Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

Proven Wrong

23.6K 722 367
By GeekEvergirl

.............................................................
HAPPY NEW YEAR AMAZING PEOPLE! I hope you have an amazing year filled with happiness, and that you manage to keep up with your new year's resolutions! I try my best to keep my resolutions realistic, ones that I really will try to accomplish. Though last year's went down the drain... but really, it was Shawn's fault! After I found his music my resolution just turned meaningless.

I wanted to ask you guys a question... what do you feel about me starting an imagines book? Would you read it or is it a bad idea? Please leave your opinion on this! And I will warn you that I wouldn't abandon this story, and either the next fanfic that I am planning. I would just drop imagines whenever I had ideas, and yeah that's really it.

Now I feel like the last chapter and this one were kind of boring, but really things will change a lot from next chapter onwards!

Enjoy :)
Xxx,
Sara
.............................................................
Sadie's POV:
"Oh come on Shawn, you know we love annoying you!" I say, opening my arms for him to hug me, but squinting his eyes at me menacingly, he turns his back to me and folds his arms.

"You know I missed you." He grumbles. "And you still did that."

"And you know I missed you too!" I argue, but he doesn't budge. I let my arms fall, and turn to Aaliyah. "Well, he's the one that looses. He can't complain when I refuse to kiss him."

"What?!" Shawn turns back around, and I laugh a little, knowing that I hit his soft spot. If there was a threat that could really have an effect on him, other than "You won't have muffins.", would be this one. "Come back here let hug you!"

I thought of running away, knowing that this would annoy him even more, but I had some mercy on the boy. Besides, I really wanted to hug him
too. I had missed him so much.

Being back in his arms made it really sink in. I was here, right in his safe arms and beside Aaliyah. And I couldn't feel happier.

"I missed you princess." He says still hugging me tight.

"I missed you too."

Shawn went in to kiss me, but just before he did, Aaliyah coughs, smiling innocently as he glared at her.

"So aren't you going to introduce us to Sadie, Shawn?" Someone says.

"Oh, right." Shawn says, kind of forgetting for a moment that they were there. "So Sadie, this is my band."

Shawn goes on to introduce each member of his band individually, and they were all incredibly warm to me. Even though except Aaliyah, everyone here was so older than me, I somehow felt really comfortable around everyone, they were really welcoming.

After staying there talking for a while, Shawn had to go do the meet and greets and soundcheck, and as I was incredibly hungry and Aaliyah still hadn't lunched yet, we both went to eat something. We talked nearly everyday since we met, still, it seemed that there were things to catch up on. Aaliyah told me about all the drama in her school that she hadn't told me already yet, and I said about the drama at mine too, though I was only up to date with the drama inside my circle of friends.

Aaliyah laughs as I told her one more crazy thing that one of my friends did, and she puts her cup of strawberry smoothie down, and sighs. "Your school and friends sound so fun. I wish I could go there too, you know? I never seem to find a true friend in that hell I call a school."

I felt incredibly sorry for her. I knew exactly what she was talking about.

"You will, just give some time. If you don't you can always find one when you go to high school and change schools. But I will still be here."

She smiles at me, and gets one chicken nugget from the box that there was in between us. "Thank you Sadie. I am so glad Shawn found you and decided to date you."

I smile back. "Me too." We eat in silence for a moment, until she decides to speak up.

"We need to find more ways to annoy Shawn this Summer."

I laugh. "Yeah, we certainly do. Did you see him earlier?" I laugh even more, recalling his expression. Aaliyah joins in too, and then it is just both of us laughing until out stomachs hurt.

"Oh I did. That's exactly why we need to do more of this."

***

Everyone laughs once again as Shawn grumbles under his breath after I just made yet another point in our round of table tennis, and lets just say I was beating him.

"Oh I am just getting warmed up, you'll see." He insists, preparing himself to serve. After the soundcheck we had some time left until the concert started, and we came here to play table tennis, a thing they all like to do a lot on tour.

"Dude, just admit it." Dave his bassist says, looking at Shawn's focused squinted eyes and posture. "Your girlfriend owns you at table tennis."

Shawn only glares at him, and after turning back to our game with the most concentrated gaze I have ever seen, he hits the tiny ball with his racket with incredible precision. It was a perfect serve, but nothing I couldn't handle. I hit the ball in a way I knew would make it go incredibly fast and hit the other side of the net, but still without it getting out.

Table tennis was a game I had played a lot when I was little with my dad, who loved to play it. He teached me all of his tricks, to the point he regretted teaching them to me as I became a good competitor. Again, I will highlight the past tense of the verb.  I had played a lot. We hadn't played this since nearly ten years ago.

