Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

Make A Wish

23.1K 735 293
By GeekEvergirl

....................................................
Hi everyone! I'm back with another chapter :)

The question for this chapter: what places would you like to travel to and visit? I would love to go to Italy and Greece, though I also woudl love to go to visit Canada, specially in Autumn so I could see the leaves, or Winter so I could see the snow.

I'm so sorry for everyone that I made suffer because of the climax I left the last chapter on, many people came to ask me to tell them and I just confused them more 😂 sorry about that, but I can't help myself.

Hope you enjoy this chapter, and get the answer you wished for!
Xxx,
Sara
....................................................
Sadie's POV:
I slowly turned at the sound of his voice, too much in shock. What was he doing here?

My eyes met his, and at that same instant, a memory flooded my mind. I wasn't being able to understand how this whole thing was so freaking faithful to the dream party that I had inside my mind, but now it all clicked. I had actually told him.

We were at Aria's party, and just after dancing for a bit, Shawn and I sat down on a lounging area outside so we could drink a bit of water. As we went to a brighter area, I could see how Shawn's face was rosy with all the dancing, some beads of sweat trailing along his forehead. The butterflies in my stomach fluttered a little at how attractive he managed to look, but I quickly composed myself.

Shawn looked at me and gave me this dazzling, huge smile, and I gave him one back, feeling tired from dancing but happy. After some minutes of silence as both of us downed all the water in our cups, Shawn broke the silence.

"Hey Sadie, how would you have done your party if you had wanted one?" He asked me, and I shrugged.

"I don't think I would even consider doing one to the point I actually thought about that. Why the question?"

Now it was his turn to shrug. "I don't know... It's just that I know that you don't enjoy parties, but I have a feeling you would go crazy with choosing a theme and the stuff in the party."

I stopped to take in his words, and at the same time, I took in the whole setting of the party. Actually now that he had said it, I felt it was true.

"Yeah, maybe." I say. I observe the long table which was adorned with all sorts of sweets, all carefully decorated.

"What would you do? A Frozen themed party?" Shawn laughed, and I did laughed along. He knew me so well.

"That would actually be cool. Everything in blue, white and silver, inspired on ice and how the inside's of Elsa's castle would look like. And there would be lots and lots of fake snow." I looked around the facility, and could imagine all of it in front of my eyes. As much as the mental image was incredibly pleasing, it flickered before my eyes, as the best idea came up to my mind.

"A Harry Potter themed party..." I said lowly as the ideas came at me like a hurricane, and Shawn looked at me, waiting for me to explain more.

"There could still be snow with this theme, like at the entrance or something, as if it was Hogsmeade. Oooh, and the lounging areas would be all inspired on each different house, and would be decorated with each house's respective colours. Inside would be like Hogwarts, many frames hanging on the walls, especially of the headmasters, and antique looking chandeliers."

Shawn smiled at me, both intrigued by the idea and by how much my imagination was running wild. "That would be so cool. I would certainly love to go to a party like that."

"Yes! And the sweets table, would have all sorts of sweets inspired on the ones from Honeydukes, like Chocolate Frogs, and there would be wands and little flasks of potions. And those would be sweets too! And ohmygod-" I said a bit overly excited as I remembered something more,"butterbeer. There would be butterbeer. I don't know where the heck I would get it, but butterbeer would be mandatory."

Shawn chuckled as he heard me speak with so much enthusiasm, and after we both fell silent, he asked, "Am I feeling that someone is now regretting not having done a party?"

I turned to him and stared in his eyes, not believing his words. "You're kidding me right? I won't ever regret that."

"Why?" He asked me, and I had to hold myself from facepalming myself. He could be quite slow sometimes.

"Don't you remember what I was doing on my birthday this year?" Shawn kept looking at me, completely lost, and I sighed. "Shawn, I was on my way to Madrid to go to your concert. If I had chosen to have a party, I wouldn't have been able to go see you." I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"Now that I think of it, I'm also glad you didn't do a party."

I was so lost in his eyes at this point, but I somehow snapped out of this trance, looking towards the dance floor. At some time soon the waltz should start. "Do you want to go back inside?"

