A GIRL LIKE YOU > 80's URBAN...

By -brownscgar

❝YO, YOU BE ILLIN'!❞ In which a group of black teenagers face difficult obstacles and series of unexpected ci... More

CRINGE IF U WANNA.
TRIGGER WARNINGS!
Cast/Playlist
i.
ii.
iii.
iv
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi
xii
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii
xxiii.
xxvi.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
EPILOGUE | "CLASS OF 1989."
the note.
THE SEQUEL IS OUT

xviii.

1.6K 112 138
By -brownscgar

"W-w-what are you doing here?" I question him as Caine had the same reaction on my face, but with a slight smile.

"Well, damn, a nigga can't take a piss?" He answered as he placed his arm over my shoulder.

I quickly shoved it off. "Uh, is Jada here--"

I was cutted off when the obvious Jada arrived and made her way towards us.

She didn't look too delighted, since she saw me holding Caine's arm. "Well, happy New Years to you, too." She commented.

She then saw Caine and automatically hugged him, as she did that I was about to rip my hair and shriek on top of my lungs.

"Jada!" I yelled in a whisper tone. She turned around and faced me. "What's wrong?"

I grabbed her arm and opened the bathroom door. "Tyrin, we'll be right back with you."

I slammed the bathroom door shut. "Jada, are you crazy or you're just insane?"

"Girl, why you barking at me for? And what did I do--"

"Pac is here!" I exclaimed as her eyes shot up.

"Please, please tell me you are lying." Jada replied as she rubbed her temples.

"I'm not lying, I'm deadass, didn't you see Pac sitting down on the porch like 9 minutes ago?"

"What? No." Jada replied.

"Oh my god, he must roamed off somewhere with Raheem or something, look, if Pac comes back, don't bring him or Tyrin close together and don't stand near neither of them, okay?"

Jada gave me a narrowed look, then replied. "Fine."

"Good, don't drink too much alcohol either." W fled out of the bathroom and Caine was nowhere to be seen.

"Where the hell is he?" Jada whispered to me as I saw more packed crowd of people than I saw last time.

I looked everywhere in the energetic crowd until I saw Caine dapping a lightskin tall man who had a natural mean mug.

"Remember what I said." I reminded Jada as we walked down the stairs together.

We separated to our own ways as I made my way to the kitchen where most of the hoochies were and Jada headed to the backyard.

I grabbed a cold can of Coca-Cola from the blue icy cooler, then opened it as the foam exploded from the can and splattered all over my dress.

Some of the hoochies chuckled, throwing in some unnecessary and rude remarks as I wiped myself with a small white napkin.

I saw Patricia placing a bowl of brown pretzels while holding another bowl of potato chips.

"Hey, Patricia." I greeted her as she gave a small smile.

"Oh, hey....um......what's your name again?" She questioned with her face scrunched in perplexity.

"Nia, remember? Your brother's girlfriend?" I corrected her as her puzzled face quickly went away.

"Oh, hey Nia! Look, can you do me favor and place the chips on the small table in the center of the living room?--"

"Oh, I'm not su--" Without giving her a reply, she automatically placed the bowl of potato chips to me and fled.

I risen my left eyebrow at her as I sighed and walked towards the living room.

I bended over and put the bowl of chips down at the distinctive table. As I placed the chips down, I felt a constant touch behind back. "Hey, Nia, look I want you to meet somebody."

The voice definitely sounded like Caine, I quickly turned around and saw the same light skin tall dude he was dapping with a few minutes ago.

I gave a small but fake smile at him. "Oh, who's this?"

"I want you to meet my cousin, Harold." He introduced me to him. So this is what i nearly broke my back for just to meet somebody else's relative?

"Hi, I'm Tyrin's friend, Nia." I greeted myself to him with my hand out as he shot me a smile back.

He licked his lips at me. "You already know it, baby." He seductively remarked as he shook my hand.

I. Was. Beyond. The. Urge. Of. Disgust.

I gave a nervous chuckle as Caine chimed in the moment, thankfully. "Is my homeboy Renz around here?" Caine said as he made his way to the kitchen.

We followed behind him. "No, he's kicking it at A-Wax's crib, obviously them fools are gonna pull a random 187 at some people tonight." I replied as Caine gave small giggles, taking the last 40 bottle out of the cooler.

Some of the hoochies behind us were giggling and smiling at Caine and Harold as they swirled their hand with their stiff weave and licking their crusty lips at them.

