Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
Something Right
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

Gift Exchange

25.6K 779 627
By GeekEvergirl

....................................................
Heyooo!
Here I am with yet another update!
So I wasn't planning on this, but this chapter's song has to be this one: "All I Want For Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey.😂 I actually found quite funny how these chapters are being written so close to Christmas. I hadn't planned this, it was really random. But cool they it did!

Haven't asked you guys a question in a while, so here is goes: what do you guys want/ asked for Christmas? And no "SHAWN MENDES", or "FOR SHAWN MENDES TO DATE ME" doesn't count as an answer! Sorry not sorry 😂 believe me, that would be my answer too. But without being this, I asked for merch: the varsity jacket and a hoodie! The VIP tickets also are kind of mixed in this present, but my parents promised me these before Christmas even got close by soo...
Well, I hope you enjoy! :)
Xx,
Sara
....................................................
Sadie's POV:
"Urgh I think I ate too much. I think I'm gonna explode." Shawn huffs holding his stomach while he rests his head on my shoulder, just after he had eaten every single thing on his plate and repeated.

"Me too." I chuckle, lying his head on top of his. We both had been so hungry by midnight, we couldn't contain ourselves from eating so much and so fast. The food was delicious, and we just devoured everything. Everyone else was still eating, though Aaliyah looked like she was about to finish her second serving too.

Though the food weighing down on my stomach and the time was making me quite tired, I couldn't help but feel hyped. This was definately the best Christmas ever. People laughed as we talked to each other, everyone looked like they were having a great time.

"Well I know that you guys are full, but do you want some dessert?"

Aaliyah, Shawn and I instantly sit up straight, prepared to eat more. "Yes please!" We say at the same time, and laugh. No matter how full I was, there was always a special place for desserts. I look at my father, who also seems quite cheered up with the idea of dessert, and my mum shakes her head, chuckling.

"Like father, like daughter."

After eating, Shawn, Aaliyah and I plopped down on the couch again, waiting for the adults so we could open one gift each. I found it different how Christmas was celebrated here. I was used to opening all of the gifts on the Christmas Eve, and here they only chose one to open, leaving the rest to open on the following day.

I really didn't mind though. I honestly didn't know which one I would open, or even whether I had any to open. Again, my presents were the books, and I didn't ask for anything. I actually was much more excited to give them. I always put a lot of thinking and effort into gifts, trying to find something the person will genuinely like. I just really hope they do.

"Sadie, come here." Shawn says pulling me towards him by his arm that was around my shoulder, and making me in the camera's shot range. Not even having time to debate, I smile at the phone, and Shawn snaps a picture of us. He does something on his phone, and moments later my phone's screen flashes, notifying me that Shawn had posted a photo and tagged me on it. He shrugs and gives me a sheepish grin, "Sorry, I can't help it."

"Oh so I've seen." I chuckle.

"So, who wants to start?" Mrs. Mendes asks, looking around at everyone.

"Oh, oh, me!" Aaliyah raises her hand, bouncing a bit on her seat.

"Of course." Karen laughs. "And I'm guessing you want this?" She brings out a rectangular box, and probably knowing what was inside it already, she takes it from her mother's hands with a huge smile, and starts unwrapping it. As soon as she sees that it was what she suspected it was, she hugs her parents.

"Thank you! It was exactly this laptop I wanted!" I smile as I watch Aaliyah unwrapping her present beside me, observing others open presents that they liked always making me happy somehow.

"Ok, so next person..." Mrs. Mendes' eyes land on me right after, however she quickly looks at Shawn as he throws her an alarming look. I could make out a subtle nod coming from Karen, and she continues, "Shawn, which gift you want to open?"

I didn't get what these looks were all about, and I don't know why but I had the impression that they were about me. Probably I was just being paranoid, though. So I decide to ignore it, and look at Shawn to see what he chooses. My stomach tightens in excitement as I remember the gift I got him, which was hidden in the basement. If everything went alright and he hadn't ordered it already, he would love it.

"Um, I don't know..." He looks around at everyone in the room, until his eyes land on mine and he smiles. "I want Sadie's."

My smile gets bigger in excitement, and I confirm, "You want mine?"

"I'm curious to see what you got me. Though I have a suspicion that it is another basket full of muffins."

