Who I Am [Boyxboy]

By JSBelard

Nathan Velin is the oldest grandson of the Chairman of House of Amanda Velin, a famous multi-billion clothing... More

Chapter One - The Vultures
Chapter Two - Masks
Chapter Three - Eyes of Death
Chapter Four - Beacon of Light
Chapter Five - The Beginning
Chapter Seven - Growing Feelings
Chapter Eight - Disaster at the Runway
Chapter Nine - Moments of Bliss
Chapter Ten - Clashing Vultures
Chapter Eleven - One Step Closer
Chapter Twelve - Emerging Feelings
Chapter Thirteen - Vast Skies
Chapter Fourteen - New Partnership
Chapter Fifteen - Blissful Moment
Chapter Sixteen - The Black Car
Chapter Seventeen - Hello Mother
Chapter Eighteen - The Promise
Chapter Nineteen - Ryuzaki
Chapter Twenty - The Perfect World
Chapter Twenty One - Aozora
Chapter Twenty Two - Crazy Night
Chapter Twenty Three - Almost Engaged
Chapter Twenty Four - Dragon in the Sky
Chapter Twenty Five - Chasing Kazuki
Chapter Twenty Six - Fall of the Vulture
Chapter Twenty Seven - Embracing the Sky

Chapter Six - Caught Off Guard

121 12 3
By JSBelard

"Don't wander outside, it's late. Sleep early." Nathan said kindly as Kazuki stepped down from his car.

Kazuki nodded his head, his mind and heart was still in confusion. Stop it. You can't feel that way for Nathan, it would only get in the way of what you must do. He was welcomed by a few maids when he returned to the manor, he asked where Victor Velin was and learned that the Velin patriarch was already resting in his room.

Instead of going straight to his room, Kazuki chose to have a night cup in the dining hall first. As much as he can, Kazuki didn't want to stay in that prison like room. The thought of having your every move watched by an unknown person was creepy enough for him.

"You're home pretty late. Overtime?" Kazuki heard a familiar voice from behind him as he drank his warm milk.

"David, what are you doing here?" Kazuki's eyes were filled with curiosity as David walked and sat at the seat adjacent to Kazuki's.

"I had dinner with Ivory, she had too much to drink so I brought her home." David answered as he crossed his legs and stared at Kazuki with a smile.

"Being a dutiful fiancé, I see..." Kazuki said with a meaningful look in his eyes.

"Just being a proper gentleman." David reply with a smile. In his eyes, Kazuki is the cutest thing, and he would never get tired of watching him.

"A gentleman." Kazuki chuckled mockingly. "It doesn't suit you."

"Forget about what happened the last time. Let's start all over again." David suggested with an awkward laugh.

"Forget which part; the part where you tried to molest me or the part I subdued you?" Kazuki replied with a smile.

"Can we do both...?" David said, his cheeks quite blushing in embarrassment.

"Sure, if you tell me something." Kazuki said.

"What is it?" David replied with a coy smile.

"Why did Bailey break up with Nathan?" Kazuki asked straightforwardly. "She still loves Nathan; I can't believe that her reason was because she was insecure about Nathan's feelings for her."

"So Ivory was telling the truth, you and Bailey are close to each other." David replied, without breaking eye contact with Kazuki. "It's not that she was insecure. Nathan never made her feel that he loved her. He was all about work. He made it seem that the only reason for their engagement was because of politics. That it was a marriage of convenience."

"Like yours." Kazuki replied.

"Well yeah. The difference is, I'm making it seem that I'm interested in Ivory while I am not. Nathan, on the other hand, did the exact opposite." David replied.

"He does love her, though. I could tell."

"He does, but Nathan doesn't really know how to express love and affection; mainly because he grew up without experiencing it. His family even took him away from the only person that showed him love, his father." David explained.

"You know him very well..." Kazuki said as he looked down on the table as he fiddled with his mug. I don't know anything about Nathan at all.

"I've known him ever since he moved here. I had plenty of time to get to know him." David said. "Don't worry, you'll have a lot of time to get to know your cousin, from now on." He added with a reassuring smile and tone.

