Remember the Time

De historynerd0401

{1996 - 2001} Marriage... Sounds like bliss to Michael and Mariah after the events of the past six years, but... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117

Chapter 77

676 22 33
De historynerd0401

December 3rd, 1998

Slam.

Mariah walked into the condo, the door slamming behind her. She put her coat on the rack and took off her snow boots. She walked straight into the master bathroom. Sitting on the edge of the bathtub, Mariah reached over and turned the ‘hot’ knob until it couldn’t go anymore. The water slowly hit the bottom of the tub, steam rising up and fogging the mirrors.

She walked back out of the bathroom, through the bedroom, and into the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of Merlot and sipped, slowly, savoring its dry touch. She put the glass down on the counter and licked her lips, tossing her head back. She shut her eyes and pulled the ponytail holder out of her head.

I could so use a massage right now.

She took a deep sigh and headed back into the bedroom, glass in hand. When she entered the bedroom, she took the bubble bath out of the cabinet and dragged her feet into the bathroom where she poured some into the hot bathwater. She put the bubble bath down on the edge of the tub and walked over to the mirror.

After wiping the steam off, she studied herself, closely. She had a zit coming in on her chin--probably from the makeup. She had small bags under her eyes from lack of proper rest as of late. And her skin was pale from the freezing cold temperatures in New York. She proceeded to pull out her makeup remover and wipe all her makeup off. Soiled makeup removal pads quickly filled the bottom of the wastebasket.

Turning away from the mirror, she lifted her shirt above her head and started back out of the bathroom. Piece, by piece, she undressed as she walked into the bedroom. Completely nude, she grabbed her wine glass and headed back toward the tub. She turned the water off and stepped in--the heat causing her to jump upon impact.

She tried again, getting into the jacuzzi tub with the water nearly at her shoulders. Her headspace soon filled with her earlier activities. Holding her breath, she slipped under the water--those same thoughts flooding her mind. But it played tricks on her, Tommy’s face soon fading into Michael’s. Images of being bent over Tommy’s desk replaced by dancing with Michael. Feelings of apathy replaced with confusion.

She jumped back up, catching her breath.

Shaken, she picked up the washcloth and ran it over her arm, letting it drape over skin.

If you lost everything I'd be standing by your side.

The washcloth gently scrubbing behind her ears.

I'll never betray your trust because I'm so in love with you.

She dropped the washcloth and looked over at herself in the mirror across from the tub. All she could think about was how she violated her vows by sleeping with another man.

What kind of wife am I?

She leaned back, trying to make sense of everything that transpired that day, and if it was really worth possibly losing her husband over.

You know what, what am I doing? It’s not that big of a damn deal.

She took a sip of her wine.

He wanted this. I did this for him. If he didn’t want me to fix it he wouldn’t have whined about it so much.

She sat her glass down on the edge of the tub and reached for the detachable tub faucet.

I am such a good wife.

She turned the water on and ran it through her scalp, massaging her head.

Plus, I had his bitch ass begging for more.

She kept creating visions of the earlier scene in her mind--how she had Tommy in the palm of her hands. As odd as it seemed, she felt empowered watching her abuser fall weak to her body. She reveled in the fact that after all these years, he still wanted her, even though it hurt to think about what he put her through.

She put the faucet back and massaged her scalp with her fingers--applying heavy pressure. She winced, remembering how Tommy pulled her hair as he fucked deeper into her.

Hell I need to start getting paid for this shit. I got a damn headache.

She let the tips of her fingers trail off, taking the pressure off her head, then tilted her head to the side to give her arm a break.

She shut her eyes, letting her mind wander about the possibilities that lay ahead for she and her husband. If nothing else, Michael would finally get what he wanted. She anticipated seeing his face after word about Sony finally funding his album got out.

She lifted her head, opened her eyes, and grabbed her glass.

Taking a sip of her wine, she laid back in the tub and smiled to herself. She was proud at what she’d done.

December 4th, 1998

Ring.

Ring.

Mariah looked up from under the cover at her phone. She stretched, wincing at the pain in her legs from the night before, then reached over to answer.

“Hello?”

“Hey baby.” Michael said in a jovial tone.

Mariah sat up, carefully. “Hey, what's up?”

“Sony just called and said there was a mix up. They're gonna pay for my album.” He said.

That was quick.

Mariah smiled. “That's good baby.”

“Yeah, I'm excited. And you know what else?”

“What?”

