Distance||Calum Hood

By fallenfivesos

A lot can change in 2 years and it's all because of the distance. *SEQUEL TO BULLY* More

important
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
*NOT AN UPDATE*
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty - last chapter
Should I do this??? - Character Q&A

twelve

1.9K 47 20
By fallenfivesos

*Katie's POV*

"No!" I laughed as I held onto my stomach, not feeling the awful period cramps I should be feeling.

"Go on" Alex laughed as he lay at the bottom of my bed, while I lay with my back against the headboard. I sat up slightly and threw a skittle into his mouth while we both cheered.

He crawled towards me, swallowing the skittle as he began to tickle me. I started to laugh uncontrollably while I tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

It didn't take long for our lips to meet as they moved in sync. I brought my hand up to sit on his cheek as he cracked a smile.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked kissing Alex but when we did I couldn't help but always feel as if there was something missing from it. But I couldn't exactly figure out what it was.

Our thoughts were interrupted by someone knocking on my apartment door.

"Can you get that, I need to pee" I laughed as Alex nodded, chuckling to himself and went to answer the door as I went to the bathroom.

After doing my business, I washed my hands and brushed off my skirt as I left the bathroom and headed to my lounge to see that everyone was here.

By everyone, I meant, the boys along with Becca, Maddie and even blondie.

I couldn't stand her but I didn't want to start any drama so I didn't say anything.

I hadn't spoke to Calum, apart from the occasional 'hi', since the encounter at my work but I was glad.

I'd moved on.

"Oh, hey guys" I laughed looking at everyone.

"Hey Kat" Luke answered as he flicked through my tv, "There's pizza."

I nodded and went and grabbed a slice from the bar table.

"Why do you look fancy?" Ashton asked, scrunching up his nose.

"I'm not fancy, am I?" I asked looking down at what I was wearing, a simple skirt with a beige shoulder less top.

"Ohh, were you and Alex on a date?" Michael said nudging me and wiggling his eyebrows.

"Maybe we were" I replied, wiggling my eyebrows as well.

"Shh, some of us are watching this" Calum snapped looking at Michael and I.

The room fell silent and I looked to Michael who just shrugged.

"You know, as much as I like all of your wonderful presences, I really don't think we should hang out at my place, my couch is too small for like nine of us"

"But it's cosy" Luke whined pulling Becca closer to him.

"Easy for you to say Hemmings, you have a cuddly girlfriend, I have nothing" Michael said pointing to himself.

I left Luke and Michael arguing about something while I went to answer the door as I heard a knock.

"Vanessa, hey!" I smiled as she stood at my door holding a tray of brownies.

"Hey, I hope you don't mind, I got bored at home and made way too many brownies so I brought you some"

"You know I'll never turn down brownies, come in" I said opening the door wider as she stepped in and looked around as I realised she hadn't seen my place yet. I guessed Alex had told her where I lived.

"Oh um.. the guys, they're in the now and uh-"

"Katie, come and back me up that pineapp- Vanessa.." Michael appeared from behind me as his eyes locked with hers.

"Michael.."

"Uh, I'll go" I nodded as I left and walked to the lounge.

----

*Michael's POV*

"Katie, come and back me up that pineapp- Vanessa.." My mouth flew open as I looked at her. How was she even here?

"Michael.." She replied, slightly nodding her head at me while Katie muttered something about leaving.

My eyes stayed focused on hers as it grew silent.

"So, you're back..?" I asked mentally hitting myself, obviously she's back.

"Uh, yeah I guess, I'm still trying to figure out where I belong" She nodded shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

"You belong here" I whispered to myself.

"What?" She asked.

"Oh, uh nothing" I replied as I stood up straight, putting on my 'tough' face.

"Michael, can we talk?" She asked.

"We're talking right now" I replied dryly.

"You know what I mean" She replied folding her arms just as Ashton and Maddie came out into the hallway giggling and kissing.

"Not here" I said as I grabbed her arm and opened a random door which turned out to be Katie's bedroom.

It was better than standing in the hall with Ashton and Maddie kissing.

"We need to talk about what happened with this Crystal girl" She said and leaned against the wall while I sat on the bed.

"Nothing happened, she's a friend"

"Really because the pictures certainly made it look like you were more than friends" She said.

"What does it matter to you, you fucked someone else when you were meant to be with me!"

"You were over the other side of the world Michael! How the fuck was I meant to be with you, I missed you!"

"You think I didn't miss you as well? I didn't go fucking other girls and I certainly didn't do anything with Crystal"

----

*Katie's POV*

We all sat in my lounge. I was on the floor, my back against the couch next to Luke.

We could hear Michael and Vanessa arguing in my room but new it would be best not to interrupt.

Ashton and Maddie had came back after having an extreme makeout session.

"Turn the tv up, I can't listen to them arguing anymore" I mumbled to whoever had the control.

"This is your fault, you know" Calum spoke up as I turned my head round confused to see if he was talking to me, he was.

"How could this possibly be my fault?"

"You shouldn't have invited Vanessa in" He shrugged.

"Hey man, this isn't Katie's fault, they would've had to deal with this at some point" Alex added looking to Calum.

"Hey man, butt out yeah?" Calum replied.

