Wishes (A Camren Story)

By iloveyou1234566

FIRST BOOK IN THE WISHES SERIES Everyone at Miami High is obsessed with Camila Cabello except for Lauren Jaur... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 (UPDATED)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
Sequel
Publish Preview: Chapter 1

Chapter 26

18.9K 663 325
By iloveyou1234566

If I had one wish, we would be best friends, love would never end, it would just begin.

If I had one wish, you would be my boo, promise to love you, trust me I trust you.

If I had one wish, we would run away, making love all day, have us a baby.

If I had one wish, I'd make you my whole life and you'd be my wife, make it right this time.

Camila continued singing the lyrics to her favorite song, "One Wish" while she washed the conditioner out of her dark, thick hair. Once all the conditioner was out, she turned off the water and started humming "One Wish" silently to herself. She grabbed the white towel laying on top of the toilet seat and dried off her body before stepping out into the small humid room.

She wrapped the white towel around her petite body and walked out into the cool, air conditioned room. Goosebumps spread across her body and her body began to shiver to help bring warmth. She quickly grabbed an outfit out of the drawer before turning around and taking a quick glimpse of Alexa.

The little girl was staring down at the iPad intently. Her eyebrows were furrowed and a tiny pout was perched on her lips as she tried to beat her high score in Color Switch. Rarely did Camila ever let Alexa play on electronics, however, every time she allowed Alexa to play, the little girl would make the cutest and funniest facial expressions.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," Alexa announced as she continued to tap the iPad screen rapidly.

"Let me get dressed and then we can grab a bite to eat," Camila replied as she quickly walked over to the bathroom, shutting the Pirates of the Caribbean curtain behind her.

Camila let the towel drop to the floor and she covered herself back up in non matching undergarments and a light blue romper. She ran her fingers through her wavy damp hair, deciding to keep it natural because as the day progressed she knew it would only end up in a messy bun. She then proceeded with her makeup, only applying a little here and there.

She took a step back and admired herself in the mirror. She smiled brightly, looking at the finished product, and knowing her work would disappear as the day goes on.

"Are you ready, Lex," Camila asked as she pulled the curtain back. The little girl was still looking at the screen the same way she was before Camila left her to get ready.

"One more round," the little girl said as she tapped her tiny finger on the screen.

Usually, Camila would say "no" but today, she could care less. She was in a good mood. The best mood. A mood she hadn't experienced in the longest time.

"I hate this game," Alexa grumbled as she placed the iPad on the nightstand and crawled out beneath the covers.

Alexa wore the same light blue romper as Camila except her blonde hair was pulled up into piggy tails. Camila was one of those moms who loved matching with her daughter, but as Alexa aged and grew her own opinion, their matching outfits were a rarity.

"Lex, where are your bows?" Camila asked as the two bows Camila placed in Alexa's hair earlier were missing.

"I don't know," the little girl shrugged as she tugged on her white converse.

"I think I know where they might be," Camila said as she spotted the two bows at the foot of the bed.

"Good job, mommy," Alexa said, flashing a smile.

Camila shook her head as she picked up the two bows.

"Can you please put them back on?" Camila asked, knowing it was a long shot. Alexa hated anything "girly". She'd much rather be in a t-shirt, shorts, and unbrushed hair.

"I don't want to."

"Can you keep them in for a picture and then you can take them out for the rest of the day?" Camila negotiated.

"Can I get a Mickey waffle?" Alexa asked hopefully.

"You can get as many Mickey waffles as you want," Camila answered with a huge smile.

"Okay," Alexa nodded as she walked over to Camila.

Camila finished putting the bows back in Alexa's hair before tying the laces on Alexa's shoes. She then put on a matching pair of white converse and grabbed her phone and magic bands off the table. 

"Take a picture, mommy," Alexa said as she ran over to the white fence and climbed up on it.

Camila granted her daughter's request and snapped a few shots, knowing only one of those would be the best.

