HER ONE AND ONLY

By RhondaLaVyrleJane20

Alexander Hunter,30 First class criminal. Had been jailed for 3 years on account of murder, a name which ever... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
HELP NEEDED
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 41

19.7K 721 95
By RhondaLaVyrleJane20

“Will you accompany me to the church?” Rose asked, looking at Jade as the young maid cleaned the table with her bandaged hands. She immediately looked up at and remembered the way she spoke to her that morning and instantly felt bad about what she had done. She felt horrible about her deeds, but somewhere deep down, her mind supported her actions. All she wanted now was to be far away from Rose because she did not have the courage to be with her alone and watch things take an awkward turn between them. So, she tried to escape.

 “I have work. I don’t think I can….” She countered back but was abruptly stopped by Rose.

“I have spoken to Martha. She will take care of the work until you get back.” Rose spoke with a tone of finality and Jade was slightly taken aback by this because she had never heard her speak this way to any of the other maids in the house. The urge to not go with her increased now, but at the same time she was scared that she would lose this job due to her personal interests and she would sure as hell get beaten up if she returned home after losing this opportunity.

“Okay.” She reluctantly agreed, and clutched onto the wet cloth in her hand.

Rose observed this hesitance and fear. Yes, she was hurt by what she spoke that morning, but at the same time she was ready to forgive her. Somewhere, Rose felt that Jade’s words were right even though she did not have the authority to speak to her that way. Rose could feel the changes in Jade; a lot indeed, but she remained quiet and just observed her. She was not the carefree person she was when she started working, something had changed, and Rose could easily find her pain because she herself had to travel down that rough road all those years back.

“You don’t have to be scared. We are still friends and I am not going to judge you by the words that left your mouth today morning. I understand that you were facing a few problems and did not like me questioning you about them. I completely understand.” She said, and watched Jade as she observed her body relax slowly.

“Go change your clothes Jade. I will be waiting down.” She said and smiled at her before she turned and walked away.

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Beautiful place, isn’t it?” she said with a smile, as she entered the church and walked down the aisle with Jade by her side.

When she did not get a reply, she turned towards Jade only to find her stiff and uncomfortable. Rose knitted her eyebrows in confusion and turned her head back without asking her anything. Even after assuring her that everything was alright between them, she remained uncomfortable around Rose. Something is wrong. I have to help her out. 

“Let’s sit here?” Rose asked once again as she pointed out the bench that she wanted to sit on.

“Okay.” Jade replied, and followed Rose to the left row of benches and they sat on the same seat where Rose sat the last time she visited the holy shrine.

“Do you visit this place often?” Jade spoke out for the first time as they both sat next to each other observing the divine statue of Jesus in front of them.

“I used to when I lived here. I just stayed a few minutes away from here.” She spoke softly and felt the old memories rush in front of her eyes. “I haven’t come here since I moved in with Alex.”She said, and immediately turned her head towards Jade to wipe away the horrid past that she encountered with Brian.

“Oh okay, now that I’m here, I will accompany you whenever you want to visit the church and I’m sorry about today morning. I was in a mess and did not want to talk to anyone.”

Rose kept her palm on Jade’s hand and said, “I understand.”

“But you should know that I’m here for you Jade. You can trust me, yeah?”She said, eager to watch her open up her problems. But Jade was not ready for that just yet.

“I know Rose.” She said, and pulled her hand away from underneath her palm and folded her hands on her chest. Rose pulled her hand back and laid them on her lap not knowing what to say. After a few minutes of silence, Rose spoke again.

“When I was your age, I had a million problems running in and around me, I was left all alone to look after myself and never had anyone to speak or share my feelings with. Each day that I spent without Alex and my family were pure nightmare for me, and each day got harder to survive than the previous day.” she said and took a deep breath, observing the statue of the saviour. “and hence, I know how important it is for one to speak out about the things that are troubling them. I am here for you Jade, I will tell this again and again. I want to help you.” She said, and looked expectantly towards Jade who just looked at the statue. When Rose did not get any reply, she straightened herself and sighed.

“Are you scared of Mr. Alexander?” she asked, in a soft voice.

Rose immediately turned towards her and knitted her eyes at this question. “if I was scared, I wouldn’t be living with that man.” She turned her head away and continued. “I was scared of him, but not now. At present, I’m scared for him."

"I don’t see a proper reason for you to stay with someone who can attract a lot of danger towards you. Please don’t take this in any other way. I’m just concerned about you.” She spoke, without actually understanding the depth of Roseanne’s words. Rose did not reply to her statement, and just sat there, feeling a dangerous rage build up inside her.

 “Rose, if I were you, I would never live with a mafia don. He is a cold blooded murderer and there are people who would be rooting for your life too. Why do you want to live with him?” she asked, as she turned towards Rose and directly looked at her.

“you are right in a way Jade. But you wouldn’t know why I’m doing all this, until you get to face love.”Rose smiled and looked towards her left to find Jade looking at her seriously.

“I have been asked the same question multiple times by my mind. But every time, I emerge from that dig with only one answer; and that is love. My love for him is stronger than any other destructive thoughts and words.” She paused, indicating that those words were meant for her. “and that is the only thing I am ready to fight for. I can fight for him. It’s not a love that was built for a year or two, Jade. He’s been in my heart since memory begins. That’s the bond built in a childhood love; It never vanishes.”

