Neglected Desires

By purplecandlelight

Alexa and Prince have been friends for years, but now it feels like something has changed. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 32

1.1K 96 58
By purplecandlelight

The month of May flew by without me even realizing it. After that morning nothing more was said about that small article that seemed to have caught the attention of everyone at Paisley Park, but no one else of note. I heard whispers around the complex that the director of Child Protective Services had reached out to Prince to apologize for that information getting out to the media and whispers that Prince had been in contact with the paper over the article and the conduct of the journalist who wrote the article. It was all whispers, noone, not even Prince brought the issue up too me again. It was as if it never happened, and that was his way of dealing with it for me. At first the idea bothered me, it made me feel as though he didn't think I could handle something like this, but after a few days of dwelling on those few small paragraphs I started to accept that maybe I wasn't able to handle that sort of thing and maybe I was alright with that. So I let it go. Prince had promised to handle the problem, so I stopped worrying about it and put my trust in him to take care of it and take care of me.

Once that all seemed to pass we fell back into a comfortable rhythm; Prince was spending as much time as possible rehearsing and trying to get the band in perfect shape for the upcoming tour and when he wasn't rehearsing he was working on material for a new album, one he was determined would be released next year. I on the other hand stayed busy catching up with a few local friends before I left the country, working on a handful of writing projects I'd already been contracted to complete before the end of the month and also keeping my eye on Adrienne. After our last few interactions and knowing that she would be working closely with Prince while we were on tour I decided having her close to me was better than having her as an outright enemy. I still didn't trust her and had a very clear impression that she would happily make a move as soon as an opening appeared.

Overall the month was really very quiet. Alysha hadn't even been a blip on my radar after the article incident and I tried to silence my nagging fear about Kevin's wellbeing by telling myself we had done what any reasonable person would do in reporting Alysha and now the entire situation was in the hands of the authorities. At least once a day something would remind me of him and I would have to tell myself there was nothing more I could do, and as the end of the month quickly approached I found it easier and easier to convince myself that the situation was being handled.

Now here we are at the end of May, in less than 48 hours we would all be boarding a plane and heading to the Netherlands for the first show. Prince has basically been missing in action for the last 24 hours. I'd neither seen him nor heard his voice through the complex. He'd been bouncing between rehearsing, recording, wardrobe, meetings finalizing some additional shows and who know s what else. Every time I asked people where he was I'd go to where they directed me and it was always as if I'd just missed him; finally I gave up and decided if nothing else I'd see him once we all got on the plane. So here I am, standing in our bedroom, my suitcase splayed out on the floor in the corner of the room as I took inventory of everything in what has become our shared walk in closet. Running my right hand cautiously over the smooth fabrics of his shirts hanging in order of color, and glancing over to my little corner of the small room holding my day to day clothes; jeans, yoga pants, a few pairs of nice slacks, a couple party dresses. I was going to look like a roadie compared to him. I could feel the worry starting to show on my face the longer I thought about that. As well as I knew him, I knew for sure he wasn't going to be seen around town with me looking like that. Maybe he wouldn't be going out much besides the shows I pondered and the very next thought turned my stomach. Maybe he would be going out, but without me. My heart started pounding hard as I worried about that prospect; who would he have on his arm while I'm back at the hotel?

"Just hanging out in the closet these days?" the slightest laugh in that deep voice caught me before I could fall head first into a pool of worry, his arms wrapping around my waist, as his body came up flush against mine.

"I've been looking for you." my voice soft as he landed a quick peck on the left side of my neck before resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Sorry, it's always crazy right before we leave." nodding in acceptance of his words while he gently started swaying our bodies to the sound of music I could only assume was playing in his mind. "So, why are you hanging out in the closet mama?"

"I was gonna start packing."

"Just take that little black strapless dress you have, that's all you need out of this closet."

"Prince I think I'll need more clothes than that for the next few months." his infectious laugh wrapped around me as he turned me around, finally coming face to face with the man whose makeup was perfectly done, hair pulled back into a very neat low ponytail his black button up shirt half unbuttoned.