"Haven't you eaten enough food today for a week?" I tease him.

"Sadie, you should know already. Just like you always have space for ice cream, I always have space for muffins."

After I announce that the gift is upstairs and that I'd be right back with it, I go up the steps quickly, causing of course for me to trip. I decide that it is too dangerous for me to go up so quick, so I slow down, being more careful with my footing.

I find the heavy box in a corner, and pick it up, going down the steps again. Shawn had told me about this back when he was in my city, and he told me how he planned on ordering one, though he just never found the time to do so. He talked with me about it with so much enthusiasm, telling me each detail that he wanted on it. I don't know how I did it, but it seemed to stick to my mind, as when it was time for me to order it I had no trouble remembering what he wanted.

I fortunately had already ordered it to Shawn's house before I had known that I was coming to Canada, and planned with Karen for her to put it away until Christmas. If I had asked for it to be shipped to my home, I had no clue how I would have done to hide it from him when I arrived.

I finally get back to the living room and give the present to Shawn, who seemed genuinely surprised of it not being a basket with muffins.

"What is it?" He asks, looking at the big box I placed before him before looking back at me.

"Open it to find out." I say smiling. "Merry Christmas."

He finally decides to unwrap it, revealing the rectangular guitar case that was hidden beneath it. Once he sees the logo on the top, he looks at me, his eyes bright with enthusiasm. "Is it-?"

I only smile at him as an answer, finally urging him to open the case. He lifts the leather lid, revealing his brand new guitar.

"Sadie, oh my god..." He says, looking at it. He takes it out from the case and holds it in his hands, a huge smile on his face. This smile just made me feel so accomplished. "It is so perfect, everything about it." He looks up at me and smiles, before he lays it beside him and stands up, engulfing me in a hug.

"Thank you so so much, this is the best gift ever.Well without counting with the fact that you are here." He says while giving me one of his bear hugs. He pulls away, and I beam back at him, so happy that he liked it.

"No problem, guitar boy." I say.

"Well, you gave a gift already, why don't you choose now one to open?" Shawn asks me.

"Um..." I start awkwardly, looking around at everyone. "Do I even have gifts?"

Shawn knitted his eyebrows together, not understanding. "Why wouldn't there be gifts for you?"

"Because I didn't ask for anything from my parents, and I told you not to buy any gift for me."

"And you really think I wouldn't?" He asks, his eyebrows raised high. I shrug, and he shakes his head, laughing. "Sadie, I know that everyone in this room bought you one, so you can choose. Though I was hoping that you'd want to receive mine."

I looked around the room, and everyone seemed to plead to me with their eyes for me to chose his, I don't know why. I had a feeling that they knew what it is. "Well if you want to give it to me so much, then go ahead." I smile.

Shawn links his hand with mine and drags me towards the front door, something I wasn't expecting. "Then come with me." We put on our coats and he opens the door for me, allowing me to pass before he closes the door behind him. Intertwining our fingers again, Shawn starts to walk and guides me in a direction, though I had no clue to where we were going.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"Just somewhere so it can be just the two of us. Somewhere more special."

I don't know how I only had realized this now, the fact that it was snowing. Not too much, just faint snowing that made the tiniest flocks fall from the sky. We finally arrived to a bench, where Shawn pulled me towards to sit down, and as I did, I realized that funnily, it was the same bench I had ran off to the other day after I had pushed him away, and came here to sort out my thoughts.

"I actually came here the other day. It is so beautiful here, even more at night. Thanks for bringing me here." I smile at him, and he smiles too, though he seemed a tad confused.

"Yes it is pretty... But wait, did you think that this was the gift?" 

I turn to him. "It isn't?"

He chuckles and shakes his head. "No, it isn't."

"Then what is it?" I question.

He takes in a deep breath, and takes something from an inside pocket of his coat. He looks down at the small black box in his hands, and then looks up at me. "Do you remember that day I didn't tell you where I went?" He asks, and surprised that I had basically forgotten about it, I nod. "So... That's where I went. I went to get this."

He smiles at me, and opens the small box, revealing a ring. Tiny sparkles adorned the edge of the ring, while in the middle rested a bigger stone. It was beautiful.

