Learning A Lake ✔

Da BeccaJohnson3

COMPLETED! Learning A Lake - Book One in the Lake Series. Every year you and your best friend go to... Altro

Introduction and Characters
- PART 1 -
- One -
- Two -
- Three -
- Four -
- Five -
- Six -
- Seven -
- Eight -
- Nine -
- Ten -
- Eleven -
- Twelve -
- Thirteen -
- Fourteen -
- Fifteen -
- Sixteen -
- Seventeen -
- Eighteen -
- PART 2 -
- Nineteen -
- Twenty -
- Twenty-One -
- Twenty-Two -
- Twenty-Three -
- Twenty-Four -
- Twenty-Five -
- Twenty-Six -
- Twenty-Seven -
- Twenty-Eight -
- Twenty-Nine -
- Thirty -
- Thirty-One -
- Thirty-Two -
- Thirty-Four -
- Thirty-Five -
- Thirty-Six -
- Thirty-Seven -
- Thirty-Eight -
- Thirty-Nine -
- Forty -
- Playlist and Book Two -

- Thirty-Three -

56 4 0
Da BeccaJohnson3

♢ Ryan ♢

I knew I should have listened to Matt, he warned me about Joel and I didn't listen.

Joel was arrested. After telling Rhi what happened, the police were called and they caught Joel making his way out of the camp grounds. They took his DNA and it was a perfect match to that found on the evidence. He should have been caught much sooner than this and I shouldn't have been so blind to his behavior.

Even though the culprits had been caught, Laura was re living her attack again. She had nightmares last night which woke us all up when she screamed. There was nothing I could do for her, I just held her and hoped it was enough to heal her wounds.

Coming to this camp has been nothing but bad news for all of us since we stepped foot in the grounds. The only good thing that has come out of it for me is Laura herself. I've been falling harder and harder for her every day, and it's only a matter of time before I can't wait any longer to ask her an important question.

That would have to wait right now, she needed to feel better. I stayed in her cabin last night, she didn't sleep at all after waking up from the nightmare. I stayed up with her and we talked about anything and everything to take her mind away from Jane and Joel.

She finally fell asleep at around six in the morning and I slowly drifted off with her too.

---

I was awoken to the sound of someone clearing their throat. Pulling Laura closer to me as she lay on my chest, I opened my eyes and realized who was standing at the end of my bed.
"Shit."

"Shit indeed Ryan." Rhi didn't look impressed at all. I looked around the room and saw that the others were already up and out of the cabin so I turned to the clock next to the bed and saw that it was gone eleven in the morning.
"I can explain." I sat up and gently moved Laura as she was still in a deep sleep.
"You don't have to explain anything. I know she's had a rough time but please don't do anything stupid, hearing about what your brother does in his spare time with Rachel is bad enough." She rolled her eyes and smirked at me.
"Now get up, you've already missed an activity this morning." She continued and began to leave the cabin.
"Thanks." I said, feeling guilty that I had been caught in Laura's cabin.
"Don't make me regret going easy on you." She spoke more seriously before closing the door.

I turned back to Laura and smiled at her. She was at peace while she was sleeping, she was away from her fears and all I wanted was to make sure she didn't get hurt anymore.

Her skin was too irresistible and I couldn't help but lean back down towards her and gently kiss her shoulder. She began to stir in her sleep and automatically reached out for me.
"We need to get up Laura." I whispered and she almost instantly shook her head and grabbed my t-shirt, pulling me towards her. I was unable to hide the grin from my face. She eventually opened her eyes.

"What time is it?" she questioned and proceeded to rub her eyes.
"Nearly midday." I replied to her and got up from the bed to put some trousers on. "Are you kidding?" She sat up in alarm. "I need to stop laying in."
"Not kidding bub, at least Rhi didn't wake me up by standing at the end of your bed." I commented, the sarcasm evident in my tone.

Her eyes widened when she realised that Rhi had infact been in her cabin just moments ago.
"Oh man, what did she say?" Laura lowered her voice a little as she got out of bed in search of some clothes.

"Well." I began and walked up to her with a grin plastered across my face. "She didn't say I couldn't sleep in here with you." I spoke in almost a whisper and lightly kissed her lips. She quickly deepened the kiss and I knew this would end up going further than it needed to unless I put a stop to it.

