Futuristic Reality | Rookie!L...

By FabulousCakeMaster

Modern!AOT au 。。。。 《A lone rose among the thorns》 。。。。 Her alias was Rose due to her beauty and grace. But ev... More

Information
Intro. Lies
2. Hope
3. Opportunities
4. Cooperation
5. Stubbornness
6. Effect
7. Motherly
8. Never-ending
10. Thanks
11. Pasts
12. Sync
13. Injured
14. Bite
15. Reveal
16. Blush
17. Forget
18. Love
19. Squad
20. Breached
21. Join
22. Snap
23. Race
24. Episode
25. Birthday
26. Dead
27. Medication
28. Annie
29. Warmth
30. Questions
31. Truth
32. Cold
33. Dread
34. Inquiries
35. Recklessness
36. Assurance
37. Sorry
38. Changes
39. Location
40. Found
41. Push
42. Monster
Fin. Flower

9. Like

9.3K 335 425
By FabulousCakeMaster

My baggy eyes snap towards the luminescent screen in the dark room. It lit up half of the room like a star that shines brightly. With little effort, I slowly picked up the phone and winced as the light shone in my eyes. I lower the brightness and sighed when I found out it was another email from Erwin. I looked at the time that read 3 am and got slightly aggravated that he would email me this early. We had gotten back from the mission about 5 hours ago. Levi and Eren turned in for the night when we got back. Turned out that Eren would be living with us in the only spare bedroom I had left.

I reluctantly opened it with a swipe and groaned when my assumptions were correct. It was a mission. But a group mission. I read the first couple of lines before turning my phone off and getting up. I went downstairs for a cup of tea when I saw Levi with a potful of it. I walked in and grabbed a mug then proceeded to fill it up with tea. I turned to look at Levi who stared at me from the corner of his eye. 

"Insomnia?" He asked. I nodded but didn't say anything else. He got the message and continued to sip his tea quietly. He still held it in an odd way that I wasn't able to do but I paid no mind to it. He was just being Levi. In a soft voice, I spoke to Levi.

"We have another group mission. It pi(eces) me off how Erwin just dumps all the work on us. It hasn't been a full day and yet he's already giving us something to do." Levi just listened to my quiet rant about the man. He seemed to agree with me when he sighed after hearing about another mission.

"When Eren wakes up, I'll show you guys the mission. I have to contact the others later." I said to Levi. He nodded and poured another cup of tea into his mug. I felt as if I had enough so I put my mug into the sink and rinsed it lightly. I mumbled a quiet thanks as I passed Levi. But before I could walk out the kitchen I felt Levi hold my shoulder back. I turned towards him and for some reason, my breathing hitched as I saw how close he was to me. He was two inches away from my face, so close I could smell his lemon scent and minty tea breath. 

"What am I to you?" Levi asked suddenly, his voice husky and low. I bit my lip, his question made me think. 'What is he to me? A partner? An acquaintance? A...friend? Why am I thinking so hard about this?'

"To be honest, I don't know Levi. One minute you make me want to murder you and the next I want to...care...for you. You confuse me, Levi." I told him. It was the truth, he made me feel emotions I thought I lost long ago. I could describe it in one word, it was at the tip of my tongue. But I couldn't say it. I couldn't remember it. A feeling that I longed to feel for so long. What was it?

His stormy gray eyes stared into my (e/c) eyes until he let me go. He walked to the sink to wash the mugs but I stood there for a minute, staring at him. What was that little stunt? Why would he ask me that in the first place? Shaking my head, I walked upstairs. Shutting the door quietly behind me, I flopped onto the fluffy bed that could make anyone fall asleep. But with nightmares plaguing me and preventing me from slumber, I stayed up. My thoughts racing throughout my head that gave me a headache. 

Soon, it was a peaceful Sunday morning. I hadn't realized it until I heard the chirping of multiple birds on the tree close to my window. I sat up and stretched to open the window. I was greeted with the cool morning air and smell of coffee and pastries from across the street. I decided to get a head-start on my morning so I got ready. I showered and cleaned myself up, noticing that Levi and Eren's doors were still closed. I slipped on a black, thin long sleeve with the Survey Corps jacket. I put on dark red skinny jeans and black combat boots. When I stepped outside my bedroom, I heard someone in the bathroom and a groggy voice getting up. I decided to get breakfast from the bakery across the street before we went to Headquarters. I slipped my phone into my back pocket and grabbed my keys before walking down the street.

