uncler. Extensive injuries consistent with a body being thrown around by a flood.'' Zack said.
'' Cross reference what you know so far with the DMORT records of missing Katrina victims.'' Mom told Zack
'' Hey, Brennan'' Angela said at the other end of the line. '' Why haven't you come home''?
'' Pretty soon, Ange'' Mom told Angela
'' Is Booth there socially''? Angela asked Mom
'' No, of course, not.'' Mom replied
'' All right, what's going on''? Angela asked
Booth grabs the phone from Mom's ear and talks to Angela '' Okay, Bones, has amnesia because a voodoo murderer put a spell on her to keep her from solving the murder of John Doe 361.'' Booth said
Mom tries to grab the phone back from Booth to clarify the story but he switches it to his other ear so she can't reach it.
'' That's a huge supposition.'' Mom said
'' That's fine if you don't want to tell me.'' Angela said on the other end of the line and the phone went dead.
                                                          ________________________________________________________

Booth and Mom enters the Voodoo shop
'' Whoa.'' Booth said. '' What's that smell''?
Mom closes the door behind her and Booth starts to look around
'' I imagine everything smells in here.'' Mom said
Booth spots a picture of a Cadillace Brougham and is in love. He begins to bend down in front of it almost in worship
'' Whoa. Please just tell me that that car survived Katrina.'' Booth said as he whistles.
From behind a beaded room divider, Richard Benoit, the store owner, enters.
'' We used it to evacuate.'' Richard said
'' Did you restore it yourself or did you use voodoo''? Booth asked
'' Ah'' Richard laughs. '' An unbeliever. What can I do for you''? Richard asked
'' You, uh-'' Booth started off saying. He pulls the bag of ingredients obtained from John Doe 361's mouth from his pocket and puts it on the counter.'' You know what that is''?
'' This is a dark spell'' Richard said. '' Forbidden magic. Very strong. This is Secte Rouge. I certainly wouldn't make anything like this.''
'' But you have the ingredients here''? Booth said
'' Well, the individual ingredients are not malignant.'' Richard said. '' It is how they are combined and what intention they are used for that makes a spell good or bad.''
'' Do you recognize me''? Mom asked
'' No'' Richard replied. '' Should I''?
'' Anyone else works here''? Booth said
'' My daughter, Eva.'' Richard answered. '' Whis this about''?
Booth pulls out his F.B.I. badge and shows them to Richard. '' We're conducting an investigation.''
'' Eva!'' Richard yells towards the back room for his daughter. '' What kind of investigation''?
'' Is it true that this is the only place a person could buy black gum root''? Mom asked Richard
'' Yes'' Richard said. '' Most places like this are all gone now. It's not a coincidence.''
Richard turns around and picks up some black gum root and hands it to Booth and Mom who examine it. At the same time, a door is heard to open and Eva Benoit enters the shop from the back room.
'' Yes, daddy'' Eva said
'' Have you ever seen this lady before''? Richard asked his daughter
Mom looks up at her so Eva can see her face clearly
'' No, why''? Eva said
Mom holds up the black gum root to her and then she said. '' We need to know who's brought this lately''
'' Don't they need a warrant''? Eva said
'' Ah'' Richard said in an uncomfortable laugh. '' Eva will pull up what you need on the computer.'' Richard said. '' Eva.''
Eva reluctantly moves to the computer to begin pulling records.
'' What you said before, what did you mean just a coincidence''? Booth said
'' Most places like this, where a houngan, a priest, can get what he needs, they are all gone now.'' Richard said
'' Because of the hurricane and flood''? Mom asked
'' Which occurred because of a lack of balance.'' Richard said
'' Mr. Benoit, are you suggesting that Secte Rouge somehow conjured up a Hurricane''? Mom asked
Eva turns her head around and then she said. '' Secte Rouge voodoo is much more powerful than ours.''
'' No, Eva.'' Richard said as he turns to his daughter and then he says. '' Not more powerful. Destruction is easier than harmony but not more powerful.'' Richard said and then he turns to Booth and Mom and then he says. '' There are a lot of misunderstandings about voodoo.''