Gradually slowing the kiss down, I broke our contact.
"Why stop?" she moaned a little, wanting more.
I replied whilst giving her a sincere smile. "You know why. Besides, Rhi emphasised that she didn't want a repeat of what she had discovered about Matt." I finished with a chuckle.
"Fine." She grabbed some jeans out of her draws. "Buy you owe me Mr Lake!" She teased and began to put her jeans on.

"Owe you what?" I questioned with a small smirk when I knew exactly what she meant. Winding her up was kind of fun.
"More kisses!" She said, frustration laced in her tone.

Part of me knew that she wanted more affection from me because it distracted her from the reality of what happened yesterday. When I found out that Joel approached her twice, I was fuming. But a small part of me was proud of her punching him, although, she wouldn't stop moaning that her hand hurt from getting him square in the nose.

Realizing that Matt had warned her about him in the first place made me feel guilty that I didn't see it coming. It made me want to isolate myself because I didn't want Laura to be with someone who can't spot a risk and can't protect her. It all fell back down to me not being able to protect and help my sister.

I couldn't do that to either of us though because seeing how she instantly felt safe and relaxed when I came to her rescue made me realise we both need each other, more than we think we do.

---

♢ Laura ♢

If I told you that I was in a good way, I would be lying. I was happy that Joel was gone and I wouldn't get hurt anymore but everything came rushing back and I just wanted it all to go away.

It was like all my wounds were raw and fresh again, both mentally and physically. They were finally scarring but now they had been torn back open. It was hard to sleep last night, but I'm glad Ryan was there to hold me tight. It was what I needed to keep myself sane.

Needing a distraction, I decided to focus on what to get Ryan for his birthday. I was stuck for ideas until Katie said something that gave me an idea.

"I'm still so proud of how brave you were when you sang in front of everyone."

My eyes widened with glee as I now knew what to do for Ryan's birthday.
"YES!" I jumped up from my bed. "Thank you!" I ran up to Katie and squeezed her. The look of confusion on her face made me laugh.
"What an earth are you on about?"
"I'll explain later." I squirmed with excitement and grabbed my jacket, heading out of the cabin. I needed to find Matt.

I knew I was going to sing to Ryan as part of his birthday present and I have one song in mind, but I knew there was something missing as I needed to give him the letter from Lacey.

I barged into the boys cabin.
"Matt, I've got a brill-" I blurted out and realised Matt wasn't in the cabin, Ryan was asleep on his bed. Instantly feeling guilty, I turned to leave as I knew he must have been knackered from looking after me and having to take part in some activities earlier. Ryan slowly sat up and I couldn't hide the smile on my face.

"Someone's cheerful this evening." He smirked and ran a hand through his messy bed hair. My eyes dropped to his bare torso.
"Someone's sleepy this evening." I smiled at him, lingering in the door way. I needed to find Matt, but I couldn't resist a conversation with the guy I had been falling for, especially when he was topless.

"Falling in love is hard work." He looked at me plainly before cracking a genuine smile.
"That was probably the cheesiest, yet cutest thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth." I moved towards him and he shrugged a little before replying "I try."

"Well, Ryan, it's enough for me." I sat next to him on his bed and grabbed his hand.
"I'm glad to hear it. What did you need my brother for anyway?" He raised an eyebrow and squeezed my hand.

Using my other hand, I tapped my nose with my index finger. "It's a secret." I commented and got up from the bed again. "Can you tell me where he is?"

"Knowing him, probably screwing Rachel behind a tree." He chuckled lightly. His comment made me scrunch my face up in slight disgust. "Nice thought, thanks."

"Sorry." He pouted and rolled his eyes a little. "He's actually playing tennis."
"Awesome, thanks!" I rushed my words and went to leave. "Not so fast." Ryan grabbed my hand and pulled me back, our faces inches apart. He gave me a sly and cheeky smile before kissing me. I gave in and kissed him back, placing my hands on his chest. I couldn't resist that one.

He tugged at my bottom lip with his teeth, his teeth were quickly followed by the slow movements of his tongue, asking for permission. I granted him access and our lips and tongues moved together whilst our breathing rapidly increased. He laid back down, pulling me with him so that I straddled his waist, our lips never leaving each other.

His strong hands found their way under my top, edging to the underwire of the bra. I didn't know how to describe how I was feeling right now, other than the term: turned on. The sensation between my legs made me crave him even more, to go all the way.