I ordered (favorite coffee/tea), black lemon tea, and mocha coffee as well as freshly baked blueberry and chocolate chip muffins. As I waited I decided to check out the email Erwin sent me this morning.

----

Good morning (Y/n), Levi, and Eren. Good job on your success with your previous mission. Unfortunately, we will have to assign you to another mission. This is a group mission, including you three and the new recruits. No need to worry about them, they are now trained and qualified for the field. We believe we have found the founder of the Titans. We require you to spy on the suspect and infiltrate the facility. Uncover what their weapons are and how many people are operating under the Titan group. It will grant us a better visual on the terrorist. We are unaware of what they are capable of so be cautious. You will be deployed this Wednesday. I implore you to speak with the others of your group and devise a plan. Levi is in 2nd command. (Y/n), you will be the leader of this mission. 

That implies that all the lives of those people are in your hands, (Y/n). Be wise and wary in your decisions and do everything you can. I have confidence in you recruits, don't let me down.

-Erwin Smith
Administrator of the Survey Corps

----

To say I was shocked was an understatement. For once, I felt fear creep up behind me. When I grabbed my order, I ran all the way home. Barging in through the house, I set the breakfast down on the island counter in the middle of the kitchen. Eren and Levi walked down, hearing me come in. I hid my fear like a mask but that didn't help to stop the chills running down my spine. 

"Morning. Here's our group mission." I informed Levi and Eren. They nodded and read it. I took out my drink and muffin and munched on it. I felt the sense of doubt growing inside me. What if I wasn't able to keep them safe? What if our plan failed? What if they died? What if I couldn't do anything about it? What if I lost Levi...? For some reason, the last thought made me frightened. Frightened to lose Levi. I didn't understand why though.

The guys finished reading and went to eat their breakfast. I decided to review the news on my phone. I scrolled down my phone that they gave back after reading. Then an article caught my eye.

'ALOIS TRANCY FOUND WITH DRUGS'

I shrugged and tapped onto it to read a little more about it.

'Alois Trancy was found with drugs last night at a local club. These drugs were the Biters that should have been destroyed at an auction leaked out by others. Unfortunately, the Nobel died from overuse. How he got this rare drug? What were these drugs? Find out on this link ->

https://www.sjsksalsdk.com/biters/6281242'

My eyes narrowed at the article. Were the biters still around? How? I thought we - Levi - destroyed the source? I decided to think about it later, seeing that we have a bigger thought on our hands.

The Titans.

Timeskip to mission

"Connie! We're really doing this!" One of the girls - Sasha, I think - whispered not so quietly to the boy. Connie shushed her, feeling the serious atmosphere. My breaths came out in quiet, hasty puffs as I peeked around the corner. '3 guards, heavily armed and seemed to be trained well.' I took note. 

'Two on the floor and one on the railings. Oh, one more entered through the left. Seems like our entrance to the other side.' I signed to the others what I saw and took in a deep breath. When the guards weren't watching, I rolled to the other side and pushed up against the metal boxes. We were in a warehouse, one out of five. Our plan was to get in silently and take notes of what we noticed. Then, assassinating the leader to end their tyranny. I had a feeling that our mission wouldn't turn out as we expected. 

One by one, the recruits rolled to different parts and looked around to take in their surroundings. We decided to not take action on enemies until needed. If we must, it would be harsh and quiet. We advanced to the fourth warehouse, finding that the Titans had multiple illegal weapons. Stuff that we have or couldn't have. They somehow got ahold of 3DMGs as well. We couldn't do anything about it since there were a lot around that area. 

The fourth warehouse was deathly quiet. No footsteps or whistling of the guards. No clinking of guns or voices. Just when everything couldn't be more on edge, I had a vision. I could feel my eyes turn a pale blue and everything stopping as if time waited just for me. With a gasp, I looked back at the group.

"GET DOWN!" I yelled, taking cover behind a cinder block. Everyone followed and took cover and just as I expected, a buff man popped up from a metal box, machine gun in hand. He instantly started to shoot, laughing like a maniac. He wore a mask, like the man who kidnapped Eren just months before.

I took out my rifle, getting up when he had to reload, and took aim. I fired and fired. The gun pushing back into my body as it shot. The others followed and started to shoot oncoming Titans. They were coming in from all places, surrounding us. Trepidation filled me when I saw the man finish reloading. He proceeded to shoot, somehow getting some of his allies but not us. I shot from the side of the cinderblock and glanced at Levi who was beside me. I nodded and he aimed for the man with his shotgun. 