"Now Mickey waffles?!" Alexa asked excitedly as she hopped down from the fence.

"Let me get one of your face," Camila said, being that mother who insisted on a million different types of pictures.

Alexa stood tall in front of the fence and placed her hands on her hips. She shot the camera a wide grin and waited a few seconds before closing her mouth.

"Mickey waffles now," Alexa said as she broke her pose and pulled the white bows out of her hair.

"Now we can get you your waffles," Camila said as she took the white bows and shoved them into her pocket.

"I'll get Lamp," Alexa happily said as she skipped over to Lauren's room.

"Lex," Camila quickly said, stopping the little girl. "Lauren isn't in her room."

"Where is she?" Alexa asked confused.

"She's with her friends."

"Oh," Alexa said as her smile dropped and her brown eyes stared down at the pink pavement.

"But that doesn't mean we can't have fun," Camila said as her heart broke.

"Is she going to come back?" Alexa asked as she followed her mom down the sidewalk.

"She always comes back," Camila nodded.

"Can we see her?" Alexa asked as her eyes moved up to look at Camila.

"Maybe," Camila said, not giving her daughter a straightforward answer because she was unsure of the answer herself.

"Okay."

Camila couldn't stand to look at her hurt daughter. It scared her that someone had that much affect on her daughter. Camila was unsure of where Lauren and her stood. Yes, Lucy was now out of the picture, but she still didn't know how to label Lauren and herself, or if they were even close to putting a label on themselves. All she knew was that her and Lauren were happy.

Camila and Alexa galloped down to Old Port Royale like Maximus from Tangled per Alexa's request. The duo received a few strange looks, but Camila could care less. Everyone is always quick to judge and ruin someone else's fun. However, Camila wasn't going to let someone's terrible attitude ruin hers or her daughter's.

Once they entered the building, Alexa led them over to the restaurant that served the Mickey Waffles. After getting their food, they walked over to the registers and paid for it.

"Which table, Lex?" Camila asked as they walked into the eating area.

"Hmm," Alexa said as her eyes scanned around the room for the perfect table. "This one," she said as she chose a table a few feet away from them.

Camila placed their plates on the table before walking over to the drink station. After walking around to see every drink option, Alexa settled with her usual lemonade and Camila got her sweet tea.

"I want to cut my waffle," Alexa insisted as she sat down in her chair.

"Little girls aren't allowed to use knives. Remember?"

"But I'm a big girl," Alexa fought.

"Let mommy show you first," Camila said, giving in.

She showed Alexa how to hold the fork and knife properly before they could cut into the food. After a few more cuts, Alexa got the hang of it and began to cut without the help of Camila. Camila became teary as she watched her daughter do more grown-up things. Before Alexa, she would've gave people a strange look when they cried over something as simple as this, but now having Alexa, she was sad to see her "baby" do big girl things.

"I did it," Alexa said proudly as she held up the plastic fork that had a piece of waffle at the end.

"I see," Camila smiled as she snapped a photo to capture this moment. Yup, she was definitely that mom.

[Lauren💚 - How are my girls?!]

Camila's heart skipped a beat as she read the new message that rolled in. My girls.

[Camila - Alexa was a little upset when her "lamp" wasn't there to get breakfast with us but now her focus is on cutting her Mickey waffle by herself]

[Lauren💚 - Aww man:(]

[Lauren💚 - I feel bad for not being there]

[Camila - don't be]

[Lauren💚 - tell her I'll make it up to her]

[Camila - you have a lot of making up to do]

[Lauren💚 - I don't like disappointing the queen]

[Camila - I'm sure she doesn't even remember the promises you make her]

Camila looked up from her phone to see Alexa studying the waffle intently. Her tiny tongue poked out of the side of her mouth and her little hands moved the utensils carefully as she cute through the fluffy waffle.

[Lauren💚 - Well I remember them and I refuse to break any promises]

[Camila - mmm]

[Lauren💚 - What?]

