Shapeshifter

xCourtofDreamersx

(Completed) Skyler (Skye for short) Everheart is a shifter with a secret that she didn't think she had inside... Еще

Publishing in Process!
Author's Note:
Copyright Law
Chapter: 1 Darkness, my old friend
Chapter: 2 The Typical High-School Life
Chapter: 3 Not all Meetings are Good.
Chapter: 4 Remembrance
Chapter: 5 Seeking Some Fun?
Chapter: 6 Teasing is The New Trend, Didn't you know?
Chapter: 7 Actions has Consequences
Chapter: 8 Here We Go Again
Chapter: 9 Revelation
Chapter: 10 Good News or Bad News?
Chapter: 11 Danger Lurks Around Every Corner
Chapter: 12 Light Vs. Darkness
Chapter: 13 The Aftermath
Chapter: 14 The Truth
Chapter: 15 Obstacles
Chapter: 16 Come Closer
Chapter: 17 A Romantic Place
Chapter: 18 Heated and Confusion All in One
Chapter: 19 Accidents Happened All The Time
Chapter: 20 Problems Are Normal, Right?
Chapter: 22 Hot Explanations
Chapter: 23 Be Confident in Your Own Skin
Chapter: 24 Stolen Moments
Chapter: 25 The Gathering Awaits
Chapter: 26 Peaceful Night Turned Into Terror and Light
Chapter: 27 The Warning
Chapter: 28 Dark Omens, Oh my!
Chapter: 29 The High Council Meeting
Chapter: 30 Complications
Chapter: 31 Acquiring A Meeting
Chapter: 32 The Revealed of The Warning
Chapter: 33 Not a Miracle Anymore, But Cursed
Chapter: 34 Doubting Much?
Chapter: 35 Strange Occurrences, huh?
Chapter: 36 Chaos Everywhere!
Chapter: 37 A Simple Moment
Chapter: 38 Ambitions and Learning
Chapter: 39 Trusting Isn't Not Easy by Any Means
Chapter: 40 World so Cold
Chapter: 41 Selling Your Soul To A Demon
Chapter: 42 Surprises Leads To Many Things
Chapter: 43 Reunited Once More
Chapter: 44 Becoming The Luna
Chapter: 45 Hoping is a Fun Night
Epilogue:

Chapter: 21 Uncertainty

5.1K 271 7
xCourtofDreamersx

Chapter: 21

Things weren't the same after that. 

I didn't leave my room for three days as the thought of killing Hayden had frightened me. I had learned soon enough that she was alive and well. She won't remember a thing. Thanks to Lila's Coven. It still didn't sit well with me at all. The fact that I had gotten so angry at her for her taunting and Noah's reactions or words didn't settle with me at all. It had set me off as it made me realize how close I was to hurt her more than I did. Something had snapped inside of me and I knew that it was my witch side waking up, but somehow, I knew it was there always.

Now, I knew exactly what had happened. The whispers and the screams that I had was from the ancestors that they know that I am alive. That I am the miracle child of both species. Things were going to get a lot complicated now and I wasn't looking forward to anything at all. I couldn't even muster up the course to go to school. Not even to face Lila, Irene, Ophelia, or Abigail. Even that freaking annoying girl Hayden at school. I didn't want to run into him either. It was why I had locked myself away in my room. Even though Lila tries to encourage me to go to school, but I told her to leave me alone. 

Not only that, but Ophelia had requested training. I wasn't up for that either. Both of us knew, that the more that I waited on it and something else happens or triggers it. It wasn't going to be good for me or that person either. It was a difficult thing to wrap my head around this, but I couldn't face either one right now. All of it was too soon and it was quite frustrating as well. I lay there in my bed as I process everything that I had learned. That this wasn't going to end pretty for anyone. It wasn't like we need more problems.

There were knocks on the door, knowing that it was either Irene or Lila. Not wanting to face them or talk to them, I ended up ignoring them. The thing that put me on edge was that Lila wasn't angry with me at all. It made me wonder why, but I didn't want to talk about it nor did I want to see anyone right now. All I could think about was wanting my parents, knowing that deep raw emotion was waiting for me to succumb to it. Knowing that my parents are dead and aren't going to come back. Not ever. 

I didn't know what to think much less process all of this information. My stomach growled and cramp up as I didn't eat at all. I would say I ate like a bird now, but I don't touch one single thing as I was a complete wreck with the terrible guilt eating away inside of me. Irene was annoyed by it, but Lila and Abigail were concern which was normal for them. Even for Irene too and her damn attitude. Should it even matter? Should anything matter since my entire existence was going to fade from the world because of this curse? How was I going to defeat this?

How was I going to survive the curse of my ancestors? 

