The Classmate Series(BOOK I):...

By Epiphany2502

Highest Ranking: #12 in ChickLit (27th December'16) *** Leah Hastings has an epiphany when she sees... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Make her watch porn but she will still sit with a serious face.
Chapter Two: He can go fuck a cactus, for all I care.
Chapter Three: After all these years I still love him.
Chapter Four: The higher the heels, the happier you are.
Chapter Five: He had always been a chivalrous man to me.
Chapter Six: Thanks for offering a seat in my own cabin, cunt.
Chapter Seven: I might as well resign now.
Chapter Eight: A story is like the Titan Atlas.
Chapter Nine: Was he asking for a threesome with me and Matt?
Chapter Ten: I feel weak
Chapter Eleven: Ex-Girlfriend#1, Ex-Girlfriend#2 & Enemy#1
Chapter Twelve: I had to deal with a gigantic coconut and a stupid tree.
Chapter Thirteen: Sebastian's position will be in question.
Chapter Fourteen: What is bound to happen; will happen.
Chapter Fifteen: I should have auditioned for Alison DiLaurentis.
Chapter Sixteen: Sebastian was my first love.
Chapter Seventeen: I will google 'how to win your love back'.
Chapter Eighteen: Your time starts now.
Chapter Twenty: Karma is a girl - she likes Sebastian.
Chapter Twenty-One: From Ivory
Chapter Twenty-One Part II
#1
Chapter Twenty-Two: I was checking out my boss in front of my ex-boss.
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Undigested Caesar's Salad.
Book II
Another Series

Chapter Nineteen: You are my one true love, Beth Rogers.

2.3K 94 12
By Epiphany2502

c h a p t e r n i n e t e e n 

y o u a r e m y o n e t r u e l o v e b e t h r o g e r s 

***

Contrary to what I thought would be an uncomfortable and sleepless night, I actually slept quite soundly. My usually over-thinking brain was exhausted last night and went numb, letting me drift off to a wonderful sweet sleep. And here I was, sat on the platform of my kitchen eating an apple, watching Pretty Little Liars instead of checking all the appointments of Sebastian Parker.

Someone knocked on the door thrice. I knew it was Beth, that idiot hadn't quite grasped the concept of doorbells. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

'Morning, what a lovely day,' Beth said in a singsong voice, 'I got us donuts!'

'You are my one true love, Beth Rogers.' I said, grinning ear to ear, moving aside to let her inside. Her kitten heels clunked on my marble floor as she made her way towards my kitchen platform.

After I finished eating my first chocolate crème donut, I asked Beth, the one question that had been bothering me since the last evening. Not exactly bothering me, like why the hell would it bother me? No reason. I was merely curious.

Yep, just curious...

'So...how did Sebastian ask you out on a date?' I asked, taking a huge bite from the blueberry donut. She took a bite from her caramel donut as well, before answering – not to mention the wide smile and blush that had crept on her face.

'He didn't. I did. And he said yes.'

I rolled my eyes before saying, 'Have you ever heard about this word called details, woman?'

'Oh no, it was quite normal actually. I was in his office when your father came in, with Ivory. He invited me, much to Ivory's dismay, and Sebastian, much to Ivory's happiness, to his wedding anniversary party. And after they left, I asked him whether we could go together, and he said yes. So yeah! After I came to our cabin and told you of the date, I was going to tell you that your father has come too. But your father entered at the same time. So I had to leave.'

I gave a slow nod to her. I didn't know what to reply, so I just settled with, 'Okay.'

'What happened with your father? I came here today to ask you about last night.'

'Nothing, he just came over to invite me as well. And then he left.' I said. I was quite good at hiding things like these, thank god for that talent.

If I hide something, it stays hid; until I want it found. Alison DiLaurentis spoke on the screen of my plasma tv.

Talk about timing.

'So are you taking someone to the party?' Beth asked, taking her third donut. I never opened the invitation to know that there was a couple entry.

It took me about five seconds to answer, 'Yeah. Aaron.'

You know the time when your brain just freezes, like water turning to ice, and you say the first irrational thing that comes to your tongue without thinking about it? I think I just had that same brain freeze.

Beth looked like she'd swallowed a cockroach, 'Aaron...O'Connell?'

'Yes.' Don't tell me they had a history too. 'Is there something?'

'Nope,' Beth chirped, making it sound unusual. 'I was just surprised that you are going out with him.'

'I am going as friends with him, not as a date or something.' I replied, suddenly getting interested in the chocolate donut right in front of me.

Beth nodded. 'I thought you were going to go as a single entry. Getting a date wasn't mandatory so I just assumed.'

GREAT, JUST GREAT

I just wished I had taken a look at the invitation.

Keeping a straight face, I replied, 'Oh you know, I just thought I could take Aaron. So, should we leave for office? I think we wouldn't want Mr. Parker to miss you.'

After saying goodbye to my husky Dean, who ignored Beth when she waved at him, we left for the office.

