Chronicles of a Spector's Red...

By DaxonIslander

The Spector department is dedicated to capturing and returning Demons to Hell, under the direct command of A... More

Supernatural.
Case #1: (Xavieus) Pt.1
Case #1 (Xaveus) Pt. 2
Report and Reassignment.
The Church.
Good and Evil
The Man in The Mirror.
Hunt the Witch Doctor...
Case #2: -Unknown-
Case #2: -Unknown- Pt. 2

Phantoms

122 14 2
By DaxonIslander

Seth squinted his eyes to confirm it was actually Amber on the ground, after the Spector quickly looked around to find that nobody was around, he quickly walked over to her, and knelt down to check he pulse. The beating blood in her neck showed her to be alive. Seth let out a sigh of relief, as he picked her up and sat her on a nearby bench. "I warned your mother not to let you come here...”

  Seth sat on the bench next to her, looking at her face. Amber didn't appear to be in any pain, as he initially though, but it was a shock to see her on the floor. Though he needed her now, he had a strong compulsion to take her home.

As cold and uncaring as Seth appeared, he was slowly beginning to feel empathy and sympathy. The feelings made Seth shake from anger and frustration, he didn't want to feel, but they were over powering now.

  He felt the bench move as Amber shifted and moaned slightly. Seth looked to find her eyes opening; she sat up and rubbed her head. "Who was that guy?" She asked throwing her legs over the bench. Amber gave a look of shock when she noticed Seth sitting with her.

Amber blushed and regained her composure, a thought crossing her mind that hadn't before; what did he look like?

  "You alright kiddo?" Asked Seth blankly keeping his vision forward,

  Amber took a minute to think about what had just happened then answered. "I'm fine, who was that guy? He had long black hair, and a black beard, when he walked by me, he said something and I collapsed."

  Seth put his finger to his chin, the Priest did this? Why? Did he know she was a Witch? If so, how?

"Did you hear what he said?" Seth asked stroking the cloth on his chin.

  Amber put her hand over her eyes, feeling a strong head ache coming on, "No, he was whispering very softly."

  Standing up, Seth pulled out his cigarettes and lit one. "The Church is a fickle friend." he took a puff and blew out, "you always have to keep your guard up around them." Seth didn't know the intent or reason for what the Priest had done, but he had no proof the Priest was involved.

  Amber rubbed her face and stood up wobbling a bit, "I think I need to go home."

 "There is something I need you to do before you go." Seth replied stretching his arms. "There is a brief case in the conference room; I need you to pick it up for me."

  Amber froze half way through standing up, "You need me to get a brief case?" She questioned moving her hands from her eyes. "Why?"

  Seth bit his lip trying to think if he should tell her the truth or not. He had already been humiliated because he needed her help once, would he allow himself to have that feeling of humiliation again?

  Seth took a sigh, "That Priest came here from the Vatican for me, and he left me a brief case, but..." he hesitated and took a puff to make it seem like he was pausing for dramatic effect.

  “‘But?'" Amber eagerly replied.

  "I cannot touch it." Seth said blankly, a bit of smoke escaping the cloth around his mouth.

  "You can't touch it." Amber said, giving him an 'are you serious' look.

  "Look, you've already humiliated me enough today. So please just get the case and bring it to my office." Seth barked, his visible eye giving a red tint.

  Amber was taken jumped at his tone, but his words are what made her scowl. “I saved YOUR life!" she proclaimed putting her hands up. "YOU are just having an inferiority complex!" Amber barked, a feeling of guilt flowing over her after she spoke her last two words. She took a deep, unwavering breath at the blow she dealt to Seth. Amber wasn't sorry for what she said, but she was sorry about the way it made him felt.

  Seth stood, the black bandages hiding his facial expression, the only clue to his feelings was his blank and uncaring eye, the red tint hardening a little. "When are you going to take that mask off anyway?"

Seth took a deep breath and then another drag from his cigarette. "Just go in there and get the case, it's on the table." Seth turned around and walked away from Amber, she noticed that his body seemed to shiver a little as he walked. He must have been angrier with her then she thought.

  Amber walked into the room and grabbed the faded brown bag, and followed Seth back up to his office.

...

After Amber bringing the bag to Seth's office, and questioning his stuttered speech around it. Amber sat quietly in the front seat of Seth’s car, while they drove back to the White Witches Mansion. Seth kept his right hand in his pocket, only pulling it out to shift. Amber remembered that hand was the one with the cut finger.

