lovestruck † hs

By the1dfanfics

"Who hurt you so much that you started to hate yourself?" Quickly I change the subject. I am not going to cr... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
The Last Chapter

Chapter 62

1.5K 42 6
By the1dfanfics

Rachel's POV

"Are you sure that my cousins called Matthew to tell him I can't work this weekend?" I asked again, worried. "And for my dance classes?"

"Yes, baby, I promise. Jennifer was very excited to do it too," he laughs. "Heard her say something about how she 'adores the blue eyes on that hunk'."

I need to make up hours for work, maybe working on the weekdays. And I'm pretty sure I will be kicked out of dance class now for how much I've missed but honestly, that doesn't seem like a huge problem.

Besides, why the hell am I thinking of work when I'm on holiday?

"Harry..." I whine, throwing my head against the seat as I try to kick my shoes off.

I really did not have any idea that we were leaving for this trip to Anne's. I know Jen, Hayley and Harry did of course. They planned the whole damn thing without me, and I am not good with surprising changes of plans because now I'm a bit of a grouch. I am exhausted. All I had in mind for tonight and this weekend was to lay in bed with Harry, relax, cuddle, maybe watch something. Of course my boyfriend decides to leave at close to ten in the evening, so we have to drive the whole night to get to our destination. I'm going crazy bored, the radio is playing nothing good, and he has been a little quite since he picked me up.

We're probably both nervous as hell for me meeting his family.

"Yeah, Rach? What's up?"

I decide to kick off my shoes, my bare feet resting against the dashboard of Harry's car, my free hand dangling out of the car window. Jumping out of the car sounds interesting... tuck and roll my way out of embarrassing myself in front of his family..

"I am booooooored."

"It's just a little bit longer, we've been through most of the drive, we're getting into the country area so really not long at all. With no traffic out at this hour out here we'll get there soon. You'll be alright. Try and get more sleep, alright?" Harry sighs out has he gives me a quick smile before averting his gaze back towards the road.

We are practically the only ones out, seeing that it's nearly midnight. Darkness surrounds us except for few lights illuminating our way. I start fidgeting with my fingers, the only thing I want was to enjoy Harry for the few days I have him all by myself for the long weekend, and now we are leaving to spend the alone time with his family, who I anxiously do want to meet, but I'm so nervous to, and I wish Harry could calm me down right now.

I guess I also just really wanted some more private time with him, and there is no way we can do anything of the sorts while staying at his mother and stepdad's home.

That's just wrong.

I look over at him, his eyes flutter a little and I can see he is tired too. I offered to drive a while back to distract myself but he reminded me I had no clue where we were even going, which is quite an important detail. He looks so good right now, he picked his hair up in a bun and changed into sweatpants and a jumper.

Can I just like.. ask him to take his top off...

I mean the struggle is real right now, I'm here, desperate for him to just pay attention and be with me and calm me down. Not to mention how good he looks, like I have to keep strong.

My eyes involuntarily close and I think back memories of Harry and I under the sheets, the feeling, the lust..

I quickly open my eyes to see Harry still focused on the road, a song stuck in his head that has him tapping his fingers along the steering wheel. My heartbeat quickens and I am sure if I try anything right now he will argue with me to keep my hands to myself. Maybe if I help myself out..

Nervously, my fingers fiddle with the straws on my sweatpants as I give him another glance. My hand glides into my sweatpants and I close my eyes.

Okay, there's a first time for everything.

I know I'm desperate but a girls got needs, alright?

I try and think back on the times with Harry again, also wondering why I am seriously so needy right now. I guess this is what so much stress and anxiousness has turned me into, a desperate freak. With all that's happened this week I could use Harry to help relieve some stress.

Biting my lip, I lean back a little. Not even a minute passes when I hear the beating of my boyfriend's fingers stop and an awkward cough.

"R-Rachel, what are you doing?"

I cock an eye open, trailing it over his shocked, amused face.

About to something new for the first time and being interrupted, I want to say.

"What does it look like? I'm bored, I wish you could pay me some attention and relieve me from my stress, I mean I am kind of a nervous wreck here.."

