Chronicles of a Spector's Red...

By DaxonIslander

The Spector department is dedicated to capturing and returning Demons to Hell, under the direct command of A... More

Supernatural.
Case #1: (Xavieus) Pt.1
Case #1 (Xaveus) Pt. 2
Report and Reassignment.
The Church.
Phantoms
Good and Evil
Hunt the Witch Doctor...
Case #2: -Unknown-
Case #2: -Unknown- Pt. 2

The Man in The Mirror.

144 13 1
By DaxonIslander

(A/N I repeat I am NOT trying to divert, belittle, or demoralize the Christian religion. This just makes for a good stroy.)

Seth looked left to find who called his name. But no origin could be traced. Seth looked down at the candle in his hand; he thought the candle was supposed to deter any spirits that would intend him grief.

"Seth" The low dark voice called again, Seth looked back down stairs to hear Gloria cleaning the kitchen. 'It could be her son Ken trying to play a prank' Seth thought, he struck the Spector as that kind of person.

  "Seth, come to me."  The voice growled,

  Seth stood skeptical, he arose his candle higher to give him better sight down the hallway, but nothing to be found. He stood in silence waiting for the voice to speak again, a familiar chill, and eerie silence crept onto him, he took in the scent of... Cigar smoke?

  Seth sniffed the air, wondering where the scent had come from, his head snapped left as he heard the creak of a door opening. The dim light of the candle revealed a distorted shadow entering the room on the door, but nothing to cast the shadow Seth had seen move. Seth rubbed his visible eye, perhaps it was just his imagination.

  "COME!" Barked the voice again, Seth was certain it was from the door that had just opened. But he couldn't tell what it was. "Over here, Seth" the dark voice seethed.

  "Give me a good reason." Seth replied lowly. As intimidated as he was, he controlled what little fear he was feeling and covered it with a confident smirk.

  "I have what you want" It cooed, the door opening a little further.

   "And you know what I want?" The Spector asked amused.

    "I can help you to read the scroll," it proclaimed. Seth was sure if it had a mouth, it spoke with a smile. "Now come, Seth"

  Seth reached into his coat pocket. "If you know that, then you know what I have in my hand will banish you to "the beginning," and then to Hell should you be lying to me."

  "Come to me Seth" It repeated, with a much harsher tone.

  "Challenge Accepted." Seth drew his blade as he approached the door that was swinging open slowly, inch by inch.

 "Come to me Seth."

  "Do you not see me moving?" Seth barked, hiding the growing fright he felt.

  He took slow steps, his eyes wondering between the door, and the ever increasingly disturbing statues he passed. Seth thought he saw one of the statues move, but dismissed it as a shadow from the dancing candle flame.

  Seth pulled open the door open, he looked into the black emptiness of the room, he raised the candle to reveal bathroom floor tiles and a smearing of red liquid on the floor. Seth walked into the room with the candle first, upon entering he noticed another candle wondering with his, he lifted the candle and the other met his challenge with perfect sync.

  Seth flipped the light switch to confirm his suspicions of a huge vanity mirror that hung over the glorious golden sink and counters, complete with female: Skin, Hair, and what Seth could only describe as 'personal hygiene' products, strewn about the counter.

  "Where are you?" The Spector asked, a freezing feeling crawling up his back. He looked around the bathroom, coming to find the smear of red liquid, was just dripped to nail polish.

  A motion was caught out of the corner of Seth's eye; he looked to behold a closed shower curtain. Seth narrowed his eyes, trying to make out any transparency the curtain might have to offer. Unfortunately, none to be seen.

  Seth walked over and pulled back the curtain...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A legion of White Wings flies past the dark sky, the only lighting by stars and moonlight. Reflections of glowing swords reflected from the kept armor of the new Legion, Bellowing thunder and crashing metal lay ahead. Arch Angel Chamuel, "The seeker of God" Stands waiting for the next swarm of Separatists to attack.

  Chamuel leads the defenses of the Third ring, out of the Seven Heaven have to offer, leading up to Gods throne. While Arch Angel Jophile, leads the aggression onto the third gate.

  Chamuel gripped his chest, "Thou break my heart Jophile," He said quietly, leaning on the golden fortification, He looked up to find the Separatists Red Wings were growing closer and closer to the gate. The sight of Angels having their spirits ripped apart and abruptly struck to the ground was more then he could bear. "Why did thou side with thine enemy?"

