When Love Gets Complicated [...

By RidaZaidi

Like many typical girls, eighteen year-old Rachel Morgan falls head over heels for an out-of-reach guy, named... More

Chapter 1 - The Dream
Chapter 2 - Hearts Collide.
Chapter 3 - Morgan's No Sportsman.
Chapter 4 - Let The Games Begin!
Chapter 5 - Falling for him....
Chapter 6 - Love At First Sight...
Chapter 7 - The new boy, Malik.
Chapter 8 - The Start of Their Journey.
Chapter 9 - Harry's Crazy Idea.
Chapter 10 - Simple, but Effective...
Chapter 12 - Wherefore Art Thou, Harry?
Chapter 13 - What's Wrong with You Curly?
Chapter 14 - Zayn's Heart In Payne...
Chapter 15 - True To Your World.
Chapter 16 - Harry's Surprise.
Chapter 17 - Harry's Surprise Continued..
Chapter 18 - Caught in a Triangle.
Chapter 19 - Louis' Big Secret.
Chapter 20 - To help a friend....
Chapter 21 - [Part 1] The Plan...
Chapter 21 - Part 2 - The Masquerade Party
Chapter 22 - DramaRama!
Chapter 23 - Too Close For Comfort...
Chapter 24 - Just Back off my Man!
Chapter 25 - "I thought three was a crowd?"
Chapter 26 - Lies and Betrayals
Chapter 27 - "The Liar I Once Loved."
Chapter 28- The Truth Told, by Harry.
Chapter 29 - "Betrayal, damn betrayal."
Chapter 30 - Why is it always me?
Chapter 31 - The Death Of Maria.
Chapter 32 - Harry Reveals The Truth.
Chapter 33 - No,This Can't Be Happening.
Chapter 34 - Secrets, secrets, secrets.
Chapter 35 - Let the truth, be told!
Chapter 36 - When an old friend returns
Chapter 37 - Things just keep getting worse.
Chapter 37 [ Part 2 ] "Somehow, someway..."
Chapter 38 - Is There Really No One ?
Chapter 39 - A Beautiful Surprise
Chapter 40 - When love takes a turn.
Chapter 41 - And another love story is gone.
Chapter 42- [Part 1+2] - Harry's Decision
Chapter 43 - The start of a new friendship
Chapter 44 - LA, Here we Come!
Chapter 45 - Drama in LA? On the first Day?
Chapter 46 - Madness in LA.
Chapter 47 - Rachel and Harry, back to the Romantic Blues.
Chapter 48 - There's nothing like a little bit of drama.
Chapter 49 - Decisions, Decisions....
Chapter 50 - Love Really Is Complicated...
Chapter 51 - "I would never lie to you Rachel."
Chapter 52 - Regrets.
Chapter 52 (part 2) - What Love Can Do....
Chapter 53 - Stephanie's Big Secret.
Chapter 54 - [ Part 1 ] "You're always there for me..."
Chapter 54 [Part 2] "You're always there for me..." <3
Chapter 55 - To live, or To Die.
Chapter 56 - " If Only...."
Chapter 57 - Louis and Eleanor's Romantic Night. <3
Chapter - 58 "Harry Styles or Zayn Malik...?"
Chapter - 59 The Answer, is finally here.
Chapter 60 - "If you love someone, you can't let them go." [Part 1. ]
Chapter 60 - "If you love someone, you can't let them go." [Part 2.]
Chapter 61 - The LA trip comes to an end...
Chapter 62 - The Final Goodbye....
Chapter 63 - "I'll Never Let You Go..."
Chapter 64 - No More Fights, No More Rivalry.
Chapter 65 - A Night Out In London <3
Chapter 66 [Part 1] - "Where there is love there is life."
Chapter 66 [Part 2] "Where there is love, There is Life."
Chapter 67 - "Frienship, is a special kind of love." <3
Chapter 68 - "Honesty is all you need. "
Chapter 69 - "You're my Wonderwall." <3
Chapter 70 - "9 months later..."
Chapter 70 - "9 months later." [Part 2.]
Chapter 71 - "The Birth of Sapphire."
Chapter 72 - "This is a promise."
Chapter 73 - "The Final Decision."
Chapter 74 - Final decisions, Final choices.

Chapter 11 - Wish number 1; Complete.

248K 2.1K 426
By RidaZaidi

Chapter 11 - Wish number 1; complete

"Wow, what a coincidence yeah?" Harry said smiling. 

“Harry, how are you so calm when these kinds of things keep happening to us? Aren't you ever worried?" I threw her fists in the air. 

I really did wonder how though, all I could think of was the negative, and those horrible questions would circle my head and never leave me alone. Harry didn't seem worried at all in these kinds of situations. 

