Book One: My Ghostly Wolf Pro...

By Pantera06

CayLynn Mathison, is your average normal girl, or is she? While she doesn't have friends, it's by her choice... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Epilogue

Chapter Ten

249 8 0
By Pantera06

It's been two days since I heard that Byron was coming to get me. I know it will take sometime to get here, so I am trying not to get impatient about it. I hope they can win this war. I really don't know what to do most days. 

Roman hasn't bugged me since that day he beat the crap out of me. Which I am still sore from. Trevor doesn't talk to me to much but he makes sure I am not coming to any harm. I am still in shock to know he is not really betraying Byron and his family. Makes me happy too. 

I am also still in shock to know that Byron and Axe were going to have more siblings but their mom lost them in the attack against them in 1961. It's sad. I am also still trying to figure out how they got a hold of Axe. He won't tell me that story. He keeps saying he wants to forget about it. 

Even though he can come into this now, we have not figured out how to get his human back into his body. I am certainly no witch, so we are stuck there. It sucks but what can you do. So right now I am sitting here trying to figure that out. I keep coming up with nothing. 

I heard the bedroom door. Looking up I saw it was Roman. Oh shit!

"Dinner." was all he said and walked back out. Oh yeah, another thing is this. I eat all meals with them. Nice to know they aren't going to starve me. I got off the bed and walked out the room, closing the door behind me.

Going down the hall to the stairs I took them slowly. Yeah, just because they aren't torturing and starving me, that doesn't mean I want to be in their company. They kidnapped me, as well as Axe just to get revenge. That's just lame.

Well I got to the dining room, all but one seat was taken. I learned that there is a hundred wolves in this pack. Most left after Roman's parents died. plus, I guess Roman was being horrible to them. I took the seat next to Roman, with Trevor on the other side of me.

"I know your mate and his pack are coming to get you. That was a given. So, enjoy your time here. Cause I will kill you all." Roman sneered at me. I just rolled my eyes and ate my meal. Well as much of it as I could. Eating these days wasn't easy.

It's been two days since we left. It is evening and in one hour we will be back on our feet traveling. Some are in human form while others in wolf. Well all take turns staking things out. Last night Jayce, Tallis and myself did look out. Ben is also with us. I can see his reason for wanting to come. At first my dad was against the idea, but after Ben said he will need to see with his own two eyes that he gets his daughter back, my dad said ok.

I was sitting in wolf form listening to some of the guys goof off. That is their way of clearing their minds for a little while. It's fine by me. I try my hardest at times to clear mine. They were talking about video games. Nothing new there.

"No, I always beat you!" Tallis told one of the guys.

"No you don't! I've kicked your butt, god knows how many times before." Victor, a brown wolf, growled.

"LIAR!" Tallis yelled. It was amazing. Such kids.

"Actually, I've whipped all of you before. Now shush!" Jayce said in his cocky tone. All eyes went to him.

"Yeah right!" Victor snorted. "The girls kick your furry butt in video games." Everyone, including myself, laughed in our minds. It's true. Jayce sucks at video games.

"Shut up!" Jayce muttered.

"Oh come on, Jayce don't get embarrassed. It's ok you lose to girls." Victor teased. Jayce just growled and walked away with our laughter following. He sucks at fighting games, but in a real fight he is number one. He is even over me. That's ok though, I want the strongest in our pack.

"Alright, lets get moving!" I heard my father's voice boom. Everyone got back on track with the long travel. The best part our females are even with us. My mom always said females are worth than just caring ones cubs. It's true, Some of our most skilled wolves are females and yeah, I can admit some scare me.

The females who truly didn't want to fight were back at him with some males there. They were looking after our future. We do have a underground shelter where they're staying in. Don't want them in the open. It has everything. So they will be good until we get back.

It's midnight, the moon is shining and we are still walking. It will take about two to three more days until we are there. I can't wait to see my mate. My wolf is very restless about wanting her back. Hell so am I. 

'You ok man?" Tallis mind linked only to me.

'Yeah, just want her back with me.' I grumbled.

'We will get her! Don't worry!' he stated.

'I know. I think I have some idea how you felt when Axe went missing.' I told him honestly.

'Yeah. It was hard. Still is, but I continue on for him.' he whispered. I nodded my wolf head. After that we walked in silence. Both of thinking.

