Caretaker | Urban

By yamalex

Athena Kelly is the most curious and shy girl you will ever meet. A straight A student and the most hated gir... More

Prologue:
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20. Part Two
21.
confused
22.
23.
23. (FR this time lmao)
24.
NEW BOOK
25.
Sorry :(
26.
200K
27.
28.
Okay
29. Part One
Umm...
30. Part Two
31.
32.
Irma
if you were wondering ...

19. Part One

79.1K 3.9K 1.8K
By yamalex

Athena Kelly

School was about to be a whole mess. I could already feel it in my spirit. I had done lots and lots of praying that my gut was wrong and it would be a super nice day. Boyd and I had been talking all weekend. He told me he was over me not showing up for the date as long as we could still go somewhere later. I got dressed in a basic t-shirt and jeans. I put my hair in a ponytail and slid into some flip flops before grabbing my backpack and heading out. I was on my own today since Amaru was going with my mom.

That was another situation I was nervous about because if my mom doesnt kill her, my dad will. She's in a crap load of trouble. I was probably more worried about my sister than myself.

The walk to school was pretty calm besides it being cold. I left my jacket at home so I was freezing but I didnt want to go back home so I stuck it out.

When I got to school, I headed straight to the cafeteria to get breakfast. They sold hot chocolate for a dollar too so I was going to buy a cup to warm me up some. There were always two lines set up in the morning for breakfast so I headed to the one with the cereal I liked. When I got in line someone walked up behind me.

"Hoes out here just triflin' I swear" I heard and rolled my eyes cause I instantly recognized the voice as Jamina. It completely ruined my vibe. I wasnt hungry anymore. I turned around and walked past her to go find a table to sit at.

"Oh so now hoes wanna run when they get called out on they shit?!" Jamina yelled. Her little posse started laughing. I kept walking towards an empty table I spotted. I knew she was following me but I wasnt in the mood for her today.

"I dont know who the hoe is" I said smartly.

"You! Out here fuckin' around with my man!" she yelled again. I massaged my temples because she was really aggravating. I told her I wanted nothing to do with her man, but behold, here she is trying to start with me over it.

"Bitch I know you heard me!" when she said that, I felt her shove me forward. Before I knew it, my fist connected with her jaw. It was a bad decision because I knew her friends would make their way over soon. People had been silently watching instead of gathering around and making noise like they usually did.

Jamina did what any girl that couldnt fight would do and started pulling my hair.  While she was doing that, I was trying to get as many hits in as I could before her friends jumped in or security put an end to it all. As I swung around to hit her again, someone pulled me away.

"What the fuck is you doin' ?!" the person sat me down in a chair and yelled to her. I looked up to see Boyd. I was trying to calm myself down as well as regulate my breathing. Thank God my hair was in a ponytail today so it wasnt messed up or anything.

"Move so I can fuck her up!" Jamina yelled while trying to get past him to me.

"Why the fuck you botherin' her? She'on be doin' shit but mindin' her business" he said and pushed her back towards where her friends were. I was surprised at two things. One, Boyd was sticking up for me. And two, no security guards had come to see what was up.

"The bitch been trynna fuck around with my boyfriend! She deserve her ass beat" Jamina yelled.

Boyd turned around to look at me. I shook my head no. "I told you before, I dont want anything to do with your boyfriend. I tutor him. Thats it" I said.

"Bitch you a lie. Why you was at his house this weekend?" Jamina said.

Boyd stared between the both of us clearly amused.

"She a whole ass lie" Jamina's friend Erika chimed in. I glared at them both.

Boyd laughed and looked at me, then back at Jamina. "Man, she wasnt wit' yo nigga. Trust me."

"Yes the fuck she was. He aint wanna chill with me, so she had to be wit' him. Thats the only way he would say no" Jamina tried to argue. She was obviously insecure and from what Cato had told me, they were no longer even a thing. Unless he was lying, she was crazy.

"Nah, she been with me this whole weekend, so how she was at his house?" he said. My eyes widened.

"How she was with you and you dont even like her? Matter fact, why you even takin' up for her?" she put her hand on her hip and leaned waiting for an answer.

"She my girl. Fuck you mean?" Boyd said. Everybody looked shocked as heck, including me. Boyd had just publicly said I was his girlfriend. Surprisingly, I wasnt uncomfortable that he had said that, but more uncomfortable that the part of the cafeteria that was listening was getting a nice cup of tea.

"Nuh uh" Erika squinted.

Boyd sucked his teeth. "Tell 'em baby. Ion know why you wanted us to keep this shit a secret" he turned around and to me and winked.

