Graveyard Watchman (Book 1)

By LeslieFear

**Former Wattpad Featured Story** He lifted his eyes to me and I was instantly captivated. He was sheer beaut... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Cast of Characters - Kate
Cast of Characters - Dominic
Cast of Characters - Zack
Cast of Characters - Skylar
Cast of Characters - Aunt Kelly
Cast of Characters - Uncle John
Cast of Characters - Gideon
Cast of Characters
The dark forest...
Seraph Fighter
The Demon, Zull
The Seraphian Castle
Seraph Chapel and Minister Ezekiel
Dominic in the forest...
The Cemetery in Fog
Healing Crystals
REVIEWS ARE LIKE GOLD!!
Graveyard Watchman (Book 3) Gemini
Apollo Sun

Chapter 32

8.2K 536 41
By LeslieFear

I don't have time to think before the white light fades and my body is suddenly released from the Watchman's arms. I open my eyes and incredibly, I'm standing next to the Volvo. The second I look up at him, I can tell he already knows what's about to come out of my mouth.

"How in the hell did you do that?"

He looks down as if choosing his words carefully then shifts his eyes back to mine. "You have not lost any time."

"Huh?"

"The time. It is back to when you first arrived." he answers.

"Wait." my hand goes up. "Somebody better start talking!" I demand, staring up at him.

He ignores me and says, "Now, you will not be missed."

"What do you mean, I won't be missed?"

The Watchman's eyes shift away and for a second, I see a hint of the familiar red like before when he looks back to me.

"It is not for me to explain." he answers but I can hear the hesitation in his voice. He wants me to know.

"I don't care who the hell explains it. Any of it. This beating around the bush shit is driving me insane. Or maybe I've completely lost my mind and this is a flipping nightmare!"

"This is not a dream." he answers, in a matter of fact tone.

"Then what is it? Who are you and why are you calling my dead brother, "master." my hands air-quote the last part. "Holy shit, I sound like a mad person even to myself!" I lean against the car, almost tripping on a rock before I steady myself. The Watchman gets so close, bringing his hands to my sides and I can smell his skin again. The same masculine scent mixed with something else. Almost like how the north breeze smells when fall begins to push the hot, humid summer air away...and it's intoxicating.

"That!" I shout, making him stand back. "Why did you do that?"

"I do not understand."

"Why are you treating me like a freaking porcelain doll?"

"I have already told you. I am your Watchman."

I can't help but roll my eyes because I know that much. "Yeah, I remember. But why? Why do you have to watch me?"

"Because you and the Master have the same bloodline." he answers in his deep, rich voice.

"Okay, I get it. He's my brother...I think. But, what do you mean, exactly?"

He hesitates again, looking away as if wondering if he's being watched. He steps closer and leans into my ear. "It means you are not of this world and must be protected."

"Not of this world? Seriously? Um, in case you haven't noticed I'm a living, breathing person here." Sarcasm practically drips down my chin but he doesn't say a word.

"You're really not going to tell me, are you?"

"It is not for me to say. I am your protector. That is all."

"Then why am I so drawn to you?" I ask so quickly I barely realize I've said it.

His eyes instantly dart to mine. Clearly, he wasn't expecting that statement. Is it wrong somehow? Wrong for me to feel this way?

He locks eyes with me but I can see the confusion behind them. He's definitely baffled by this. So, I ask the next question.

"Why can't...?" I pause, hoping he'll give me something but he just stares at me. Okay, I'll finish my thought. "Why can't I be attracted to yo...?"

"It is forbidden!" he shouts, interrupting me and I flinch. He notices immediately and backs away.

"Why is it forbidden?" I ask, looking down at my feet and feeling foolish for even admitting my attraction to him. His hand goes to my chin and our eyes lock once again. It's as if he knows I feel ashamed and wants to let me down gently.

"It is not that simple, Kate Bassett. We are different, you and I. We are very different."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 6.7K 35
He's here, he's always here. Watching me, protecting me. Even if I can't see him I know he's here. I can sense him. You know those moment's you get...
9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
38.7K 6K 31
Bad boy supreme Caleb Dawson crashes into Amy Irvine's world as a spectre that no one can see, hear, or touch, unleashing a chain of events beyond he...
20.3K 696 36
I kept on moving back and he kept walking closer till my back touched the lockers. He trapped me in between his huge hands and I closed my eyes facin...