lovestruck † hs

By the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 63

1.4K 38 23
By the1dfanfics

A/N: this chapter gonna be long and dramatic so you were warned... the ending, it's so cool and intense. there's a lot of visuals, i see they complete the scene perfectly.

Rachel's POV

"C'mon, you really won't tell me what you wrote about? Not even just a little bit?" Matthew continued to pester as we cleaned up before closing the cafe. "I told you what I did!"

"Yeah, without me asking you, trying to respect your privacy," I giggled, wiping down one of the last tables.

Yesterday in Creative Writing we had our big in class essay assignment that Mr. Porter told us about on Monday and that we had all week to prepare for. Matthew and I also worked at the cafe every night this week, half me trying to catch up on hours, and the other half spent as we prepared after the cafe closed, making our outlines and discussing our strategy for writing it in the time allotted. He full on shared his with me, while I kept my topic on the down low. 

"Raaaaach," he whined, planting his palms on the table I was wiping and stared me dead in the eyes. "All week you've left me guessing, now it's Friday, the essay is done with, so can't you just give me something? Tell me anything?"

My lips started to curl into a smile.

"I'll tell you to get your hands off this table so I can clean the handprints you so kindly left me," I sassed, getting him to stand up straight and remove his hands. "Besides, why would I tell my boss what I wrote on a school assignment? That's just weird."

Matthew gave me an eye roll, "The cafe is closed, now we're friends again, so spill!"

I wrote about dealing with abuse and overcoming it.

A small sentence, but with a major effect if I say it.

"You are an insanely talented writer, don't tell me that's why you won't tell me, it's that you think you're rank?" He leans back on the table behind him as I put up the last chair.

"No, it's just-" A knock on the door saved me from spilling, and when I looked through the glass, I spotted my ride, Jen and Hayley.

I waved them in as Matthew and I headed behind the counter to put up our cleaning rags and aprons.

"Hey guys," I greeted them as they walked toward us.

Hayley greeted back and Jennifer kept a steady gaze on Matthew. When Matty turned to her, I saw his cheeks flush as well and I tried to hold back a chuckle. The two started talking when Hayley leaned over the counter near me as I untied my apron.

"Five pounds says they awkwardly flirt ending in embarrassment for both of them," she whispered.

"You're on," I accepted, looking back at the two.

"Y'know, I've yet to meet a guy who smells so vanilla-y," I heard Jen tease.

"It's not always vanilla, you don't catch me on my chocolatey days. Plus, we haven't properly met now have we?" Matthew responded, coming back around from behind the counter to Jen.

Jennifer looked calm, her flirting skills definitely better than mine, and seemingly better than Matty's. "I come here a lot, you just refuse to talk to me," she playfully accused.

"Now that's untrue!" Matthew defended himself. "We had a lovely conversation last week, we talked for ages when you told me Rach was going out of town with her boyfriend."

"Right...right," Jen crossed her arms, nodding. "You do know that it was my twin Hayley on the telephone that night?" she flat out lied.

Matthew's eyes widened, millions of thoughts probably whirling through his mind as he glanced behind Jen to Hayley and I, Hayley giving him a teasing wave as I turned to hide my laughter.

"Y-yes," he stuttered, embarrassed, unable to meet my cousins eyes.

Jen ruffled his hair, "I'm joking, love! I've got to take Rachel to Harry's, but I'll stop by this weekend for my usual."

"Her usual," Hayley whispered, wriggling her brows and making me laugh hard as I walked around the counter.

"My usual coffee!" Jen seethed at her.

"I'll see you then," he chuckled, rubbing at the back of his neck. Hayley and I followed Jen to the exit, and we all said goodbye to Matthew as he moved to shut off the lights.

"I'll take my payment now," I said to Hayley as she huffed, knowing I won. The two weren't embarrassed.

It was all Matthew.

"Payment for what?" Jen asked as we got seated in the car.

"Nothing, nothing. Now you know I can walk to Harry's right?" I changed the subject.