“I think you should go with someone who loves you and can keep you safe. Being safe is more important than love. You can love anyone.” She retaliated. Rose kept quiet again.

She chuckled and turned her head to look at the Lord. “You would never understand. One can find safety only in love.”

“He’s not any normal love Jade. He’s my first love, a kind of love whose spark never fades, a kind of love that pulls me closer even in his absence, a kind of love that one can never let go of...” a kind of love that I can fight for. I can fight for him.

As soon as these words struck her mid, her eyes light up with some kind of realisation and she smiled with happiness.

“I don’t know Rose, please don’t...”

“Are you trying to separate us, Jade, because your words clearly indicate that.” She pulled her eyebrows together and looked at her with contempt in her eyes

“No... No Rose, I was just trying to protect you…”

“Stop it. not a word against him” she said and held her hand to her indicating her to stop speaking further.

“Don’t forget that he is your employer.” She said firmly, and got up.

“Let’s get back home.”  I have got my answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose entered the house with Jade walking slowly behind her and the tense atmosphere between them increased. But this time Rose did not care. She would not tolerate anyone speaking against Alexander.

 “So you are Roseanne Hart.” Called out, an aged, yet a strong, manly voice that exuded power.

Rose lifted her head and met an aged man who sat on the sofa, with an opened laptop on his lap. He was dressed in an expensive crisp black suit and even though he was aged with his hair almost completely greyed, he looked like a man who dominated the masses, a man to be feared of, and a man who was even scarier than Alexander.

A chill ran down her spine and she immediately froze when his eyes remained fixed to hers, but she spoke up not wanting to make a fool out of herself.

“Um...I don’t think Alexander is back yet. He usually returns back at...”

“Oh I know that dear.” He said, and smiled. This sudden change of attitude and facial expression confused her and she just stood there, staring at the confusing and dangerous man. Rose caught his eyes slowly moving to Jade who now stood to her right. As soon as Jade caught his eye movement, she immediately informed Rose that she would go and take some rest and left the hall without any further answers or questions, leaving Rose and the old man all alone.

“Come here Roseanne.” He said, and patted onto the hand rest of the couch that was right next to him.

Rose was hesitant at first. She felt uneasy to be in the company of this unknown old man. But she wouldn’t show it out. She wouldn’t let anyone know her inner fears. Not again and never again. She took a deep breath and walked towards the couch and sat down on it.

“Vladimir.” He said and brought up his hand to shake it with hers. Rose shook his hand in return and smiled at him.

“I don’t remember seeing you anytime before, so how do you know me?” she asked observing the wrinkles that were forming near his eyes when he smiled.

“We haven’t met before, si.” He said, and turned his face towards the laptop screen and smiled. “And you surely don’t need to meet the devils hidden behind these expensive suits. But luckily, you are more than acquainted with one.” He remarked sarcastically and chuckled, turning back to her. He somehow knew that Rose was uncomfortable talking to him, but the lady expertly covered up her fears. A trait that was very important for a lady to master when she dealt with the mafia and he already liked this young woman. Kind, beautiful and strong. Alexander has gotten himself a nice one

“I know you through Alexander. Used to speak a damn lot about you every time.” He said, and smirked as he turned back to his laptop.

“He used to work for me. Trained him, gave food shelter and clothes when I took him under my wing and he is the best I’ve seen till this day. He excels in whatever he does and there is this unusual fire that always burns inside him. He was like a son that I never had. Unfortunately, nothing is the same anymore.” Rose sat there listening to a very rare bit of Alexander’s past that she got t hear from the old man.

After a few minutes of talking, Vladimir closed his laptop and turned slightly on his chair towards Rose. Rose now felt a little at ease talking to this man, but still she never let her guards down.

 “I heard that Lilly came by and put some nasty shit in front of you. I sincerely apologise for what my daughter has done. She can be a handful at times...” before he could complete, Rose interrupted him.

“So she is your daughter.” She stated with anger shooting up inside her. No one dared to stop Vladimir while he was speaking, but Rose did not care about anything. That devil had created havoc in their lives and she would not spare that witch and anyone related to her.

“Calm down, Roseanne.” Vladimir spoke, calmly, sensing the rage in her eyes.

“Your daughter created a disaster in our lives and she does not have an ounce of shame in her for talking about Alexander in front of me like that, and you are asking me to be calm?” she said, her voice slowly rising.

“She did not know that you were Roseanne Hart.” He spoke. “She always knew that Alexander had feelings for another woman, but she did not know that it was you.”

“She is hell bent upon getting Alexander, isn’t she?” she asked, glaring daggers at the old man.

“You don’t know my Lily. She can be a handful at times, but she is not how you have pictured her to be.”

__________________________________

Hello loves.:)
Another update. I'm happy that I could post another chapter for you all. Thank you for all your love and support.

Please let me know how the chapter went.

Vote comment and enjoy.

Until the next update,
RLJ.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209 0 36
It was an impossible choice between a man chosen for her or a handsome stranger's solution - a temporary contractual marriage. Her choice left her f...
166K 5.5K 29
After escaping an abusive past, Rose wants nothing more than to stay away from trouble. But when trouble comes crashing into her life in the form of...
4.5K 27 29
This book will contain strong sexual themes, mature language, violence, and will move fast. I feel his hands go to my waist twisting me to face him...
101 0 8
[ON HOLD] Amelia Claire, an independent soul, left her parent's home in Florida for New York, driven by the singular goal of securing a well-paying j...