I smile a little as I see that the ball went just the way I wanted it to go, and the next thing I know, the ball bounces on the table, and is soaring right past Shawn's head.

"Ok, I quit, you are right. Sadie, you beat me." He says, throwing his racket onto the table as we all chuckled at his expression. The way his lips were pouted and the loss made all of his features fall, he could look like a 5 year old. Shawn was a really bad loser.

"Oh come on Shawn." I say walking over to him, and rubbing my hand up and down along his arm to comfort him. "Table tennis is not your thing, but there are other things you are so good at that it is difficult for anyone to beat you."

"Like?" He asks me, and I only stare back at him.

"You're kidding right?"

He blinks at me for a moment like he just forgot the reason behind why he was in this exact building, and his whole freaking carrier. Then his eyes widen. "Oh, right. Music."

I roll my eyes, shaking my head as I laugh at the boy who was about to turn nineteen but sometimes acted like a person not even half his age. But that also, in a matter of seconds, he could have the mentality of a 50 year old wise man, believe it or not.

Suddenly people come in, and tell us how it is nearly time, and that Shawn's opening act should start in a bit. People everywhere start getting busy and doong things, and I just felt so useless. But I also didn't want to mess up anything. Shawn takes me with him along the corridors, until this point where I could already hear the sound of the thousands of people in that audience tonight, talking and fangirling.

Soon, the band was all in a circle, and they all wished each other good luck, and rubbed this crew member's bald head, a ritual of them. I chuckled as I saw this, and remembered how I had seen this in one of the videos of the tour diaries of his first tour.

"That's cool, having a ritual and all. You guys seem really close." I say to Shawn as we walk closer to the stage, until he stops talking.

"We are. It's just like a family. One that now you will be part of." He smiles at me, and I smile back. "Now," he says, directing me towards this place where I could sit down and had a great view of the stage. "You can watch the concert here, well if you want to of course."

I laugh lightly at this. "Of course I do. You forget sometimes that I am still a fan. Plus, it has been over a year since the last time and first time I have seen you perform on a arena. I miss it."

We stand there in silence as people around us are moving everywhere like as fast as bees, making sure that the show will go smoothly. "You know princess?" He asks, and I look at him, waiting for him to carry on. "We have a ritual already, but we could have one of our own."

"Oh really?" I ask, already knowing what he would suggest by the fake innocent smile on his lips. "And what do you suggest?"

"Um... what about a good luck kiss?" He asks, pretending that he just came up with this idea on the spot, and I couldn't help but laugh at this. He smiles as I laugh, and by pulling him closer by the back of his neck, I connect our lips. We both smile into the kiss, happy to be next to each other and actually being able to do things like normal couples do, like hold hands, hug and kiss.

As we part, Shawn's opening act leaves the stage, and one staff member comes to warn Shawn that he was about to go in. He pulls me into a hug, and I look up to him. "Go do what you are best at; rock that stage. And have fun." I smile, and he does too back. However I could see a bit of nervousness building up in his features.

"I will, and it is even better that you are here. Thanks for coming." He pulls the strap of his guitar over his head, and smiles at me.

"No problem." He puts on his earpiece, and just after he gives me a last smile, that's the last I see of him, as the lights of the stage turn out and everything is pitch black, except for a flashlight guiding him to the stage in the dark. With that, off his goes, and when the lights turn back on, the whole arena shakes with the sound of thousands and thousands of fans screaming and cheering for him.

I sang along and watched him performing with a huge smile on my face, and this just made me realize how surreal this was. How the last time I felt like this, I was in the middle of all of the fans, singing my lungs out and wishing that I could meet him and thank him for everything he did for me without even knowing. Yet here I am a bit over a year later, watching him again, but this time I was here backstage with him throwing me ocasional glances and smiles, and he sang a whole different set of songs.

He was so amazing, he had grew so much as an artist. Shawn had manage to mind blown me when I went to see him the first time live, but now... he had improved so much, it was so crazy. He sang with so much passion, I wished I could be like him, have this amount of passion for what I do for a living. It was so weird to think that my idol was also my boyfriend.

As I watched him, a memory of before I met him came at me, just after I had came from Madrid but before the New York trip.

I grunted to myself as the teacher repeated once again topic 9 because people thought he was speaking Japonese when he started teaching topic 10, and I let my face fall into my folded arms.

"What's up with you?" Violet asked me, already giving up in understanding Chemistry.

"This, my friend, is called PCD." I explained, and felt this huge pang on my chest as I remembered how I felt so euphoric at his show, and how this feeling was now over and I felt so empty. I missed it so much.

