Book One: My Ghostly Wolf Pro...

By Pantera06

CayLynn Mathison, is your average normal girl, or is she? While she doesn't have friends, it's by her choice... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Epilogue

Chapter Six

295 7 0
By Pantera06

I knew I was sleeping peacefully until I felt ice cold water hit my body. I sat up shrieking, teeth chattering. I looked around to see the guys laughing their asses off at me. Those jerks!

"Pay back is a total bitch huh?" Trevor coughed, still laughing. Those jerks! I didn't freeze them with water. Oh, I will get them back. It's all out war now.

"I didn't make you idiots freeze though." I stated, with teeth still chattering.

"True but this was still fun." Byron smirked at me. i glared at all of them. They stopped laughing fast.Oh, yeah I am so getting you all back for this, I thought to myself. I got out of my soaked bed and looked at it.

"Thanks guys!" I muttered. 'All I did was scare you, not soak you. Jerks!" I grumbled, glaring at them. They all looked at me sheepishly. Oh yeah, its on. I took and got ready for school after they left. I decided today I wanted to walk to school. Lately Byron or one of them have been giving me a ride. Byron because he is a paranoid person, and the others cause they are just nice. Ok, maybe somewhat paranoid. About what, don't ask me.

It's been a few months now and life is great. My dad is currently dating someone new. I am happy for him. It's someone from Byron's pack. She is so nice. Guess she has never mated before, so it's not like she can't be with someone else. They are cute couple too. 

Zel has yet to talk to me. She doesn't hang out with the people she used too. Hell she doesn't even care about her looks it seems. I don't know what is going, but I am still waiting for her to come and talk to me. I just hope everything is alright. Yeah, I know. Probably thinking: Why do you care? Well it's because I knew she wasn't the bitch she claimed to be. She was doing that all for image. Plus, I don't hold grudges. It gives you nothing but headaches.

Byron and I are officially together. No, we haven't done the nasty but he is willing to wait. He is kind of old. Ok, a lot old. Hell, he was two hundred and fifty-five when I was born. So yeah old! He is very sweet. Gets a bit overprotective. It's cute though.

My cousin, Dave and Aunt Tammie moved here permanently. I love that I have family close by. aunt Tammie told me she was missing us. Dave still picks on me and likes to tell everyone embarrassing stories about me. Nice, huh? Jerk. So, to at least get him to stop picking on me, i showed everyone a very nice picture of him when he was four. Him sitting naked on the grass, lounging back with his finger up his nose. He got laughed at for days and stopped telling stories about me. Yeah, I am that evil.

As for me, well life is just that, life. Axe is still with me. He does leave often to be by Tallis, who can still feel Axe around him. I am still getting good grades. No one picks on me anymore. Well, that could be because of Byron and the guys.

It was Saturday around noon when my dad came busting into my room with a beaming smile on his face. I just looked at him, waiting for him to spill his guts.

"Guess what?!" he shouted.

"What?" I laughed.

"I have a mate, just like you do!" he yelled. I looked at him in shock.

"Are you serious?!" I screamed, jumping off my bed, running over to stand in front of him.

"Yes! I am dead on serious!" he yelled again. "Donna is my mate!" he stated, proud. I was so happy for him. Then I thought, what about mom. He seen the look on my face. "Sweetie, if you think I will ever forget about your mom, don't worry I can't. Donna knows and accepts that your mom will always have a place in my heart for her. I could never stop loving your mom. She is the mother of my wonderful kids." he calmly told me. 

"And if he even thinks for one minute that he will forget her, I will hurt him. From what I hear about her, I am jealous to not have got to met her myself. Plus, she made your dad happy when I couldn't." Donna said coming into my room. "CayLynn, I can never replace your mom and I don't want too. I hope in time you will think of me as another mother to you. But for now, one day at time."

"Thanks Donna." I whispered, walking over to her, giving her a huge hug. I did love Donna since I the first we met. She was always just so nice to me.

"Anytime, kiddo." she pulled back smiling at me.

"Wait, how long have you known?" I asked confused.

"Oh, about two months but I wanted your dad to have time to really accept it." Donna stated. I nodded and looked at my dad who was in La La Land. I laughed. Donna turned to look at him and busted out laughing.