"Damn, man, that's the last Old English?" Harold said to Caine as he opened the cap of the bottle.

"Jeah, nigga, why, you want some?" Caine asked him.

"Duh." He obnoxiously replied. Caine gave a small chuckle. Afterwards, suddenly Pac and Raheem stormed in with two more packs of 40's.

"Ayyy, free 40's for everybody!" Raheem yelled as some people impetuously grabbed some bottles out of the packs, some of bottles even dropping. Meanwhile, Pac roamed off to the backyard where mostly everyone was there.

"Never mind." Harold walked over where everyone was mailing Raheem for the 40's was, simply grabbed a unbroken 40 bottle from the floor, and came back.

Caine gulped half of the liquor inside the bottle, giving a small belch. "You want some, Nia?" He asked me.

I looked at it as disgust veiled my face. "Caine, that bottle smells.....like.....I don't even know but I know it's nasty."

Caine sucked his teeth as he placed the bottle on the table. "Why you always gotta be so tender?"

"I don't know, maybe because I don't wanna overdose on strong liquor such as these." I referred to the bottle as I held it and placed it on the table.

"Shit ain't that strong, though." He remarked as he took another sip.

"Shit, man. You wanna kick it in the backyard?" Harold asked Caine as Harold quickly gulped on the bottle.

My jaw nearly dropped as he did that, then less than a few seconds later, the bottle was completely empty, as Harold gave a refreshed "Ah."

Some of the hoochies behind us started hummed in a seductive way as she licked her lips.

I gave a surprised smirk then a gullible scoff as I turned back. "Aight, let's go." Caine answered as they made started to exit out of the kitchen.

Wait a second, isn't Jada and Pac.....

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, this cannot be happening. I blocked the two from leaving the kitchen. "Um, why can't we stay here? I mean, it's getting a little cold outside and I suggest that we should stay here in this nice.....warm environment." I awkwardly spoke as Caine narrowed his eyes at me.

"Warm environment? Girl, the party is mostly in the backyard, over here is full of screwed bitches and high school freshmen, now if you can just scoot a little--"

I cutted Caine off. "Uh, no, I can't do that....I mean.....there maybe a....shooting?" I ran out of ideas to persuade Caine to go out to the backyard.

Caine softly pushed me over as his Harold followed right behind him. "What's up with your homegirl, man?" Harold questioned.

"I don't know, she probably got the strange attitude from Larenz." Caine remarked as they headed outside.

I ran my right hand through my heat-curled hair as I followed them to the backyard. I immediately saw Jada talking to Pac as Yella DJ'ed the tracks for the party.

I saw Caine licking his lips and giving his 40 bottle to Harold, "Hold up for a minute, I'm gonna go speak with my girl for a sec."

I started walking rapidly in through the dancing crowd, following Caine as he started heading towards Jada.

"Aight, y'all, we got 2 minutes left before we say goodbye to 1988, suckas!" An unexpectedly drunk Cube yelled on the microphone as Ren, Yella, and Dre laughed behind him.

Eric snatched the microphone from Cube, then remarked. "Man, don't be yelling through my microphone with that funky 40 breath of yours, man, get outta here!" He yelled to the microphone as some of the girls laughed.

I got behind Caine, hand gesturing Jada to stop talking to Pac.

She saw my signals as her face was puzzled. "Caine is coming!" I mouthed as everyone started counting down from 60.

Jada's face got more perplexed as the time started to slip down more faster, continuing with 41.

She then looked back at Pac and continued to speak to him, as they exchanged each other smiles. From Caine's reaction, I could see that he wasn't delighted from what he is seeing.

"20, 19, 18, 17...." people continued to chant the time as Cube, Ren, Q and Raheem started to arrange the fireworks.

Caine walked in front of Jada. "Hey, Jada." As he said that, her eyes widened in reaction.

Pac's face scrunched up and gave him a mean mug. "Who is you?" He questions sternly as Caine gave the same reaction back.

"And who the fuck are you?" He clapped back as Pac started to get closer to him as he balled his fists up.

Jada stepped in front of him and told him to stop, but Pac pushed her, making her tumble a bit.

"Can y'all stop for minute, please?" Jada barked as some people glared.

"Jada, who the fuck is this nigga, coming around here and tryna get with you?" Pac barked at Jada.

Aaliyah gazed at the moment, but this time, she looked disappointed and furious as she risen an eyebrow and looked at Jada.