"Fuc- I've just never seen you do that," he blinks slowly.

"I have needs sometimes," I laugh at my previous thought, removing my hand and trying to sit up before the car suddenly pulls over and stops. What was I thinking? That is so not me.

The car remains parked on the side of the road and my confusion grows.

"Wh- What are you doing? Thought we were trying to get there before midnight?" I laugh a little again, his expression as odd as his actions.

"I.. just.."

I look down at his pants and see that he's now as desperate as I was.

"Oh now you're liking this?" I chuckle, shaking my head at him.

"Well I blame you," He blushes, flustered, the smile on his face contagious. "Now c'mere," he holds his hands out to me as I climb over the console, and he sits me to straddle him.

He combs some of my messy hair behind my ear, smiling at me sweetly, "I know you have been stressed, and you're nervous now to meet my family, yeah?"

I nod, "Yeah, I just don't want to screw up, I mean I feel like I am not much to compare to your past girlfriends."

"Why compare when you beat them out of the park?" he asks me as if it's an obvious question. He leans forward and closes the space between us, and I feel his hips buck up instantly, and I break the kiss.

"Now? I mean.. in the car, now?" I find myself giggling.

"You have needs, I have needs, there's a first for everything," he laughs back, cupping my chin gently before bringing it closer for him to kiss. "We're alone out here, it's fine, love."

I pause for a moment, pondering this before concluding with a big smile, "Well alrighty then!"

* * *

We park in front of a cute, decently sized house with a beautiful garden in front that must look amazing in the daylight. A car is parked next to ours, his sister's I assume. Harry said she was staying the night here like us so she could get to know me. I look at the dash and see 12:30 AM. Our little pitstop made us thirty minutes late... brilliant. I see a light turn on in the house, and I'm surprised anyone is still up.

I look over to find Harry looking at me with that same smug grin we had since our.. moment.

"What?" I giggle.

"Nothing, babe... you just have sex hair," he laughs, clapping his hands as if he's held that one in for ages... and he has.

"What? I've looked like this since we— Harry we got down at a rest stop! You let me go out with this hair?!" I slap his arm and he shouts a little "Ow!" as I open the mirror and try and fix this mess. No way in hell I'm meeting his family with this evidence.

This bastard just fixes his messy hair with a bun after car sex and just doesn't decide to tell me either. I hate him.

"Come on, you look cute. I've missed you." he reasons with me as I tie up my pony tail.

Okay I don't hate him.

"Ugh, I've missed you too," I sigh as he pecks my cheek.

"Let's get the suitcases."

We unload the car and head toward the door. Before Harry knocks, he turns to me.

"I'm sorry for dragging you across the country so late, I thought a surprise road trip would be fun. My family really wanted to see you and I really want you to meet them. When my mum heard you had a three day weekend this week, she begged me to take you today." My heart flutters hearing how much his mother wants to meet me. "Plus, I think getting out of town will be good for you."

"Harry, I don't mind. Just as long as I've got you," I grin and kiss his nose before adding, "And who said I didn't have any fun tonight?"

As his smirk begins to grow, the door in front of us opens and I see a young woman who looks extremely like Harry, wearing pjs and a robe. Her eyes open wide and she smiles a gorgeous smile. Harry's sister.

"I thought I heard voices! Come on in then, it's cold!" She gestures, letting us in. Harry gets the doors and I look around at the beautiful house.

"You must be Rachel! I'm Gemma, the better Styles," Gemma giggles, opening her arms and enveloping me in a tight hug.

"I'm glad to finally meet you," I tell her. "I've heard a lot about you."

"What are you on about? I think she's got a pretty different opinion on who's the better one," Harry teases her as they hug, both smiling.

"That'll change this weekend," she insists. "Well how was the drive? You guys must be exhausted, mum said you were supposed to get here around midnight? What happened?"

Harry and I glance at each other before saying,

"Traffic."

"Car trouble."

We three share glances before I agree with Harry and say "Car trouble," as he says "Traffic."

There's an awkward silence before Gemma cracks up and raises her hands in defense, "Say no more!"

