Treat You Better - A Shawn Me...

By GeekEvergirl

[Winner of The Fanfiction Award 2017 for Best Magcon/OGOC Fanfiction] Sadie Salvay, a girl who is never in tr... More

The Beginning of Everything
Just Another Day
He Does Not Even Know My Name
The Guy Who Fixed Me
The Muffin Man
Dr. Mendes
Pyjama Party Invasion
Finally Understood
That's Totally Unfair
Princess
Life of the Party
The Miracle
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
If This is What it Takes
I Seriously Hate Lying
Close Your Eyes
I'll Always Be There
Never Be Alone
I'm Like a Grandpa
She Doesn't Believe it
New Kid in Town
If I Was There Instead
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?
Birthday Boy
I'm Just a Broken Girl
Bringing Her Back
I've Got it All
You Can Do This
The Awards Ceremony
Boys Like You Exist
You Have Some Cool Friends
He's Too Much For Her
The Girl I Want
Treat You Better
We Need to Talk
Hiding Things
Cameras and I are Old Enemies
Can't Even Draw a Heart
Just Do Your Thing
I Meant It
Blackout
I Promise
I'll See You Soon
You Don't Like Christmas?
Weren't Months Enough Already
*Author's Note*
You Know You Love Us
Photographs
Honest
I Know What It Is
A Great Team
The Girl That He Deserves
Bad Night's Sleep
Girls' Day Out
You Listen to Me, Ok?
Climbing Out The Window
A Real Christmas
Gift Exchange
And Yet Another Goodbye
Special Days and a Surprise
Trust
Trips to the Mall
The Perfect Birthday
Make A Wish
Our Song
Only One Place
Look At It, Sadie
Just Listen
Calls at Midnight
Take Your Time
Priceless
Proven Wrong
Don't You Ever Get Tired?
Said But Not Felt
*Please Read!*
You'll Love It
Casting Spells
Something Princess Adequete
Useless
Time Flies
*Imagines book is out!*
Someone
Stupid Excuse
Dark Room
Memories After All
Perfectly Imperfect
Glue
Limits
You Don't Know Me
Voices in my Head
Why Couldn't I Be Too?
Girl Codes
None of Your Business
Another Promise
Stay with Me
No Control
Special Mail
Now He Knew My Name
With You
A Few Changes
Empty Home
Difficult
*FOR NEW AND OLD READERS*
We'll Be Alright
Now I'm Ready
We Actually Managed It
*10/05/2017 💕*
No Matter The Odds
Patience
Caught in the Act (Finale Part 1)
If Only I Knew (Finale Part 2)
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
Bonus 1 | Plans for the Big Day
*THANK YOU*
Bonus 2 | The Big Day
*New Story Out!*
Extra passage 1 | Truth or Dare
Extra passage 2 | The Interview
Bonus 3 | What the Actual Fu-
*Another new story!*
Bonus 4 | Finding The Truth
Bonus 5 | Family Quality Time
*The FanFiction Awards*
Bonus 6 | Next Generation One-shots
SPINOFF #1 OUT
Better and improved TYB!
Update on everything

Something Right

26K 776 426
By GeekEvergirl

........................................................
Hi people! How have you been?

Here is a bran new chapter for you! I hope you enjoy it. So I haven't made a question for you guys last chapter, but I will for this one. And it is:

What is your favorite book/s? I have so many, this question is so difficult for me. I love Divergent, Percy Jackson (Heroes of Olympus included), Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Shatter Me, The School for Good and Evil, Girl Online and Anna and the French Kiss. I just can't pick one...

I am so proud of Shawn! Today he just won two prizes, and I AM SO HAPPY! Shawn deserves everything that's good that comes to him. And thank you guys for 14K reads! This story is growing in terms of reads so fast, it is kind of scary because I really don't want to let you guys down with a crappy ending. I am telling you, I am trying my very best! Really, thank you so much for everything; the nice comments, the votes, the follows...

Have a good reading! :)

Xxx,

Sara
........................................................
Sadie's POV:

"Princesses first." Shawn beams at me as he holds the door wide open for me, letting me go inside to the warm restaurant first. I chuckled and went in, a smile I imagine just as big as Shawn's on my face too.

"Thank you, my Prince Philip." I tease, noting back to the prince who stays with Sleeping Beauty, the princess Shawn always compares me with. Though I don't think I am much like her, disregarding the sleeping thing. I think I am more like Belle from "Beauty and the Beast". But now that I think of it, Shawn does remind me of Prince Philip in terms of appearence.

As I step inside the restaurant, I feel the warm and cozy air enveloping me, and I instantly feel the need of taking my coat off. Shawn was quickly by my side again after closing my door, and we go up to the front desk.

As we wait for someone to appear behind the front desk, Shawn puts an arm around me, and smiling at me, he kisses my cheek. My heart flips over with this sudden act of his, and I can't help but smile brighter.