I don't know, but it was irritating. There was a knock on my door and I glance over at it. Half-expecting Lila to come waltzing in, but as I stare at the door. It didn't open at all. Confusion washes over me as I slowly sat up in bed. Seeing that there was a white folded-up piece of paper there. Slowly, I got off of the bed. My instincts in overdrive and ready to tear whoever had entered my house without permission. I stepped forward cautiously while my eyes flicker between the door and the white folded-up piece of paper that was laying on the ground. The door didn't open at all, but there was the sound of retreating footsteps. Two of them. I thought Lila and the sister witches went out of the house, but it seems that I might have been wrong. I reach down to pick up the folded-up piece of paper. Quickly unfolding it and reading the contents that were on the piece of paper.

It says:

We had only met briefly, but I would like to talk to you about my brother and something else that might interest you. If you're interested in meeting up with me, let's do it in the more fashionable sense. Let's say the coffee shop in the middle of the town. You do know where that is, right? I really do hope you know where it is because I will feel absolutely foolish sitting there. Anyway, I'll be waiting for you. If you don't show up by 6 o'clock tonight, then I guess I wasted my breath, huh? 

See you soon. 

P.S I hate waiting. So, do hurry up, please.

-Lea

She even underlined the last sentence as well. A faint chuckle escapes from my lips. Color me surprise as I did a double read on it. Lea. So, that's what her name was. Noah's sister. I remember her quite vividly from when she had spotted Noah and me in the clearing that day. Well, she was coming to fetch her brother anyway, but I only happened to be there with him. Noah. It has been three long days since I had seen him last. It didn't matter anyway at all.

My heart aches for that man and my stomach did a painful twist as well. This didn't make any sense at these strange sensations that have been running through me. All of this was confusing and even knowing what I am is even more complicated as well, but I had better respond to her since she hates waiting and the fact that she had reached out to me by doing the old-fashion way. A piece of paper. Somehow, I like it better than the cellphone system. My eyes glance at the clock on the nightstand. Seeing that it was almost two in the afternoon. It seems that she will wait a long time if I don't come.

Not taking the chance for her to be mad at me, I decided to go ahead and meet her there. It was better than staying in my room all day again. Maybe, she'll tell me how Noah is doing, but why should I care? He didn't seem fazed by anything that had gone down. It was utter crap. I will not bother to think about that at all. Not right now. With a deep frustrating sigh, I brush my hair out to look halfway decent even though I was pretty sure that it didn't matter at all. I was in decent clothing right now. With one final look over, I headed out of my room and down the stairs for the first time in three days.

*(*

No one was home either way as I made it into town by using my shifting abilities. My eyes scanned the little restaurants that were here and surprising that this town made any money at all. Much less support it's inhabitants here. The next town over was a little bit bigger than this one, but the other one could be actually called a city with how large it is. I walk down the sidewalk looking around for the cafe that I have passed by all the time with Abigail and Irene. Rarely, Irene joins us every now and then. No need to think on that one any further than right now. 

My eyes scanned the buildings right now as I was in the square where everyone came to mingle whether they were elderly or young. After taking a double look, I managed to find the place where we were supposed to meet. As I stood there and debated whether it would be worth it. Several chills went down my spine as I took in my surroundings. It felt like someone was watching me, but finding no one at all. Not even figuring out why I had the sudden chills for. It was confusing as it didn't make sense at all. It scared me a little bit, but I only brush it off before moving to the meeting place. 

As I cross the sidewalk and down to the front door, I open the door and enter the cafe. Casting one glance over my shoulder and I swore I saw someone with platinum hair staring at me with their hands in their pockets. Dress sharply for a man and as people walk past him. He was gone from my sight. I was puzzled and thought for a moment that it was my imagination. As I turn around to look into the cafe and scanned the tables and the booths, a familiar woman with a heart-shaped face wave me over. I realized that it was Lea, Noah's sister. I walk over to her slowly and stop at her table, "Why did you insist that I meet you all of a sudden?"

Lea smirk at me, "Fiesty, aren't we? You didn't even say hello." 

That irks me as I narrow my eyes at the woman as she added, "You don't look so well. I can see the mate bond is affecting you too." 

Confusion wash over me and she must have seen it as she seems surprised, "Didn't Noah tell you?"

"Tell me what?" I asked her.

Now, she was really flabbergasted by this and gesture for me to take a seat across from her. So, I did. I took a seat and waited for her to answer me. What did she mean by this so-called mate bond? It didn't make any sense at all. It totally confused me in every way that was possible. She answered in a quiet voice, "I don't know if I should be the one telling you as this was not my intention to do so and my brother will literally murder me if I say anything about it to you."