A light turns on behind her and I see Harry's mother and stepfather come out, and I am absolutely stunned by how beautiful their mother is.

"Oh darling! You're finally here!" she squeals, hugging me.

"Mrs. Twist, I can't believe I'm meeting you!" I laugh, hugging her back.

"Oh please, dear, call me Anne, or even mum. I am so happy you are here! You are absolutely gorgeous, Harry did a brilliant job in describing you," she cups my cheeks and smiles a bright smile. "This is Robin, Harry's stepfather."

Anne moves over and greets her boy, who surpasses her in height, and they hug, which makes my eyes tear up for some reason. They just look so happy, this is just such a nice family.

I pay attention to the cheeky man in front of me, Robin meeting my gaze with a huge grin and he hugs me as well, asking me how I am and complimenting me, as if I was dolled up and not in big clothes with apparent "sex hair". I am just surprised at how kind and sweet this family is, all of them, and I only just met them.

After exchanging a bit banter, Anne says, "Alright, we ought to let you two get some sleep, so we can all be well rested for tomorrow, okay?"

We all agree, and Anne reminds Harry to grab my suitcase for me as I pick it up. We say goodnight, and walk to a small room down the main hallway, shutting the door behind us.

"It's so nice here. And your family, they're so sweet."

"You'll fit right in here, love. They already adore you."

* * *

"Good morning!" I hear Anne cheer as I follow Harry into the beautiful kitchen. He greets his family first with hugs and kisses immediately and I decide to follow, being treated with very open arms and warm smiles. We're all in pjs, and with the heater on in the house, I've felt so warm and cozy.

Never woke up to my family acting like this, it's such a weird difference.

"Now don't worry about a thing! Robin and I have made you three kiddos breakfast, it's just about ready. Anyone care for tea? Coffee?" Harry and Gemma's mother offers.

"I'll go for tea, please," Gemma replies, tired yet still stunning.

Harry nods his head as do I. "I'm up for tea as well, can I help you two out?" He says before telling me he'll serve me my tea.

"I'll help out as well," I speak up.

"Oh please, darling, it's alright, but thank you," Robin gives me a polite smile and taps me on the back before walking around me to the pantry.

Harry leans over towards my ear, "Sit down with Gem, I'll get your food, Rach."

Harry serves me breakfast, which just looks delicious, and they all sit around us at the table. I look over at Gemma who's mid-yawn, and she starts to laugh.

"I'm sorry I'm knackered!" she apologizes, "I'm not up to waking up this early but mum insisted."

"I wanted us all to eat together! My babies are finally home so is this lovely," Anne directs her gaze at me as she places her napkin on her thighs. "We always eat together, and now we have a guest."

"I really appreciate this, never really done the whole family breakfast thing," I admit, so ready to dig in to this well done English breakfast.

"Of course darling, it's not a problem," she assures with a soft smile. "Now if you don't mind, would you tell us a little about you? I've heard some things from Harry, but I want to hear it from the girl herself."

The whole family seems to scoot up around the table, all eyes on me. I turn my head and glance at Harry, who nods slightly with encouragement.

Looking back at his smiling, cheery family, I grin back. "What would you like to know?"

* * *

"And the next thing I know, I trip over my feet and stumble right into Harry! I mean talk about horrible first impressions, right?"

Everyone laughs along at my first real (and sober) encounter with Harry, and I am so surprised at how social I've become, but I'm so happy with myself. I was so nervous honestly, but after this morning, it's felt like I've known his family for ages with how we've gotten along. They kind of treat me like family.

"I felt so bad with him having to drag me to his apartment, but when I saw his apartment, I didn't mind getting cozy there," I giggled as a smile grew on my lips, Anne, Robin, Harry and Gem smiling along as well.

Anne begins to speak to me about how she met Robin as Harry excuses himself from the table, Gemma following suit.

"And when did you get married?" I end up asking, smiling at how cute Anne and Robin are.

"Just a few years ago. We'll have to show you photos, you'll see how adorable your boyfriend is," Anne responds, getting me to laugh. "Quite the cheeky lad he is, my sweet boy."

