Never Ending Relationships

By destinybella

Now that Grant has been tooken to jail , what will Madelyn do? She's lost the support of her family and now s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 7 continued.
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 20

24 0 0
By destinybella

Grant

I wasn't super ecstatic about Jesse and his cousin Nathan sticking around for too long. After all what man would be okay with his girl's ex staying for dinner?

I was making the dinner which was : Parmesan Chicken and Parsley with mashed potatoes and eggs.  It was a bit of a mix of breakfast and dinner.  Madelyn walked in with a huge smile on her face as she washed her hands and started cutting the vegetables .

"What's got you smiling so hard?" I asked.

" Oh , Jesse was dancing for Caleb and Carebear , it was so cute. "

"Oh , okay." I responded .

"Why?" she asked me and I just shook my head. Madelyn placed her knife down and hugged me.

" Give me a kiss." she spoke softly and I  let my lips find hers to intertwine. I grabbed her waist as she climbed to her tippy toes.  She pulled away after what seemed like an hour.

" See , I love you. And only you." Madelyn said. I smiled against her lips and gave her a peck . She touched my face and sighed before saying , " I could do that with you forever. Any who let's get back to cooking Chef Jackson."  Then she pranced back over to where she was standing and continued cutting the vegetables .

I don't understand why I worried. She was mine to have .

After placing everything on the stove and setting the timer , I went to the living room. Nathan sat watching the sports channel and Jesse sat reading a book to Carolina. Madelyn was laid out on the sofa sleeping with Caleb gently tucked between her arms. I awed at that , kissing her cheek and then waltzing over to Carolina.

"She's pretty bright. " Jesse said looking at me.

" Probably gets it from her mother's side of the family."

" Not to be rude , but didn't her mother die?"

I sat there remembering it , remembering when my mother told me she was dead.

" Yes she did , she made a stupid decision that day , but the best decision we made together was having Carolina. Making her a bit smart . " I let out a laugh.

"  So what made you like Madelyn?" he asked me.

"The same thing that made you like her when you met her in middle school."

"Her smile ." Jesse quickly responded.

I grinned looking back at her.

" She's a bright girl , probably why Carolina's so bright." I added , grabbing her finger gently. 

" And  how do you feel about her not being your biological child?"

" She is my child no matter what. I raised her , I've been there since her birth and I will always be here for her. " I replied , making my voice as grounded as possible.

" You , Caleb , Carolina , Madelyn , perfect family right? " he questioned , but it came out more like a statement.

I patted his back and went to go check on the food which was done. I placed the plates of food on the table and then made Caleb's bottle. I grabbed the high chair from the closet and placed her plate of mashed potatoes.
On cue , Nathan came into the kitchen and rubbed his hands together.

"Foods ready!" he shouted. I shook my head as I watched him sit down. It took a couple of minutes for everyone to get seated , Madelyn walked in yawning with Caleb in hand. I took Caleb from her and kissed her cheek. As I fed Caleb , I noticed Madelyn not eating.

" Madelyn. What's going on?" I asked and everyone stopped eating to look at her. 

" Nothing babe , nothing. " She responded with a smile as she began to eat. Carolina sat in her high chair laughing and eating her mashed potatoes.  I finished feeding Caleb and in walked the others  which were Avan ,Cassidy , Dylan and Nicholas.

"And company." Cassidy shouted. Madelyn got up and hugged Avan. He messed with her hair  and Dylan hugged her too.

"Did you get it? The album ? " Dylan asked her.

"No , I haven't checked my mail yet. I'll go do that right now." Madelyn said leaving the kitchen. Nicholas walked up to me and asked for Caleb. I gently placed  Caleb in his arms and followed Maddy out. I found her sitting on the bench in the patio.

"Well my album came in the mail." She said with a laugh.

" Tell me what's wrong."

She looked at me and then started to cry , " I miss my father and I feel like a total failure. It wasn't supposed to be this way , my dad isn't supposed to be dead. He's supposed to be here , enjoying the life with us."

" Maddy. I know how you feel but there are some people you can't help. Your dad tried to kill you for Pete's sake-" I spoke until she cut me off.

"That's not the dad I miss. The dad I miss is the one who would take me on shopping trips , the one who held me when I cried , the one who protected me , the one who loved me. And maybe if we had gotten him to stop drinking , he could've still been here. And I'm not enough for you , I'm putting too much on your plate."

I grabbed her hand and wiped her cheek.

"I understand how you feel about your dad ,  we'll get past that together. And for you to say that you're not enough for me , is complete bullshit. I love you. I don't need anything more out of you. You're raising two kids and one of them is not your obligation. You are the mother of my child , you are the woman I want to marry. I want to marry the hell out of you so I can call you Mrs. Jackson. You have no clue how much I love you and I'm here for you , through any and everything." She rested her head into my chest.

"Why do I have the best boyfriend ever?" She asked.

"Because he came in limited edition." I said and the air filled with our laughs.  I lifted up her face and kissed her softly.

" You're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I let out , stroking her hair. Maddy got up and took my hand.

" Let's go for a walk." Maddy shouted , jumping up and down. I sighed and followed her as she pointed at things and explained why she liked them. She made me smile and I loved her.

Maddy

I was driving to Starbucks , I was in dire need of a Vanilla Bean. Carolina sat in the back strapped in tight , reading or attempting to read , but she was doing a good job. I had left Caleb at home with my brother and Jesse.  I took my Vanilla Bean , paid the guy and left. My phone started to ring and I answered it.

"What's up sugarplum?" I asked.

"Sugarplum? Is that something new?" Grant asked back.

"Yep." I replied , buckling in Carolina. I kissed her cheek and closed the door. Then I got into the car.

" I'm on my way home right at this moment. Turning the corner near a Starbucks."

I saw his Lexus turning the corner and I followed behind him.

" I know , I'm trailing your tail." I shouted.

"Oh yeah , I see you , aren't you cute?" 
We got home within 15 minutes and it was late again , just like yesterday this day went by fast. Grant got out of his car and grabbed Carolina from my arms . I gripped his arm and smashed my lips against his.

"What do you say about  , putting all the kids to bed and taking a hot shower?" I asked him seductively.

"I think , I like that idea . Carolina and I will race you inside." He responded running off. I ran behind him and laughed while doing so. Grant was a child at heart , Grant was my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Numb By Aditri K

Teen Fiction

873 13 19
A girl became so numb that she couldn't lose control of herself. Everyone and everything were smothering her, even her parents. That's when she met s...
324K 9.7K 20
This about a woman who was lied to and cheated on by her husband who she loves with all her heart. They have twin daughters together. He knew how in...
488K 13K 39
What happens when you realise the man who owns your heart no longer treasures it? The man you fell in love with no longer exists? Do you stay? Or do...
2.3M 110K 27
They say a girl's first love is her father, but Morgan being raised by her older brother... he was hers. So when her brother ended up with life in ja...