[Camila - nothing]

[Lauren💚 - Do you not believe me?]

[Camila - no, I do]

[Lauren💚 - Okay]

[Lauren💚 - Are you two coming to Animal Kingdom later?]

[Camila - I'm not sure yet. Depends on what the princess wants to do]

[Lauren💚 - Well Dinah wants you to come]

[Camila - Oh yeah?]

[Lauren💚 - She won't shut up about you🙄]

[Camila - hmm...sounds like you're talking about yourself 😏]

[Lauren💚- I may or may not have joined in the conversation about you]

[ Camila - Oh?]

[Lauren💚 - I can't help it. You're just so incredibly beautiful and perfect. I could talk about you for years without running out of things to say]

Camila's cheeks turned a bright rosy red and she felt her body fill up with love. The things Lauren said always sent her overboard.

[Lauren💚 - Camz??]

[Lauren💚 - So are you coming or not?]

[Camila - Yes]

[Lauren💚 - Alright cool]

Camila shook her head and laughed at Lauren's text. She loved how calm and cool the older girl always tried to sound, but she knew inside the green-eyed girl was freaking out. It was exactly the same feelings she experienced.

"How's your waffle, Lex?" Camila asked as she placed her phone down on the table and dived into her breakfast.

"Good," Alexa said with a mouthful of breakfast.

After breakfast the two girls walked over to the gift shop and bought a disposable Kodak camera for Alexa. Last night, when Camila headed back to the resort, a small girl around Alexa's age was sitting across from her, holding a disposable camera. Camila watched as the little girl sat on her knees and took pictures outside the bus window with the camera. As Camila watched, she decided to do the same with Alexa. She was interested to see what Disney looked like from a four-year-old views without having her phone cluttered with blurry pictures of the ground and random people's legs.

As Camila and Alexa walked out to the bus stop, Camila explained what Alexa should do with the camera. In a matter of minutes, Alexa already snapped three pictures. Two were of the road and one of the cloudy sky.

"Don't waste all your pictures, Lex," Camila said as she watched Alexa get ready to take another picture. "You can only take twenty-four more pictures and we're not even at the park yet. Once you run of pictures thats it," she explained.

"Are we going to see Lamp?" Alexa asked as handed her camera over to Camila.

"Yes," Camila nodded.

"Mommy, do you like Lamp?" Alexa asked as she sat next to her mother.

"I do. Do you?" Camila asked even though she knew what the answer would be.

"Yes," Alexa answered. "Lamp is really nice and fun. I want her to be in my life forever. I never want her to leave me. Lauren is part of our family."

Camila was taken back when Alexa called Lauren by her actual name. A part of her became scared while the other part was happy. Who knew one person could make two girls the happiest and most loved people in the world.

"Lauren is never leaving us," Camila said confidently as she wrapped her arm around Alexa.

"Good," Alexa smiled.

---

"I don't see her," Alexa said as she stood up on a rock, looking for Lauren.

"Lex, let me put sunscreen on you," Camila said as she grabbed sunscreen out of Aidan's diaper bag.

"Lamp, where are you?" Alexa asked as her brown eyes scanned around the group of people entering and leaving the park.

"Carter, let mommy put sunscreen on you before you burn," Camila said in a serious tone.

"Fine," the little girl sighed as she jumped down from the rock.

"You're such a mean mom," Ally teased as she watched Alexa walk over to them.

"Remember when mom always ruined our adventures by taking time out of our day to put sunscreen on?" Camila asked as she rubbed sunscreen all over Alexa's fair skin.

"Yeah, or when you would ruin my sandcastles because I was too busy being smothered in lotion."

"I was trying to help you," Camila defended.

"Well your trying resulted in a flattened sandcastle."

"That's why you don't let a two-year-old help you build a sandcastle."

"I didn't let you. Dad let you."

"Same thing."

"No it isn't," Ally laughed.

"Mommy, can I go back on my rock?" Alexa asked as her eyes stayed looking at the group of people moving around them.