"Then why did you even bother to bring it up?" I snapped at her as I grew frustrated which surprised me as I didn't realize how snappy I had become. It truly was different from what I would usually do or even say. Maybe, it was because I didn't have a lot of patience today. 

She raises her hands up while speaking, "I'll tell you a different time then."

Now, I wanna know why she said that. It was going to bother me until she tells me what she meant by that. I was affected by something that doesn't seem real or even possible, but here she was telling me of some kind of bond that I don't understand at all. "Anyway, I brought you down here on behalf of my brother, but also because I learn that you have a secret of your own."

A smirk curled her lips upward while I spoke, "That's none of your business." 

"It certainly is when my brother is involved." She pointed at me as I only glare at her as she continued, "My brother has been moping around the house and cursing underneath his breath. I swear if he doesn't stop pacing. He is going to run a hole through the floor. Now, the only thing that I could think of that would bother my brother like this. Then it came to me. You. After that, I made him tell me what was bothering and he told me what had happened with you and that girl Hayden."

Was he that worried or beating himself up? 

I asked her, "So, why are you telling me this then?" 

"Are you that dense?" She asked me with a huff.

I folded my arms across my chest, "He didn't seem to faze by anything much less letting that girl touch him." A sharp growled escape from my lips as I shook my head.

"He made a stupid comment and it is true what he said about wolves being jealous. It is worst when it's the Alphas and Luna's. You are affected by this as much as he is." She snapped back at me with a small growl emitting from her throat. "My father had to take him out to the back in order to straighten him up, but our mother decided to take over."

That sounded painful and she seems to notice my expression as she spoke, "Not like that. It's more of a sparring match. Getting the anger out and the frustrations as well."

I nodded to her in understanding while she added, "We have been under a lot of stressed lately and you would know why that is."

It wasn't something unfamiliar to me as I have been the sole target of that monster and now, this had to happen. I asked her, "So, why did you come out here?"

"To have you come out to a gathering, my brother will pick you up at 7 o'clock sharp. The sister witches can't come because they are witches. This gathering is strictly for wolves all around the wolves to gather and have fun." She gave a confident smirk while waiting for me to say something. 

She was prepared for this conversation between us and I wasn't at all. She had me pinned in a corner and I didn't like that very much, but I asked her, "What is this gathering about?"

"It's our Soltise gathering. We do this every five years, but we just called it that." She shrugged her shoulders as it didn't mean anything. "It's where wolves show off their mates and buttheads against the other leaders. It's quite entertaining to see how far the men's egos will go. We have some wolf members come from across the sea." Lea smile excitedly.

I rose an eyebrow up at her and shook my head, "No, it's too much exposure and I can't go."

"Why not?" She protested even though there was confusion on her eyes.

"I have other things to worried about than your gathering," I grumble even though I felt this longing building up inside of me and the thought of seeing Noah again. It made my heart twinge in anticipation. Even though I was supposed to stay mad at him, but it's turning into a sappy love song. I want to go, but I already went to one party and got our butts in trouble for what had happened that night.

"Just think about it." She lay another folded piece of paper on the table and slide it over to me, "This is my number. If you change your mind just let me know and I'll have Noah pick you up." 

I stare at it as she leans down, "You feel it, don't you? That's what the mate bond feels like when you are connected to another person. I'll let you figure that last part out. If you are smart enough to do it." 

She left me sitting there as I glance over my shoulder to see her exit outside. Realizing that she was wearing blue jeans and a long-sleeve white shirt. She had black knee-high boots as she disappeared into the square. I sat there for a while grabbing the piece of paper and staring at it and trying to process her words. I only shook my head as I didn't know what she was talking about. Slowly, I got up from where I was sitting and exit the coffee shop. As soon as I did, the familiar chills swept down my spine again. It wasn't a good sign either.

I kept my chin up and march my way out of town. Heading back to my place even though whoever was watching. I wasn't going to be afraid of them.

Comment, Vote!

Let me know what you guys think?!

Thank you! :D

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

15.4K 1K 27
(Sequel to Shapeshifter: A Shifter Novel) Skyler Everheart had discovered that she is a cursed child and not a miracle baby like they had all though...
Saving Kai[COMPLETED][Rewriting] DessyyR12

Подростковая литература

169K 5.6K 25
I sat on her bed as she stripped herself of her clothes in front of me. She was a tease and didn't even know it. I licked my lips hungrily, wanting t...
My 'Rogue' Mate Penisha

Про оборотней

12.9K 356 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
Curse of the Wolves Author Jane Doe

Про оборотней

105 7 5
Blakely Yarrow has never been your ordinary werewolf. With a family curse hanging over her head, a wolf that refuses to listen to her commands, and a...