Dinner was good. Weird, it always is. Can't rip on them about that. I heard Roman loves to cook. I wanted to tease him about it, but I didn't want to start anything with him, so I shut up and ate. I was back in the bedroom, where I am always locked in, thinking.

"CayLynn." I heard a female voice call. I looked up and was in shock.

There in front of me, was my mother's ghost. I couldn't believe it. After all them years gone, she was here in front of me, talking.

"Mom?" I questioned, just to be sure you know.

"Yes honey. It's me. I'm sorry I have not some sooner, but I knew you needed lots of time to take in that you can speak to ghosts." she told me. She came and sat on my bed next to me. I smiled.

"Yeah, but now I am good. I have accepted it." I told her.

"I'm glad." she said.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Not that I'm not happy to see you. I am!" I blurted to make sure my mom knew I missed her.

"I know you are happy to see me. There is not doubt in my mind. Just wanted to check up on you. Make sure you are happy. I know you are though. You got yourself someone. Got friends. And I know your dad has someone as well." she explained.

"Dad still loves you." I muttered, looking down.

"I know he does. Trust me. I'm glad he is happy and had found someone. It was a matter of time before he did. I don't want his life ending just because I am gone. That would not be fair to him. Or to even you." she told me smiling.

"Wow, I don't think most women would want their other half with someone else." I mumbled. Mom laughed.

"Well, that would be silly. I mean, I am not there anymore. He needs someone. He has to move on. Can't mourn forever. I wouldn't want to see him doing that. You either. I am always with you guys. Always. Just think of me and I am there. Memories are what keeps someone alive." she stated making sure I listened.

"I'm glad you're happy. What if they have kids together?" I really wanted to know mom's answer to that.

"Hope they give him as much grey hair as you kids did. He needs it." she teased smiling. I chuckled at that. Mom would say something like that. I sat there looking at her. Happy she was here talking to me. 

"Do you think Sean and AshLynn will come see me?" I asked, hoping they would. I would really love to see them. I miss them so much.

"They will in time. I have to go now. Someone is coming." she rushed out. "I love you. Don't ever forget that. I'm always here."

"I love you too." I blurted out fast, then she was gone. I was already missing her. I'm still surprised to have seen her. Grateful she talked to me. Seems like with her approval of everything, it was going to get better. I would get out of here.

The opened to reveal Trevor. He looked around for a minute, then came into the room. I looked around as well. Wondering if something was suppose to be here. I hope not. 

"Who were you talking too?" he whispered, as he closed the door. I paled some.

"My mom." I muttered looking down at my hands.

"Really?!" he sounded surprised. I looked up at him and nodded. He came over to me and sat down. I still can't believe he is not actually a traitor.

"Yeah. She is happy for my dad and me. She hopes if he does have more kids, that they give him a lot of grey." I snickered. Trevor gave a laugh.

"Yeah, they probably will." he thought out loud. I nodded in agreement.

"I am so happy she came." I said looking down, smiling.

"I'm glad. Just be careful not to talk to loud. Don't want anyone else hearing you. It was only me this time." he told me. I nodded. He got up and went to the door. "Get some sleep. They will be here soon." with that he closed the door. 

I laid down and looked over at Axe's body. I still can't believe he is half live. Due to his wolf. I looked up at the ceiling thinking. Everything made a big turn around. But I am happy about it. Everything changed for the better. With that thought in mind, I fell into a light sleep.

I hope she is ok. I wish we were there already. I am getting very impatient. My wolf is just, well  that i don't know how to explain. I guess you could say he is PMSing in his own way. I understand why though.

Daytime was coming and my dad decided it was a good time to stop. So everyone found spots in bug groups and went to sleep. My sleep was restless. I'll be fine when CayLynn is with me. With that her face appeared like it does every night she has been kidnapped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Immortal Love By Jay

Teen Fiction

1.7K 84 42
*Sequel to The Runaway. You don't have to read that book to understand this one.* Skylar Perez is a loud and social girl. Ever since she was small sh...
4M 123K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
1.6K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...
178K 5.7K 41
I was screaming even louder thinking I was going to die. But then I landed in somebody's arms. I reacted quickly and punched the guy in the face. He...