  "How are you feeling?" Seth asked.

  "Not really any different." Amber replied her head in her hand.

  "We will arrive soon; hopefully your mother will know what to do." Seth yawned at the end of his words. Twilight was creeping in from the look of the golden clouds. Seth couldn't believe the day was just ending.  "Twilight."

  Amber let out a groan. "I hate that movie."

  "So do I, but I do enjoy the time."

Amber smiled, 'Him enjoy anything? Wow.'

  Seth took a turn onto the dirt road; the country was becoming darker as Twilight faded. By the time they pulled up to the Mansion, the Sun was gone.

  Seth opened the door and preceded to the Mansion, Amber followed suit. He opened the door for her, only to be greeted by a very angry mother.  "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY DAUGHTER?!" Gloria snapped.

Amber tried to explain, "Mom, it's not his-"

"Fault?" Gloria finished? "Dear John told me everything, how you yelled at her to get out of your office, and publicly humiliated her AFTER she SAVED YOUR LIFE!" Gloria slapped Seth across the face, the enhancement of strength her magic gave her sent Seth flying to the ground. Fighting Xaveus had drained him to the point he couldn't even catch himself.

  Seth lay on his back, the pain of feeling only what he could compare to a base ball being thrown by an All-Star hitting him in the face. 'Why does this always happen to me?'

  "MOM!" Amber yelled standing in between her and Seth. "Seth did yell at me, but he did NOT humiliate me!"

  "Then WHY are you crying?" Gloria demanded, holding up her hand for dramatic effect.

  "Because of the pain, Mom."

  "What pain?"

  "Some Priest walked by and said something, whatever he said it made me collapse, and this head ache will not go away." Amber put her hand over her eyes again.

  "But, John said-"

  "John would be mistaken." Seth interrupted; attempting to stand up, Amber stood watching, but didn't want to be pushed away if she attempted to assist him. "After I yelled at them both, John took Amber to find a cab. Amber returned a half hour or so later, saying John was bad mouthing her."

  Amber let out a sigh, knowing that only half the truth was told.

  "Well, Amber is this true?" Gloria asked softly.

  "Yes mom," Amber nodded.

  "That Rapscallion is no longer welcome in my home." The Head Witch proclaimed as she embraced her daughter and stroked the back of her head. "I'm so sorry he hurt you."

  Seth shook his head and turned around. A feeling of envy creeping onto his mind. He didn't like it, and wanted to get as far away from it as possible. Gloria called after him, but Seth got into his car and drove away.

  Seth pulled into his usual spot that was "Reserved for employees" and proceeded to the Department. Though, three men in black leather Jacket stood outside the door talking and laughing. "Today just cannot go my way, can it?" Seth question out loud to himself. He walked up to the three men; one noticed and made a motion with his head. The others followed suit by putting their hands in their pockets and looking at the Spector.

  "Sergeant!" One of them called in a nasally voice. Seth knew this game. "We come in peace" the blond haired man continued to tease.

  "Phantoms never have anything good to say to us." Seth snapped, pulling a cigarette up to his mouth. "What do you want Flip?"

  Flip smirked. "We just came to give you and your boys a little warning. The Phantom Syndicate is tired of being upstaged by you bastards. If you expel another human spirit to hell, you can expect severe repercussions."

  Seth smiled under the bandages. "You, threaten me? I could easily destroy all of you if I had half a mind to." Even though Seth's strength had severely weakened. The average Spector's strength was tenfold that of the average Phantom.

  "It's not Quality of strength in this case good Spector," The now arrogant Flip proclaimed, his voice low and menacing. "It's quantity, from my reports about your men leaving for the 'Battle Front,' we out number you twenty to one."

  Seth shook his head. "Your Commanding officer MIGHT be able to stand up to one of my office workers, if you really want to wage war with us, then I shall take it up with the Witches."

  Flip and his associates let out a laugh. "Dear Sergeant, is that fear I’m sensing from you?" He said as if he were talking to a baby.

  "Don't test me child," Seth said drolly. "You should be grateful to them. If not for them, we would have wiped you off the face of the earth years ago."

  "With out them YOU wouldn't be here." Flip replied crossing his arms. A black tattoo of a circle with all kinds of symbols was on top of his hand. In all the years Seth had dealings with Flip, he had never seen that tattoo before.