-

When we reached Parker Co. we were greeted by a number of stares. On my way to the elevator, I realised that people weren't staring at me – to which I was thankful for – but at Beth. Beth kept telling me that it was because she was in her best dress form today but I figured that it was more than just her dress.

Beth fixed the small creases on her hot pink dress and I checked my emails to see if there was any hot news that I was missing. Once we passed Lily's desk in a hurry, Lily whispered something which vaguely sounded like Sebastian...cabin.

We were way too late to hear what Lily had to say.

Inside the cabin, a man in a crisp Oxford shirt and pants was pacing around. Ignoring the way his muscles flexed, I fixed my gaze on his strong jaw, and lips sat in a straight line.

Shit.

Sebastian Parker is in my cabin and he looks pissed.

But after two seconds I realise that Sebastian's glare is not directed towards me but to the woman beside me.

'Morning, Sebastian.' Beth says chirpily, clearly wanting Sebastian to notice her in the dress. Beth dresses to impress.

'In an hour, it will be noon, Beth. Since you two ladies, especially you,' Sebastian said pointing a finger at me, 'like to be fashionably late, I will have you two working an extra two hours today.'

I roll my eyes at that. Like I haven't been doing that everyday due to the work load! Beth's face, however, forms a perfect O.

Sebastian continues.

'And I am going to have your cut bonus off. I hope this teaches you a lesson, Ms. Hastings.' Sebastian says and I could almost see a smirk forming.

'You can't do that!' I reply, a bit annoyed

'I have no time for this,' Sebastian says in a deadly tone and I decide to shut up for the time being. 'The reason I am here is because of Beth.'

Sebastian clicks on his iPhone and holds up the screen for us to look. My eyes widen after seeing the article name.

Sebastian Parker seeing Beth Rogers, his PA and close friend

'Ms. Hastings, get to work on this with the IT team and my publicist.'

'Yes, sir.' I nod and he leaves.

Beth however looks far away from embarrassed. She looks happy.

Or it's just me assuming things as always.

-

I walk towards Ivory's cabin to talk about the recent article circulating about Sebastian and Beth. But when I knock on the cabin, I hear an unfamiliar voice.

Behind the laptop screen, sits a stern looking woman in her 40s, her spectacles balanced on the middle of her slender nose.

'Eh, where's Ivory?'

'I am the head publicist; Ivory will be working under me. I told Lily to change the name plate on the cabin door.' The woman answers, smiling, 'You must be Leah Hastings.'

I offer a hand to her and she takes it, 'Yes.'

'Lara Thomas, any specific reason for coming, Ms. Hastings?'

'Please, Leah is fine. And yes, I came here to remind you of the articles circulating about Sebastian Parker and Beth Rogers. If you can contact the article publishing site and get it removed as soon as possible, I will work with the IT team to get the source of this information.'

'Oh that won't be necessary. I have already contacted the site to take down the article immediately and if you will allow, I will work with the IT head for the source.'

'Well, I am...' I hesitate but Lara continues.

'I know your hesitation but I assure you there won't be any mistakes. I will keep giving you updates. Also, here's a paper slip that requires the signature of Mr. Parker.' Lara says as I take the slip.

'Sure, I will go through it and get is signed. Anything else?!'

'Yes. If you don't mind, can you call the media so that I can officially release a statement that Mr. Parker and Ms. Rogers aren't together? I would have done it myself but the IT head wants me in his cabin in five minutes.'

'Sure, that won't be a problem.'

-

After calling the media, I decided to take some files and paper slips that needed Sebastian's signature; keeping the urgent matters that needed his attention on the top. And one such urgent matter was cutting my bonus for no reason. He really needed a piece of my mind.

I knocked on his cabin but when no one answered, I entered his cabin.

But the cabin was empty and there was no sign of him. I sighed and decided to leave when I heard a muffled voice from the attached restroom. I kept the files on his coffee table before knocking on the door.

Did he need help?

Yes sure.

What if he's in trouble?

Yes, there's so much trouble involved in peeing.

I rolled my eyes before entering the restroom which – unfortunately or fortunately – the genius kept unlocked.

And there he was.

Wrapped up completely in a shower curtain and toiler paper all over his face and the bathroom.

***

How are y'all? Long time. 

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED FOR THIS STORY. Silent readers, love you as well. But I'd love you even more if you could vote. 

I will try to update as soon as possible, no promises. 

Let me know what you thought about this chapter and story so far in the comments below. Share this story, if possible. And VOTE, please? 

THANK YOU <3 

(Also, Happy Diwali to all the Indians out there and Happy Halloween to everyone. Also, I am crying; James and Lily Potter died today *sob*) 

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 89.3K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...
470K 28K 67
Book one in the trilogy. **** When Lizzie Cooper leaves her cheating husband behind and moves to London, she decides to reinvent herself to bury the...
4.4M 154K 50
*BEING RE-WRITTEN* "I never once told you I broke the engagement," his words were harsh and spoken in a cold voice but his hand that was running up a...
9.8K 410 44
🏅featured on Romance's reading list 🏅featured on Chicklit's reading list ❝We are not just friends or co-workers. But you can call it what you want...