"We all know you can, it's blocks away. But you know how he is," Hayley replied as the car takes off.

They were right, since I had been staying with Matthew to close every night, Harry usually picked me up straight away after, but he couldn't tonight so he wanted someone to. Not a taxi, no walking alone. I understood it with the paparazzi, but I felt bad.

"I just feel bad, you're literally picking me up and dropping me up for no reason."

"Well we don't want you hurt or hackled by paps either. And besides, I wanted to see Matthew," I could see Jen smiling in the mirror, and I couldn't help but shake my head.

The drive to Harry's was filled with fun teasing of Jennifer about her and Matty, and I indulged and reveled on not being the one who gets all the teasing and mocking for once. Annoyed, Jennifer dropped me off two buildings away from Harry's, and I couldn't stop giggling on my walk there.

"Harry?" I called as I enter his place, all of the lights off. "If you scare me I swear I will most likely hit you the way you taught me."

"Babe, I'm in the room," he chuckled at my lame threat. I need to work on that.

"Did you just get home?" I asked when I find him laying on top of the bed, his hair sprawled over the mattress.

"Yeah, thought you'd be here," he lifted a hand and reached out for me.

I drop my things on the chair in his room before joining him. "No, we ran a little late with Jen flirting with Matty and all," I started to smile, still laughing at what just happened.

"Really? Huh, I might just be starting to like the guy," Harry nodded.

"Oh yeah?" I looked at him, shaking my head.

"Yeah..."

"Because he likes my cousin and not me?"

"I mean that's just a perk, innit?" he smiles a dimpled smile, and I wrap my arms around his waist.

The two of us quietly laid by each other for a while before he hesitantly said my name.

"What is it, Harry?"

He looked puzzled, as if he should say what he's about to say or not.

"Just tell me."

He sighed, "Niall's birthday is tomorrow and he wanted me to bring you along to the party he is having tomorrow night." I saw the unsureness in his features, knowing how he feels when Niall is around me.

"I don't mind going. You should go too, it's his birthday. It's on a Saturday night, it'll be fine!" I assured him, ruffling his hair.

And that was when I jinxed the party.

* * *

Once we arrived at the club venue in London, Harry grabbed my hand as soon as we left his car, even in the alley we parked in, the cameras followed. As we walked around to the entrance, I was surprised to see not just paparazzi, but even fans. The light of the sun setting still lit up the evening, but the flashes were brighter than it all. I honestly felt like I was on a red carpet or something while the two of us quickly entered the club.

All day Harry had seemed distracted and quiet, and it's bothered me some. I know how he feels when Niall is with me, he's jealous, but he has no reason to be! I wanted to go with Harry so he would just go and celebrate his mate's birthday and that we'd have a fun night together, unlike the last night we went clubbing.

Boy did I not see this one coming.

Entering the party area, I spot celebrities left and right, like models I've only seen on tv, I recognize Ellie Goulding, someone my cousins love. I spy Liam with Louis, a bit relieved when I see Sophia lingering around him. I see a bunch of guys around Niall, hearing all sorts of accents.

I am literally in a room of famous people.

I take a deep breath and squeeze Harry's hand as we start to approach Liam and Louis. He stops and turns around, pulling me close so he can talk to me over the music.

"Everything alright?" he questions with concern.

"Y-yeah, I'm just a little intimidated," I laughed nervously, looking around the busy party room. Maybe starstruck is more the correct term. I notice a staircase that people seem to keep going up into and coming back down, astonished that we have a two story space reserved.

Harry combs a few strands of hair behind my ear, smiling. "You said it would be fine yesterday, so Rachel, everything will be fine. It's you and me here, alright? Why don't I get us something to drink, okay? Do you want a virgin drink?"

I nod and Harry steps away from me just as Sophia comes up to me, inviting me out to dance with her and Liam and Louis, all of them very excited to see me. I take her invite and join her and the boys out with the crowd, jumping up and down in the bright and busy dance floor for a good ten minutes. I look back at the party area and see Harry with my drink in hand, waiting for me, so I tell Sophia that I'm heading back before I do.