"Thanks." Kazuki replied as he looked up. "Can I ask you a favor?" He asked looking at David with his puppy eyes.

David gulped. What the hell is that look...? This is dangerous. "It depends, what is it?" He asked after clearing his throat.

"It's obvious that Nathan and Bailey still have feelings for each other, but Nathan won't even talk to Bailey, so..." Kazuki said carefully.

"No. No, no, no." David shook his head, knowing what Kazuki wanted. "Do you want Nathan to kill me, is that what you want?" He said. "It's better if we let things happen naturally. We can't force them to get back together, or less so, to talk to each other."

"We're not going to force them to talk, we'll just make sure that they're in the same room together, to keep things flowing." Kazuki tried to convince David but the man still looked resolute in his decision to reject Kazuki's favor.

In his last resort, Kazuki leaned forward and took one of David's hand, he held it in between his own hands and raised it just below his nose. "Please..." Kazuki pleaded.

This bastard... He looks really, adorable. Kazuki's hands were soft and David loved the feeling of it against his own skin.

David was conflicted. It was hard to say no to Kazuki while he looked like that, but at the same time, he knew that Nathan would be angry if he found out his hand on Kazuki's devious plan. I lost... He thought as his whole body was filled with urges.

In one swift movement, David leaned closer and placed his free hand on the back of Kazuki's head; he then lowered his other hand together with Kazuki's hands that was holding him. Even before Kazuki could react, David pulled him closer and planted a soft and gentle kiss on Kazuki's lips.

Kazuki's eyes widened. David tried to part his lips and invade his mouth, but Kazuki kicked him on the shin. David moved away in pain. As he rubbed his aching shin, Kazuki stood up and walked away. "We're you drunk too?" He asked with an awkward chuckle. "Go home, it's too late." He said before he left the dining room.

David was left with a small smile on his lips. Even though he could still the pain in his shin, he couldn't help but smile. Kazuki's lips were soft and sweet, he liked it. In fact, he couldn't forget about that kiss. He touched his lips with his fingers and chuckled, thinking that he would love to get another kiss from Kazuki.

When David woke up the next day, the first thing that came into his head was the kiss with Kazuki, and instantly a smile formed on his lips. He went through his morning routine as normal, with a slight difference, he couldn't stop smiling.

That smile was only wiped away when he received an email form on of his friends. It was about a rumor spreading in the net. The news about Bailey working under Nathan's team spread, but the rumor focused on Bailey and Kazuki. That article was published on a famous blog, so for sure many had read that article.

There were speculations that Kazuki is Bailey's new man, and the reason why she chose to work at Amanda Velin instead at her own family company was because of Kazuki. There were pictures of Bailey and Kazuki together, most of it were of them eating lunch together, looking happy and close.

"Ivory..." David muttered. There was no doubt in his mind, his fiancée was the one behind that article.

The first thing that came into David's mind was to call Kazuki. He tried dialing the number that Nathan gave him; it rang a few times but hanged up. He tried calling again a few times, but Kazuki would just hang up.

In the end, David called Nathan. "Is Kazuki with you?" He asked instantly.

"We're on the way to the office, why?" Nathan asked.

"Can I talk to him?" David asked.

"David wants to talk to you." Nathan said.

"I don't want to talk to him." Kazuki said loud enough for David to hear.

"You heard him." Nathan said. "He looked really pissed, what did you do to him?" Nathan asked.

David couldn't decide what was harder; telling Nathan the circulating rumors about Bailey and Kazuki or that he stole a kiss from Kazuki the night before. "Does he have to be in the office today? Can't you just send him to do some field work?" David asked, knowing that Kazuki might have a hard time in the office because of the rumors. Besides, knowing Ivory, David knew that the blog entry wasn't the end of it all.

"And where do you suggest I send him, to your hotel?" Nathan asked sarcastically.

"That's a good idea. Why don't you..."

"I'm hanging up..." Nathan said and ended the call.

"That bastard..." David said as he clicked his tongue.

"What did he want?" Kazuki asked as Nathan hanged the phone.

"You, apparently." Nathan replied straightforwardly. "He seems really fascinated with you, for some reason."

"He should focus that fascination to his fiancée instead." Kazuki replied.

