Chasing After The PA | Comple...

By DaymareXNightdream

Hunter Blackthorne, CEO of the most powerful company in the world. Young, attractive and extremely arrogant. ... More

Hello!
Preface
Official Playlist
Chapter 1 - Interview
Chapter 2 - Caramel Macchiato
Chapter 3 - Cheaters Never Win
Chapter 4 - A Date With A Familiar Face
Chapter 5 - The Kardashians ft. My Date, My Ex And My Boss
Chapter 6 - Reminder From A Dark Past
Chapter 7 - Sleepover!
Chapter 8 - Goodnight
Chapter 9 - We Date
Chapter 10 - You're Living With Me
Chapter 11 - Roses Are Red...
Chapter 12 - Still A Better Love Story Than Twilight
Chapter 13 - Gideon Harris And Erica Who?
Chapter 14 - The First Kiss Is Always The Most Fake, Right?
Chapter 15 - Necklace Of Lies
Chapter 16 - A Poke To The Butt And A Kiss On The Lips
Chapter 17 - New Goal: Make Her Mine
Chapter 18 - I've Got A Migraine
Chapter 19 - Red Velvet And Hot Pockets
Chapter 21 - I'm As Straight As A Broken Ruler
Chapter 22 - Halloween King And Queen
Chapter 23 - Alexander Hamilton
Chapter 24 - Midnight Conversations
Chapter 25 - Holiday Spirit
Chapter 26 - Unwanted Proposals and Holiday Cheer
Chapter 27 - New Year, New Love
Chapter 28 - Time Apart
Chapter 29 - Best Friends Give The Best Advice
Chapter 30 - Bonding With Exes
Chapter 31 - Unofficially Meeting The Parents
Chapter 32 - Breakups And British Devils
Chapter 33 - Près Du Coeur
Chapter 34 - I Love Him
Chapter 35 - Confessions
Chapter 36 - To The Moon And Back
Chapter 37 - (Un)Happy Birthday
Chapter 38 - Dead Flowers And Used Band-Aids
Chapter 39 - Daisies
Chapter 40 - Dishonest Lies
Chapter 41 - I Quit
Chapter 42 - Letting Go
Chapter 43 - Grey
Chapter 44 - Between Two Worlds
Chapter 45 - I Miss Her
Chapter 46 - Lay Your Head Down
Chapter 47 - Don't Believe Everything You See
Chapter 48 - Welcome Home, Brother
Chapter 49 - Cucumber
Chapter 50 - Losing Her
Chapter 51 - The Prince Charming To My Cinderella
Epilogue
You Asked, I Answered!
Bonus Chapter - A Very Merry Blackthorne Christmas

Chapter 20 - Cuddles, Chris And Couple Costumes

32.6K 1K 64
By DaymareXNightdream

Hello people of the internet :]

Omg, what is this? A new chapter? Oh yes it is, and you guys have ImmortalMilkFandom to thank. I was talking to her on Instagram a few hours ago and mentioned that I finished a chapter. I was thinking about publishing it on Friday but she asked if it was going to be published today, and... I CAN'T SAY NO TO HER. I love her too much <3 *breathed* ******, I wanted to tell you this a long time ago, but ever since I saw you in kindergarten, playing with blocks, I've fallen in love with you and I just wanted to tell you... THAT YOU ARE A TERRIBLE AGENT(inside joke) *clears throat*

Anyways, I'm dedicating this chapter to her because she was the first ever person to read my story and give me (note sarcasm) AWESOME CRITISISM. But honestly though, I love you. >.< Okay, that was weird. Let's just say that you're a good fwend. (Are we friends, lol IDK)

But anyways, to the rest of you, (no, I didn't forget about you guys.) THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 14K reads! <3 I really hope that you enjoy this chapter, and ye, I'll see you all at the end of this chapter. <3 :)

Song- My Chemical Romance, Welcome To The Black Parade

~Jessica

"Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore. It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself."

― Deborah Reber, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul

*************************************************************

"You definitely showed her," Bill whistled as he waited for us by the car.

"She sure did," Hunter agreed kissing my hand. "We're going home."

Bill nodded and went over to open the rear door of the limo. He first helped me in then Hunter jumped in as well. As the car started, Hunter rolled up the partition.

"I'm going to anger management classes."

Hunter gave me a questionable look, "say what?"

"I'm going to anger management classes," I said shrugging. "I slapped 2 people in one day Hunter, I need help."

He scoffed, "I've slapped even more," I raised and eyebrow. "In an hour."