"Well, it’s better to live your life with some fun now right? I mean now you have a story to tell your kids how you escaped a hotel and jumped off an emergency ladder" Harry's face beamed as he told me.

“Um, if I want my kids to turn out normal, I don’t think I’ll be telling them that." l pouted her lips and backed away.

We both laughed at each other and then finally just sat there.

"But you know, this time it's not so bad. We can always just catch a taxi, were in the city now." He said calmly.

"Oh yea, right duh."  

The two of us rushed out of the car, parking it in an area where we could make sure to get it back the next day somehow. Harry stopped to make sure he had my hand, and we both rushed to grab a taxi. We got inside, and finally rested on the seats, after  all that running today. I was exhausted and dying to get home so I could collapse onto my bed and just sleep. It wasn't too long until it began to rain. Rain, it was one of my favouite things...

We both began talking about how lucky the two of us were to be inside a car right now. The taxi driver stopped to get some gas, while we waiting inside the car patiently.

"Wow Harry, We were only talking about rain a while ago and it's already pouring outside. Seems like you'll be getting your kiss in the rain sooner than you thought." I teased him, nudging him lightly.

“Hey, it's just a little imagination I'm not determined that it'll actually happen." He shook it off "But I still need to find the girl" He pouted his lips.

"Good point" I replied laughing. 

It would only be a dream to be the girl that Harry kissed in the rain, I could only imagine.  My eyes fell to the floor, noticing an umbrella sitting on the ground. It was like in the movies where that little lightbulb popped up above your head. I had an idea...

I turned my body towards him, "Harry, ou’re going to think I'm crazy, but after all the things we've done together in the past two days, this might not be such a big deal." I really don't know why I wanted to do this, but the thrill of all the things we had done already, it was still inside me and I wanted to get one more thing done before this day was over.

"Oh do tell Madam" he asked with a goofy grin on his face.

This excitement was rushing through me. "How about we ditch this cab, without paying of course once again, and walk home. And if you're too worried about getting your hair wet, you can even use the umbrella to keep yourself dry." 

"You are insane. What happened to the good girl inside of you?" Harry teased with a smirk on his face.

"Oh shut up! So, are you in or not?" 

He stared at me for a bit and then finally smiled. "I'm in. Let's do this." He replied taking off his seatbelt.

I grabbed the umbrella from the taxi and Harry made sure to look out the window carefully to check if the taxi driver was still out of sight. 

"Ah, good, the coast is clear. He's inside the store paying now, c'mon!" 

"You make it sound like we're robbing a bank?" I glared at him.

"So what? It adds more effect. Now hurry before he comes back!" Harry answered. We opened the car door and booked it out of the taxi. l opened the umbrella, and Harry held it covering it over the both of us to keep each other dry.

"That was close! I actually thought he would see us!" Rachel said panting from the mile they just ran. 

"Yeah, I know. Boy, I'm so tired."

I giggled. The rain felt so nice, Icould feel the tiny drops pelting on my arms, the rest of my body completely dry, covered from the umbrella. The nice, fresh, and cool weather around us made it feel so nice and calm. The pattering sound of the rain hitting the umbrella with every drop, but it slowly, started to get louder and louder. 

We walked for a while, getting back into the neighbourhood and noticed the weather just kept getting more and more worse. The rain started to pour harder, and the wind grew heavier. I struggled to see what was ahead of me, while I tried to flip my hair out of my face, and my vision being blurred by the heavy rain. Then of course, the worst happened. Harry lost hold of the umbrella and the umbrella was dragged away into the sky. We both panicked, being unable to breath by the heavy wind, and the rain soaking us. 

"OH MY GOD! What do we do now?" I panicked standing there drenched in the rain. 

"I see a tiny hut there. There’s a bench and all at the park with a roof, let’s go sit under it till the weather calms down." Harry didn't wait for me to answer and quickly ran, dragging me behind him to the hut.

I stood there with him blowing heat into my hands and shivering. "Wow, look at our luck. I think this is karma actually getting back at us every time you know. We do an evil deed, like not pay for a hotel our cab, then we either get stuck with no rid or stuck outside in this weather" I chuckled at my own thought. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry I got you into this mess Rach. I know you’re a good kid, I feel like such a bad influence on you." Harry whispered with his eyes staring at the floor and his arms crossed in front of him.

I took off my sweater slowly and placed it on the bench behind me. I walked up closer to Harry and leaned down.  "Harry, do you think I'm a child? Do you even know what you have done to me today?" 

"Yeah, I know Rach I'll make it up to you I'm so sorr—“ 

“No Harry." I interrupted Harry and continued.