As his right hand finally slipped under my bra and began to massage one of my breasts, the other fell to my trousers, wrapping his thumb around my belt loop and molding his hand around my bum, pulling my waist closer to him.

My hands were both fixed in place, my fingers running through his hair. He was driving me insane and he knew it.

Suddenly, the door to the cabin swung open. 

"Oh shit! Sorry guys! I promise I didn't see anything!" Ryan had quickly but gently removed me from on top of him and I laid next to him, by this point and he was now sitting up, looking at his brother who had just walked in on us, tennis racket in hand. Matt was now facing the door.

Ryan just looked at me, his cheeks flushed red, but there was no way I couldn't spot the small smile on his face before we both burst into laughter.

"It's cool. I blame Laura anyway, she just pounced on me!" Ryan put his brother at ease with amusement in his tone. I just looked at him with a small scowl and all he did was wink.

"I'll never believe that, you little stud." Matt turned back to face us. "I can't even remember why I even came back here now." He frowned to himself and went to leave.

I finally decided to speak up. "Well Matt, I came here looking for you but HE pounced on ME!" I emphasized the words and elbowed Ryan in the side.
"You're so abusive." Ryan moaned and stuck his bottom lip out at me. "And besides, you were the one sat on top of me!" Rolling my eyes at his comment I turned back to Matt as he replied to me.

"Why were you looking for me?" I widened my eyes and gently tilted my head in Ryan's direction so he couldn't see, indicating that it was about his birthday.

Matt peacefully nodded. "Well I'm going to have a shower because I remember now that that's what I came back for, and then I will come and speak to you, canteen in ten?"
"Sorted then." I smiled at Matt and he proceeded to dump his racket on his bed and grab a towel before making his way into the bathroom.

I turned my attention back to Ryan who seemed to be sulking. I initially thought It was because I was planning things with his brother but his face said otherwise.

"Look, my promise still stands. I'm going to wait for you and I know it went a little too far just then but you're driving me insane." His face was plastered with frustration, mostly of the sexual kind.

I chuckled at him lightly before pressing my lips onto his briefly. "The feelings mutual." I spoke and looked right into his eyes. "But I know how much your promise means to you, so we can wait."

"Thank you." He spoke softly. "Now, go and speak to my brother about all the secrets you are hiding from me." He narrowed his eyes with a hint of amusement.

"Anything for you." I winked at him. "See you later."

"Please go, before I do something I know I shouldn't." He clenched his jaw as I walked away from him and left the cabin.

---

Finishing the last few chips from my dinner place, Matt finally walked into the canteen, his hair still wet from his shower.

"So..." He sat down across from me at the table. "What did you need my help with?" an amused smirk appearing on his face.
"What's so funny?" I questioned him, refusing to get down to business without knowing why he was so amused.

"Nothing, seeing my brother with someone decent makes me happy, that's all." I didn't know how to react to his comment so I was glad when he spoke again.
"Anyway, you needed help, right?"

"Oh yeah, I've decided what to do for Ryan's birthday. Well sort of."
"Shoot." He said, indicating for me to explain my ideas.

"I want to sing to him." Matt's face fell a little bit, I'm sure he just realised the last time he heard me sing was just minutes before he tried to take advantage of me. He quickly composed himself again before replying to me.

"Any songs in mind?"

"That's why I need your help, I know of one song I want to sing to him, but I need something that will link to the part where I give him the letter from Lacey."

His lips twisted upwards as he began to think. After a look of accomplishment rushed over his face, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and began to tap away, obviously searching for something.

After a few minutes, he placed his phone down in front of me to display a song and all its lyrics.
"She wanted this played at her funeral, it was her favourite song. She told me when she wrote me my letter but our parents wanted something else. Ryan knows how much she loved it."

I peered down at the phone and realised I knew the song well, I had sung It before.
"It's perfect."

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

646 48 33
Archie and Zac have been friends for as long as either of them can remember, which makes sense because they've known each other since forever. Every...
106K 1.1K 30
❝ What if we could just be together, but keep it between us? ❞ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨🌞୧⋆ ˚。⋆ Morgan Irvine and Hailey Graham are best friends. Ever since second gra...
2K 149 21
~ Featured @StoriesUndiscovered ~ What happens when the school's popular yet bad boy gets paired up with the school's outcast. The girl who's father...
18.5K 2.3K 22
Nadine is a classic introvert and an over-thinker. Living in the shadow of beautiful, easy-going Jamie her whole life has been nothing short of pain...