I didn't manage control myself. I immediately threw my arms around him as I realized that he was standing right here, just in front of me, and not a thousand kilometers away from me as I had thought.

He hugged me tightly back, and being here in his arms, I didn't want to ever let go. I had missed him so much.

"Shawn, I-I can't believe this. What are you doing here?"

"Isn't that obvious? I'm here to celebrate your birthday with you princess. Didn't you even notice how there was a gap of 9 days between two concerts of mine?" He asks me, and I stayed silent, not believing this. He made a special gap on his tour for me. "Happy birthday, by the way. I'm guessing you liked what I prepared for you?" He chuckles, still hugging me as tightly as I was hugging him.

"I didn't like it."

I could feel him go tense with this. "You didn't?"

I pull back from the hug, meeting his light brown gaze. "No Shawn, I didn't like it. I loved it." I kiss his cheek."Thank you so much." I suddenly remember that many other people were in the room, and I turn around, looking at everyone.

"And thank you all so much for coming. I'm so happy that all of you are here."

"You really thought that we weren't coming to your birthday?" I hear Nick say, as him, Sean, Aria and Bree approached me. Not having completely let go of Shawn, I slip my hand in his. It felt so good to actually be able to do this.

"Well, yes." I answer, "but I am so happy that you actually are all here."

"You may be, but I bet not as much as you are of seeing him, am I right?" Aria raises her eyebrows, tilting her head towards Shawn with a knowing smile. I look at Shawn still with the same huge smile I had on my face from the moment I saw him, and for a millisecond I feel kind of dazed, feeling like this was a dream come true. Shawn was actually here, right beside me.

I then proceeded to talk to everyone, going to my grandparents. I introduced them to Shawn, who they seemed to like very much, even if they didn't understand a single word in English. After I had done so, I found Aunt Martina and Emma drinking some butterbeer near "The Three Broomsticks", and immediately went over to them, dragging Shawn along with me.

"Emma! Aunt Martina!" I call, running over to them and engulfing both of them in a hug. "I missed you so much!"

"And we missed you too dear. Last time we saw you was exactly a year ago." Aunt said, pulling back from the hug. She looked over my shoulder, and her smile turned into a smirk as she saw Shawn.

"So aren't you going to introduce me to your boyfriend?" She asks, and I laugh at her tone. I look over to Shawn who had given us some space, and sign him to come over.

"Hi Shawn, it is really nice to meet you. I am a big fan of yours, I wasn't expecting you to sound so good live."

"Oh, thank you, nice to meet you too." Then he catches on to what she said. "You went to a concert of mine?"

"Of course. Who do you think took this girl right over here to see you?" She points at me and chuckles. Shawn raises his eyebrows.

"Then you are the one I need to thank for." Shawn says, smiling, and then he smiles at me.

Aunt Martina observes us while Emma is trying hard not to say anything. "I couldn't actually believe it when your father told me Sadie, that you two... How did that even happen? I am pretty sure that I didn't take you to a meet and greet. Or am I going haywire already?"

I laugh, "No Aunt, you are not going haywire. You didn't take me to a meet and greet. We met when I went to New York with the school."

She looked at me, shaking her head. "I said it, but no one believed me. That your obsession with Shawn was too big, that you had a real crush on him. No one believed me."

I blushed, and Shawn opened his mouth to tease me, but I cut him before he even got to it. "Don't even think about it."

***

My friends and I all sat on the couch laughing, me on my second cup of frozen butterbeer, people went on to play Just Dance. I was so happy, this was exactly the type of party that I liked. Not too many people, just my friends and I having a good time.

Right now, the people who were dancing were only Nick and Sean, and they were giving quite the show with dancing to "All The Single Ladies". We all laughed so much to the point we couldn't breathe, as Nick and Sean brought out their internal divas and made the best Beyonce impersonifications ever. I clutched my stomach as I laughed and laughed, so much that Shawn and I leaned against each other, not being able to hold ourselves up. As we managed to calm down a bit, we exchanged a smile, and Shawn leaned closer to me.

"Would you come outside with me for a minute?" He whispers, and I nod, and taking his hand he guides me to my back yard. We sit on some sofas that there were near the pool, and Shawn placed his arm around me as I leaned my head onto his shoulder. We were in silence, just appreciating each other's physical presence.