"Oh shush! I haven't like this for awhile. Mean, evil woman!" he muttered walking away, beat red. Donna and I laughed harder. We stumbled down the stairs laughing non-stop. 

"What is so funny?" I heard Tallis ask.

"My dad's face!" I said threw a fit of giggles. We tried to calm our laughing. I know it isn't nice but he looks so cute when embarrassed. 

"Evil!" he shouted from the kitchen, which got us laughing again.

"Hey, stop laughing at him." Byron said. Donna and I regained ourselves. We finally stopped and looked at everyone who was here. Which was a lot of people.

The day had carried on into night and everyone was still here. Basically it was a celebration for Donna and my dad. I was so happy to see him smiling. The best part, all pictures of mom and my siblings still hung around the house. Donna said they stayed up. She had no problem with the pictures. It gave it a homey feeling. Weird I know, but Donna was never the jealous type. Mom had the first half and she gets the second half. Well that's how she put it. 

"So how do you feel about this?" Byron whispered in my ear, while sliding his arms around my wait.

"Very happy." I told him, leaning back. "I know he will never stop loving my mom, but he does need someone in his life. I am just glad it's Donna and not some bitch." I stated, firmly. He laughed.

"Yeah, i can see your point of view. Donna is a great person." he said as we looked at them in awe.

"She is." I agreed. I heard a knock on the door. I slipped out of Byron's arms to answer it. Opening the door I was shocked to see Zel standing there. "Hey." I greeted, unsure.

"Can we talk?" she whispered.

"Yeah sure." I said, stepping outside, shutting the door behind me.

"Your not busy? I can come back if you are." she blurted out fast.

"No, no. I am not busy. I can talk." I said fast. She nodded. "Want to go somewhere to talk?" I asked. She just nodded yes. "Alright hold on.' I turned, heading back inside.

"Who is it?" Byron asked, curious.

"Zel. She wants to talk. Tell everyone, I'll be back shortly." I looked at him. He nodded, kissed my cheek and I was out the door with my coat on. We headed down the walk way in silence. It continued until we got to the park. We found a bench and sat down. She was quiet for a few minutes.

"First off sorry for how I treated you. It was wrong and I am ashamed." she said lowly.

"It's alright. I am way over it." I told her honestly. she nodded. "What's going on Zel?"

"Well, remember the day I came to you, saying I wanted to talk to you?" she asked, looking at me. I just nodded my head. She continued. "Well the night before, my sister passed away from cancer. She was battling it for years. She lived longer than we thought she would. The doctors were amazed, but finally it caught and beat her." I saw a tear roll down her face.

"I am so sorry Zel." I whispered, not sure what to say. This is some personal stuff she told me.

"Thanks. It was difficult. Still is. Hurts to have her gone. I guess that is why I was such bitch. I always, and still do, look up to her. She was the best sister in the world. Never hurt a fly. Was popular, good grades, cheerleader. Everything I am not." she stated with a sob.

"Oh come on Zel. You are a great person. It's just you had a lot on your plate. You dealt with it, how you could. It's not easy. I know it's not." I explained. I told her about my mom, brother and sister.

"Oh my! I am so sorry." she muttered.

"It's alright. Why, because I know they are here with me still. Same with your sister. She will always be watching. They never truly leave you, as long as you keep their memory alive." I told her.

"Yeah I agree. So, here is what I wanted to talk to you about. I don't want you to call to my sister or anything. But if she ever finds you, please tell that I love and miss her. A lot. So does mom and dad." she said, looking at me.

"Of course." I looked at her. "What's her name?" I asked.

"Shannon." was her reply. We sat there in silence for awhile longer. I knew she wasn't a bad person. Just a lot going on in life and trying to deal with it. It's hard. I know it is.

Later that night after my talk with Zel, I couldn't stop thinking about her. She looked so broken. Hurts to see people like that. No wonder she changed. I think she got sick of keeping up with trying to make it seem like nothing was wrong. I can't blame her for that. Sometimes we don't want to think about the bad.

I was sitting on my window seat looking outside. It is so peaceful at night. I love the nnight life. I looked out to the stars, thinking about my own family. I may have lost but I was also gaining. It was nice. I was getting a new uncle too. Donna has a brother. He is cool. Weird but cool. He loves to make bird noises. Strange but funny as hell.

