VISIONARY ↠ A. LIGHTWOOD

By SHuntersCommunity

Visionary: relating to or having the ability to see visions in a dream or trance, or as a supernatural appari... More

P R O L O G U E
P L A Y L I S T
O N E || Scream
T W O || Mundane
T H R E E || Valentine's Alive
F O U R || Vampires
F I V E || "I love you"
S I X || Always worried
S E V E N || "I'm here, it's okay"
E I G H T || "Go ahead, Lightwood."
N I N E || Parkour
Information
ELEVEN || Fire in Mumbai
Hello everyone

T E N || Safe in His Arms

4.2K 159 15
By SHuntersCommunity

Back at the institute, Alec and Jace were beginning to grow agitated at their attempts to track the missing girls and their 'mundane' friend. "Whoever took Clary and Simon must be holding them over a body of water." The pair looked at each other in realization and huffed, knowing they were back at square one.

"That's why our Tracking rune won't work." Suddenly a ringing noise sounded from Clary's bag, Jace and Alec looked at the bag and walked towards the bag pulling out the phone. "Clary left her phone in her backpack."

"Hello?"

"Oh, I thought I'd never utter these words, but thank God it's you." Jace said, answering the phone to Simon.

"It's me, Simon."

"Where are you? Where's Clary?" Jace was rambling out questions one after the other, hoping that Simon would be able to answer all of them at once.

"I don't know, some Chinese restaurant, I think? This cop Alaric arrested us, but it was a total fake-out. Him and his buddy, they took us to their hangout and then they told Clary that they'll kill Adelaide if they don't find the Cup." Alec overheard the last part of the conversation, grabbing the phone from Jace in a blind panic, wanting to get Adelaide away from harm.

Alec put on a brave front as he spoke to Simon, trying to calm himself down as he spoke. "Just calm down, all right? Tell us what you see."

"Okay... Uh Uh, we're definitely on a pier, there's a ton of water. I see lockers and Oh,  I'm in some sort of torture chamber, there's claw marks all over the wall." Alec looked towards Jace with a knowing look.

"Werewolves." The pair looked at each other before Alec replied. "Okay, Simon, you need to get more specific, tell us what you see. Help us find you."

"There's nothing else that can help! Wait, hold on! Hold on. I'm at the Jade Wolf Chinese Restaurant on the pier at Greene St., they have really inexpensive cocktails. Please, just hurry."

"We're on our way, Simone; you need to create a diversion." Alec spoke as he, Izzy and Jace all began gathering weapons and walking out of the institute. "Stall them."

"How? All I have are clothes and a lighter."

"Start a fire, Simon." Izzy yelled over the phone, the boy rolled his eyes and laughed at the words of the girl.

"That never works! Have you ever seen an action movie?" Alec scoffed as he spoke one last time to Simon before hanging up.

"We're on our way."

--

"Would you let us go? Where's Simon?" Adelaide and Clary were yelling to the people outside, hoping one of them would finally let them go and then they could reunite with Simon.

"Keep your mouth shut!" Clary and Adelaide looked at each other recognizing the voice. Luke.

"I finally found you, Clary, Adelaide." Clary and Adelaide moved as far away as they could, Adelaide hated to be scared of Luke but she heard everything he said at the station, how could she trust him?

"You stay away from us!" Luke looked at the girls with sadness in his eyes, he seemed worried that he wouldn't be able to gain the trust of the two girls he holds so dearly again.

"Don't be afraid, please. I traced Alaric's car to the pier when he didn't return my calls, I'm here to help you." Adelaide saw that Luke didn't mean any harm but it still didn't make sense why he would say those things about Clary and her, like they meant nothing to him.

"Oh, really? I heard what you said at the precinct, you told those creeps the last 18 years of your life were a lie. That you didn't care what happened to either of us!" Clary grew furious at Luke, Adelaide felt tears begin to prick her eyes, she wiped them away before anyone saw.

"Those were Valentine's people, I lied to them to protect you, to protect Addie." He looked in Adelaide's eyes and smiled at her, she could feel the trust running back to her, she knew she could trust Luke, she was like a father to her, he was her dad.

"Don't come any closer! You want the Mortal Cup, just like everyone else."

"You know you can't cast spells with that thing?" Adelaide sniggered from the corner of the room, Clary didn't seem as amused by Luke's words as they did nothing but agitate her further, allowing her to grow angrier by the minute.

Before they could say another word, Luke walked towards the two girls and pulled them into his arms, pulling them out towards the door to get them out. "Where are you taking us?" Adelaide asked calmly, knowing Luke wasn't going to hurt them.

"Someplace safe. These people aren't messing around, they'll kill you both." Just as Luke was about to pull the girls out of the room, Jace walked through the door coming face-to-face with Luke, who was holding the two girls.

"Let them go!" Luke removed his arms from the two girls and held his hands up defensively, Clary ran into Jace's arms as Adelaide stood in the same place, looking up at Luke with a thankful smile. 

"You okay?" Jace brushed the hair from Clary's face as he looked into her eyes, as if she were fragile and was going to break.

"I will be, as soon as we find Simon."

Jace and Clary left the room, thinking Adelaide was behind them. She looked at Luke who pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head, just like he would when she was younger and scared. "Go, I'll be fine." She followed her friends and left Luke alone, knowing he was right.

As Adelaide reached the room where Jace and Clary had ran off to, she saw Simon and her red-headed friend embracing each other into a hug, they held on so tight she could see Clary's feet lift off of the floor as Simon held onto her tighter.

