Chasing After The PA | Comple...

By DaymareXNightdream

Hunter Blackthorne, CEO of the most powerful company in the world. Young, attractive and extremely arrogant. ... More

Hello!
Preface
Official Playlist
Chapter 1 - Interview
Chapter 2 - Caramel Macchiato
Chapter 3 - Cheaters Never Win
Chapter 4 - A Date With A Familiar Face
Chapter 5 - The Kardashians ft. My Date, My Ex And My Boss
Chapter 6 - Reminder From A Dark Past
Chapter 7 - Sleepover!
Chapter 8 - Goodnight
Chapter 9 - We Date
Chapter 10 - You're Living With Me
Chapter 11 - Roses Are Red...
Chapter 12 - Still A Better Love Story Than Twilight
Chapter 13 - Gideon Harris And Erica Who?
Chapter 14 - The First Kiss Is Always The Most Fake, Right?
Chapter 15 - Necklace Of Lies
Chapter 16 - A Poke To The Butt And A Kiss On The Lips
Chapter 17 - New Goal: Make Her Mine
Chapter 18 - I've Got A Migraine
Chapter 19 - Red Velvet And Hot Pockets
Chapter 20 - Cuddles, Chris And Couple Costumes
Chapter 21 - I'm As Straight As A Broken Ruler
Chapter 22 - Halloween King And Queen
Chapter 24 - Midnight Conversations
Chapter 25 - Holiday Spirit
Chapter 26 - Unwanted Proposals and Holiday Cheer
Chapter 27 - New Year, New Love
Chapter 28 - Time Apart
Chapter 29 - Best Friends Give The Best Advice
Chapter 30 - Bonding With Exes
Chapter 31 - Unofficially Meeting The Parents
Chapter 32 - Breakups And British Devils
Chapter 33 - Prรจs Du Coeur
Chapter 34 - I Love Him
Chapter 35 - Confessions
Chapter 36 - To The Moon And Back
Chapter 37 - (Un)Happy Birthday
Chapter 38 - Dead Flowers And Used Band-Aids
Chapter 39 - Daisies
Chapter 40 - Dishonest Lies
Chapter 41 - I Quit
Chapter 42 - Letting Go
Chapter 43 - Grey
Chapter 44 - Between Two Worlds
Chapter 45 - I Miss Her
Chapter 46 - Lay Your Head Down
Chapter 47 - Don't Believe Everything You See
Chapter 48 - Welcome Home, Brother
Chapter 49 - Cucumber
Chapter 50 - Losing Her
Chapter 51 - The Prince Charming To My Cinderella
Epilogue
You Asked, I Answered!
Bonus Chapter - A Very Merry Blackthorne Christmas

Chapter 23 - Alexander Hamilton

23.8K 1K 84
By DaymareXNightdream

Hello people! So this chapter is kind of overdue.... but I hope you guys enjoy it all the same :)

SIDE NOTE: This chapter is dedicated to a lovely friend of mine, minpin2000 . She is currently writing a merlin fanfiction , so go check it out If you'd like and while you're at it, go ahead and follow her ! ♡♡♡♡

This is a pretty short one, but it's only because I've been spending most of the time writing the next chapter but I haven't quite finished yet and didn't want to keep you guys waiting for too long, so I decided to write this short chapter to end the suspense (which may or may not end with another cliffhanger, sorry!) ;) last chapter was over 5000 words long, which is way over what I usually write, I was planning on releasing the chapter sooner and make it longer but decided on cutting out the beginning of that chapter and post it as its own because a)I didn't really know how to transition it to make it seem smooth. And b) I didn't want to spend like a month writing because Christmas Holidays are coming up and I really want to start writing some Christmas themed chapters!

Question: Do you guys enjoy longer or shorter chapters?

Anyways, ignore any weird typos as I will be editing it all when the story is over and also, to my American readers out there, hope you guys have/had a great Thanksgiving! You probably can tell from the way I write some words, like colour, favourite and so on that I'm not American.