  "Because..." A voice slithered from behind him. Chamuel turned his head, the golden helm he bore in perfect sync with him, the white tunic swaying. "The Lord Hath not mercy, so the Lord hath not me." Jophile walked out, his hair in a long braid that reached down to his knees, the once white wings, now stained red with tainted questions of God.

  Chamuel relaxed himself. "Please, my brother, this is not you!" The Commanding Loyalist held out his hand. "Please, come back to the side of Righteousness, the side of good, the side of God." He pleaded.

  "Chamuel," Jophile said touching his brothers cheek, "I have seen 'His' mercy; I hath watched it with sad eyes and a breaking heart." He put his forehead to Chamuel's helmet. "God, hath betrayed us, he hath murdered millions, and stood by as billions more die."

  "Jophile," Chamuel started. "The All Mighty does what is best."

  "He has cursed those of us who dare question him." Jophile replied, his brown eyes turning more sad. "He cast down those of us whom had questioned him; he has mercy only when he finds convenience for it." Jophile kissed his brothers for head and walked by him to the edge of the wall. "I can never serve one, whom would believe us toys to be cast asunder at the first sign of 'his' opinionated malfunction."

  "Jophile!" Chamuel cried, but Jophile was already in the air, flying towards the war.

  "I shall see you on the field of battle, my brother." Jophile called.

  "Chamuel shook his head and looked down.”So be it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! A cat hissed as it jumped out of the bathtub and ran out of the restroom. Seth let out a sigh of relief, perhaps he was just hearing things. "Maybe a good night's sleep will help." He started to walk out of the bath room when the bathroom door slammed shut and the lights started to flicker on and off...

  "Going somewhere?"  The voice cracked, a bit louder and with an echo from the bathroom walls. Seth looked around to make sure nothing was going to come at him. His eyes flicked from left to right and he tilted his head to check behind him.

  "Hahaha, you look tense." It spoke once more. "Hahahaha."

  "I came as requested." Seth drew his blade. "Now show yourself."

  Seth kept looking around trying to find whatever it was that called him here, but to no avail, the lights kept flickering, until he looked in the mirror, while he was holding his blade and in a tense stance, his reflection was calm and cool with his hands down at his sides.

    "What the?" Seth questioned, watching his own reflection disobeying him.

  The lights flickered again; Seth squinted watching his reflection removing the bandages from around its head. The light flicked on, hell fire burst from behind the faux reflection. The light flickered again, and it was back to normal, with it still removing the bandages.

  The lights continued to flicker, every few outages, Seth would notice disturbing images behind his insubordinate reflection, hell fire, with evil eyes glaring into him, white faces screaming and agonized faces appeared then disappear with no audio.

  Finally the lights turned off... Seth felt the chills flow up his spine; he couldn't deny it any longer, he was afraid.

  "Don't be so frightened Tauk." The voice chimed.

  The lights flipped on, brighter than before, and stayed on their powerful setting. Seth glared at his bare face Reflection. "What do you want?"

  It stroked its chin. “I want what you want." It replied, the faux reflection giving a smirk. "The power to Champion the King of Spectors."

  Seth squinted. "Why should I believe you? Why should I trust you? As a matter of fact," Seth gave a skeptical look. "Who are you?"

  "Hahaha." Seth’s reflection snickered about the question as if it were a stupid one. "You truly do not know me?"

  Seth studied the creature, it had his same facial features, same body structure, if not for the fact it was his own reflection, he would call it his twin. "You are me."

  It nodded to Seth’s words. "And yet you question who I am?"

 Seth shook his head, "Alright I know THAT you are, I just don't know WHO you are." He said in a matter of fact tone.

 "Indeed. I am you, you are me, and we are one."

  Seth stared, the feeling of fear leaving his body, but still, something wouldn't let his muscles relax.

"At any rate, you said you could translate the scroll..."

" FOOL!"  The replication barked "I said no such thing."

  "Then why am I here?" Seth asked.

 "I know of one whom can."  It seethed. "The Witch Doctor, he lives in the middle of the woods outside of town. He can help you."

 "Why would he want to do that?" Seth retorted, a smile of both amusement and excitement claiming his face.

  "Who said he would?" Seth’s mirror image let out a devilish smile, as its eyes squinted. The color in them fading and re-emerging with cat-like pupils, and red Irises. "Take heed to my next words carefully Seth; they might just save your life."

"Proceed." The Spector gestured.

The imposter smiled, baring fangs that reached his lip. When it spoke, its voice was mixed with what sounded like dozens of other male voices. "The afterlife shall not be your enemy."