  "Touché'" The Spector yawned. "This is on your head Lieutenant cannot be held responsible for what my boys do to yours, should you attack us." Seth shrugged and walked past them up the stairs.

  "Don't worry Sergeant. We won’t challenge the White Witches 'Tauk Lap Dogs.' Flip laughed and his associates with him. Seth stopped at the door and turned around. He saw them laughing, their taunts, and their arrogance. "Tauk." A little voice in his head said. "Tauk" it repeated.

Seth opened his eyes and found all three of them lying on their backs and the streets behind them froze in awe of the three men lying on the ground. Seth looked bewildered, 'what just happened?' he asked himself. He noticed people going back about their lives. Paying no more mind to the passed out men lying on the sidewalk. 

  The Spector walked into the building, ignoring the door man, and burst into the Department. As he walked by, the Spectors working on the Type writers turned their heads in shock, while a few field agents drew small daggers, only to recluse when they saw who it was.

  Seth shot a quick look at the clock, 9:23. He shook his head and walked past the usual counters to the Captains office. The Captain was still working, with a couple of empty glasses on his desk. "Captain." Seth called, forcing the Superior Spector to look up.

"What is it Smith, I’m busy." The Elder Spector sighed.

  "The Phantoms have called for war sir."

  The Captain's eye brows shot up. "I didn't think they were that foolish, but before I accept that, would you mind explaining?" He lay back in his arm chair.

  Seth cleared his throat before explaining the confrontation, the threats, and the assault he put on them. Leaving out the Black Circle he saw on the Lieutenant's hand.

  "Seth, why did you attack them?" His superior asked, putting one hand over his eye.

  "It was threw no intention of my own sir." Seth replied, "It just happened. I lost control and blacked out."

  "You lost control and blacked out." The Captain repeated. "Seth, I think you need some time off."

  Seth's eye squinted, "Maybe later. Right now we-"

 "You are suspended from duty." The Captain interrupted.

  "Suspended, Captain Lycos?" Seth asked.

  "For ten days, you are to take Sick leave, you will return once your time is finished." Captain Lycos replied as he wrote on a blank sheet of paper. "This will be an order for three thousand dollars from Mr. Goodwigg." He finished handing the captain a rashly and poorly written note with $3,000 and his signature.

  Seth looked up and was about to speak in protest. But Lycos cut him off. "Look Smith, I know you hate time off, and being unproductive. But I cannot have you attacking Phantoms right outside our doors." Lycos shifted in his seat. "Along with that order." He started scribbling again, "I want you to take housing at the Witches Mansion during the Duration of your Suspension, I will be calling to inform her, and hopefully get it approved."

  "Sir, don't you think that is a little extreme?" Seth tried to reason.

  "Seth, you need to leave this building. You have lived in your office since you were 15 years old. It would do you good to get out of it for a few days." Lycos replied looking at Seth with a fraction of compassion.

  Seth let out a sigh, "Do I have to stay with the Witches?" He asked.

  "No," Lycos replied, "You only need to sleep there. You can go to Mars for all I care. Just make sure you take housing with the Witches."

Lycos finished writing the order and dismissed Seth to talk to the front Clerk to obtain the money he needed. The front clerk, Mr. Goodwigg, was just about to leave when Seth walked to his desk ”Ah Seth," The man said as he looked up from locking up the File draws. "I heard about your scuffle with the Phantoms outside."

  "Yes Goodwig, it was a long time coming I know." Seth sighed.

  "Indeed. Do you plan to finish it?" Goodwigg asked intrigued. Unlike most Spectors, Goodwigg was a nicer gentleman, who showed interest in anything that concerned those he would consider his "friends."

"It is finished. The Captain has given me the forms to take to Gloria. She will call her Coven together to discuss how to deal with it.

  Mr. Goodwigg stood up, revealing his plain black suite, white shirt, and black tie. His hair line was slightly retreating, but nothing to noticeable. His brown eyes shown threw his half aviator glasses.

 "Sounds like you might be in a bit of trouble Mr. Smith."

  Seth Shrugged. "That's the life of a Spector for ya."

"Indeed."

"At any rate," Seth held out the Captain's Notices "I was told to get a couple thousand dollars from you."