Harry hands me my drink and takes my hand, spinning me around playfully as we drink up. Some people gather around us, and Harry talks to them all while I continue chugging my drink. Harry introduces me to them and I stand close to him as they goof around and chat, he soon attracts a few more people and we have around eight people around us now, laughing at my hilarious boyfriend. I look at the stairs and see mostly the models going up with some other guys, secretly praising they aren't here making me feel worse about myself.

I notice Sophia going up there with a lady who if I remember right, is named Lou, and she's the boys' hairdresser. I guess they know the models too.

Both are as pretty as models, why wouldn't they?

"Hey, you're quiet," Harry nudges me, getting me out of my trance. I look around and see the crowd has mostly dispersed.

"Just looking around, that's all. This club is packed, and way bigger than the other one."

"Yeah, I've been here before just a few times. It looks like there's another party going on too, especially considering all the photographers outside," He informs me. "They were telling me it's a clothing line launch party going on, if you'd pay attention," Harry teases, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

"Maybe that explains all the models," I try to sound smooth but my voice comes out shaky.

"Yeah, I see a few that are my friends, and I haven't talked to in forever. You'd like them, Rach," he smiles, and I smile back, definitely shaking my head on the inside.

Don't think about it, don't get insecure.

"May I get you a refill babe?"

"Sure, if you don't mind," I respond, thanking him as he walks away to the main bar to get us both drinks. I sigh once he leaves, relieved that conversation ended.

Now it's my time to be discretely polite to Niall and quickly wish him a happy birthday. It's the nice thing to do.

I walk around the lower level, unable to spot the birthday boy, when suddenly I hear a grunt behind a wall in a small closed off room of this party area. When I peek through the doorway, I see Niall behind the counter of a small provided bar and kitchen area. His motions are loopy and at the same time energetic as he looks around.

"Aye! Rachel! Good t' see you're here!" Niall claps when I walk in, noticing that he is currently tearing apart the bar looking for a drink.

"It's good to see you too," I laugh at him as he searches intensely for something. "Happy birthday!"

His attention is quickly brought back to me and he smiles a dorky smile, "T'ank you!" and then continues moving about the bar.

I'm just glad this is a separate room so I can hear his drunken voice much more clearly. His accent is a lot heavier when he drinks.

"Uh, Niall?"

"Yep."

"You running the empty bar for your own party?" I tease, sitting on one of the stools in front of the counter he's behind.

He finally looks back up to me with amusement, laughing, "Yep!"

"How loner of you," I tell him sarcastically.

He rolls his eyes at me, "Pssh, speak for yourself, you're t'e one who's wanderin' alone."

"Okay, you have a point, but I did actually want to find you so I could wish you a happy birthday," I clarify. And I also wanted to do it when Harry was fetching my drink so he wouldn't get all jealous and overreact.

"Fine. Since we're both 'ere, can I get you a shot?" He places his palms on the counter.

"Sure, two are fine," I oblige. A little alcohol can't hurt.

"Free booze, and I can't find t'e beer!" He says in utter disbelief as he serves me my shot.

"That's what you're looking for?"

He hands me my shots and I take them down while he whines. "Yeh, it's got t' be here!"

"Check the fridge," I point to it.

He gives me a look of uncertainty before saying, "Huh, you're onto somethin'.."

Sure enough, the loser finds the provided beer in the fridge.

"My hero!" he calls me as he comes around with a few cans of beer and sits on the stool next to me.

"Common sense isn't all that heroic, but hey, you're welcome!" I tell him, hesitantly serving myself another shot, the alcohol already speedily running through my veins.

"Rachel," he says seriously. "Helpin' an Irishman find his beer is heroic. Spend enough time with me, you'll learn why."

A period of silence follows that sentence of us looking dead serious at each other before we crack up.

When the laughter dies down, I find Niall just looking at me as he sips on his drink.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Nothin' I uh," he looks down, then back to me, "you're jus' breathtakin' that's all." He places his hand on my knee with uncertainty.