'' Yeah. That whole Zombie studd puts a crimp in your publi relations. I bet'' Booth said with a uncomfortable laugh
Eva joins them all again with a list of buyers which she hands to Mom
'' These are the people who have brought black gum root in the past month.'' Eva said
Mom reads the list and recognizes a name and then she said. '' Graham Legiere, the medical examiner.
Booth takes the list and reads it
                                                __________________________________________________________

'' I tried to get in touch with him'' Booth stated
'' He was scheduled to be out in the field this week'' Mom told Booth
Mom opens the door and enters followed by Booth. She calls for him as she enters his house.
'' Graham'' Mom called for him and then she said. '' It's Temperance.''
'' What if he's not here''? Booth asked Mom
'' Well, he's probably asleep.'' Mom replied and then she says. '' He's been working nights.'' Mom told Booth and then she shouts for Graham. '' Graham? Graham?'' Mom shouted
Booth bends over her shoulder and tries to make a joke. '' Cracker.''
'' Hey, that's not funny'' Mom said as she closes the door and then she says. '' I think he invited me to dinner that night or drinks. I can't remember.''
'' Mm-hmm. You know what? Maybe he 'roofied' you'' Booth said as he and mom both started to walk in a bit futher in the house.
'' I'm sure he bought the black gum root to look into its medicinal qualities.'' Mom said
'' Yeah, because we all know how effective that is.'' Booth said
'' Voodoo healing is quite effective. No crazier than acupuncture or exorcism.'' Mom said
'' Hey, hey, easy on the Catholics. Okay? Just easy'' Booth said and then he sees something. '' Bones''?
He poinys into the next room where a blanket is tossed over a full-length mirror. Mom remembers something and looks toward the upstairs. See turns and towards the steps
'' Here we go again'' Booth said
Mom climbs the stairs with Booth calling after her and follows her
'' Bones'' Booth called after her
Mom is moving down the hall seemingly looking for something while she remembers. Mom is still moving down the hallway as more memories comes to her. Mom is still moving down the hallway and she sees a room down the hall with the door slightly ajar.
'' You okay''? Booth asked Mom
'' Something bad happened here.'' Mom stated
Mom is still staring at the door and she appears to be paralyzed. Booth is now behind her in the hallway
'' And I got away'' Mom told Booth
Booth moves forward to the door. Mom stands still and then follows him. Booth's hand slowly opening the door. Booth and Mom enters the room and through the mirror a reflection of Graham Legiere's body is crucified on the opposite wall. Booth and Mom turns towards the wall and see him.
'' Oh, yeah.'' Booth said and then he said. '' Something bad.''
                                                      __________________________________________________________

The police have arrived and the police photographer is taking pictures of the body and the crime scene. Graham's body is being zipped up in the body bag. Detective Harding is holding a notebook in her hand as she looks and then she exits the room.  Booth and Mom are waiting down the hall near the top of the stairs and Detective Harding appraches them.
'' What exactly were you doing here''? Detective Harding asked them
'' It's Graham, isn't it''? Mom asked back
'' Tell you what, Dr. Brennan, I'm going to ask the questions.'' Detective Harding said as she folds her arms across her chest
'' Oh, come on, Detective. She was working with the guy'' Booth said defending Mom.
'' How closely''? Detective Harding asked
'' What's that supposed to mean''? Mom asked
'' Answer my question, please.'' Detective Harding said and then she says. '' What brought you here? Was it a social call? Business? Revenge killing''? Detective Harding asked
'' Look, Legiere bought some black gum root from the voodoo store.'' Booth said and then he says. '' We just stopped by to ask why.''