Any Canadians here? Eh?

Lol, anyways, enjoy the chapter, comment and vote and I'll see you at the end of this chapter!

Song- Jacksfilms, Alexander Hamilton (It's catchy af, don't judge.)

P.S: You should probably watch the video above if you don't know who Alexander Hamilton is ;)

~Jessica

"Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve."

― Jessica Brody, The Karma Club

******************************************

As we reached the D.J booth, I could get a better view of everything that was going on in the room. The booth was located on one of the balconies circling the ballroom and seemed to a picture angle on everything that was happening.

The crowd was forming a circle around the dancing pair in the middle. Tiffany was elegantly twirling around as she still kept a strong grip on Hunter's shoulders as he continuously tried to wriggle out of her wrath. She seemed to be saying something to him which we couldn't hear since we were so far away but Hunter's face grew more and more uncomfortable.

Becca had a pair of headphones around her neck as she leaned against the booth staring down at Hunter and Tiffany with a scowl on her face. There was a cheesy romance song which made all of us cringe even more.

"Well, your taste of music clearly changed," I said as I walked closer to her.

Becca turned around and scoffed, "Tiffany requested that we play this song." She placed her headphones down, "I'm glad you guys are here, I was close to jumping off this balcony and landing on her myself to get her to back off of Hunter." She signalled her hand towards Tiffany who was now latched onto Hunter like a leech and whispering something into his ear which he only responded with a small cringe. "Who does she even think she is? Doesn't she know that he's already in a relationship?"

I sighed, "she thinks a little persuasion can change Hunter's mind about me I guess." I looked down from the balcony a smiled a little, "I don't think it's going too well for her though."

Erica walked over and looked as well, "He doesn't seem to be interested at all."

Elie went to my other side and chuckled, "I never thought that the day would come when I saw Hunter actually uninterested in a woman. He's handling himself quite well, I'm proud of him."

Becca cleared her throat and we all turned around, "are we still going to do it?"

"The plan never changed," Erica said walking over to her. "We're still pranking her."

I arched an eyebrow, "what exactly are we doing?" Erica smirked and pulled a bucket out from under the D.J booth and my eyes widened when I saw the contents, "Is that..."

"Don't worry, It's just vanilla yogurt dyed red," Elie said walking over to help Erica.

"That's exactly why I'm worried," I said. "Tiffany is wearing a white dress." I waited for Either of them to say anything but they didn't. Instead, they both just had a smile and an evil glint in their eyes. My eyes widened, "You are NOT going to pour that onto her."

"Oh yes we are," Erica answered. "She's been the queen bee way to long and her head is so far stuck up her ass that everything she says is just completely and utterly shit. It's time she's learnt a lesson."

"This isn't right," I said. "Isn't there another way to get some revenge without having to humiliate her?"

"She's been humiliating people ever since she came out of her mother's womb," Elie scoffed. "She was the biggest bully in high school and considering the news that has been in the magazines lately, you seem to be one of her most recent victims."

"That still doesn't mean that we have to get revenge on her." Sure, she was a bitch at times and she probably had been for God knows how long but it didn't mean that we had to do the same thing as she was doing, which was bullying her back.

Becca came over and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, "Payton, you are too nice for your own good, live a little."

"Why not wait for karma to hit her?" I asked.

"This is karma," Erica answered looking over the balcony, looking for where to aim. "Oh, this is definitely a great spot, we're basically right under them."

My eyes widened, "wait, you're going to hit Hunter as well."

"Did I say that this prank was solely for Tiffany?" Erica asked turning around to look at me as we all nodded and she laughed. "Oh, she isn't that special. This is also a way to get back Hunter."

"B-but, Hunter's your brother?"

"Still doesn't mean that we can't play jokes on each other, siblings always play jokes on each other."

I blinked, "They do?"