"Yeah, that would be impossible." Nathan replied.

Kazuki was loving the new dynamics of his relationship with Nathan. The latter wasn't treating him as stranger anymore. Slowly, Nathan seemed to be warming up to the idea of acting like a proper cousin to him. And Kazuki was trying his best to convince himself the same thing.

Nathan is his cousin.

He couldn't feel anything more for him.

Because more than being just cousins, sooner or later, the truth would be revealed. And he would have to disappear from his life, from the lives of all the Velins, altogether.

Kazuki went through his day as normal. People were looking at him with suspicion in their eyes, but it was something that he was already used to. He only noticed how bad the situation could be when those suspicious stares were directed not only to him but to Bailey and Nathan as well.

The gravity of things only dawned to him when he and Bailey was about to go out for lunch.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we can't let you go out of the headquarters." A big man wearing a black suit said. Kazuki recognized him as one of his bodyguards that always loomed around him in hiding.

"Why? What's happening?" Kazuki asked. "Tell me, I need to know." He added when the man kept quiet.

"There are paparazzi waiting to ambush you and Miss Chambers outside the headquarters, we are ordered by Chairman Velin to keep the both of you away from them and to ensure your safety, especially you, sir." The man replied.

"Paparazzi? Why do they want to ambush us?" Kazuki asked obliviously.

"You mean you haven't read it?" Bailey asked.

"Read what?"

"It's nothing. Just a stupid article. Don't think about it, let's just eat at the cafeteria, or order something for delivery." Bailey had read the online article about the rumor that was linking her and Kazuki. She found it ridiculous and nonsensical and refused to give it a time of her day. She was more worried about how Kazuki would handle things.

Bailey knew that Kazuki was fairly knew to the life of the rich and powerful. Every single detail, even the most ridiculous of rumors could trigger a field day for reporters. People outside their circle tends to blow things out of proportion, and pay things attention more than they should have.

She was used to those kinds of things, and she learned when to ignore them and when to take actions. Kazuki was different though, she thought. After all, just a few weeks ago, he lived an ordinary and peaceful life.

"No, why do we have to hide from them? I don't know what's really going on, but we can just ignore them, a few pictures wouldn't hurt." He reasoned out.

"Kazuki, in our world, one picture could make or break you." Bailey explained.

"Bailey is right, Kazuki." Victor Velin walked towards them. "Besides, I haven't formally introduced you as my grandson yet, any bad publicity or controversy would be certainly used to delay your introduction to the stockholders. Better to be safe than to risk your position." Victor Velin explained.

Ivory sat comfortably in her desk as she ate the salad her Mom brought for her. "I heard Nathan is doing good progress with the preparation for fashion week." Joan said, sounding displeased, as she sat down on the couch.

"I'm taking care of things, Mom." Ivory replied.

"Really? And your way of taking care of things is releasing a childish article about Bailey and Kazuki?" Joan asked. "You're heading a design team for Amanda Velin, Ivory, be a little more creative. If you want to stand on top of the Velin Family, you must destroy your competitions, and an article like wouldn't cut it."

"I have my own way of taking care of things, Mom." Ivory replied. "What I want to happen for the moment is for Kazuki and Nathan to get on each other's throat. If they destroy each other on the way, then I would be really satisfied."

"You're too naïve, my daughter." Joan said as she rolled her eyes.

Nathan had just read the ridiculous online article about Kazuki and Bailey. It was merely impossible for Bailey and Kazuki to have a relationship, since they've just met a few weeks ago. It was presumptuous, but Nathan would like to think that he is the reason why Bailey chose to work at Amanda Velin instead of Chamberlain Textiles.

Well that, aside from the fact that Bailey had always dreamed about being a fashion designer.

It wasn't debatable, Nathan still have feelings for Bailey, that's why he got jealous when he saw Bailey and Kazuki together. In fact, he was still a bit jealous of Kazuki and Bailey's growing closeness, and the only thing that was holding him back from getting fully jealous was the fact that Kazuki told him that he like someone else.

Something that Nathan still doesn't hasn't cleared nor confirmed.