"Yes, but be careful."

"I will," Alexa said as she ran back over to the rock she was standing on earlier.

"She loves Lauren," Ally said as she rubbed lotion into Aidan's skin.

"I know," Camila agreed as her eyes stayed locked on Alexa.

"Does it scare you?" Ally asked.

"Huh?" Camila asked, not paying attention to what Ally said.

"Does it scare you? " Ally repeated.

"No. Why would it?"

"I see the looks you and Lauren give each other," Ally smirked as she strapped Aidan back into the stroller. "It's the same way Jay and I look at each other."

"It's that noticeable?" Camila panicked as her heart began to beat rapidly.

"Even a blind person can tell you two are obsessed with each other," Ally admitted.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit," Camila mumbled as he ran her fingers through her thick hair. "Do you think mom and dad know?" She asked, not wanting to have that conversation with her parents. Not yet anyways.

"I don't know. There's probably a chance they do."

"Fuck."

"Don't get too worked up over it, Sis," Ally said as she placed a hand on Camila's shoulder. "I'm sure mom and dad won't care that you're in love with a girl. I mean, I've never saw them react badly to any gay couple they've seen."

"You know how they get when I start to like someone. They hate it and then proceed to make me feel like a shitty person because I shouldn't bring any other guy around Alexa except for her father."

"Well, Lauren isn't a guy, so maybe they'll be a little a less harsh."

Camila looked over at her older sister and gave her a who-are-we-kidding look. "I doubt it," the young mother said.

"Has mom said anything to you?" Ally questioned.

"No," Camila admitted truthfully.

"Then I doubt they've noticed anything, and if that's the case, then maybe you two should try to hide the feelings you two have for times when you two are alone. Especially so Alexa doesn't get the wrong idea and get hurt in the long run."

"Yeah," Camila said as she looked back over at Alexa.

"Sorry," Ally apologized, feeling bad for killing her sister's mood.

"No, you're just stating the truth," Camila said, knowing her sister was right. Maybe Lauren and her should keep their feelings private until they officially know what they are.

"Lamp!" Alexa yelled out as she spotted her green-eyed best friend. Alexa jumped off the rock and ran over to Lauren, crashing her tiny body into Lauren's legs. "I haven't see you in foreverrrr," the little girl dragged on as she held on Lauren's legs tightly.

"How you doin' kid?" Lauren asked as she picked Alexa up.

"Good," Alexa replied. "I learned how to cut like a big girl," she shared.

"Oh yeah?" Lauren asked, becoming interested in what the little girl had to say.

"Yeah," Alexa nodded. "I'm a master."

"Well you're going to have to teach me if you're a master."

"I will. Don't worry."

"Where's your mom at, Kid?" Lauren asked as her green eyes scanned around for her second favorite girl.

"Over there," Alexa pointed over to Camila who had her eyes locked on them.

Camila's heart began to race when Lauren looked over at her. Lauren flashed a smile and Camila felt a piece inside of her die. She had only been away from Lauren for one night, and Lauren looked more beautiful then ever before. The way her dark hair cascaded down and her piercing green eyes that stood out from the rest. Camila was in love and she could care less about who noticed.

----

Hi Guys!

How are you?

I hope you all have a super, fantastic, amazing day/night! And to those who have finals coming up, good luck!

- Ashley

Twitter - dinahaddict

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 892 23
America has some secrets. A lack of sleep, an inability to control his entire country. Hell, even his family notices some changes. I'm starting to th...
343K 6.6K 30
"you're so fucking hot" "I FUCKING HATE YOU" "please just hold me" "I really wanna kiss you right now" (G!p Lauren)
45.4K 1.7K 32
Camila and Lauren have finally found each other again after many years. Lauren is a WNBA star and Camila is a successful sports medicine doctor. Ho...
232K 4K 22
Basic high school love story. Popular Lauren and basic Camila fall in love. What if love is the only thing they have in common? Is love really all? I...