"So Sadie, it is past midnight already... Do you know what this means?"

I take my head from his shoulder, looking up at him to meet his gaze. "That it isn't my birthday anymore?" I chuckle.

"Well, that too." He chuckles, "But that was not really it. It means that today is the 29th of April, and that exactly one year ago on this day, we-"

"Saw each other for the first time." I complete as I came to my senses. This was so insane. Shawn seemed to be thinking the same, as his expression was of disbelief as he looked into my eyes. "A whole year... Crazy, isn't it?"

"Yes." He says, closing up the distance between us. "It is so crazy to think that this day a year ago, I was going to make a soundcheck completely unaware that it would change things so much, completely for the better, and that I didn't know of your existance. It is so weird now, I can't imagine me not knowing that you exist. Because you are constantly on my mind." My insides jumble a little as I hear this, my heart racing faster as I was closer to him.

"For me too Shawn. It is so unbelievable the fact that a year ago I thought you were so unreachable, that it would be so difficult to meet you, and yet here I am a year later, right beside you." We fall in silence, the good memories of last year flashing by before our eyes as Shawn reached his hand to my cheek.

"I am so happy that I met you Sadie. I love you."

"I love you too." I say back, just before his smooth lips meet mine, and he gives me one of the gentlest and most passionate kisses ever.

I don't know how much time we stayed there, making up for all the kisses that we wished we could have given each other but there was a screen separating us. I had missed this, missed this amazing feeling I felt rush through me when he kissed me, like electricity, how I felt the emotions in the kiss so strongly that I felt I could melt into a puddle right there and then. How Shawn holded me so gently, how good and warm his hands felt against my face when he cupped it. I had missed his kisses, his hugs, his scent, everything. And right now I had all of this.

"Hey, lovebirds," someone calls, and Shawn and I part, finding Violet standing there with a very apologetic look. "I am really sorry to interupt you guys, but your mother asked me to get you. They want you to blow your candles."

I grunt and hide my face on Shawn's shoulder, who chuckles at this reaction of mine together with Violet. He places a hand on my head, gently combing my hair. "Sadie I know you hate it. But come on, lets go."

I sigh, but finally nod, standing up with Shawn and holding his hand while I walked back into the house with him. Everyone was already waiting for me gathered around the master piece that the cake was when we walked back in, and I position myself behind the cake, where my mum was waiting for me with a lighter in hands.

The second she lit up the candles, I shrank a little, knowing what was to come as I saw Nick standing on top of a chair. Oh Nick.

"A-ONE, TWO, ONE TWO THREE-"

For the sixteenth time in my life, here I was in yet another time I had no clue what to do. I laughed as I my eyes landed on Shawn, who was so lost, not knowing how to sing not only the traditional song in the local language, but the second one too that people here tend to sing. I smiled as people sang to me, and I took in everything. I may hate passing through the birthday song, but I felt so happy right now.

The song came to an end, and before I went to blow the candles, my friends reminded me: "make a wish!"

I thought for a while, however as everyone waited in suspense for me to choose one and blow the candles, my eyes scanned the room, which was filled with nearly all the people that I love, until they landed on Shawn's, and I just didn't know what to wish for.

I was here surrounded by people I loved, and I was so incredibly happy, my heart filled with such a warm feeling. I couldn't ask for anythinv more. I had everything I needed right here, and while last year I had wished for whatever made me happy, this year I had it right here. The only thing I could wish for was for this to stay like it was.

Making this decision, I leaned forward, and blew out all the sixteen small candles on my cake in just one go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 135 6
Sophomore year at NYU is just about to begin as Josh and Maya start things over on their second chance at a relationship. Both of them dealing with t...
32.6K 636 34
19 year old Kasey Falder is having her choices taken away from her when her grandma arranges for her to marry 20 year old Ashton Irwin, who she has n...
117K 2.8K 11
The title is pretty self-explanatory. Just some one-shots about Peter Parker, our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. These stories will be pre-snap, u...
403K 8.3K 64
HAIKYUU X READER yes, you read that right • i don't write angst unless it's requested • gender neutral • no lemons/lime/smut • lowercase intended FEA...