"Get with her? So you're defending Jada, now Pac?" Aaliyah chimed in as some people oohed.

I was about to step in until I felt a grip hold onto my right arm, turning around and seeing it was Eric.

"10, 9, 8,..." people continued to chant.

"Why won't you step outta this, Aaliyah?" Jada barked at Aaliyah as she gave her a mean mug.

"Damn, these niggas always coming around here with drama." Eric whispered as he glared at the moment.

"7, 6, 5, 4...."

"Why won't your nappy headed ass make me? Look at you, tryna be like me and look me, flat iron ain't even a good look on you!" Aaliyah clapped back as more people bystander and reacted to her stern remark.

"3....."

"Nigga, you better get your black ass outta my face before I'll lace your ass." Caine barked at Pac.

"You better make me, partner, you see me still standing right here, huh? Don't do it, nigga, don't do it." Pac growled at Caine.

"2....."

"Bitch, who the fuck wants to be like you with your lesbian dyke looking ass? Fuck outta here, dumb bitch." Jada hollered as she stepped further towards Aaliyah.

Aaliyah continued to give her a stern look, the stepped more further towards Jada. "What was that?"

"1, happy new year!" People shouted as Eric leaned in and started to kiss me and the fireworks started blasting out of nowhere.

Just a note, this was the most romantic slash terrible moment of my life. I gave soft moans as i placed my hands over his neck.

Then, I heard a loud thud hit to the ground. We quickly cutted off the kiss as we saw Pac and Caine having a brawl on the ground.

Jada screamed as she tried to push Pac off from punching Caine constantly, but Pac pushed her to the ground. "Fuck you, bitch! I thought we actually had something! You ain't nothing but a dull ass trick!"

Jada's lower lip was bleeding a little bit, as Aaliyah's face was covered in shock. "So you were seeing her, huh?" Aaliyah loudly questioned Pac as the fireworks continue to blast.

Pac looked at Aaliyah with a sorry look, as Aaliyah's eyes started to go red and small streams of tears started streaming down her cheek.

Then, unexpectedly, Caine and Harold started to jump on Pac, pushing him to the ground and started giving rapid, but sore punches.

Q and Raheem pushed them off Pac and started punching each other as people started screaming and yelling.

"Oh, shit, get in there, get in there!" Ren yelled through the microphone as he bursts out laughing.

Jada gave high pitched shrieks as Aaliyah just stood there with her arms crossed, giving Pac a mean glare.

"So, you're just gonna stand there and watch?" Jada relentlessly barked at Aaliyah once again.

Aaliyah shot Jada a mean glare also, finally remarking, "He's yours now." She started walk away from the scene, shoving Jada along the way.

Eric stepped in. "Aye, aye, aye, chill!" He held Pac back as Ren, Yella, and Dre held Q and Raheem back. 

"Fuck these marks, man, we out!" Caine growled as he wiped the blood from his top lip.

"The fuck y'all staring at?" Harold harshly questioned everyone who gazed at him. They made their way out of the backyard and started heading inside.

"Wait, Caine!" Jada yelled for him as she ran for him inside.

Pac shot her an evil look, then mumbled, "trick ass bitch," lowly.

"Alright, well the party's gonna be on hold....for a while." Eric stated as everyone groaned.

"I think it's my time for me to go home now, since it is getting way too late." I told Eric as I kissed him on the cheek.

"Aight, you want me to ride you or--"

"No, it's okay, I'll walk." I lied nervously as I started heading inside, immediately started to follow where Jada, Caine and Harold was.

I went through the front door and saw Jada going inside a 1989 Cherry Red Mercedes Benz,  I'm guessing it's Caine's ride.

I gave a small huff. "Hey, Jada!" I yelled for her as I ran towards to the vehicle. She opened the door, giving me a dull stare.

I sat in the backseat with her as she moved over to the left side and sucked her teeth. I closed the door as Harold and Caine complained about the scene.

"Man, I was about to knock his ass out until that short ass nigga gotta butt in." Harold complained to Caine as he faced foward with a mean mug on his face.

"C''mom, son. Let's just get the fuck outta here." Caine told Harold as Harold started the car.

He started off speeding for a minute, making me hold onto to the backseat door, but later slowed down and drove at a medium speed.

We were at a red light around Crenshaw, and everyone was silent until Caine spoke. "So you were fucking with that nigga, huh?" Caine questioned an angered Jada as she glared out the window.

"What nigga?" She replied in a monotone.