"You need to go down to wardrobe tonight, I've had them make you some new outfits and they need to be fitted." his eyes moved over my face as he casually moved my hair back from the side of my face. Knuckles brushing over my right cheek as I felt my skin turning red at his attention.

"Oh. . ." my words cut short by the shrill sound of the rarely used phone on the bedside table coming to life. An apologetic look covered his features as he landed his lips against mine briefly before going to silence the invasive noise. Drawing a deep breath and letting the worry from moments earlier completely dissolve.  I would be on his arm, he was making sure of that. True to his word, he was taking care of me and I couldn't help but let the corniest smile ever lift my lips at that thought.

"Alexa." walking out of the closet a few minutes later I found Prince sitting on the side of the bed, a concerned look marring his soft features, as he reached out the receiver toward me. He slid back farther on the bed as I took the receiver and brought it to my ear.

"Hello?" firm arms wrapped around me, pulling me down to sit between his legs on the soft mattress.

"Alexa!" The little, slightly squeaky voice caused a wave of relief to crash over me.

"Kevin honey! Oh my god, how are you? are you ok?" the pressure of Prince's chin on my shoulder reminded me that he was still with me and the concerned look I'd witnessed on his features moments ago filled my head.

"I'm sorry if I made you mad." there was a caution in his young voice that had never been present before, a caution that no child that young should have.

"Mad? Kevin I'm not mad at you. Why would you think I'm mad?" The answer was already running through my mind and causing my stomach to turn.

"Daddy told me you were mad, because I bothered you and that's why you haven't been back." as Prince's grip around me tightened I realized the phone was loud enough for him to hear.

"No honey, I wasn't mad. I had so much fun with you." the slightest crack rang in my voice, a large hand laid flat against my thigh, smoothing over the fabric of my jeans. "Prince and I both had so much fun. Kevin," my mouth went completely dry as I tried to force the words past my lips, "honey are you alright?"

"Daddy moved back in." This small child was already a pro at not answering questions and I chewed nervously on my bottom lip as I contemplated what that meant.

"Is he being nice to you?"

"Him and mommy are loud." his voice getting quieter

"What do you mean? Yelling at each other?"

"I have to go, they're home. Bye Alexa." with that the line went dead and I was left wondering what the hell was really going on in that apartment and more importantly how was it effecting that poor child. The loud dial tone began to quiet as Prince grabbed the receiver, reaching over to place it back on the cradle. Kevin didn't sound like he was hurt, but the way he didn't answer any of my questions made me wonder. Maybe there was nothing behind that, but maybe there was.

"He apologized to me too." The deep timbre of his voice told me the call had shaken him slightly. Nodding my head softly to acknowledge his words, I still couldn't find the right words. "They told him we're mad at him, that doesn't, I mean, just, what the fuck is wrong with them?"

"I don't know what else to do." My words mumbled as I chewed nervously on my bottom lip replying events as they unfolded last time Kevin's dad moved back in. "Last time his dad lived there, he nearly killed Alysha." 

"I'll make sure this phone is forwarded to security while we're gone so if he calls they can help or they can try to reach you." The tone in his voice told me he wanted to do more, but we had both accepted there wasn't anything we could legally do.

"Thank you Prince" shaky fingers entwining with his on my thigh. Less than 48 hours and we'd be gone and while I knew there was nothing I could do for Kevin while I was in town, the idea of being across the world made me feel even worse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.8K 9K 29
Lara pensaba que Toni era el amor de su vida, pero dejó de serlo hace mucho, después del primer golpe que recibió por su parte cuando estaba embaraza...
58.6K 3.5K 9
El maldito NTR pocas veces hace justifica por los protagonistas que tienen ver a sus seres queridos siendo poseidos por otras personas, pero ¿Qué suc...
347K 55.3K 27
Park Jimin, un padre soltero. Por culpa de una estafa termina viviendo con un completo extraño. Min Yoongi, un hombre solitario que guarda un triste...
379K 54.7K 39
Una sola noche. Dos mujeres lesbianas. ¿Un embarazo? ¡Imposible!