Sleeping with my Bestfriend

By IllicitImagination

*Best Friends with complicated benefits* .......... "Why don't you?" I asked, my voice was breathless, husky... More

Chapter 1 - Tension and Apprehension
Chapter 2 - Movies and what?...More?
Chapter 4 - The expected phone call
Chapter 5 - New acquaintances new bonds
Chapter 6 - Fragile and Vulnerable
Chapter 7 - Some sexual attention.
Chapter 8 - The aftermath
Chapter 9 - First of many
Chapter 10 - Disruptions
Chapter 11 - Lost cause
Chapter 12- Too much Sarcasm
Chapter 13 - Succumbing
Chapter 14 - Confused and Clueless
Chapter 15 - This is Awkward.
Chapter 16 - Potent jealousy
Chapter 17 - Deep in the woods.
Chapter 18 - Choices
Chapter 19 - Start of something new
Oneshot of Kyle
Chapter 20 - Waterfalls and a Cave
Chapter 21 - End of a relationship
Chapter 22 - Forgive and Forget
Chapter 23 - Stranger danger?
Chapter 24 - Unlikely Future
Chapter 25 - The Art of Trying
Chapter 26 - Impending Reconciliations.
Chapter 27 - Fragile Bonds
Chapter 28 - An Unseemly Reunion
Chapter 29 - On the Mend
Chapter 30 - Part of Moving on

Chapter 3 - Lunch and Teasing

238K 4.3K 2.1K
By IllicitImagination

*This is not edited!*

......................

"Don't look now but he's staring again," Savannah my best girl friend said to me.

We were sitting at our usual table at lunch, it was in the far corner of the whole cafeteria but I was the one that chose this spot because the view from the window showed the city park where the leaves from the trees where currently budding, indicating the arrival of spring.

I snapped from her remark becoming alert for the first time.

"Let me guess," I replied. "Tall and bulky?"

Sav's eyes widened and nodded.

"Dark hair with darkest blue eyes?"

She bit her lip as her nod became wary.

"Wears dark jeans with a black leather jacket giving him the whole bad boy aura?"

Sav giggled as she nodded. "Seems like you already know who he is."

"The guy is in my English class. I think he's the new kid. I greeted him once and he just stared at me like I just ate his last piece of cake." I shrugged. "I didn't even catch his name.

"Well he's not glaring at you now. He has this look as if its a longing look."

"Yeah, sure totally...are you sure he's looking at me?" I rolled my eyes. Sav was always this way when it came to guys.

"You should go talk to him. He looks lonely." She suggested.

"What? No? And have him leer at me with those eyes again? No way," I refused.

"Oh c'mon, Keya, I'm sure he was just stunned before that such a gorgeous brown skinned goddess was talking to him." She wagged her eyebrows.

I burst out laughing from her comment. "Wow, okay this one is new."

"Sorry, I was reading mythology yesterday. Some interesting stuff." She shrugged.

"Anyway don't stray me away from original subject. Go and talk to him. He's new right, probably Kyle hasn't warned him not to touch you, like he has with every other guy in our year."

Of course it'd been Sav that had suggested my theory in the first place of why every guy were chicken to go out with me and sometimes, to even talk to me.

"Yeah Sav, I might want to lose my virginity but I'm not that desperate." I grimaced at my own words.

Not Desperate? I scoffed internally. It was desperation that had me begging my best guy friend to take my virginity in the first place. But Sav didn't know that and I planned to keep it that way.

"Fine, if you're not gonna do it, I am." She said getting up.

"Be my guest." I smirked and she gave me a challenging look before jumping off her seat and sauntering to where the new kid was sitting.

I watched her with awe and amazement as she grinned at the guy who looked at her as if he was dreaming.

Sav has never been the shy one between the both of us. Although she was dedicated in achieving her academics this year, she still loved to go out and party.

With her fierce blue eyes and enchanting golden brown hair, she almost had every guy eating at the palm of her hands. Of course she has her parents to thank for the good genes they contributed to make such a stunning beauty as she.

And she says I'm the goddess. I snorted internally.

Sav was intelligent, beautiful and confident and what I admired most about her was the dedication she always possessed to get what she wants.

So it wasn't a surprise to watch the new guy become transfixed by her beauty. She already had him eating at her hand.

I watched the smirk play in his features as she flirted with him. He let out a laughter, his features became enlightened by the glow of his grin and I internally wondered what she was telling him, but then his eyes shifted right at my table, trapping mine in a swift gaze.

I swallowed and instantly retreated my stare back to the food in front of me. I don't even know why I felt like blushing, because my cheeks became inflamed at that moment. Even though you couldn't see the evidence of my blush, I still felt it.

It was at that moment that I turned my eyes away when Kyle suddenly made an appearance. He came along with Ned, his side-kick or should I say wing man.

"I am so starved!" Was Kyle's introductory as he sat opposite the table to face me and took my remaining lunch in the process.

I scowled at him.

"What?" He said through a mouthful.

"I was still eating that!"

He frowned. "Didn't you hear what I said? I did mention that I was starving."

"So, just get your own food." I folded my arms on top the table, my eyes trained right at him in a glare.