Becca chuckled, "well these siblings do."

Erica smiled and came over to me, "and you're part of this family now."

"I am?"

"Of course you are!" Erica laughed, "Although I haven't known you for a long time, I like you Payton, I like you a lot. You're like a sister I've never had and whether or not you're you share the same last name as me, you'll always be like my family."

I smiled, "I've never had a sister before."

Erica hugged me, "well you do now, well as long as you're on my side."

I laughed and hugged her back, "fine."

"So are you in or not?" Erica pulled away and gave me hopeful eyes.

I sighed, "I'm not saying that I support doing this but..." I looked down from the balcony and saw Tiffany still keeping a firm hold of Hunter's hand on her waist as she dragged him around. It was pretty tempting... "Fine, let's do it."

Erica squealed and hugged me hard making it hard to breath before letting me go, "I knew you were a fun one!" As she let me go, she rushed over to Elie and helped her carry the bucket up and they placed it onto the balcony railing. Becca walked over to the DJ booth and pressed a few buttons on the laptop and the machine that was controlling the music.

"What are you doing?" I asked Becca.

"I want to see exactly what Tiffany is telling Hunter," Becca answered with a smirk. "I thought these type of dances were supposed to be non-verbal and more on the romantic side." As she pressed another the button, the sappy romantic music came to a stop.

"Damnit Hunter! Keep your hand on my hip!"

"Ms. Turner, I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable doing that now that I have a girlfriend."

"I'm a hundred time better that she'll ever be."

"Ah, so that's what she was talking about, and here I was thinking that they were actually whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears," Becca said with a grin.

I covered my mouth with my hand, she really was that desperate to get Hunter wasn't she?

I heard some of the crowd gasp as I turned around to see the content that was in the bucket now all over Tiffany and Hunter. Tiffany let out a shrill shriek as Hunter just coughed as if he had swallowed some of the yogurt. Hunter rubbed away the yogurt from his eyes as he started to look up and around the ball room to see where it came from. His eyes then landed on the four of us and as his gaze centred onto me, he gave me a malicious smirk.

"Thanks! Although red isn't really my colour!" He yelled from the ground.

Erica chuckled and flipped him off, "whatever do you mean dear brother? Red totally suits your white lace dress. Besides, you are little RED riding hood aren't you?"

"Ugh, my dress is ruined thank to you guys!" Tiffany shrieked. Her gaze then landed on me and she sent me a dirty glare, "you're just jealous that I got to dance with Hunter!"

"I wouldn't really call that dancing honey," a random man from the crowd added in. "You were dragging the poor boy around the dance floor like a mop."

Even though we were a few metres away from her, I could still see Tiffany's face turn bright red, or maybe it was just the yogurt. Either way, she was pissed.

"Don't tell me how to dance!"

"Hey Tiff!" Elie called out from the balcony, "The red totally clashes with the rest of your outfit."

Tiffany looked even more angrier than before, if that was even possible. "Thanks to you guys, I'm leaving."

"We never wanted you here anyways!" Becca called out from the balcony.

Tiffany turned on her heels and looked at Becca, "who even are you?"

Becca let out a low laugh, "I'm the one your momma warned you about."

Tiffany scoffed and turned back around, "I'm out of here!"

Once Tiffany left the mansion, everything was pen-drop silent. Becca casually walked over to the Booth again and pressed a few buttons and a new, better song came on. She then spoke through the microphone, "let's not let one little thing ruin the party."

Slowly, the crowd started to dance and chat again and after a few minutes everything looked back to normal.

Except, Hunter wasn't there anymore.

Erica, Elie and I walked back down to the ball room. The two of them continued and laugh and talk about how great everything went as I looked around to see if Hunter was anywhere, which he wasn't. "Hey, have any of you seen Hunter?" They both stopped talking and looked around the room.

"He has to be somewhere around here," Erica said scanning the room. "Maybe he's changing into another costume."