'' Why''? Detective Harding question
'' That's what we came here to ask.'' Mom replied
'' You wanna look behind me and remind yourselves why I'm a little low on sense of humor.'' Detective Harding said
'' Wuh, that wasn't a joke.'' Mom said
'' Oh, no, she's not wisecracking.'' Booth said and then he says. '' She just tends to be a bit literal.'' Booth said
While Mom is talking to Harding, Booth looks on the floor and sees Mom's lost earring by the leg of a hall table. He doesn't say anything to either Mom or Harding that he seen it.
'' Day before yesterday, I showed a voodoo expert a mojo that Graham found lodged in the mouth of John Doe 361.'' Mom said to Harding
'' This, uh, voodoo consultation, did it occur before or after amnesia.''? Harding asked
'' Look, the amnesia's real.'' Booth said to Detective Harding
'' Graham purchased a rare ingredient at a voodoo shop on Pontchartrain Ave.'' Mom said
'' So Graham made voodoo spells, shoved them into corpses mouth, then pretended to be surprised when he found them''? Detective Harding asked
Booth sees the policewoman and what she has in her hands
'' What's that''? Booth asked
'' Ma'am''?
Harding turns her back to Booth and Mom to examine was the Policewoman as brought. Mom moves closer to get a better look leaving Booth alone and unnoticed. He bends down while they're talking, picks up Mom's earring and puts it in his pocket.
'' Split cast, huh? More voodoo.'' Harding said and then she says. '' Just like the symbol on the wall? Bag it as evidence.''
'' Secte Rouge''? Mom asked
Harding turns back to Mom. Booth, with the earring safely in his pocket, steps forward and joins them.
'' What do you know about Secte Rouge''? Harding asked
'' If you're done with us, Detective, we're going to go.'' Booth said as he take's mom's arm and begins to drag her toward the stairs. Harding's words stops them.
'' I'm gonna tear this place apart.'' Harding said and then she says. '' If I find one piece of evidence that ties you to this scene, I will take you into custody.''
'' Wait, do you really think that someone could go into a trace, commit a murder like that, and not remember it''? Mom said
Harding shakes her head. '' No, I don't. But I sure as hell think someone can fake amnesia.''
'' That's great.'' Booth said and then he says. '' Thank you, Detective.''
Booth ushers Mom away.
                                                          ________________________________________________________

Assistant medical examiner, Dr. James Embry, has several charts that he hands to Mom.
'' These files are everything you and Graham worked on the day before yesterday'' James said
'' James, meet Agent Seeley Booth'' Mom introduce James to Booth and then she says. '' Dr. Embry is Graham's second in command.''
'' Condolences on your sudden promotion.'' Booth said
James cross his arms over his chest and then he says. '' Um, why do you think the job had anything to do with Graham being killed''? James asked
'' Bones has voodoo amnesia, Legiere is voodoo dead, and the last thing they worked on together was a voodoo ritual murder.'' Booth said and then he says. '' So, I'm...I'm thinking there might be some kind of a connection.''
'' Legiere's body. Is it, uh, as bad as they say''? James asked
'' How bad are they saying it is''? Mom said
'' No matter how bad they're saying it is, it's worse.'' Booth stated
'' I just want to mentally prepare myself'' James said and then he says. '' Um, I start his autopsy in a few minutes.''
'' The file I need is John Doe 361.'' Mom said
'' According to records, these are the only cases you worked on the day before yesterday'' James told Mom and then he says. '' Four sets of remains, two were easy I.D.s, drawn victims, processed and booted for burial. The other two were both males, John Does 349 and 350.'' James said
'' I sent 361's X-rays to the Jeffersonian.'' Mom told James
'' Well, I'll check again.'' James said and then he leaves
Mom glances through a files she's holding while Booth watches as they wait for James to come back.
'' Can I make a lifestyle suggestion''? Booth asked
'' Go ahead.'' Mom said
'' You know, vacation. It's from the Latin, 'vacatio.'''Booth said and then he says. '' It's mean, you know, 'freedom' or 'release'. You might want to consider that next time.'' Booth said
'' Learning Latin''? Mom asked Booth as she looks at the files.
'' This is the opposite of vacation.'' Booth said and then he says. '' No wonder you snapped, went insane and totally lost your mind.''