  The lights started to flicker again; Seth looked around, his instincts getting the better of him. He took a quick look at the mirror, to find his reflection laughing, but the fangs retracting, and its eyes returning to what Seth remembered them to be, the bandages started to ravel themselves around its head, and finally, it obeyed Seth once more.

  Quivering, Seth eyed his now compliant reflection in the mirror, lifting his arm to make sure it followed him. He let out a sigh of relief. "The afterlife shall not be your enemy?" Seth repeated those words over and over again, trying to figure out what they meant.

    Seth opened the bathroom door and reached for the light, catching his reflection out of the corner of his eye one last time before he picked up the candle that was sitting on the counter, and wondered to the room Gloria had instructed him to sleep in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chamuel swung his blade; the sound of thousands of screams filled his ears, as the divine body of a Separatist Angel started its agonizing decent to earth. Not a split second after, the Arch Angel found combat with another Red wing, as a Gigantic Cherub swung it's enormous arm, casting hundreds of the Red Wing attackers to the sky.

  "ARCH ANGEL, BEHIND YOU!" Called a heavenly cry.

  Chamuel spun on his sandaled heal, and plowed his Gladius threw the torso of his attacker, quickly spinning around again to catch the oncoming swing of a red stained bronze spear. 

  Thousands of Angels poured in from both factions, White Wings casting Lightening on the fleet of Separatist enemies. Countered with Bronze, red stained arrows meeting the casters. 

  Thunder roared as the battle grew. Hundreds upon thousands of Angels falling to earth after slaughter.

  Chamuel retreated from the battle, calling his men back with him. "BACK TO THE GATE!" He cried, holding his arm.

  The Loyalists retreated, as they watched the enemy give chase, more powerful Angels casting lightening to stun their enemies to buy time, but there were simply too many Red wings to count.

  "Curse thine brother Jophile." Called Chamuel, as he gripped some grape skins, and placing them over his wounds. "Thou hast allowed humans to become Devine, simply to fight for you?" Chamuel cursed his brother as me motioned to be left alone. "Truly you break my heart."

  "How sentimental" A voice called.

  Chamuel looked up, his fears confirmed. "You..."

   A fallen being with Black wings walked out from behind him, though he did not wear a heavenly tunic, or carry any weapons, instead sporting a completely black suit attire, Jophile knew he was as dangerous as any other Arch Angel...

  "Let us skip the formalities, Chamuel." The black winged angel demanded lazily. "We both know who the other is." He smirked, as he combed back his shoulder length black hair revealing a face that could charm any human.

  "How did thou enter Heaven? The lord-"

  "The Lord is incapacitated at the moment." The young Angel smirked. "And if you must know, the charming free thinking Angels with the red wings let me in."

 "Lucifer, how dare thou defile Heaven with thine presence!?" Cried Chamuel gripping his arm. "Hath thou no shame?"

  Lucifer shook his head. "It's Satan now Chamuel. And if thinking freely, and challenging the only authority figure you have ever known, is somehow..." Satan Grimaced. "'Tainted,' then I happily admit and proudly announce the sacrilege."

  Chamuel stood up straight, "Thou challenged god for his Throne, Thou see thineself as the Lord Superior."

  Satan sighed. "That much is true I suppose." He turned his back to Chamuel and watch as the battle raged out side. "So, Gabriel separated the Arch Angels and is now drawing war upon thine God." Satan pushed his eye brows together then shook his head. "Dammit, the way I use to talk is so hard to resist now that I’m back here."

  "Be gone with you." Spat Chamuel holding his blade ready. "I hath no time for thee."

  Satan shrugged. "In your current state Chamuel, you wouldn't pose a challenge to me. Besides, I’m not here to fight." Satan turned back to Chamuel, his eyes crazy, and his smile wide. "I'm here to observe."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seth awoke to a bright sun attacking his face, he looked to his left to see the clean floor under the bed. The drowsy Spector stretched his arms out and then fascine his tie. He didn't like sleeping in his suit, minus the coat, but he also didn't want to be cold, and mess up the bed covers.

  Seth stood up, his back cracking in the process. He wondered out of the guest room to find Amber walking down the hallway freezing in place upon laying eyes on him. Seth gave her a polite nod, and placed his hat on his head.

  "Seth?" She asked walking up to him. "What are you doing here?"

  Seth cleared his throat, trying to hide his morning dry mouth. "I was assigned to stay her." His voice raspy.

  "Why?" Amber asked in an awkward tone.