"What was that for?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"Do I need a reason to kiss my beautiful girlfriend?" He answers with a question of his own, and I feel my cheeks that were numb from the cold receive heat with his words. Shawn had been like this the whole day, though it wasn't unusual of him at all to compliment me so much or to give spontaneous shows of affection (when we were actually together). I wondered if it was the guilt of hiding something from me making him act like this.

However being with him and actually being next to him made me so happy. I don't remember being anywhere close to this in the past few months, and when I was, it had been all thanks to my friends. I had tried my best to not feel sad while being away from him, but sometimes the distance got me hard. Especially on the first days.

"Come on people, cheer up!" Violet said to Ella and I, who had barely spoken anything. I continued looking at my plate, playing around with the spaghetti with my fork as I reminisced over the last moments I had had with Shawn the previous day.

Ella looked deep in thought, and I knew that the reason behind was a boy too, and it was Sean.

"Ok, I kind of get why Sadie is like this. I know you are sad, but it won't change what Shawn feels for you. As long as you guys want this to work, it will. And in no time you guys will be togther. But Ella?" She turned to the girl with fading blue stripes of hair. "I am sorry to say, but you are so freaking stupid. Why, but why did you do that?" Violet asks, incredibly frustrated with her friend's decisions. To be honest, I was really lost with this whole situation. I just knew it involved Sean and the fact that she had disappeared during Aria's party while Bailey and Violet had been beating Jason up. I wanted to know more, but if she didn't tell me, I respected that and wasn't going to insist.

"I don't need any cheering up, I am perfectly fine, see?" Ella says as she smiles and points at her forced smile. "And I know that I was stupid, but it doesn't matter anymore."

I suddenly imagined Shawn here, coming up with something that made Ella cheer up and would end up with this tense atmosphere, always being the person who brightens the day of the people around him. He would have been able to fill my heart with the warmth I felt was missing, the piece I felt he had taken with him. If he was here I wouldn't be feeling like how I was feeling. Empty.

When I had arrived home that day, I remembered it had been the first time I had cried with him gone. I hadn't until that point, trying to maintain as strong as I could, but as they always end up doing, my walls crumbled.

"Welcome, good afternoon! Wait... Shawn!" The middle aged woman that came up behind the desk said with a smile, as she recognized him.

"Yes, it's been a while, huh?" He asks smiling as brightly, happy to be back.

"Yes! And you are still getting taller! I always remember you coming here with your parents when you were shorter than me, or when you came here with your friends. Oh these kids... They grow up fast." She mumbles, getting kind of lost in her thoughts. The woman then turns to me, and not recognizing me, she asks, "and who have we got here? Is this pretty girl your girlfriend?"

"Actually yes, this is Sadie. She is visting me from South America." Shawn answers for me, his tone cheerful.

"Aww, you guys make a cute couple! I'm Jules. So I guess it's a table for two?"

She takes us to our table, which is a booth near the window. I liked it, as we could see the snow gently falling outside. I don't know what it was, but there is something about snow that is so mesmerizing. As I watch the snow fall gently from the pale sky, I suddenly drift off in my thoughts, my smile fading, all of the things that I always try so hard to keep at the back of my mind taking over.

"Sadie?" Shawn calls me, and snapping back to reality, I realize I probably was acting just like Shawn had back on that Family Night in New York. I turn to him, who is looking at me with amusement, a half smile playing along is lips.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I apologize, and realize that Jules is waiting for me to ask for something, probably a drink. I do so, and she leaves to go and get what we asked for.

"Are you okay? You were so cheerful until now, and suddenly you seem so distant." Shawn asks with concern, and takes one of my hands which was resting on the table in his. I smile at this act his, him showing me that he cares. But sometimes I wondered if this was good or bad. I wasn't worth it.

"Yes Shawn I'm okay, thank you. Just some things on my mind." I reply vaguely, shrugging in a way that would show him that the matter was not important.

"Princess, is it still about what we talked about yesterday?" He asks me, but unlike how he reacted yesterday which was laughing, he sounded and looked deadly serious. His grip on my hand was even stronger, in a reassuring way. "Sadie, you know I would never do that, I swear to god-"

"No Shawn, it's not that." I cut him, smiling at him reassuringly as I brought my free hand to his hands. "I believe in you ok?" It was true, that wasn't bothering me anymore. At least for the time being.

"Something more is bothering you. You didn't tell me everything." He insists, his eyes piercing mine so intensely that it made me weak on the inside.

"I-It's not important, really. It's stupid." I state, doing my best to keep looking straight at him and not looking down.

"Then what is it?" He asks once more, leaning forward so his face was closer to mine, and his expression transmitted nothing more than pure concern and worry. "Please Sadie, don't hide this. I hate seeing you like this. Maybe I can help."

"I am not the only one hiding things." I say without even thinking twice, the words flowing from my mouth like a river. What the hell was wrong with me? I had told myself that I would let this go, I wouldn't bother to get upset over this. I was upset over enough things already.

Before Shawn can say something about this, Jules arrives with our drinks, and we thank her. As she walks away, I thought that we had came with the same kind of agreement whenever we come whenever Shawn and I had little discussions: drop the subject. But apparently Shawn wasn't on the agreement.