I went along with it. "Yeah, we've been together for a bit now" I said hoping Jamina would believe it and leave me alone finally.

The bell rang and I thanked God it did. Jamina rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Just stay away from Cato" she said before her and her minions walked away. I let out a deep sigh. Boyd grabbed my hand and pulled me with him out the cafeteria. I was trying to ask him where we were going but he was walking so fast that I could barely get the question out.

We ended up at his car, where he unlocked and opened the door for me to get in. I just stared at him confused. He pulled off his bomber jacket and handed it to me. "Put it on and get in the car" he chuckled and walked to the driver's side. I did as he said and put on the jacket then slid into the car.

"Thank you" I said to him. I

was honestly thankful for his presence today.

"Damn, a nigga got a thank you?" he smiled proudly.

I smirked. "Shut up before I take it back. Why are we in your car?" I asked him.

He smiled. "Because, since i'm kinda yo boyfriend now and all, you owe me a date" he started the car.

I just smiled. And at that point, I forgot all about school.

Amaru Kelly

I sat waiting in a room at the urgent care center my mom worked at. My mom seemed to be the knower of all things and the first thing she asked them to do was take a pee sample. She had to know I wasnt just sick. I was shitting bricks more than before. I thought she would just have the doctor ask me about my symptoms and give me some antibiotics or something. I was wrong.

My phone buzzed so I took it out to see what notification I had. Sonnie had texted me. I unlocked my phone and went to our thread. He had sent me a picture of the test results. I texted him back.

Me: I told you!

He texted me back.

Sonnell💞: Aight, well i'm comin' to get you tomorrow morning. Be Ready.

I smiled at the fact that he had taken it well. If he didn't, he would have called cursing me out by now. As I was texting him back, the door opened and in walked Doctor Davis. She closed the door behind her and gave me a serious look before handing me a paper.

I took it from her confused before scanning it. It was just saying that I was pregnant. Which I already knew. Apparently Doctor Davis could tell because she spoke. "You want me to tell her or you want to do it yourself?" she raised a brow.

I sighed. "I'll tell her." I may as well do it myself.

She nodded. "I'll go get her" she left the room. I automatically started shaking out of nervousness. Not only did I have to break this news to my mom, but when my dad found out, it was over. He never says it but I know i'm his favorite, and I hate that I have to become a disappointment to him.

The door opened, snapping me out of my thoughts. In walked my mom. "Something you need to tell me?" she looked really concerned.

I decided not to waste any time. "I'm pregnant" I blurted out. She just stared at me. I looked away ashamed.

"Don't act like you so full of shame now. Who is the father?" she said calmly but I could tell she was angry.

"Umm-"

She cut me off. "Is it that boy who's car I caught you hopping out of last week?"

I nodded slowly.

"Who is he?" she asked.

"Someone I met" I responded.

"Is he in school with you?"

I shook my head no. She paused and squinted at me. "How old is he?"

"Twenty two" I mumbled.

She chuckled and nodded. "And he has his own place?"

"Yes."

She smiled. "When we get home, after you break the news to your daddy. Call your lil' boyfriend and tell him you coming to stay with him. You wanna be grown. Go be grown. You and the grown ass man you laid down with."

"No mama, why?" tears started to spill from my eyes. She was really going to kick me out?

"I've done nothing but try to put you on the right path Amaru and you steady letting me down. Then you go and pull some shit like this? I cant even deal with you anymore. You gone run me into an early grave if I allow you. Aint no way in hell i'ma allow you to. If your daddy decides to let you stay, then thats on him but i'm sick and tired of you and your shit" she said. "Now get out of here and go back to sit in the office. I got stuff to do" she walked out angrily. I slowly stood, grabbing my things and made my way to the door while wiping my tears.

Just wait 'til daddy hears this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 8K 73
(BEFORE READING) -book 1 of "A Quiet Girl's Thug" -book 2 of "A Quiet Girl's Thug" -Book 3 of "A Quiet Girl's Thug" This is Book 1 of "Family edit...
225K 5.8K 57
Amyiah daughter of the famous and all mighty kingpin Lucas Johnson faces some obstacles with her friends and their problems as well ....She just so h...
135K 5.9K 26
FORMERLY TITLED "FATUM" Chosen as a Wattpad Featured Story in May 2017 There's a reason high school senior Athena Thorpe spends every available momen...
96.5K 1.9K 34
Athena Liveria is a 17 year old with the height of 4'9. The only thing shorter than her body was her temper Ryder Johnson, a senior like Athena. He...