It was a surprise to Nathan when David called him and asked him to dinner. David said it was an emergency meeting about the preparation for fashion week. Of course, as the one in charge, Nathan couldn't say no.

When his phone rang and David's name registered on screen, Kazuki contemplated on hanging up and blocking David's number for the time being, but he knew David was as a stubborn bastard, and the only way to him from being a bother is by answering his call. "What do you want?" Kazuki greeted.

"Hello there too." David replied. "I arranged a dinner meeting with Nathan, and he said yes. All you have to do is bring Bailey to the restaurant that I would text you, and they could start... talking, I guess."

"Really?" Kazuki was surprised as to how fast David worked. "I didn't expect you to work this fast."

"Well, you asked for my help, didn't you?" David said with gusto.

"Yeah I did, but don't you think your timing is a bit off?"

"If you're talking about the rumor going around, ignore it." David said. "Besides, if you want them to talk to each other, better do it as soon as possible. Fashion week is less than two weeks away, and Ivory would do anything to make sure Nathan fails, even if it means using his history with Bailey." David explained. "If you prolong this, then it might be too late."

"Fine. I'll bring Bailey over. Thanks." Kazuki said and was about to hang up but David spoke in soulful tone.

"About last night." David said.

"Forget about last night." Kazuki instantly said. He was embarrassed, more than being angry at David.

"I can't." David's voice sounded serious. "I'm sorry for how I did it, for stealing it, but I don't regret it, and I definitely can't forget it." David's words were making Kazuki even more embarrassed; he was lost for words and his cheeks were burning. He said those words with sincerity and his voice was filled with adoration.

It confused Kazuki greatly. When David stole that kiss, he hated it, but hearing what David had just said was making his heart pound for another different reason.

"Wha-what are you talking about..." Kazuki stuttered.

"I liked it. A lot." David said. "I mean, it was vanilla, but it felt great. Even better than any passionate kiss I had." Kazuki was utterly dumbfounded. "I can't stop thinking about it, Kazuki. I know you might think that I am a pervert by saying this, but I want more..."

Kazuki couldn't listen anymore so he hanged up. That man is weird. I need to be careful around him. He thought as he calmed his pounding heart.

Convincing Bailey to join him for dinner was easier than he though, the hard part was convincing Nathan to stay.

When the waitress opened the door of the private room David reserved, Bailey and Nathan's eyes instantly. It was a tense atmosphere.

Without saying anything, Nathan stood up, and left the room. His shoulder brushed Kazuki's as he stepped out. "Wait here, I'll talk to him." Kazuki told Bailey as he followed Nathan. "Nathan!" He called. "Are you running away?" Kazuki asked with a mocking tone. "What are you so afraid of? You still have feelings for her, don't you?"

"Are you behind this? Did you plan this?" Nathan turned around and asked Kazuki angrily. "You don't know anything, Kazuki. It's not that easy."

"Of course it's not going to be easy." Kazuki answered back. "But if you don't do anything, nothing would change. You can't avoid each other forever." Kazuki paused. "Sure, I know nothing about the history between the two of you, but I know that Bailey still loves you, and I could see in your eyes that you..." Why can't I say it...? What's wrong with me? "You don't have to rush things; you could start at trying to be friends again. You don't even have to talk to her yet, just get used to being around her."

Nathan had promised his self that he would be a proper cousin to Kazuki, that no matter what happens, he would keep his temper in check. "Why are you doing this, what could you possibly get out of this?"

"It's because we're cousins. I want you to be happy Nathan, and I'm going to do everything I can to make you happy; because we're family. And family support each other." Kazuki said decisively.

It was a first time for Nathan to hear a family of his say that. What's even more surprising to him was the fact that Kazuki sounded sincere. Nathan simply haven't experienced anything like that.

Being in the same room as his ex-fiancée was still difficult for Nathan. Every time he would see Bailey, he would remember how she left him, how she lost faith in his love. "If, you're not ready, then it's fine. I won't force you. I'm sorry, for getting out-of-line..." Kazuki said.

Then there was Kazuki, his cousin who somehow believes in his inner goodness, his cousin who wanted him to be happy. After going all the trouble, Nathan didn't want to disappoint Kazuki. "Fine, I'll stay for dinner, but you and David are staying the whole time, don't play any more tricks, or I'll get mad." Nathan sighed.