"Don't be rude Calum" Ashton added as Calum glared at him.

"Amber can you get your foot out of my face" Maddie said disgusted as Amber yelled at Maddie.

Soon enough, everyone in the room was arguing with someone about something.

It ended up that everyone was mad at everyone else for some reason.

"I'm leaving"

"No way am I getting in the car with you"

"Don't touch me!"

"Back off"

Then the door was slammed, several times and it was just Alex, Luke and I left.

"Well that was stupid" I answered as they both nodded and Vanessa came out from the bedroom and walked straight out of the door.

Michael came out shortly after and sighed plopping down onto the couch.

"Everyone was arguing in here as well" Luke sighed as Michael nodded.

"Everything here is falling apart" I sighed and hugged a pillow, "I should've stayed in China"

----

"One burger and one macaroni" I smiled at the elderly couple, "Can I get you anything else?"

"No thank you dear" The woman smiled as I matched her actions and left, opening the door to the kitchen.

"Hey Katie, do you mind taking that broken chair outside?" One of my co-workers, Jim asked.

"Sure" I smiled and picked up the chair, while opening the back door.

I stepped out into the cold air as I threw the chair into the dumpster outside the work as I turned around and jumped seeing Calum in front of me.

"Round 2, what do you say?" He asked as he moved my hair away from my neck.

"I say, no. Calum you have a girlfriend and I have a boyfriend, who I like, very much and I'm not going to ruin it with your little fling"

"Katie you know that you-"

"No, Calum. Stop it. When I came back from China, for one, I was definitely not expecting to see you and when I did, I expected you to be the kind, sweet...sensitive guy that I knew. I wanted the Calum that I knew. Honestly your apology was lousy and it's like you aren't even trying to make it up to me, all you're doing is ruining everything around us, our friends, my job, my boyfriend. Look honestly, it's better if we just stay apart because I don't want to ruin anything else, if it isn't ruined already" I rolled my eyes and walked to the back door, opening it.

"Nope" Calum said as I turned round to look at him, "No" He continued shaking his head, "Nu uh, I'm gonna prove you wrong" He nodded as I watched him run down the street and turn the corner.

----

It all started from there. The guys were playing a special show, it wasn't in Sydney though, but Hollywood.

Of course, there was several people in our group that refused to go places if a person they didn't like was there.

So I had no clue how the show was going to work out.

"Luke, hey, I'm outside" I spoke through the phone and then hung up after earning a response from him.

The lift door opened and Luke appeared in his black skinny's and a shirt that had the top few buttons undone.

I stepped in beside him as he pulled me in for a hug and pressed the '16' button.

"Hey, gimme your phone" He said as I looked at him confused but pulled my phone out my back jean pocket and handed it to him while he typed something in.

"What's that?" I asked peering over his shoulder.

"The code" He answered and held it under the scanner as the doors unlocked.

"Oh, thanks" I laughed taking it and putting it in my pocket again.

"So, you and becca, are things good?"

"They're alright I guess, she got mad at me the other day at your place when everyone was arguing"

"Why?" I asked sitting on the counter and eating a bit of chocolate from a bar that was already sitting there.

"Because I may or may not have tripped Amber up on purpose and Becca thinks that I'll do the same to her"

"Wow" I answered, raising my eyebrows as he nodded and took a bit of chocolate too.

"I don't like all of this arguing" He spoke up as I nodded, staring at the ground.

"Me either" I replied as I pulled my phone out, "Let's fix it."

I sent a text to everyone to meet at the guys place, without telling them everyone was coming and sooner or later everyone was here.

Everyone sat in silence as Luke and I stood, watching everyone.

"Look guys-"

"No way are we getting a 'pep talk' right now Hemmings" Calum spoke up as some people laughed.

"All I'm saying is we've fell out over stupid things and it's tearing us apart and soon some of us won't even say hi to each other in the street. Our band could break up because of this. People in relationships can break up because of this" He continued, looking at Becca on the last part.

"All Luke's saying is that we should just move on from the stupid arguing, so we can all enjoy having us all here at the same time because it isn't going to last that long" I continued as some people nodded.

"So can we-"

"GROUP HUG" Michael yelled and stood up, dragging the person closest to him, Maddie, up with him.

Everyone laughed and eventually everyone was up in a big circle.

Ashton took the opportunity to play some music as this soon seemed to turn into a mini dance circle.

I felt someone hug me from behind as I jumped slightly but relaxed, seeing it was only Alex as he pecked my cheek and I hugged him close.

I looked around at everyone to see Luke and Becca kissing, Michael and Maddie were talking, Calum was with Ashton and Vanessa, it was only at this time that I realised Amber wasn't here which I was fine about.

My eyes caught Calum's as Alex hugged me and Calum gave me a slight smile as I returned the action and watched everyone dancing around.

----

A/N

This was so shit ahaha sorry don't attack me, at this point I have no
clue where this story is going but oh well

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.5K 3.1K 52
⤷ something is wrong, i can't explain. everything changed when the birds came. [completed] → content warning: depression anxiety ...
78.7K 4.8K 33
Six years away. You would think your best friend would be happy you're back home. ☹☼
138K 1.8K 70
Title explains it all....