  Mr. Goodwigg looked at the Notice and his jaw dropped. "Three thousand DOLLARS?" He exclaimed. Seth knew Goodwigg was one of the nicer Spectors in the Department. But he was VERY stingy with the funding. Seeing as the Spectors are only given money threw Charity by Witches, both White and Black.

"Look just gives me five hundred, that's all I will even really need." Seth said calmly.

  Goodwigg's eye was twitching, and his breathing was labored. Still in shock from the initial figure he was given. "This man is sauced out of his Goddamn mind, if he thinks we should give three thousand dollars for ONE person’s sick leave!

"GOODWIGG!" Seth barked.

"Sorry, sorry." Goodwigg said shaking his head. "You said five hundred would suffice?"

Seth nodded and the Spector Clerk gave Seth five one hundred dollar bills. Seth bowed and thanked him, and was on his way out the door, with the files in hand. He walked outside to the chilly night air. He relaxed his muscles for a split second when he felt his stomach rumble. 'Oh shut up.' he thought to himself as he entered his car, and pulled out from the metro area.

   Seth drove passed the first three stop lights to find a grey car was following him. He kept a close eye on the rear view mirror to make sure they didn't get to far away from him. Seth weighed his options as he drove outside the city limits. He was not sure if they would fire guns at him while he drove, but he doubted it highly.

  After driving for a few minutes, he noticed the car was starting to gain speed. Seth pushed the gas to go 65. The speed limit was 55, but Seth didn't want the car to catch up. He took a look back to see there were two cars behind the one following him. So he couldn't risk messing with the tires for fear that the cars behind him were civilians.

  Seth slammed on the gas as the grey car was once again gaining on him. He was sure it was more Phantom's but not quite positive. But either way, he knew he was in no condition to fight. Seth accelerated to 80 miles per hour, passing one car, with the grey car right behind him. He was only a few miles away from the Mansion now.

  The Gray car flicked it high beams, blinding Seth for a split second while his eyes adjusted and readjusted. But that was all the time that was needed for the car to rear end Seth. Seth held the steering wheel as tightly as he could to keep it from spinning, and the car rear ended him again. 

  Seth started to pass some old barbed wire fencing, he remembered what was ahead, and hoped to god those behind him didn't. He drove a few seconds on the road and slowed down a little, allowing his car to be hit again, but this time, the car didn't leave contact with Seth's. He pushed the break so the car behind had to slow down as he held directly in front of the other car so that it didn't hit to make him spin.

 The world went silent, there was no more engine roar, bending metal, or tire to asphalt contact sound. Only a heartbeat and shallow breaths could be heard. Seth looked down to his speedometer to find he was going a safe 40. Time slowed down for him, he felt as if he were carrying invisible weights. The Spector looked out the window; he could count every barb in the white fence. The adrenaline in his veins started to pump faster… “Not yet.” A low angry voice commanded. Seth had never heard it before, but accepted it as if it were an old friend.

“Not yet” it repeated. Seth felt a smile creep to his face, “Almost there.” It spoke again; the voice reminded Seth of a Drill Sergeant, guiding him. He felt like he could trust the voice, despite its angry and intimidating audio, he knew that this voice wouldn’t lead him astray from his goals.

“NOW!”

   Seth finally let off the break and punched the gas, turning his wheel slightly right. The bumping off road was not pleasant for him, as he went further right going up a hill right alongside the barbed wire fence. His antagonists acted just as he hoped they would and followed, as they started their track up the hill after him, Seth saw their head light disappear in his rear view mirror and went back onto the Road, he looked back to see the light of a car door being opened and a shadowy figure exiting.

  The triumphant Spector smirked, He hoped they were as stupid and cocky as they let on they were, and they finally paid the price. He took one look back into the rear view mirror to make sure they were stuck and caught his own eye's reflection.

 It was a Dragon like eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106 12 27
Two friends in Sulayra in the 1910's are trying to find jobs One day Kareu goes to the press with Phoenix to try and help him out and is even hoping...
18 1 7
Between The Union and private corporations monopolizing exorcism jobs and the ridiculously high mortality rates, it's a wonder that there were any fr...
363K 10.5K 16
Book 4th in First Generation Possessive Series (FGP series) ~DANIEL MILLER, 25 years Old, the CEO of MILLER EMPIRE. A Smiling Demon in human disguis...
1 0 20
[The first chapter of the Fallen Angel Saga.] In this Gothic inspired and Dark world, urban legends like Bigfoot, Mothman and more exist. They are kn...