I glance at the kitchen entry, and start to get curious. The two have been there for quite some time.

"Would any of you like more tea? I might serve myself some more," I politely get up from the table and take my dish and my cup. Robin and Anne decline and I take their dishes to the kitchen. Before entering, I lean against the wall and hide at the sound of my name from Gemma.

"Hm?" Harry asks.

"I said, that I think Rachel's a keeper," his sister whispers, helping him put away the breakfast.

My body freezes in it's position.

Holy shit.

I turn my head around and peek out, catching sight of the two. I want to see how he reacts, I mean, his sister is saying this.

This is a big deal.

Harry glances down at her as she leans over the counter, sitting on one of the bar stools. He beams fondly, looking quickly back down at his hands.

"You think so?" he replies softly, tilting his head lightly with a dopey grin on his lips. "That's good, I'm glad you think that."

"Bit of a chatterbox, I like her," Gemma chuckles, straightening her posture.

I try to make out what Harry's saying as a fork drops from one of the plates and clinks loudly on the floor.

Cover blown.

And I'm supposed to be a waitress?

I quickly try and act natural, walking into the kitchen, the two rushing to help me with the plates and cups.

"Just uh, dropped a fork on the way over," I laugh, cringing at how awkward it sounded. Gemma leaves us to go and get the fork as I look at Harry when he takes the dishes from me and places them in the sink. He has the biggest grin on his face as he pulls me in for a cuddle and a kiss. "What are you so happy about?"

"No reason, just love you, I guess. Everyone likes you," he murmurs, as we back up from hug, still holding on. I see his cheeks turn red as he stares behind me and when I turn, Gemma is making kissy faces before cracking up as she walks back to the table.

"Harry, give us Rachel back, we'd like to hear just a bit more before we all get ready to show her the town today!" Robin shouts from the dinning room.

"I'm a hit, what can I say?" I shrug, taking his hand and dragging him back to his family.

* * *

"This town is so cute!" I squeal for the millionth time today as Harry and I set out stuff down in our room. We went out all day and Harry showed me everything. And I mean everything.

"Regardless that I freezed my butt off, it was such a good day. Thank you," I hug him, still in the big coat I borrowed.

"Of course, baby. I'm glad I got to show you. What did you like the most?"

I break from the hug and fall back on his old bed, very exhausted from today's adventure.

"The bakery especially. Those ladies you worked with, they were just the sweetest. They adore you," I laughed, remembering how adorable it was when all the old coworkers of Harry rejoiced at his presence. They attacked me with hugs; it was such a good day today.

They liked me so much they even gave me free food.

A great day.

"I love your family, today was just... I've always wanted a family day like that." I tell him as he lays down next to me.

"I'm glad. You deserved it this weekend, love. Just wait what we have in store for tomorrow..."

"What's tomorrow?!" I turn over excitedly to my tired Harry, a smug look on his face as he rests his arms underneath his head.

"It's our last day of the trip, so I figured I'd take you to a beach, something I think you've probably missed since Los Angeles. It's called Crosby Beach, it's a couple hours away. We'll stay in a hotel tomorrow night and head home Sunday morning, how does that sound?"

"A beach?!"

"Yes ma'am."

"A real beach?" I cannot believe him.

But he nods.

"No way! Oh Harry, thank you! I miss the beach." I cheer before planting a quick kiss to his lips. "Now I get why I found a swimsuit in my luggage, I just thought my cousins were stupid for packing such a thing. I mean it's always a possibility.."

He shakes his head as I start to laugh.

"So let's go out to dinner with my family since we probably won't be seeing them for a while, yeah?"

I'm upset to say goodbye to them, because they've seemed like family to me more than my own family, but I'm so ready to go to a beach and get my boyfriend all to myself.