Alec entered the scene, he saw Adelaide in the corner, his shoulders dropped in relief as he addressed the group. "I hate to break up this little reunion, but we got a bunch of werewolves trying to kill us so maybe we should get going."

"Wait, what about the box? I left it in my backpack, which means its in the loft."

"No, we've got it" Alec's words calmed Clary down, "I didn't screw up everything." Adelaide walked towards Alec and the group while she waited for their next move.

"Let's get out of here, then." The six of them walked out of the Chinese restaurant and towards a car, as Simon walked further, Alec aw something from the corner of his eyes and pulled Adelaide behind him, before she could object he spoke out.

"Wait! Simon! Whatever you do, do not make any fast moves."

"Well, this can't be good." Simon moved back towards the shadowhunters slowly. None of them knew what to do.

"We're surrounded. Everyone, stay together." Jace's announcement made Clary and Simon huddle together.

"Believe me, I'm not going anywhere."

Adelaide was still behind Alec, she placed her hand on his back and walked around from his back, " Alec, I'm okay. I can help." He looked hesitant at first until he reluctantly nodded before saying she should be right next to him.

"Everyone, get back, that's the alpha leader." They looked at the dark colored wolf, slowly prowling towards them while growling, other wolves came closer, out from the shadows.

"Jace, behind!" Everyone looked to see a wolf with green eyes jump over the group and pounce on the alpha. "He's challenging the alpha. He's helping us!"

"Or cutting in line to kill us."

"The alpha's dead." Luke's voice sounded from behind the crates as he walked towards the group, his shirt was ripped and bloodied, Adelaide finally pieced everything together.

Luke was a werewolf.

"Oh, my God, Luke." All the wolves surrounding the area howled and bowed at the sight of Luke.

"What? What is it? What's happening?" Clary's frantic tone alerted Adelaide and she hugged her, trying to calm her down.

"When a werewolf kills the alpha leader, he becomes the new alpha. Your friend Luke's the leader of the pack now." Luke suddenly fell to the floor, Adelaide rushed over, scared of what had happened.

"Addie." Luke's voice was weak, it caused Adelaide to let out a choked sob as she saw how much blood he had lost and how hard it was for him to keep his eyes open. Clary neared the two she knew as family and joined them on the floor.

"It's okay, girls. I promised your mothers I'd always protect you." His hands were touching the girls cheeks, he brushed a tear from Adelaide's eye before he struggled to keep his arms up. They both fell to the floor, one limply resting on Adelaide's leg.

"Luke!" She grabbed his face and slapped his cheeks lightly trying to get him to regain consciousness.

"Oh, my God!"

Alec looked at the two girls and back at Jace "Hey we need to get Clary and Adelaide back to the Institute and stay out of Downworlder business."

"Why don't you stay out of it? I'm going to help Clary." Alec rolled his eyes at Jace and how he was being defiant.

"Jace! We have to report back to our mother."

"You and Isabelle can do that, I'll be fine on my own." Jace walked to the scene and looked at the two girls and then Luke's wounds. "His wounds are deep, only a warlock's magic can cure an alpha's bite, we have to get him to Magnus."

Clary began to cry even more, Adelaide didn't want to go, she didn't want to potentially see Luke die, she couldn't watch him die.

"Hey, that's exactly what we're gonna do." Jace looked at Adelaide nodding towards Luke, silently asking if she wanted to go too, she shook her head and stood up.

"Clary, we gotta go, we have to get him to his car." Simon helped carry Luke's lifeless body to the car with Jace. He placed Luke in the back along with Clary and pulled the keys from Luke's pocket.

"Here, I'll drive, I'm the only one with a mundane license."

Adelaide moved backwards from the car, Simon pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead, "It's okay. He'll be okay, but we've gotta go now."

She watched as the black car sped off into the distance, heading towards the warlocks house. She felt her heart-rate pick up as she now had no idea what was going to happen. She turned towards the remaining Lightwood siblings, Alec and Izzy looked at her sympathetically as she began to near the two. Alec placed his Seraph blade into his belt. Adelaide was now running towards the siblings Alec opened his arms to pull her into a hug.

"Shh, it's okay. You're okay." Alec slowly swayed side to side, lulling her to breathe calmly.

"I'm so scared, Alec. He's my dad. I need him to be okay."

Alec looked into her eyes, they were full of fear and sadness, it made Alec's heart drop looking at the once happy girl before him. he placed his hands on the side of her cheeks and kissed her forehead, he ribbed circles onto the tear-stained skin of her cheeks. "I promise you, I will do anything and everything in my power to make sure Luke's okay?"

"Okay, I trust you." She hugged him closed almost like she could hug away the pain.
She felt like everything was going to be okay, she could feel her heartbeat go back to normal as Alec rubbed circles into her back.

Alec liked the feeling of knowing he was calming her down, that she felt safe, what she trusted him. She felt safe in his arms, knowing he would do anything to keep her safe, and everything in his power to make sure everything would go back to normal.

All she knew at that moment was that she was safe, and in his arms. Safe in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 274 32
Arcane = hidden, secret, mysterious Abditory = a place in which you can disappear, a hiding place Dive into the story of yourself Y/N (ArcaneAbditor...
1.4K 30 22
when Lucinda was two her parents were killed,she would have died if a warlock, Magnus Bane, hadn't taken her in and raised her. Now fifteen Years lat...
61.1K 1.2K 52
Everyone knows about Alec and Izzy Lightwood from New York, and their adopted brother Jace Wayland, But no one knows of their little sister who stays...
1.5M 35.8K 30
"I saw a girl with eyes like fire. I had to look away. She was swearing like a sailor. And demanding her own way. " [Alec Lightwood]