He shrugged. "Its not like you were going to finish it anyway. What's your deal these days, you've never cared when I took your lunch before?" He commented.

I rolled my eyes and looked away. Truth was I didn't know what was wrong with me. I was angry and frustrated at him. Why? Well because I regretted the fact that I blurted out or should I say begged, last week, for him to take my virginity. Since then our relationship has been kind of strained.

I didn't know if it was him or me, but it was as if by asking him that question I'd put an unwanted tension between us.

For example, whenever I talk to a guy and Kyle happened to pass by, he would pratically give me a disapproving look and the guy I'm talking to, a death glare. This never happened before.

And whenever he was talking to some girl and I happened to be passing by, he would stare at me for a brief moment in a blank expression until the girl demanded his attention. I would frown at him, wondering why he was looking.

I mean, it was not like I cared whoever he talked to girl or not. I didn't own him and he could get laid all he wanted. But if he could just stop staring at me with those probing green as if he was seeking my reaction whenever he talked to a girl, then, I wouldn't be this awkward around him.

"Seriously, I could cut the tension between you guys with a knife. What the fruck did you do this time Keya?" Ned asked, giving both me and Kyle a curious look.

"Me?" I burst out. "Why does it always have to be me?"

Ned and Kyle both gave me a look that said "don't be melodramatic". I just rolled my eyes at both of them.

"Well if you must know Ned, " I looked at him, ignoring the warning look Kyle was shooting at me.

Seriously? He really thought I was going to tell Ned what occurred between us?

"Kyle is sexually frustrated." I stated, my eyes shifting to look at Kyle's reaction. And if looks could kill, well I'd be just speck of dust on the ground by the glare Kyle gave me.

I smirked, knowing fully well that I've just pissed him off. Well it felt good to piss him off. That way I wouldn't start feeling guilty for putting a strain in our friendship. It was his fault, that he made me ask him. He had to go on and become so good looking that even birds fell unto his feet from his radiance: for lack of a better exaggeration.

Ned looked at Kyle, "Seriously?" He asked, genuinely surprised.

"Shut up," was Kyle's gritted response. Silence filled in our table. Kyle and I were giving each other death glares and Ned looked suspiciously at the both of us.

"Omigod, Keya, you wouldn't believe!" Sav decided at that moment to make her presence known.

I turned my eyes away from the endearing green pool of Kyle's eyes and stared expectantly at Sav.

"Believe, what?"

"Well, your English stud over there's name is Ryland." She gushed dreamily.

"Yeah? Well, I told you, you would have luck more than me. He looked smitten, what were you guys talking about?" I asked, genuinely interested at why he had looked over at me while laughing.

"Well—"

"Wait, are you guys talking about Ryland Rodes?" Kyle asked.

I forced myself to turn to him with accusing and yet annoyed eyes. "Yes."

"Anyway, I was say—"

But Sav was interrupted yet again by Kyle, "Why are you guys interested in him?" He asked, growling specifically at me.

"First of all, I don't see how this has got to do with you." I glared at him. "Second of all, I'm not the one interested, Sav is."

"Wait, Sav, are you interested in Ryland Rodes?" Ned asked, his eyes trained warily at Sav. He then averted his eyes to where Ryland was still sitting. Ned looked worried.

"Well, yeah. Have you seen him?" Sav sighed dreamily, glancing at Ryland's table.

"But he's just so...so...," Ned trailed flicking his hand as he searched for a word in his head to describe him.

"Antisocial." Kyle suggested.

"Yes! That's it." Ned hit his hands on the table, startling both me and Sav.

"That's because he thinks too lowly of guys around here." Sav shrugged. "He sounded completely normal when I was talking to him. So flirty too."

"Too lowly of us?" Ned was astonished.

"Well, yeah. But I think that might be because he's supposed to be a year older than us. He's on grade retention."

"Wait, he transferred down?" I asked, surprised at this fact. In fact, staring at him now, it kind of made sense. The whole bad boy austerity.

"But for only two of the subjects he failed last year."

"Well kudos to him. He can think lowly of us however he likes. I'm not looking to be friends with him anyway." Kyle said.

I turned to him with my mouth agape. This was a surprise considering Kyle was cool with everyone.

Kyle avoided my accusing stare and chose to frown somewhere else. I looked towards where he was currently staring.

Mandy Braxton. Of course. Mandy Braxton was that one girl you knew that had everything she wanted. She was that girl whose father owned some companies and so was consequently treated as a princess. She was that sweetly fake girl that had an era of fake posse worshiping her very being.

I had no problem with Mandy Braxton. Our paths never crossed before. I had no opinion about her she had no opinion about me. Like most cliché she wasn't the supposedly b!tch of the school that treated everyone like shít. No, Mandy Braxton knew what she wanted and got wanted. Besides everything was offered on platter for her to take and do as she pleased.

I had no problem with Mandy Braxton but Kyle did.

Ever since the beginning of high school, Kyle has had the biggest crush on Mandy Braxton as far as I remember.

Before he lost the nerd look, he never plucked up the courage to go and talk to her. It was after he became this just-too-damn-sexy-to-be-real. For that time, he'd forgotten about Mandy Braxton since all the girls were throwing themselves at him, literally.