* * *

I let the sun soak through my skin, sighing out when I hear a bird chirp somewhere to my left. It's oddly warmer than yesterday, I'm loving it. My eyes form into slits as I try to hear where my boyfriend is located, coming up empty handed. I haven't seen him in over twenty minutes. I left him in the water to rest on the towel we placed on the small fishing pier. My mouth opens to shout out his name but it's replaced with a shriek as I feel his arms envelope me before he sends both of our bodies off of the edge and into the clear blue water. I feel a bit of water fill my lungs before I paddle my best to reach the surface again, gasping for air as my hair mats to my face, covering my eyes completely.

"Harry fucking Styles!" I shout, my two hands rubbing flat over my face to get rid of all the hair, a chime of laughter erupting from behind me. I start laughing along too, my feet and arms moving gently to keep myself floating.

"I just got my hair dry, you jerk." I groan, a smile still evident onto my lips as I hoist myself back onto the dock, wetting the wood with the water flowing from my body.

Harry swims closer to me as I squeeze the excess of water from my hair, kicking some water into his face as he comes near.

"I like you more when wet." Harry smirks, his hands grasping my ankles so I'd hold him up, his body just drifting.

"Of course you do." I flick the droplets of water that rest on my hand towards his face, smiling as he bites my shin softly but quickly.

"Come play." Harry pulls my legs, trying to get me back into the water, his fingertips ghosting over my freshly shaved legs, pulling himself up while resting his weight onto my knees, his lips puckering in my direction for a kiss. My hand rests on his jaw as I press my lips to his. I let myself slip into the water, my legs wound around Harry's waist as I end the kiss. Suddenly, a strange idea comes to mind.

"I have a semi-weird question."

"Shoot."

"Do you think you can swim with me sitting on your back or will you drown?" I laugh as I crawl towards Harry's back, my hands squeezing his shoulders as if to say he should try it in a non verbal manner.

"I think I might drown then love." Harry chuckles, nodding his head as he keeps drifting around near the small dock, my hands rubbing over his chest as I wait for him to do anything.

"We won't know if we don't try." I simply state, kissing his cheek as I grin at his mock hurt.

"Is this your subtle way of murder?" Harry gasps, one of his hands squeezing my leg, the other pressed against his chest. "I take you on a trip, introduced you to my family, then take you here before we leave, and you kill me?"

A giggle leaves my lips as I watch Harry carries both our bodies to a less shallow bit of the water, trying to swim.

"Oh yeah, when you die can I have your shirt collection?" I state, a string of gibberish laughter leaves my lips when Harry stops mid swim, almost drowning both of us before he picks up again.

"Apparently we can." Harry chuckles as he swims a few feet, my feet paddling along to keep him moving and make sure his head doesn't go under.

"Yes, go Harry!" I cheer, clapping my hands together like a retarded seal before I feel the cold water come into contact with my face again, Harry turning so I fall into the water again. This time I merely laugh before diving under, pulling Harry's legs from underneath him making him go under just like me.

Harry comes back up and gasps for air, his eyes widened as he smirks in my direction.

"You should be really glad I love you."

I bat my eyelashes as I pull myself out of the water again, winking at his as I pull my bikini shorts back in its rightful place.

"I love you too. Now come on, maybe we just lie in the sun for a bit before we look at this cute little town? I saw some adorable places I wanted to see before we head to the hotel for the night."

I only have to say it once, Harry already out of the water, plucking me off of my feet and throwing me roughly over his shoulder. He pats my bum a time or two before starting to jog towards our car, a smile on my lips as I have a time to look at our view.

I could get used to this.

a/n:
here's some manips i made ages ago just for this chapter btw:

when they're out on the town and Anne takes this i imagined:

and i imagined harry making rachel take this one after the beach when they're out:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 1K 90
♡♡♡ "Every one called her Doll , everyone thought she was crazy. Everyone made fun of her, everyone thought she was a murderer but no one had proof t...
Stuck [H.S] By a!

Fanfiction

41.4K 1.5K 25
[COMPLETE & EDITED] Being at that time of the month, Jolie decides to make a quick stop to a convience store to retrieve chocolates and candies to sa...
871K 40.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
25.4K 623 9
*female reader insert fic* You and Harry are best friends who start an arrangement. When he meets someone new and your arrangement ends, you're left...