"I made sure that the size was right for your finger, I asked your mum to bring one of yours from home so I could make the same size, and then I thought you would like this one, as it is not that sparkly but still has sparkles, just how you like it, and then the middle stone wasn't that big either so I thought you would like it too and-"

"Shawn... This ring is beautiful, thank you." I say, admiring it. I looked back at him smiling, and he seemed happy.

"I'm happy that you liked it. But Sadie..." He looked down, a bit uneasy. "I was thinking that maybe... This could be a bit more than a simple ring gift. If you want to, of course."

I looked up from the ring. "What do you mean?"

He looks back up to me, but remains silent, trying to find the right words. "Back in that day. When you told me that you were afraid that I would break up with you because I will have to wait for you, I realized that I had done something wrong. I hadn't shown you how much I felt for you, because if I had, well, that thought wouldn't have even crossed your mind. So I thought that maybe this promise ring could help me a bit with showing you how much you mean to me."

I take in his words slowly, and as I do, this warm feeling in my chest just took even more and more of me. With his free hand, Shawn brings his hand to mine, and takes my hand in his. "You mean the world to me Sadie, and I know we're young, but I just know that this is real. I never felt this before, what I feel for you... I love you. And remember: you and only you, not whoever you think I deserve. And I promise that no matter how big the distance is between us, I will always do the impossible to make this work Sadie, because you are worth it." He pauses. "Would you accept this promise ring?"

I look at Shawn in disbelief, controlling myself from bringing my hand to my arm and pinching myself to wake myself up from this dream. It felt like one, with the snow falling delicately on our hair, and the words that were leaving his mouth. But crazy or not, it wasn't one. This was very much real, and happening.

"Yes Shawn, I accept your promise ring." I smile. His eyes widen in a bit of a shock, and he beams goofily at me.

"W-wait, you do?"

I chuckle, nodding. "Yes Shawn, I do. I think that maybe now the one who needs to realize how much you mean to me is you, because you shouldn't even doubt that I would say yes."

He laughs and looks back at the ring, and then at my hand that was in his. "May I?" He asks, taking the ring out of the box. I nod, and he slips gently the ring onto my finger, treating my hand like if it was something delicate and precious.

I smile as I look at it, and then smile at Shawn. It was weird how a few days ago I was convinced that he was breaking up with me on no time, and now here he was, giving me a promise ring. I place my hand on the back of his neck and bring my lips to his, kissing him gently but pationately, telling him everything I feel through the kiss. I pull back just enough to meet his light brown eyes, and repeat to him what I had basically just done through our kiss. "I love you."

Shawn pulls me towards me and kisses me one more time, this time a bit more intensely, before he pulls away and says, "I think we better get back, or maybe they'll start thinking that running away was a part of the gift." I laugh at this and nod, standing up with him and walking back to his house in silence, the hand that was now with the promise ring linked with his.

We arrive at the front porch, where I could make out Shawn better in the dark, the light from the Christmas decorations lighting his face up. He had on a smile just as big as mine on his face, making the number of people who were smiling like idiots be two. Well, we were idiots, but idiots in love. And I didn't mind that at all.

I reached for the knob of the door when Shawn shakes his head, making a sound of disapporval. I turn to him, and though his smile was just the same as a second ago, there was a new sneakiness to it.

He directs my eyesight by looking up himself, where there was a small plant hanging on the door frame just above us. Mistletoe.

"Why do I have a feeling that you put it there on purpose?" I ask him.

"Me?" He looks at me with a look of feign shock. "Sadie, how dare you blame me? You know I wouldn't do something of this sort..." He says, "But well... Mistletoe is mistletoe, right? We can't say no..."

I laugh at him while he already leaned in, chuckling too. This boy was certainly something else.

As we kiss, I remembered of the beginning of these holidays. How initially I thought that these would be the best holidays ever, and then just on que, things went downhill. But in the end I was right, and I was so glad about it. These still managed to be the best holidays.

"Merry Christmas, Sadie." He says after he pulled apart, still holding my cheek.

"Merry Christmas Shawn." I say back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 915 7
They are both 16 almost 17. And that means it will almost be 3 years together. And Newt has been officially living in the Stilinski house for a year...
974K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
255K 6.1K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
667K 13.1K 53
Julie Marie Gray and her mom moved to Beverly Hills to start a new life after what happened in their past. Julie visits the BHHS and finds new friend...