"PCD what?" She asked again, confused, thinking I went crazy.

"Post Concert Depression." I cleared.

She snorts a little. "Does that really exist?"

"I don't know. I saw it on Instagram once and I just thought the term was really suiting."

We stayed in silence for a few moments, and watched the teacher explain topic 9 once again, unaware of (or maybe just completely ignoring) the fact that no one was paying attention. I would pay attention, but I was so off lately, other things were on my mind. And besides, I knew this topic already.

"You know, sometimes I just feel like I am wasting my time. Like right now for example." I stated, not really thinking of what I was saying. Violet payed attention to my words, waiting for me to explain furthermore.
"I am here, being taught something for the thousandth time that I already know, when I could be doing something so much better and that made me happy."

I sighed once again, letting my face fall on my folded arms one more time. "Why are things so unfair? Why couldn't I be right now, at maybe, his concert? Oh wait, maybe I could do a thing where I travel by day, and at night went to every of his concerts? Gosh, that would be a dream come true."

Violet chuckled as she heard what I said, an apologetic look on her face. "Yeah, I know you would like that. But don't worry, just wait 'till you meet him and fall in love, and then he will take you to all of his concerts." She said encouragingly. I smiled a little as I heard what she said, something that she always seemed to say when she wanted to cheer me up whenever I was sad with the fact that meeting Shawn seemed so impossible, but that deep down both of us knew would never happen.

I smile a little at this thought, getting once again mind blown at how life can make turns so abruptly. I guess that both Violet and I were proven so wrong.

Shawn ends the concert with an incredible performance of "Stitches", and he leaves the stage, much to the crowd's dismay as they chanted "One more! One more!". He came over straight to me, and even though he looked like he had given all of his energy out there, beads of sweat trickling down his face, he adorned this huge smile that seemed to reflect on every single of his feature.

"What did you think?" He asks me as he reaches for a water bottle.

"You were incredible." I say, kind of in disbelief that he didn't know the answer for this.

"But I messed up a bit on 'Never be Alone' with the chords, and also lost my breath a bit on 'Mercy', and I forgot a bit the words of 'Three Empty Words' and-"

"I didn't notice, and I doubt that anyone did. A good professional doesn't freak out when doing mistakes and handles the situations with calm, and that is what you did. You were amazing Shawn, don't be so harsh on yourself."

He finally accepts my positive feedback, and with that, we walk together to his dressing room, as we had to wait for a while for the number of fans to dissipate a bit so we could go to the hotel. Suddenly I remember how it had been back in Madrid after the concert, girls running out of the arena and going to every possible exit in order to get a glimpse of Shawn, the streets around it so flooded with girls that cops had to come to keep an eye out. How girls everywhere climbed on some railings to dangerous heights so they had a better view, and how they desperately wrote their Twitter names backwards on the windows of his bus so he could read them, and possibly, follow them. It had been certainly a new experience for me to see that all.

After an hour, we made our way out, and even so, there were still many fans. Shawn took as many pictures as he could, and even though I just tried to discreetly go to the black Jeep with Aaliyah, fans also wanted pictures with us somehow. We finally made it to the car, and with that, we went to the hotel.

I knew that it wouldn't be like this everyday, as many concerts were one right after another, and we would have to sleep in the bus as we travelled. But now our next stop was San Diego, and there was a day between today and the following concert, so tomorrow we didn't have to hurry so much and do things a bit more calmly.

We arrived at the hotel, where I had promised Aaliyah that we would watch a movie together. I was incredibly tired from the long hours of flight, though I thought I could hold up.

"Wait, you guys are watching a movie? I want to go too!" Shawn complained, and so he was invited to the movie session as well. After taking a long shower and swapping into more sleep adequate clothes, Shawn joined us at the room Aaliyah and I were sharing and we all decided to lie down on my bed so we could all see Aaliyah's laptop.

Turns out I was wrong. The second I hit that bed; Shawn cuddled up with me; my eyelids slid shut and I wasn't able to open my eyes again. I had quite the couple of weeks ahead of me, and I couldn't be more excited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 107K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
411K 19.1K 53
He didn't mean to walk into that room, but he was glad he made that mistake. All Rights Reserved 2014 © Meghan Aline "This is the cutest story I ever...
13.7M 416K 72
▪ "Have you guys ever considered competition with other bands in the music industry?" The interviewer asks the boys. "We aren't really into any compe...
42.8K 807 48
COMPLETED! When Joshua Matthews and Maya Hunter see each other for the first time in ages the last thing on their mind was marrying. Now that is exac...