“Harry, you've shown me a new perspective of life. I guess, all these years while I've focused so much in school, working hard and trying to be, well perfect, I forgot how to have fun. Today, you showed me what it was like to do that again. To be someone who broke the rules and didn't care about the consquences afterwards. So, thank you for that." I couldn't help but blush, gazing into his perfect shining eyes.

"Well, that wasn't the reaction I was expecting, but I guess, you’re welcome? And you too actually you did the same for me." he said with his glowing smile.

I arched my eyebrow confused waiting for an explanation.

"I don't quite understand you yet, but I guess I'll grow into it soon. Education wise, and some behaviour and stuff is you can consider, supposed to be perfect. But the way you are, so casual, so messy, I love it. You showed me not to be so perfect as well and enjoy myself. So thank you as well."

I hadn't even realize I had down that, truthfully I felt so stupid burping in his face, but I guess it all worked out.  I stared at the grass, watching the rain hit every leaf. The wind thankfully had stopped, but the rain was still there. 

My eyes widened. Once again, there was that lightbulb ticking above my head. 

"You know what, I love the rain. I really don't know why I'm hiding under here. Let's go have some real fun!" I cheerfully announced. 

"What do you mean--" Before Harry could even ask, I ran out into the rain spinning in circles, dancing around in the rain.

Harry just watched me and laughed. I spread my arms beside me and looked up into the sky. The tiny droplets hit my eyelids each time. It felt so nice, so cliche, but so nice. I stopped spinning around, and shook my head at Harry.

"What are you doing just standing there, come on! You're  never gonna be able to experience this ever again, remember, what you told me?" I teased him, I wasn't taking no for an answer.

l ran up towards him and forced him out into the rain, rubbing his head making sure those perfect curls were all soaked.

"This is freezing! You're insane Rach! What have I turned you into!?" Harry shouted, but he was laughing. 

"Oh shut up and just enjoy it!" We both laughed and spun each other around in circles in the rain, as if we were little kids. Through all the dancing and jumping around, I didn't realize how slippery the ground was after being so wet. Somehow, my foot slipped and I lost my balance. Luckily, I felt Harry's hand on my back, and my arms were around his neck. My eyes were shut while I was waiting for the fall, but opened them realizing I was alright. My eyes stared into his deep green eyes. We were caught into a deep trance, not paying attention to anything else around us.

"Hey, Harry?" l started to ask breaking the silence. 

“Emm, Yeah?" 

“You know how you were telling me about that romantic kiss in the rain you were waiting for?" I asked as I continued looking straight into Harry's eyes, making sure not to chicken out now. 

"Yes, why?" Harry asked looking curious. 

"Well, I don't think you'll have to wait any longer." I couldn't believe I was doing this, but I was. I leaned in and gently kissed Harry's soft and moist lips.

Yes, finally. I did it. After all those years of wanting to touch those perfect lips I had only ever dreamt of, I had done it. I felt his lips part and he leaned into my, brushing his hands up my neck and held my face in his hands. He ran his hands through my hair and then down to my back.  It was like we had forgotten where we were standing, in the middle of the street, in the pouring rain just like a perfect romantic movie. I ran my hand through his soft curls and then ran my other hand down his jawline. 

I felt Harry's hands go down below my hips, and he pulled my legs around him, lifting me off the grond. He kept his lips on mine while he spun me around. I pulled away, unable to stop herself from laughing. We both laughed hysterically and then finally Harry slowly let me down onto my feet again, and put his hands on my waist. 

"I couldn't have a had a better kiss in the rain with any other girl." Harry whispered and he cupped my chin, making direct eye contact. I didn't say anything, but instead I just leaned in and kissed him again. 

The rain had finally stopped and we pulled back looking around us. Now that you paid attention, it was actually a very disgusting scenery. Not like the movies where there would be rainbows all around us after the rain. It was wet, and dark and humid. I turned my head and looked at Harry who had an equally disgusted expression as mine. 

"Just for the record, I faked that whole car thing. My car was working fine the second time around, I just wanted to spend more time with you" He whispered with a smirk on his face.

I shoved him and laughed. "Let's get home now." 

END OF CHAPTER 11!

Hope you enjoyed and remember to leave me your comments/suggestions as always! Thanks for reading !

-- Rida xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 164 20
NIALL: What in the world just happened? I choked at seeing this girl? And did a spit take when I actually got a good look at her? What the hell is...
327K 11.5K 26
Liam is the new kid at Gateway High School, London. He quickly becomes friends with Louis Tomlinson, an average not so popular boy at Gateway who sho...
242K 4.9K 30
Niall has had a tough life, after some family complications in freshman year - he had to leave his home in Mullingar Ireland to move to England. Luck...
519K 14.1K 29
Niall Horan was visiting the States from Ireland on a school field trip. It's summer, so they decided to visit Denver, Colorado. Hoping they would en...