"You know what nigga i'm fucking talking about." Caine sternly said as she faced Caine.

".....No, we were just friends." She lied.

With benefits, though. I couldn't believe what she was saying. I really wanted to tell the truth and say that they were seeing each other as Pac was with Aaliyah, and Jada was with Caine.

But if I do, then I can kiss our whole entire friendship goodbye.

A dark vehicle drove right next to us, as fireworks can still be heard blasting from blocks away.

Suddenly, a man with dark disguise and a juror curl with black locs came out of the vehicle with a 9 mill pointing towards at Harold's head.

Jada gave a dramatic gasp then muttered "Fuck", as I froze from fear.

"Get your ass up out of the car, nigga!" The man told Harold.

Another nigga pointed an AK-47 at us. "Get the fuck out, break yo' self, nigga, break yo' self!"he barked.

"Goddamn, ain't this a bitch!" Harold loudly cursed as Caine's face was puzzled but mixed with fear, also.

This is why I don't like being around Crenshaw at night, shit like this always happens to people, but I never expected it to happen to me.

"Shit!" Jada whispered in a loud tone.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch!" The night holding the AK-47 yelled at Jada as I closed my eyes and held my hands up, taking deep breaths.

I opened them a little bit, looking at the vehicle seeing that there are more than 2 niggas in the car pointing their gats straight right at us.

"Get your motherfucking ass out the car!" The nigga with locs repeated again.

"Aight, aight, nigga chill." Harold replied with irritation in his voice.

He faced Caine. "Caine get out the car, man. Y'all too." He informed us as my left leg was shaking in fear. I was trying to not let tears fall down my face, because this is a do-or-die moment.

And well, I may die in this moment.

"Don't make me rush you nigga, get your ass up out the car before I smoke you!" The guy with locs constantly repeated as the others from the car starting yelling insults and persuading us to get out the car.

"Aight, nigga, I'm coming." Harold told them as he pulled out an Beretta 9mm when Jada and Caine slowly opened the car door and started to get out the car.

Meanwhile, Me, I was too frightened to get out of the car, I started to shift slowly out the car as the niggas kept on barking at Harold, telling him to leave the car.

"Nia, what the fuck are you doing? Get your ass out of the car!" Jada yelped in fear.

As I was about to make my way out the vehicle, gun shots started blaring.

"Nigga, fuck you!" I heard one of the niggas yell as blood splattered all over the window.

I shrieked as I swiftly got out the car and fell flat on the sidewalk. The next thing I knew, I saw Harold's car getting driven away by them.

I saw Harold's shivering body as his head was constantly bleeding. I looked forward and fell into shock when I saw Jada and Caine both got shot.

I screamed as I got up from the sidewalk, Caine was limping towards a bus stop seating when he got shot in the chest, as Jada was gasping for air when she got shot in the stomach.

No, no, no, no, no. Not now. Please, not now. Harold's shivering body stopped, which I assume that he's dead.

"Help, can anyone help us?" I yelled for help as I limped on the sidewalk. I noticed a familiar car around a empty dull gas station, seeing Larenz, Keisha, A-Wax and Stacy facing me with shock.

"Shit, is that Nia? C'mom, nigga, drive!" Renz pressured A-Wax as they sped off the gas station's platform.

The car's wheels screeched as it stopped and Keisha, Stacy and Larenz starting picking up Jada and Caine.

Please, god, please don't take them away.

I cried hysterically as Wax sat me down in the backseat and Renz carried Caine to the front seat, as Stacy helped Jada to the backseat right next to me as Jada cried in pain.

"Oh-oh, god!" She yelled as she cried and gasped for air.

"Wait, you can't leave Harold down there!" Keisha told Wax as she looked at a deceased Harold.

"That nigga is dead, now let's go!" Wax ignored Harold's dead body as he started speeding off to the nearest hospital.

What a great way to kick off 1989.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.8K 1.9K 29
{Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved} "I'm not invisible, I'm right here" ∆ 3 years in the future ∆ ♥Tinashe & Eazy E♥ ∆ TRILOGY ∆ book 1: "straig...
6.5K 330 22
𝟏𝟒 𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐢, 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚. 𝐖...
10.7K 261 23
𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄; 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫, 𝐨�...
107K 3.7K 56
#4 / Toxic / 313 🗣 EXPLICIT AN ALL MY OWN CONTENT! 🗣 Growing Up is Hard But A few Teens figure out the fast life is Kinda Fun.