To see my dad happy is the best thing in the world. He found two people who were made for him, when in life your lucky to find one. I got Byron. I am so happy about that. I couldn't ask for a better person.

It was Monday, time for lunch. I was heading to the lunch room when Zel came walking up to me. At first everyone was shocked. I wasn't after our conversation, which has stayed between us. We talk all the time. We do hang out. She mostly keeps to herself, but does still talk to others. She has made big apologizes towards a lot of people too. 

"Hey Cay." she called.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked as we headed for lunch. I was starving.

"Not much. Same old." she shrugged.

"Yeah I know that feeling. Same thing everyday." I chuckled. She nodded smirking. She knew what I meant. Axe. She knows how he likes to aggravate me. She had come over on Sunday and we hung out all day, to find out we are not different from each other.

"Still aggirvating huh?" she snickered.

"You have no idea.' I breathed out. As we walked threw the doors she busted out laughing. People just looked at us. Byron was waiting with the guys in line. We walked over to them to wait as well.

"What's so funny?" Trevor asked.

"Just asking her about her 'stalker'." Zel stated, using air quotation marks around the word stalker. They all snickered. Jerks.

"Yeah, that is funny." Tallis chuckled. 

"Yeah, yeah whatever, mean people." I grumbled, causing them to laugh. I rolled my eyes crossing my arms over my chest and humf'ed at them. They laughed harder. Yeah, like I always say. JERKS!

"Oh come on, it is funny." Jayce said amused.

"Yeah to you! But not to me!" I mumbled looking down at my feet.

"Cheer up! Could be worse." Tallis said. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Right!" I snorted.

"So lady-like!" Tallis taunted. Jerk.

"I am going to sit down. Byron, you buying." I told him and walked off with Zel next to me laughing at Byron's expression. It was funny. Eyes bugging out. The guys laughed at him, telling him he was whipped.

I was so glad Monday was over. The last few classes seemed to take forever. Well for me. Chemistry was the longest in my opinion. I was walking home when I heard a snarl that turned into a growl. Axe and I looked around.

"Hear that?" I asked, kind of scared.

"Yeah." he said, looking around. The snarl came again, then it turned into something more vicious. I continued to look around with Axe by my side. I felt safe believe it or not. I heard twigs snapping, and another snarl. Then to the right of me came seven large wolves. Oh shit I am screwed.

"Stay as calm as possible Cay." Axe said. I just nodded, not knowing what else to say. Then a man stepped out. Dressed in only cut off shorts. He was huge. Like six foot nine huge. It was insane. He was built like a house too. Black hair down to his shoulder and ice blue eyes. "Shit!" I heard Axe hiss. I slid my eyes towards him.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" the guys taunted. Jerk!

"That's the guy who took me back in 1961. He killed me." Axe growled. I stared wide eyed at this. Oh god, this isn't good at all.

"What do you want?" I asked trembling.

"To get revenge against your mate. Byron." was all he told me. He lunged at me but got stopped by an invisible wall, known as Axe.

"RUN!" he shouted. He didn't have to tell me twice. I took off like a bat out of hell.

"Get her!" I heard the guy yelled. I heard paws coming towards me. I pushed as fast as my body would let me. I heard the pounding getting closer. God, this just sucks.

I heard snarling up ahead. I looked to see another wolf looking at me, like I was a meal to him. FUCK! I slid to a stop. I heard the others closing in. I knew I was fucked. They are going to take me then kill me. Just like they did Axe. Byron will be like Tallis. Mate less forever. I was circled in by seven wolves and I had no way out. 

"Ok little girl. Let's go." I heard the guy from early sneer. His breath on my neck leaving goosebumps. I fet something hit my head and my world went black.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 5.7K 41
I was screaming even louder thinking I was going to die. But then I landed in somebody's arms. I reacted quickly and punched the guy in the face. He...
4.7K 134 28
Not everyone in Berlin, Georgia is aware of the strange animals that live there.The ones that do are most likely one of them- werewolves. But when L...
804K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...
22.4K 2.1K 35
Seventeen year old Kayla Simmons has always been normal, completely ordinary. So when the new guy in town comes and completely changes everything she...