"But still," I sighed. "I slapped her for no reason, I shouldn't be doing that. Its damaging to your image. Paparazzi probably caught that on camera and its going to be all over the magazines tomorrow."

"You call it slapping her for no reason but that's not what I would call it. She came at you, you thought she was going to hurt you so you defended yourself, end of story."

"I could have just held her wrists and not have slapped her. " I looked down at my hands. "Gosh, I'm such a bitch."

Hunter grabbed my hand. "Hey, look at me," I kept my head down. "Look at me, sweetness." His hazel eyes met mine. "It was just a slap, what can she do about it? Fine you? I can pay that off no problem. If you're scared of this becoming public or that I would be ashamed of you, then you don't have to worry. I don't care about some stupid magazine or if everyone will be on Ms. Turner's side when news breaks out. I don't care if the world hates you, because you have me and all I want you to know, is that I will never hate you, even if I tried. You don't have anger issues, everyone loses their temper at times, even the most composed and calm people do."

I sniffled and tried to blink back my tears. "I don't know, I just feel bad."

"You've been through a lot Payton," he whispered. "And eventually, all that pressure just cracks a person."

I smiled weakly, "I'm not cracking, not yet anyways."

Hunter pulled me closer to him and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Anger is something that makes you act before you think."

"It is," I breathed in his scent.

"We'll just have to find ways to improve." He kissed the top of my head, "now take a nap, it's been a long day."

*****

I woke up to the sound of a car door slamming. Out of reflex, I jumped but to my surprise, I didn't move. "Hey, shh, you're okay," I looked up to see Hunter's soft hazel eyes gazing into mine. I then realised that I was in his arms and he was carrying my bridal style. "You fell asleep and I didn't want to wake you up, partially because you looked really cute."

I scrunched up my nose, "that's creepy." he chuckled and continued to walk. "You know that I can walk by myself right?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I like this way better," he nodded. I heard the front door click open and he flicked the lights on.

I half-smiled and looked at him. "Why does this feel like our wedding night or something?"

Hunter started going up the stairs and looked down at me. "Do you want it to be?" he smirked.

I felt a blush creep up my neck and I hid my face in his chest. "No," I mumbled. His deep laughter vibrated against me.

"Give it a year or two." I froze up. "Come one, let's get you to bed, it's late."

As Hunter placed me onto the bed in my room, he spoke again. "I'm going to see Mr. Moore tomorrow morning."

"I'm coming with you," I said sitting up.

Hunter sighed and sat down on the bed, "I don't think that'll be a good idea." I looked at him confused. "I mean, he probably hates us both but I'm pretty sure he hates you even more. You did ruin his marriage after all and you also slapped him. If we want answers, then I don't think having you there will make him want to answer."

"I guess you're right," I sighed. I really wanted to see him, to look him in the eyes and tell him how absolutely disgusting he was. "I guess I'll be at the office then."

"You do realise that it's Saturday tomorrow right?"

"It is?" Oh shoot, it was. I'd been so caught up into everything that had been happening that I hadn't been keeping track of time. Weekends and weekdays seemed to blend together into just... Days. Fridays weren't something to anticipate anymore and Mondays weren't to dread. I guess having Hunter around just made any day a fun day. I didn't have as many nightmares anymore and the few that I did have weren't as bad.

"My mom used to always say that the sun and the moon were like lovers who rarely met, always chased and almost always missed each other. But once in a while, they do catch up and they kiss, and at that moment, the world just stares in awe at their eclipse," I smiled thinking about how my mother used to wake me up just in time for the sunrise everyday when I was little. I missed those days. It hurt when you wake up one day and miss someone from your past but then you realise they're not there anymore.

Hunter scooched closer to where I was sitting on the bed and placed a hand on my shoulder. "She sounds like a sweet woman, I wish I was able to meet her."

"I just wish that they were still here, y'know?" I quietly said. "Sometimes I feel as though I don't deserve to be happy, because my parents aren't alive anymore. I just- I just wish that I could have done something to prevent it. Maybe if I had convinced then to stay or-"

"Don't say that. There was nothing you couldn't have possibly done in the world to have stopped it. I know that if you could have you would, but their death was entirely out of your reach" I shrugged. "Sometimes, people go and it just doesn't make sense. Grief is like the sea; sometimes their calm and sometimes their rough, but all you can do is to learn how to swim."

I nodded, "thanks, I guess."