"Shit, I had to ruin it, hadn't I?" Shawn asks himself and sighs, and I turn back to him, only to find him looking kind of disappointed. "What I was doing this morning... It's for you. A surprise. That's why I didn't tell you." He says, and suddenly I feel so mad at myself. How could I have doubted him? "You'll find out soon, I promise. You'll like it. Well, I hope you do." He chuckles, and smiles at me. I felt my heart getting bigger a thousand times because of this boy, and I smile too.

"A surprise? For me? But...Why?" I ask smiling, not getting how on Earth this, Shawn and I, happened. I don't deserve him. At all. He was too good for me.

"For you to see that I-" He stops himself, probably feeling like he was saying too much. "You'll see."

As this information was given to me, I smiled. Every cell of my body screamed "I love you", so much that I nearly said it. But I couldn't say it. At least not yet.

As we both leaned forwards and our lips nearly touched, we stopped midair as both of us heard someone, and we parted, realizing we had company. I looked down at my lap, my hair shielding my burning face as I chewed on my lip, embarrassed. Shawn had also a smile on his lips, kind of smug, as he turned to the three girls.

"We're sorry, we didn't want to interrupt, we saw you and we are huge fans so we came here and well..." The girl in the middle says, feeling guilty. Shawn shakes his head, smiling politely.

"It's ok. Do you guys want a picture?" He asks, and they three nod, smiling excitedly.

"Yes please!"

Shawn takes a selfie with each of them, and I offer to take a photo of them all together, which makes them start to be warmer towards me. I guess I couldn't blame them, as I am a very awkward person myself, and they couldn't know wether I was going to be nice to them or not as they don't know anything of me. After they thanked us, they left smiling, and Shawn and took our seats again.

The rest of the meal went on just as well, we talked and laughed and I had a great time, just as I always have whenever I am with Shawn. We had just finished eating when his phone started ringing, and looking at the caller, he rejected it, and looked back up at me as if rejecting calls was the most natural thing.

"Why did you decline that call?" I ask him.

"I told you when you invited Aaliyah along that I wanted today to be completely dedicated to us." He answers, but I felt bad.

"What if it was something important?"

He shakes his head. "It wasn't, I'll just text her later and ask what it was about, though I have my suspicions." Before I could even debate on wether I should ask him who he meant by "her", his phone starts ringing again. This time he hesitates on rejecting, probably asking himself the same question I had just asked him. What if it was something important?

Shawn looks up at me, and smiling, I nod. "Go for it, really." He picks up his phone, and answers the call.

"Hey Lari." He starts, confirming my suspicions. She says something, and after a while, he answers.

"I'm sorry, I can't today... But wasn't Brian planning something for tomorrow? We'll meet tomorrow then." Larissa says something more, and Shawn squints his eyes, kind of confused.

"Yes, I'm with her..." He says swapping a look with me, and shrugs. Some few moments pass by, and he seems really confused now.

"Bye, see ya." Shawn ends the call, and putting it down, he continues with a confused expression.

"Everything alright?" I ask him, and he nods.

"Yeah, it's just... Why does she act always like that?" He asks, and I still was kind of lost, so he explained it to me. "Since always, whenever I was in a relationship, she always got moody whenever I said I had a date whenever she tried to plan something, or whatever. But why?" He asks, and I had to hold in the laughs with all my might. Shawn really is blind.

Even though it was very much clear Larissa's intentions with him, I still decided that something like that should come from her, not me. So I simple state, "She just misses you a lot."

"You're right." He nods, putting this matter behind him. "Oh, I nearly forgot. Brian invited us over to his house tomorrow. You're coming right?" He asks, looking incredibly excited. I plaster a smile on my face, though inside, I was shaking. This was it. I was meeting Shawn's friends. I just really hope I get as along with them as Shawn does with my friends.

After eating our desserts (of course I had to eat one) and Shawn and I had our usual debate on who pays what (I managed to convince him of splitting the bill), we left the booth, and waving Jules goodbye, we file into his jeep. I didn't know what was next on the list for the Pickering tour, though I knew that wherever it was and I was with Shawn, it would be great.

"Oh, we forgot to finish off something." Shawn says, before he even starts the car.

"What?" I turn to him, and get surprised to see that his face, which had a fake innocent smile, was centimeters away from mine. I chuckle just before his lips meet mine, and I feel us both smiling into the kiss. My heart pounds faster against my chest, and the way he kissed me reminded me of the same kiss we shared when he had asked me to be his girlfriend, and I had said yes.

Suddenly I forget for a moment all my doubts, even if it was for just a second. The way Shawn acted showed me that he did like me, wether the fact that somebody like him feels something for me was insane and surreal. But if he did feel something, I have to have done something right. Maybe I wasn't that bad?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 5.2K 26
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
50.2K 995 20
After Rita's father ran off because he had double-crossed a gang leader, Louis set his mind to take away one thing that Rita's father loved the most...
446K 14.1K 22
"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I say to the person I bump into. He's rather tall and has a muscular body. "No, I'm sorry. Here let me get your books," a voice...