“They doubled my budget!”

My vag must be made out of diamonds.

“Really?” She asked, trying to sound surprised.

“Yeah! I'm gonna be meeting with Corey Rooney next week to work on some stuff.” Michael said.

Mariah nodded along. “I'm happy for you babe.”

Michael talked a little longer about his plans for the new album. Mariah was happy to hear him so excited for the first time in awhile.

“So how are you? You still at Whitney's?” He asked.

Mariah paused. “Yeah, I should be home soon.”

“Good because I miss you.” He said.

She beamed. “I miss you too. How are the girls?”

“They're good. We're all just waiting for you to come home.”

“Aww, tell my babies I love them.” Mariah instructed.

“I will. Have you thought about what you wanted to do about their birthdays?” He asked.

Mariah raised an eyebrow. “I thought we were having a party.”

“Yeah, I meant like guests, food, a date, anything special?” He pressed.

“Oh! Yeah I was thinking we could do it on the 27th and just invite the usual, your family and maybe Alison can come-”

“I don't think both of our dads should come.”

Mariah's eyes widened. “Shit, you're right. Joseph would kill my dad if he knew.”

“Well…”

Mariah deadpanned. “He knows doesn't he?”

“I don't know how he found out.” Michael said, in an overly surprised tone. Mariah squinted at his exaggerated tone, skepticism growing inside of her.

She sighed. “Well I don't know what we're gonna do. Your mom has to come and even if we don't invite my dad she'll probably do it. Then Joseph…”

“We have to keep them separate.” He surmised. “Maybe we can keep Alfred in Mother's guest house until Joseph leaves.”

Mariah twisted her lips in contemplation. “I don't think-”

“Hey baby, sorry to cut you off.” Michael interrupted. “I've got a business call coming through. I'll call you back as soon as I can, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Alright, I love you.”

Mariah grinned. “I love you too.”

December 14th, 1998

John sat at his post, minding his business. It was a particularly uneventful day at Neverland. Katherine was out for the day, Mariah and Michael didn’t have any visitors, and all the staff were there on time.

Suddenly, a black 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E pulled into the driveway.

John raised an eyebrow. Michael didn’t say anything about visitors.

The front window of the car rolled down, revealing a haggard looking June Chandler.

“June?”

June grinned.

“Uh, you do know you can’t be here, right?”

“I know. But I wanted to see Michael.” She replied.

John sighed. “Look, June, I’m not supposed to let you in.”

She looked down at her steering wheel. “I spoke to Michael.”

“Yeah, I don’t think so.”

June huffed. “Just come on, John!”

John glanced at the phone, tempted to call Michael. He knew that there were legal issues preventing them from seeing each other but he also remembered how close they were. June was there for Michael whenever Mariah thought it would be okay to spend nights with Tommy. He remembered Michael being distraught over his then fiance’s whereabouts and June being the only one whom he’d confide in. Michael even instructed John to give June special access.

“June, I can’t do it. Michael’s not even home. Plus, his wife is here.”

“I’m not trying to sleep with him, John! I just need to talk to him. And even her if it helps.” June retorted.

[Flashback - Late Spring 1993]

[Evan had arrived into Santa Barbara from Los Angeles an hour earlier with Jordan to see what Neverland was all about. Michael instructed one of his drivers to pick the two up from the municipal airport and escort them back to Neverland. When the two arrived, they met with John, then a lower-ranking security guard for the estate, who’d driven them to the main house in a golf cart. On their way back to the main house, Evan told John about how he’d heard so many great things from his ex-wife about Michael’s world. The three finally arrived to the main house, where Michael stood outside to greet them.

“Hey, Mike! Got yourself a real fairytale land here.” Evan said.

Michael gave a shy smile. John knew Michael wasn’t particularly fond of Evan, but was willing to deal with the man for June and Jordan’s sake.

“Why don’t you build me something out here? That way we don’t have to come all the way from LA.” Evan said, half-joking yet completely serious.

Michael shared a look of distress with John, then glanced down at Jordan. “What’s up lil man?”

Jordan smiled and gave a ‘what’s up nod’. The teenager look completely unnerved around his father.

Michael looked back and forth between Jordan and Evan. “Hey Jordie, Brett’s at the arcade with some of my cousins. Why don’t you go and play games and I’ll be out there in a sec.?”

Jordan detached himself from his father’s vice-grip and ran toward the arcade.

Michael waited until Jordan was out of earshot before speaking up.