"Or maybe he's hiding from me again," Elie laughed. "He saw me up there on the balcony with you guys."

Erica and I both laughed. It amazed me that Hunter could actually be afraid of such a little thing. But sometimes, fears just didn't make sense. Fear was basically just false evidence appearing real and it was inside of everyone. Everyone was scared of something whether they wanted to admit it or not. The most bravest people had fears, and the only way anyone could ever overcome them were to face them head on.

"Don't worry, he won't leave you alone, he's probably just changing into some clean clothes or something," Erica said as she pulled me over to the snack table, "come on, let's get some food while we're at it."

*****

Hunter finally came back about five minutes later. He was now wearing a completely different costume than before. He now wore a white wig and an 1800s style blue tailcoat.

I furrowed my eyebrows an pursed my lips, "what are you supposed to be now?" I asked.

"Alexander Hamilton," he answered, bowing.

I chuckled, "you're dressed up as one of the Founding Fathers of the United States?"

"Yup, because that song on YouTube about him is catchy as hell." He then looked up at the balcony and yelled, "Becca! Play it!"

All of a sudden, the music that was currently playing stopped and a new, catchy beat started to play from the speakers, "Alexander Hamilton, Alexander Hamilton, got yourself a problem he can Alexander handle it." The song continued as people started to adjust to the beat and started to dance. I felt someone tug onto my tail and as I turned around, I saw Hunter giving me one of his million dollar smiles as he reached out a hand for me to take it.

Shyly, I connected my hand with his and he pulled my to the dance floor.

As we were laughing and moving around, I heard someone clear their throat behind us. As we turned around, Hunter visibly paled.

"You guys seem to be having a great time here tonight," Elie said with a smirk.

Hunter cleared his throat as I tried to conceal the smile that was crawling onto my face. "Elie- Ms. Treadway, what are you doing here?" he gave her a nervous smile and pulled my closer to him as if I was some kind of shield.

"Oh, don't act as if you hadn't seen me, I know you have already, you've been trying to get away from me ever since you saw me walk into that room that you coincidentally had to run out of right when I entered," Elie smiled widely as she took a sip of her drink and winked at me. I returned it with a small smile.

Hunter raised an eyebrow and leaned down stopping millimeters from my ears, "I see that you have already met my Elie, haven't you."

"I'm sorry," I whispered back as Hunter looked back up at Elie.

"I would say that I'm happy to see you, but that wouldn't be the truth."

"Hunter!" I whisper-yelled as I nudged him in the side. "Be nice."

Hunter sighed and rolled his eyes. "Alright, I'm happy to see you Elie."

Elie smiled tightly, "sure you are." Hunter huffed and crossed his arms. "Are you still not going to forgive me for breaking up with you?"

"If you think that forgiving you is a way of saying, 'hey, date me again' then no, I'm not going to forgive you. I'm quite happy with Payton," Hunter replied taking a hold of my hand.

Elie busted out laughing, "oh don't worry, I'm not going to do that. I'm quite happy with my fiance."

"Look Elie, you're a really nice person and all but I'm really not- Wait, did you just say that you're engaged?" Hunter stared blankly at Elie.

"That's what I've been trying to tell you all night," Elie said raising up her left hand, showing us a ring that I hadn't noticed before. "I'm getting married Hunter, and I want you to come to the wedding with Payton."

Woah! That took a turn!

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and until next time... <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.6K 3K 59
โ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ, ๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ง๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ก๐จ๐ฉ๐ž๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ข๐œ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ค๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ.โž Living in a world...
432K 15K 44
"You can't go out now. The werewolf is roaming the forests." ........ Alexia Summer had no clue what she was going to get herself into when the two c...
22.3K 2K 19
Saylor Rascow I never expected to fall in love. But I fell. I fell hard for him. Little did I know I was falling in love with a monster. And when th...
895K 22.3K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...