I feel myself start to blush, and it's not just the alcohol, but more embarrassment. Niall hasn't been this honest with me, I have to say something, set things straight.

"Niall-"

"Look, I know. You're Harry's girl, I get that. I wish t'ings were different but I can't change t'e fact that he loves you. You love him," he says, a hint of disappointment in his voice as he removes his hand from my body. "But I understand."

"You do?"

"Yeh, I am not gonna be that fuckin' idiot that ruins my friendship with my mate jus' 'cause I start makin' moves on his girl. He's a brot'er to me, and I would never break that regardless my feelings for you," Niall smiles at me, and I am unbelievably thrilled to be hearing this. I can tell Harry, and that drama and jealousy can end.

"Thank you, Niall," I say, patting him on the back.

"T'anks for wishin' me a happy birt'day," he laughs again for no reason, just a purely, drunken Irish boy.

I giggle back, "No problem, now I'm going to go find Harry. Don't drink all the beer!"

"I'm Irish, love!" He shouts as I leave the room.

Once I leave, I look out into the bottom floor of the party room, searching for my boyfriend who was supposed to be bringing me a drink, but he's nowhere in sight. I ask around a bit, but everyone is too drunk or distracted to know. Then I look at the dreaded stairs.

Do I dare?

"Fuck it, I can do this," I whisper to myself, determined to find my boyfriend.

Harry's POV

'You're just breathtaking, that's all?'

Did I just see and hear that correctly?

Did I just fucking see my best mate touch my girl, and watch her blush at him?

I am fucking livid. I go and get her a drink, and this is what I come back to? How long was I gone for?

I look around to find either Liam or Louis before I go do something I might regret to Niall. I'm going to find out from one of them if they know what the fuck is going on.

Neither of them are here and I recall seeing Sophia go upstairs, so Liam might be there too, but when I go upstairs, I mainly find most of the women, including Sophia and Lou.

"Sophia, where the hell is Liam?" I ask her.

"I don't know actually, why?"

"Because my girlfriend is currently being hit on by Niall and I'd like to know if he didn't bother to tell me?" I answer angrily.

"Whoa, hey. Slow down, yeah? Why would Rachel fall for it? She's clearly with you," Sophia tries to reason with me.

I open my mouth to respond but I don't have the words to say. I trust Rachel, I don't think she'd fall for it.

She wouldn't, right?

"Harry, she's a good girl," Sophia tells me.

"But I saw her blushing. She was smiling at him, they were alone. She sneaks off to go to him while I get her drinks?" My temper rises.

Sophia opens her mouth to speak when loud cheering arises behind me. When I turn around, I see some of my friends, some models I haven't spent time with in a while, all huddled around someone. I hear a familiar voice calls to me.

"Harry?"

Immediately, the one who called my name comes out of the crowd and she smiles at me.

"What are you doing here?" She smiles widely, coming up to me with open arms.

"Hey, Kendall," I give her a hug back.

When the girls invite me to sit down for a chat I agree, very tense about this entire situation. Kendall sits right next to me, explaining to all of us that she's here for the clothing line launch with a few of the others, and I mention that Niall's party is going on downstairs. I glance over at Sophia and Lou on the other couch, giving me nervous glances about what is going on that I ignore.

"How crazy is it that we're both here?" Kendall asks me, getting my attention as she puts her arm around me, running it slightly through my hair.

The scotch running through me tells me that it's okay to let this go a little since what I just witnessed downstairs has me ticked, but my brain knows I could never do this. I couldn't do this to myself, but more importantly to Rachel.

"Crazy."

She leans in closer, "I'm glad I am seeing you tonight, I missed you."

The second she places a kiss to my cheek, my body jerks.

"No, Kendall. Don't."

"C'mon Harry," she whines.

"Kend-"

"Harry?"