“So what is it that you want, Mr. Chandler?” Michael asked.

John turned his back on the other two men but continued to listen.

Evan chuckled. “I just wanted to see how you live--what you’re exposing my boy to.”

John could feel the tension behind him.

“Well, we’re good h-”

“So where’s your fiance’?” Evan interrupted.

“She’s in the house.”

“You know, I didn’t want to say this in front of her, but I’m really surprised you’re bangin’ ‘er. I mean the whole ‘Peter Pan Neverland’ thing is just uh...Well I didn’t think you’d have an interest in women, that’s for sure.” Evan noted, his tone insinuating something.

It went quiet for a moment.

Evan burst out laughing. “I’m just kidding with ya, Jackson.” John heard Evan pat Michael’s shoulder and swiftly turned around.

The other two men glanced up.

“It’s cool, John.” Michael said, clearly agitated.

“Jeez, learn to take a joke.” Evan bit.

Michael took a deep breath. “Is that all you wanted, Mr. Chandler?”

Evan clenched his jaw--glaring into Michael’s eyes. He nodded. “I guess I’ll head back to the hotel then. Meeting one of my clients up there at the University. I’ll be back to get Jordie at 8.”

“Yup. He’ll be here.”

Evan grinned, turning back around toward the golf cart before briefly flinging his head back around.

“Just watch your back, Moonwalk.”

Michael narrowed his eyes at the man.

“Kidding!” Evan said, pointing his fingers like guns. His sinister smile was enough to creep John out.

Michael made a face of disgust as John got into the cart and drove the man back to the gate.]

John looked back up at June. “I’m sorry June, I just can’t. You have to go.”

June screamed at the top of her lungs, taking John by surprise. John pressed the 911 alert button under the desk.

“June, listen to me, you need to calm down.” John said, slowly.

“I need to see him John! Don’t do this to me!” June jumped out of the car and paced in front of the gate, shouting obscenities and punching the air.

This woman is crazy.

“June! Calm down or you’ll alert Mariah!”

“Does it look like I care? That woman never liked me! She was always jealous!” June raged.

John’s eyes widened. “I thought you said this wasn’t about sleeping with him?”

“It’s not!”

John raised an eyebrow. “Okay, well June, can you get back into your car? I can’t help you if you’re doing all this.”

June stormed back over to her car, but wouldn’t get in until John opened the gate.

Oh god.

Soon the sound of sirens filled the air. The police were close. John looked straight ahead, in the direction opposite where the sounds were coming from. He could see Michael’s car approaching.

“June, you have to leave. The police will be here soon.”

June narrowed her eyes. “You called the police on me?”

John, speechless, shrugged. “I had to do what I had to do.”

June screamed at him before getting into her car, slamming the door, and driving off--the wrong way.

Almost instantly, police pulled up to the gate of the compound. A few officers jumped out to question John.

Moments later, Michael pulled up and jumped out of the car.

“What happened here? Why are the police here?” Michael asked.

“Well, I had to call them.”

“On June? She wouldn’t hurt a fly.” Michael replied.

How did you know it was June?

“She’s not supposed to be here, though.”

Michael pulled John to the side, lowering his voice into a whisper. “Listen man, you can’t just call the police on her.” Michael instructed. “She’s my friend.”

“But sir, you said-”

“Forget what I said, I was mad back then.” Michael interjected.

“But even if you take it back, it’s a legal liability for her to-”

“John! Does it look like I care?” Michael asked, rhetorically. “June is very special, okay? She’s been through so much and you don’t understand her. You need to do what I tell you or that’s your ass.”

John nodded.

Michael continued. “In fact, I need you to find her. Get her back here. I need to see her.”

“You’re married.”

“And? What are you trying to insinuate? Because I can care about my wife and- You know what, just do what I told you before you lose your job.” Michael demanded.

John nodded, defeated.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

41.9K 2K 57
Sequel to 'Forced'. If you haven't read the first book, please do! This book won't make sense if you don't. ~ After building up a relationship with M...
75.7K 2.2K 16
Rose and Dimitri had accepted the fact that they would never have biological children. So when Rose comes home with some pretty shocking news, they'r...
5.5K 160 24
After being through 3 marriages with women quite shorter than him, Michael will finally experience what it's like to be in a relationship with a 5'9...
1.7K 88 9
Time has passed and the two have grown. One in a new state, the other building an entire empire. They both moved on with their lives, growing and mat...