He pecked my cheek, "I'm glad I could help." He got up, "I should retire to my bedroom now and let you get some rest. We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

I nodded. "Yeah." As Hunter stalked over to the door, I stopped him. "Wait," he looked over at me, "is there.. Anyway that you maybe could... Stay with me here tonight?" Hunter didn't speak for a moment. "I mean if you don't want to that's perfectly fine as well, but I just thought that after everything that happened today, I don't really want to be alone and-"

"Payton," Hunter cut off.

"Yes?" I asked bashfully.

He smiled, "I'd love to stay with you tonight."

"Oh," I breathed out. "Ok."

"I'll go change and brush my teeth then, I'll be back in five," he grinned.

"Same for me," I said walking over to the bathroom connected to the room Hunter gave me. I heard my bedroom door click which meant that he had left and I finally let a big breath out. I looked up at the mirror and examined my face. I had the same green eyes and tanned skin that my mom had and thick black hair that my father had spent hours trying to braid when I was in kindergarten. "I miss you guys so much, I hope you're proud of me," I whispered.

*****

"Well, I'm finally out of that suit and into something more comfortable," Hunter said walking back into my room. I looked up from my phone and was blessed by the sight of a shirtless Hunter Blackthorne. "Cute onesie," he pointed out.

I was currently wearing an adorable unicorn onesie that Erica had sent me in the mail about a week ago . "Thanks," I said putting my phone onto the nightstand.

"Well," Hunter yawned. "I am thoroughly and utterly exhausted and I bet you are too, it'd be best if we get some rest before the sun comes up."

"Yeah, before the sun rises," I said quietly.

"Is something wrong?" Hunter asked lying down onto the bed and patting the spot beside him. I laid down beside him and he turned me over to face him.

"Everything's fine, get some rest," I smiled.

"No, something's wrong," Hunter examined my eyes I tried to look away but he stopped me. "I've had a sister for the past 26 years, I know when something is wrong, and I won't sleep until you tell me what it is."

"I just... Sometimes I wonder what the point of all this is."

"What do you mean?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I mean, what's the point of life? We're all going to die someday anyways."

"The point of life," he played with a strand of my hair. "The point of life, is to live. To experience things and have fun."

I watched as he wrapped my hair around his finger, "But everything always comes to an end, so what's the point of doing them in the first place."

"The point of it all is to look back on these things one day and smile, because it was life and you lived it." He took my hand and placed it to my chest, "do you feel that?" I nodded. "That's your heartbeat, it's been keeping you alive for the past 22 years of your life. It's been with you through your roughest times and the most joyful. It's the one who cheers you on and supports you when no one is there. Now, would it still be beating if it thought that life wasn't worth living? Your heart works so hard for you to be alive without you even knowing it."

"I just wish that things were different, that the people that I've lost were still here."

He sighed, "some people just aren't meant to stay, but that doesn't mean that they wanted to leave. They were here to play a chapter of your life, but at the end of the day, you end the story."

"I guess," I said. "Thanks."

He pecked my forehead, "anytime." he turned over and turned of the lamp. "We should get some sleep."

"Yeah, we should," I agreed my eyes getting droopy. "Goodnight, Hunter."

As I let sleep consume me, I heard Hunter whisper something along the lines of, "some people are here to play just a chapter of your life, and even if I'm just a part in your life, you'll always be the full story in mine." The last thing I remember was being pulled into a warm body and kiss on my cheek, "sweet dreams miel."

*****

I woke up to an empty bed the next morning. I groaned from the sunlight beaming into the room and stretched. Slowly, I got up and looked over and saw a note on the nightstand with my name on it. I picked it up and saw my name written on the front with a heart beside it. I unfolded it and read the note.

Angel eyes,

I'm down at the police station for the morning, there's food in the fridge and Erica is over. She's taking you out for lunch today. I'll see you in the afternoon. Have a good morning, muffin.

Hunter :)

Xx

I smiled as I put the note down and shook my head. Him and his nicknames...

I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready, I was pretty excited that Erica was here and I didn't want to keep her waiting downstairs.

After taking a quick shower and blow drying my hair, I slipped into a pair of black skinny jeans, and band t-shirt and pulled my hair up into a messy bun. I didn't bother with makeup and went downstairs.

Erica was waiting in the living room and when she saw me, she quickly ran over and gave me a huge hug, "I've missed you so much Payton!"

"We've literally been talking everyday on the phone," I laughed squeezing her.

"That isn't enough," she exclaimed letting me go. "I need to see you!"

"Babe, give her some space," a man's voice said. We turned around and saw a tall man with brown eyes and a scruff. His long black hair was tamed into a man bun. He reached out to shake my hand, "Hi I'm Chris, " he said with a smile. "Erica's-"

"Personal pain in the ass," Erica cut him off with a smirk.