'' Oh, thanks for you understanding.'' Mom said
James returns and then he says. '' Uh, Dr. Brennan. There's no John Doe 361.''
'' Then whose X-rays did I send to D.C''? Mom asked
'' No, I mean the file is gone.'' James said
Mom and Booth stare at each other
                                              ________________________________________________________

James, Booth and Mom enters the freezer room.There are lots of bodies in body bags on the tables. Sam is in the room chanting over the bodies. He has a snake around his neck and moves from body to body saying his prayer.
'' Ugh, okay, hold that.'' Mom said as she hands Booth her phone and it was on loudspeaker
'' Got it'' Booth said as he takes the phone from Mom
'' Zack Addy'' Zack said through the phone
'' Zack, it's me. Anything else on John Doe 361''? Mom asked as she looks on the tags on the body bags.
'' Yes, Dr. Brennan. We found some damage to the pubic bone. Some kind of strike marks.'' Zack said through the phone.
Mom is still checking the tags on all the bodies looking for John Doe 361.
'' Did you get Angela to reconstruct the pattern''? Mom asked
'' Yeah. Hi, sweetie. I'm here.'' Angela said through the phone. ''Uh, I tried to make a digital positive, but it didn't work.''
'' Why''? Mom asked
'' Voodoo probably'' Booth said as he looks at the tags
'' The extrapolation protocols can't resolve the gradient fluxes in the bone shadings.'' Angela said through the phone
'' What's that''? James asked
'' That's mumbo jumbo. It's scientific voodoo.'' Booth said
'' Can you do it manually''? Mom asked
'' Off an X-ray''? Angela asked through the phone. '' Mm, not really.''
'' Can't you send the actual remains''? Zack asked through the phone
'' They don't exist.'' Mom said down the phone
'' That makes no sense.'' Zack said through the phone
'' Voodoo'' Booth said and then he says. '' It's probably voodoo.''
'' Voodoo''? Angela asked through the phone
'' Okay, quit saying voodoo.'' Mom told Booth
'' Yeah, because, you know, it's not a factor.'' Booth said
'' Okay, let me know what you find.'' Mom said into the phone and then she said. '' Bye.'' Mom said
Booth switches off the phone while he watches Sam perform his prayer rital. Sam's chanting is louder.
'' How do we know this is not the guy shoving mojo bags into dead people''? Booth said as he looks at Sam.
'' Those spells are the work of a sorcerer.'' Sam said and then he says. '' Priests houngans can make healing mojos, but I'm not allowed.''
'' But snake shaking, that's fine''? Booth asked
Mom looks at the snake and touches it, she's was also wearing a glove. 
'' The snake pulls the evil out of the soul freeing the spirit, the loua. I must do what small things I can. The floods washed away too much of what was good.'' Sam said
Booth sees Mom handling the snake and then he says. '' Hey, Bones, how's about while you're a murder suspect, you, uh, act more like a normal woman and less like Lily Munster, okay''? Booth said and then he pulls Mom away from handling the snake. '' Goodbye. Good snake. Bye-bye. That's it.'' Booth said and then he and Mom heads for the exit. '' Now, call me crazy, but I'm suspicious of snake man.''
'' Ugh, that's because you've been inculcated by the mainstream culture's prevailing Judeo-Christian tradition into innstinctive skepticism of alternative mores.'' Mom said
'' Yeah.'' Booth said and then he says. '' Thanks for that explanation.''
                                                 ________________________________________________________

In Mom's hotel. Mom and Booth were in Mom's suite, Mom was standing near the window and Booth was standing near the couch and the both of them were talking.
'' So, do you remember anything else that could help us out''? Booth asked Mom
'' It could have been me.'' Mom replied
'' Do you remember that''? Booth asked
'' Look at it objectively.'' Mom said and then she says. '' Graham Legiere was killed between 11:00 p.m. Tuesday and 3:00 a.m. Wednesday. Not only do I not have an alibi, I...I can't even explain to myself where I was. It could've been me.'' Mom said to Booth as she walks away from the window and she sits down on the bed
Booth chuckles and then he says. '' No, it couldn't.''