"Really?" Kazuki asked and Nathan nodded. "Great! No more tricks, I promise." Kazuki said gleefully.

When Nathan and Kazuki returned, Bailey's eyes were filled with expectation.

Nathan and Kazuki sat together on the same side of the table, Kazuki was facing David while Nathan was in front of Bailey. The atmosphere in the room was a bit awkward, and Nathan was noticeably avoiding eye contact with Bailey.

"Shall we order, then?" David said, breaking the silence. He didn't expect to be asked to stay, and watching the awkwardness between Bailey and Nathan was painful.

When the waiter entered the room, turned his head and they locked eyes for a few seconds, and then Kazuki looked away.

"Wha.." David was about to ask Kazuki what he wanted to eat, but Nathan beat him to it.

"Do you want the steak?" Nathan asked as he turned his head to Kazuki. Both his voice and expression were gentle.

"Yeah, sure." Kazuki replied with a smile. "I want a big one. And do they have fries here?"

"Don't turn this into a fast food. How many times do I have to tell you; you can't eat like that all the time? You got to start eating healthy." Nathan said in a reprimanding tone.

"I'm trying to gain weight, so I'm eating as much as I can." Kazuki replied in a bold tone.

"Then gain some muscles, not fat. There's a gym in the manor, start working out." Nathan replied.

"I have a better idea. Why don't you train me? Seeing how fit your bod is, you can teach me a thing or two." Kazuki said teasingly. He was right, though. Nathan was fit and athletically built, and with his good looks, many swoon over him.

"Look here, I'm busy at it is..." Nathan complained.

"Me too." Kazuki replied sarcastically.

"Tsk... Hss..." Nathan hissed as he gave a sharp look to Kazuki.

Kazuki gulped and backed away.

Seeing the interaction between the two somehow made David jealous. The cousins seemed to be close, to argue like that, and he just wish he could be like that with Kazuki. If only he could control his urges around him, then Kazuki wouldn't think of him as a pervert.

David cleared his throat. "Are we ready to order yet?" He asked.

"We'll have three steak courses and a salmon course." Nathan ordered. "For the salmon course, please use less salt and no nuts."

Bailey was pleasantly surprised. Nathan still remembers what she likes to eat, he still remembers about her allergy to nuts, and somehow it made her feel that Nathan still cares for her. "You remember..." She muttered.

"I remember everything you said. The good and the bad." Nathan said dismissively.

Kazuki excused himself and it broke the awkward silence in the room. He went straight to the restroom and washed his hands. The door of the restroom opened and the waiter who took their orders came in and stood in front of the sink.

"I hope you're not forgetting your true purpose." The waiter said as he stood close to Kazuki.

"This all the information I managed to gather. I can do more and move freely once Victor Velin formally introduces me as his grandson." Kazuki said as he took out a small USB from his pocket, ignoring the waiter's comment. He placed the USB on the sink and the waiter took it.

"You seem to be getting close to Nathan Velin. We could use..." The waiter said in a serious tone.

Kazuki hit the marble counter and turned his sharp deadly eyes to the waiter. "Don't even think about it." He threatened, his eyes fiery and full contempt. "If any of you touch Nathan, I'll make you regret it. Understand?" His voice was filled with disdain. And even though the waiter was taller than, Kazuki's stare was making the man feel small.

There was no doubt, if they go against Kazuki, he could go as far as to kill them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 7.2K 36
Nathaniel Knox has only ever seen Phoebe as one thing: forbidden. He's no good for anyone - especially not someone as sweet as his best friend's litt...
470K 26.2K 60
[BOOK 1] Not Edited - For the edited version see my bio Aquilam and Ignis, two clans fighting each other for more than a thousand years now. A pl...
Will he By tanz

Teen Fiction

12.5K 272 46
Let's face it, We all have that one person who we secretly love, the person who's never going to know how much you care about them. The person who w...
559 26 16
A forbidden love between a sister and her brother's best friend. Julia is a girl who lives in a dorm with many boys. They've been best friends since...