It wasn't until last month when he bumped into her that he remembered his crush on her. He instantly turned on his charm on her, expecting her to fall unto his feet like most girls, but, he had been in for a surprise when she didn't ever batter her eyelashes at him.

I had tried and failed not laugh at him when he'd repeated how she just gave him a dirty look, as if he were trash, before strutting off the opposite direction.

Since then, he has been smitten, which was surprising since she was the longest girl he'd ever chased.

"Aww Kyle, its cute how you're drooling again." I smirked as I teased him.

Ned looked at where we both were staring and started snickering.

"Oh Mandy,

Well you kissed me and stopped me from shaking," Ned began singing.

I couldn't pass this opportunity as I joined him by finishing with, "And I need you today, oh Mandy."

Kyle glared at the both of us, his jaw tightening in slight anger. "Shut the fuuk up!"

Ned and I both laughed at him as we continued teasing him, Sav joined in once she stopped gawking over at Ryland's table and lunch break, for me, felt like blast.

"Seriously though." Ned said. "Why don't you just ask her out?"

"Never. I don't do girlfriends even if its Mandy Braxton. But goddamit I want to fûck her so bad." Kyle groaned, defeated.

I was way past being disgusted by the conversation Kyle and Ned always had regarding girls and their sex life.

"Maybe she doesn't like the way you speak to her." I suggested. "Did you ever try just having a normal conversation with her, instead of one involving the terminology of sex?"

Kyle narrowed his eyes at me. "What will that achieve?" He asked. "In the end all I want is her vagina, not a relationship."

"For Pete's sake Kyle!" I scolded him.

"What? It's the truth." He shrugged.

I stared at him disgustingly before closing my eyes, praying for divine intervention to help me, not strangle this boy.

"But isn't she longest girl you've ever chased?" Sav asked curious.

"And the longest to ever resist me." He said grumpily.

"Oh I see, you find her challenging." Sav snickered.

"He just enjoys the chase," I added. And we all laughed at him. While he gave each of us one of his dont-mess-with-me glares.

"I'm breaking her, I'm telling you, by the end of this week she's going to give in." He affirmed.

"Oh yeah?" Ned asked. "You wanna bet?"

Kyle gave him a challenging look before shaking hands with him. "I get to b¡tch slap you three times in your face."

Ned winced and that told me that he's felt the strength of Kyle's slaps. "And I do the same to you." He sealed the deal.

I rolled my eyes at them and turned to Sav for a more sane conversation but that was when the school bell rang and lunch ended.

"English right now?" Sav asked me.

I was draping my backpack onto my shoulder as I nodded at her.

The way she was staring over Ryland's table told me how much she wished she could take my place in that English class.

"Okay, Sav, I'm starting to think you've developed a crush on him. We need to talk about this."

She reluctantly retreated her eyes away from him. "He's just so..." She flailed, lost for words to describe him.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see you after school." I told her as started leaving.

"Okay...wait hold up!" she shouted.

I spun around to face her, "What?" I asked confused.

"Um...okay, can you drop this on his table?" She said, handing me a piece of paper.

I curiously opened it before she could stop me.

"Sav that's your number." I affirmed as I studied her digits.

"Shh... I know. So just drop it on his table." She told me firmly with a straight face.

I frowned. "Why?"

"Well he'd be curious about who's number it is, so he'll call it." She said.

"Another one of your plans? You're coming to my house, I have to be there to witness his phone call." I giggled.

"Shush." She swat her hand.

I laughed and hurriedly left for my class.

When I got there with a few others trailing behind me, I thanked the heavens to find that Ryland wasn't yet in his sit. So with precise and unsuspected movements, I discreetly placed the note in his seat, so that it will be evident for him to see when he was about to sit down.

I sat on my sit next to his and went about with my usual routine.

It was after five minutes when everyone including Mr Shettleston—our teacher—were in the class. I watched from the corner of my eyes as Ryland picked up the note with a frown marring his features. He studied the contents and then looked around the class for the culprit. When no one stared back, he shoved the paper in his jean pocket and then concentrated at what Mr Shettleston was teaching.

I smirked inwardly, thinking of the outcome of this whole situation.

Sav was definitely ambitious with what she wanted.

......................

So sorry for making you patiently wait for this. So I got to writing a few chapters just to get the hang of how I will structure and take this story.

I think I've succeeded. I just hope there won't be any sudden hindrance or Writers block.

Okay so if you're an online reader you might have noticed the image on the side, should we talk about that image or do you just agree with me that it's just PERFECTION?

Your votes and comments are much needed and welcomed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 14.1K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
2.7K 77 9
Daniel "Danny" Taylor was my best friend. He might be a boy and I might be a girl, but that had never mattered...until now. Now we were b...
452K 10.2K 36
Every girl should have their best guy friend take her virginity. At least, that's what I think. Yes, I'm that girl. That weird girl that always ask...
142K 5.8K 29
"How can you say that?!" I yell at him. "It's simple Korinna. You and I will never be friends again. And you can sit there all you want and pretend...