Bam

He collapsed to the floor.

Levi sighed in relief after he dealt with the man and proceeded to shot the others. He had amazing accuracy and aim. He took down 5 tangos while the others helped. Just when it couldn't get any worse, I had another vision. Two in one day, it hasn't even been an hour yet. Time stopped once again as my eyes faded into the pale blue. Once it was over, I worked quickly. 

"ARMIN!" I yelled as a blonde girl with a fox mask came from behind us and aimed at Armin. I ran towards him and tried pushed him out of the way. But she had already shot and he fell to the ground. Face down, not moving. I kneeled at his side, hearing the gunshots ring in my ear. I shook him.

"Armin?!" I called out. He looked up, fatigue and tears in his eyes, and croaked out. "It hurts." His electric blue eyes showed fear as blood poured out from the gunshot wound on his shoulder. Although I had been known to be cold, heartless, even ruthless, I said words no one would expect of me before I could even think about it. 

"RETREAT BACK! I REPEAT, RETREAT!" I yelled in a clear voice. Everyone nodded and covered me as I lifted Armin up and carried him on my back. Everyone ran back, still shooting at the enemy that didn't stop coming in. As I looked up after situating Armin on my back, Levi gave me a look and then ran. I couldn't think much about it at the moment, so I ran towards the entrance. Looking at my team that came out barely alive. Most were grazed by bullets, thanks to their training. Only Armin had been fatally wounded. I didn't know why I retreated instantly when Armin got injured. Possibly because he was the one who thought of our plan, being the brains of this team.

Team.

I haven't used that word in awhile...

I sighed as we ran out of the private facility and set Armin in the backseat of our car. Levi got in the driver's seat and Eren in the passenger seat. I sat in the back, wincing at the loud plonks of bullets hitting our car. Luckily, our car was bulletproof and it wasn't my car. I quickly got the first-aid out from under the seat, hearing Armin breath heavily. I looked at him to see he passed out due to the pain, perhaps he had never felt the pain of the bullet. I treated his wound, thankful that the bullet went through and not lodge into his flesh. I cleaned the wound, stitched it up as best as I can in a moving car, and bandaged it. I looked up out the window, my shoulders slouched in shame. The other cars were right behind us but seeing the Titans not in flames disappointed me.

 We failed this mission. Because I was afraid. Because I didn't have courage. Because I was gaining feelings back. I was caring for this team, for no reason. 

I had just met them. Despite the mission being a failure, I was glad that we all made it out alive. Their personalities that seemed to mash against each other, matched up. They put something in my life. That something made me come to like these people.

That's the word.

Like.

-----

A/n: Sup! It has been awhile huh? I apologize for not updating sooner, my life is a big mess right now :P

I won't bore you with excuses and just let you get angry with me for not updating. It's my fault. But an update is better than nothing, correct? 

(y/n) is starting to realize and gain her emotions back! This mission proves that as well as the encounter with Levi in the kitchen. She seems to be confused as to why because she thought she lost them. 

What was Levi thinking? Asking a bold question so suddenly. Perhaps he is starting to realize something...Oh well! Looks like you're just going to have to predict what will happen next.

The Biters are back. But how? Just know that these Biters that you thought weren't so important play something bigger in this book. Like they say, "It's the little things that matter most."

I'm proud of this chapter despite the long wait. It took me longer than expected but most of my chapters in this book are longer than I expected. The first real group mission with the AOT group! The link doesn't actually work so don't try it. In the next chapter will be more character development with the group. 

That's all I have to say. So I'm going to watch some Korean Dramas before this long weekend ends. 

Hope you enjoyed!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Published: November 26, 2016
Edited ✔️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79 7 7
An assassin with an unknown past and her closest friend get taken into the survey corps. She is fierce, brave, smart, selfless, honest and stoic. She...
1.9M 70.2K 45
You grew up with Humanity's Strongest, Levi "Rivaille" Ackerman, but are you truly friends or do you just put up with each other now that the world i...
923K 26.2K 137
18+ "I'm in love with you and that scares me to death." Levi Ackerman was perfectly content on disliking you, finding himself...
150K 5.6K 89
[Under editing] My name is (R/n). A simple girl and an avid fan of Flugel der Freiheit / No Name. I used to live with my family. Until I decided to l...