  "Because my boss is a d*ckhole." Seth replied trying to keep his eye open.

  Amber chuckled, Seth noticed she was still in her pajamas, a long pair of black sweat pants, with white skulls covered her legs, and a black tank top over her torso. He also noted her face without make up, "you look better without the makeup."

  Amber blushed, "Well um... Thank you?" She made a motion with her hands. "You must have woken up on the good side of the bed today."

  Seth let out a yawn. "I don't sleep too much; I’m typically in a rather good mood after I have a night of it." Seth reached into his pocket to pull out a cigarette; he looked at Amber to confirm he could light it.

  "Uh, no. That's outside stuff mister." She scolded pointing down stairs.

  "Alright, alright." Seth walked buy trying to dig out his lighter from his pants pocket.

  "Do you really need to smoke?" Amber asked out of the blue.

 Seth found his lighter and looked back at her. "Why do you ask?"

  "I guess... Never mind." Amber walked away without another word.

  Seth shrugged and walked downstairs and to the front door. "GOOOOOD MORNING!" proclaimed a happy voice.

  Gloria was holding her hand out, with a vase, containing what could only be described as living raspberries crawling over each other, levitating in the air a few feet from her.

  "Good morning." Seth replied motion to the door with his death stick.

 Gloria dismissed him and went about, whatever she was doing. Seth welcomed the nicotine into his body, as the fire called the smoke from cigarette.  He took a puff and thought about last night’s events. 'There are many woods outside of town, which one was it this 'Witch Doctor' was in?' Seth thought as he listened to the gentle wind flowing through the tall grass.

  Seth felt the cool and crisp morning air start to turn warm from the sun. He took another drag and thought about how good he was feeling. He frowned as he acknowledged the endorphin enriched pleasure he felt from the kindness he was shown. He liked it, and he never wanted it to leave him. 

  The Spector tightened his jaw, casting aside the feeling he was experiencing, and hardening his previously relaxed muscles. 'This will not last,' He thought putting up all of his guard once more taking another puff. 'They will grow tired of being kind eventually, and I will return to the Department, I don't want to miss that feeling.'

  Seth pondered more on the knowledge that the good feeling he had wouldn't last, and how painful it was just to cast it away at its infancy. He couldn't bear to think of losing it when he had a desire for it, or even worse... reliance.

  An extremely nice black car pulled into the dirt drive way, it looked like a corvette, but Seth was not rounded enough with cars to tell until he could read what the car said. He watched with baited breath, wondering if the Phantoms who were after him last night came to finish the job. Though, he was now rested and recovered.

  A man with long brown hair, and white attire stepped out of the car. He was bobbing his head and mumbling a song to himself. He stopped as soon as he caught Seth in his line of vision. "Can I help you?"

  Seth flicked out his cigarette military style, and once it was clean, he placed it in his pocket. "I'm sorry sir, I was told to come outside to smoke." Seth replied politely.

  The man laughed, "Don't worry man; my wife has a tendency to kick out our guests when they suck on a death stick." He said as he climbed the stairs on the porch and held out his hand, "I'm Jadia, the second in command of our coven." 

  Seth shook, receiving a firm grasp. "Seth Smith, Sergeant of the Spectoral Department."

  The man’s smile immediately dropped and he pulled his hand away. "Spector?!" he said in shock and disgust. "Get off my porch!" He demanded walking up to the door. "HONEY! GET THE CHARMS WE HAVE A DIRTY SPECTOR!" He yelled as held is hand up with red dancing flames exploding from his palms.

  Seth squinted as he clenched his fists, "I get the impression I offend you."

  Engulphing Seth...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Yea, yea I know it's jumping back and forth a bit more than usual between the Spector and Angel storyline. Sorry, I was just going to keep the Arch Angel cast it to Gabriel and Michael, but as I read up on the other Arch Angels, it made sense with what I’m going to do later on. Thank you, and please give feed back if you liked it. :D)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8K 4.8K 27
What if we could see the evil creatures following us around? What if we could see the demons taunting us day in and day out? Those demons that instal...
241K 18.3K 39
- "He's gotta be strong." - With the prisons gone, the Fae's support goes with them. However, even though the Fae have returned to Faerie, the demons...
9K 793 51
(Complete) It's a shitstorm of fuckery where the good is good but also bad. The bad is bad but also... good? Follow Valery who is on the quest for t...
18 1 7
Between The Union and private corporations monopolizing exorcism jobs and the ridiculously high mortality rates, it's a wonder that there were any fr...