"For your information, I have a great ass," he said with an offended look on his face.

"You don't have a great ass," she said as Chris stuck out his tongue. "You my dear, have a fat ass."

"Alright, alright. After being with you for over eight years I've learnt to just not argue with anything you say."

"Good boy," she patted his head and snickered.

Chris gave her a peck on the lips, "alright, enough of that. I made breakfast for the three of us, then after that we'll be on our way to the mall where the two of you can shop to your heart's desire."

"Hey, Halloween is up in a few weeks, we should get some couple costumes," Erica suggested.

Chris scrunched his nose up, "That's really cheesy and I'm lactose intolerant."

She put up her left hand and showed him her wedding ring, "that's what you signed up for when asking me to marry you."

He started laughing, "alright, but we're going to have to find Payton and Hunter their costumes as well."

My eyes widened, "NO, we are NOT doing that."

"Oh yes we are," they both said with a huge smile on their face. "We're throwing a huge Halloween part at our place and everyone is going to be in their with their costumes," Erica explained. "You HAVE to do something with Hunter."

"Does Hunter know about this?" I crossed my arms.

"Of course! He's the one who told me to come over today and find you two a costume!"

"What a traitor," I grumbled. Of course he's do something like this.

Chris poked me, "come one, lighten up, it'll be fun!"

"Alright," I smiled.

"Good," he said walking back to the kitchen. "Now come one, breakfast is getting cold."

After breakfast, Bill came to pick us up in a jeep. "What happened to the limo?" I asked.

"We don't really like to stand out too much when we're out. It's too dangerous," Erica explained.

"Yeah," Chris helped the two of us into the car. "The last time we went out in our limo, we got attacked by fangirls screaming and trying to get a picture with us."

"Come on Chris, they were only there for you," Erica pointed out. "But I mean, who wouldn't want to get a piece of you."

"Okay, enough with the flirting children," Bill climbed into the front seat and started the car. "Leggo."

We arrived in front of a huge Halloween store.

Chris, Erica and I walked in and were instantly hit by the scent of pumpkin pie. The whole store was misty from a fog machine and there was cackling in the background. The ceilings had cobwebs and everything just had a spooky vibe to it. "This place is so cool!" I said excitedly.

"Wait until you see the costumes," Chris said leading the way. We walked over to one aisle and Chris pulled out two costumes. "what about... Mustard and Ketchup?"

"That's unoriginal," Erica yawned. "Literally every couple wears that for Halloween"

"Fine," he mumbled putting the two costumes away. "I'll just have to find a wife who can handle my unoriginal-ness." He huffed and walked away.

Erica just stood there and chuckled, "Chris is always acting like a two year-old, I often wonder why I married a man-child. But I love him anyways."

"Is that what love feels like?" I asked with a smile. "Like no matter what happens, you'll always be there for the person?"

She nodded, "They're like your oxygen, and no matter what, even if the air you're breathing from them is toxic, you'll stay even if it kills you."

"Hey! I found some more costumes over here guys!" Chris yelled from another aisle.

"Well, we shouldn't keep him waiting," Erica took my hand and started walking.

At that moment my phone buzzed and I stopped to check the caller ID, it was Gideon.

"One moment," I told Erica as she let go of my hand. I picked up and answered, "Hello?"

"Hey Payton," Gideon said. "It's Jordan, you have to get over here, quick."

Panic set in, "is everything okay Gideon?"

"Just get over here as soon as possible," he said quickly. Erica gave me a worried look and I mouthed to her, 'I'll tell you later.' She nodded giving me an understanding smile.

"Alright," I said giving Erica a quick smile. "I'll be there as soon as possible."

As I was about to hang up, Gideon added, "By the way, #TeamPayton and #TeamTiffany is trending on social media."

I stopped right in my tracks, "wait, what!?"

OOh cliffhanger, you'll have to see what happens in the next chapter ;)

Until next time... <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 1.3K 66
{Book #4 of The Winters Series} Five years out of school, and five years that Winters Group had prospered and grown after it's full reset. But some a...
433K 15K 44
"You can't go out now. The werewolf is roaming the forests." ........ Alexia Summer had no clue what she was going to get herself into when the two c...
22.3K 782 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...
2.1M 76.5K 62
#1 ambivalent love series Highest rank #23 in romance Meet Britondii Luca - the simple 23 years old woman living with her best friend Lucas,the proud...