'' Yes. Wha...how do you know''? Mom asked
'' I just know, okay? I'd bet my professional career on it'' Booth said as he starts to move around and then he says. '' I already did.'' Booth said
'' What''? Mom said
'' Nothing'' Booth told her
'' What did you do''? Mom questioned Booth
'' Bones! Stop! This is the last time and place that you want to be rational, Okay''? Booth said and then he says. '' Let's just be wildly emotional and assume that you didn't psychotically murder a co-worker who invited you over for dinner.'' Booth said and then he sees something on Mom's bed pillow. '' What's that''? Booth asked
'' What''? Mom said
'' That'' Booth said pointing
Mom gets up and moves to the pillow picking up whatever it is and then she says. '' Ew''
'' Is it another voodoo dumpling''? Booth asked
It's another mojo bag. She opens it up picking through the contents.
'' It's some kind of flesh'' Mom said and then she says. '' And these are seashells. And leather, I think.'' Mom said as she takes out a human tooth.
'' Is that a human tooth''? Questioned Booth
'' Yes.'' Mom replied and then she says. '' A canine.''
The door bursts open and Detective Harding rushes in with her gun drawn, several other policemen behind her also with guns. Booth turns to face her pulling his own weapong out.
'' Put down your weapon, Agent Booth.'' Harding said
They face each other, guns pointing at each other.
'' Put down your weapon.'' Booth told Harding and the policemen and then he said. '' There's no threat from us.''
'' You're holding a gun on me'' Harding stated
'' Yeah, well, you know, my finger here'' Booth said as he waves it and then he said. '' Is not on the trigger. It's the best I can do under the circumstances.''
Harding reluctantly puts her gun away and then she turns to the police and says. '' Holster your weapons.''
The other policemen put their weapons away and so does Booth
'' I'm here to arrest Dr. Brennan for the murder of Graham Legiere.'' Harding said
'' Whoa, that's not gonna happen'' Booth said
'' Yeah, I'm prettu sure it is'' Harding said
'' I told you, Booth.'' Mom said
'' Bones, please! Just once in your life will you be quiet''? Booth said as he turns around to face
'' That's good advice because everything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law'' Harding said and then she sees the bag and then says. '' What is that''?
'' I...I found it on my pillow.'' Mom told Harding and then she hands the mojo bag to Harding
'' Bones!'' Booth groans in frustration
'' Thank you, Dr. Brennan'' Harding thanked her and then she drops the mojo bag into a plastic evidence bag.
'' What's the probable cause''? Booth asked
'' Traces of Dr. Brennan's blood in Legiere's home, Legiere's blood on her clothing from the clinic.'' Harding said to Booth
'' Is that it''? Booth said
'' All I'm prepared to share with the federal government. Now, please. Step away from my collar.'' Harding said
'' I'm afraid I can't let that happen'' Booth said
Mom steps around Booth and offers herself up to Harding
'' Bones! Geez!'' Booth said and he slaps himself on the forehead
'' It's better if nobody else dies while we get to the bottom of this.'' Mom said
Harding puts the handcuffs on Mom
'' Well, you know what, I wasn't planning on dying.'' Booth said
Mom is being handcuffed. '' Ow. It's not you I worry about. Ow.'' Mom said and then Harding begins to take Mom away and then she says. '' You're welcome to the room. It's paid for.''
Harding shoves Mom out of the room. Everyone but Booth follows. Booth sighs, turns in a circle and then stops. He reaches in his pocket, pulls out her earring and looks at it, he then tosses it in the air and catches it. He looks up, seemingly to God, appearing to ask what to do next.

                                                                                      To be continued......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.1K 39
•Winterwitch fan fic•
514 3 15
A Jaden Walton FanFic
5.2K 34 22
This is a Tom holland fanfiction and Y/N rocks!