In the split second that my name is called, my heart stops completely, as Kendall and my head both turn to see a stunned Rachel. Her sad blue eyes come into contact with mine for not even a second before she hastily runs down the stairs, and I instantly rise to my feet after her.

"Rachel!"

She could do whatever she wanted with Niall, fucking kiss him even, but never would I ever have wanted her to experience what she just did. That's not even payback for what I saw Niall doing, she shouldn't ever have to suffer the way I just made her. Her self-esteem that I've worked so well to bring back up since Kendall's last appearance is shot down once again, taking bullet after bullet all thanks to my fucking stupidity.

Rachel's POV

I run straight for the bathroom, glad to find it empty. I lost him, I definitely lost him.

My breathing, that's what pulls me out from my mind as I rest my hands on the sink for balance. My legs feel like jelly, I cannot breathe, and I'm having a panic attack.

What the hell did I just witness? Did it really just happen?

As I take in deep breaths to calm down, I look in the mirror, to find a mess. My makeup is smeared, my eyes watery, my hair a wreck. I cannot even recognize my own reflection at this point.

Everything I had built up has vanished. The confidence, the happiness. I'm an actual mess.

I look back up into the mirror, only to find that my reflection changed. I'm looking at a different me. A Rachel that looks cleaned up, strong, perfect, and the total opposite of who and what I am right now. She stares at me, in almost a mocking way.

Before I look back down again in defeat, my reflection speaks to me.

"Hey babe," she says, a phrase Harry would say, a smug grin on her face.

My attention is caught by her, and I cannot believe my eyes at what I'm seeing.

"You look great, that a new shade of lipgloss? It's good on you," she tells me, crossing her arms at me. I find myself squinting into the mirror. There's no way she could be real–

"Looks like someone was pretty much cheating on you. I guess mother was right, huh?" Her cocky smile stings, and her words stab at my heart.

"Really?" I ask, part of me in disbelief that this whole situation even happened.

She scoffs, "Yeah. Come on, don't tell me you want to believe he's innocent? It's time to leave, you're done here."

"I.. I don't know," I tell her.

"Rachel.. oh poor Rachel. You've gone weak. You think you're sooo in love, you are blindsided," she shakes her head. "I pity you."

"No I do not!" I protest.

"Well, are you even upset? Your boyfriend was just being cuddly with his ex, y'know, the drop-dead gorgeous model who has it out for you? Just in case you forgot," she reminds me sarcastically.

"I'm pissed," I say, meaning it.

"Then. Dump. Him," she argues. "Save yourself the pain, move on with your life. Focus on school, actually get to where you want to be. Focus on your job, your dance classes. You don't need him-"

"I do need him."

"You're fine," she insists. "You always say you're fine, why don't you listen to me so you can finally mean it?"

I open my mouth to argue when suddenly the door of the bathroom is busted open, and my body jumps. I find Sophia sighing in relief.

"Rachel, thank God I found you," she rushes up to me.

I glance back to the mirror, only to face myself again. The broken, upset, and utter mess that I am. I guess I was buzzed enough to have an epiphany.

"Rachel? Rachel, look at me," Sophia pulls my attention away. I look at her worried features as she runs her hand through my hair, then holding my shoulders to comfort me.

"Babe, this whole thing is a misunderstanding between you two, what you saw, it wasn't what you th-"

"I've seen too many things tonight," I mumble.

"Rach," Sophia continues, "the boys have Harry back in the party area, if we need to get you two to talk-"

"Sophia?"

"Yes, love?"

"Can you help me get home? But I don't want Harry to know," I finally meet her eyes, practically pleading.

She looks anxious, hesitant to listen to me.

"Please."

"Okay, I'll take you home. Let me at least text Liam."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
17.9K 1K 90
♡♡♡ "Every one called her Doll , everyone thought she was crazy. Everyone made fun of her, everyone thought she was a murderer but no one had proof t...
1M 54.5K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
17.8K 412 17
Hello everyone I am truly sorry if this is bad, I don't write stories but I read books so that is fine with me I guess. This story is about BBH (BadB...