A GIRL LIKE YOU > 80's URBAN...

By -brownscgar

❝YO, YOU BE ILLIN'!❞ In which a group of black teenagers face difficult obstacles and series of unexpected ci... More

CRINGE IF U WANNA.
TRIGGER WARNINGS!
Cast/Playlist
i.
ii.
iii.
iv
v.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi
xii
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii
xxiii.
xxvi.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
lii.
liii.
liv.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
EPILOGUE | "CLASS OF 1989."
the note.
THE SEQUEL IS OUT

vi.

2.6K 180 309
By -brownscgar

It's 7:30 in the morning and my aunt's boyfriend is already bugging. I'm eating breakfast and he just comes downstairs with some blue robe and some nonsense.

I was busy eating my cereal until he came downstairs, all groggy and shit, as he opened the refrigerator door and drank milk out the carton.

"You know, Nia? I'm gonna be your new father one day." He comments out of the blue as he continued to drink the milk.

"How are you going to be my new father? Don't you mean uncle? And second of all, I don't even know your name so.....yeah." I replied with a small smile.

"You don't need to know and it's the same difference." He retorts with a mean mug.

"Yeah, I gotta go to school." I comment as I adjusted my uniform collar and started to walk out. "Hey, and if Dee comes in, tell her I already left for school, thanks."

Just after I said that, Dee comes downstairs with some silky pink pajamas. "Uh, Nia before you go..."

"Yes?" I said walking up to her.

"I have some good news for you. Your cousin Larenz is coming back from jail tomorrow." Dee said as she smiled.

I don't know why she was smiling for, but I had a very disgusted look on my face. Me and Larenz had history, and it's not that good.

Okay, long story short, Larenz used to be in a blood gang called Bompton Bloods. He always used to gangbang, not go to school, and be hanging out with the bloods from Central Ave. Life was all "good" for him, that is until he got caught for allegedly murdering a young Compton native because he didn't pay his money on time. Larenz spent 2 years in jail for that, but tomorrow he's coming out early due to good behavior. I don't see the good behavior type but good for him.

But for me? We never liked each other that much because he always tried to bring me to his problems and his problems are obviously more dangerous than mines right now. To add on, he was always close to some street nigga named Caine. Now, Caine was actually cute, but he moved to North Compton back in June with his grandparents.

"Why that disgusted face for?" Dee said to me.

"Uh, I don't know, I gotta go-"

"Wait, before you go on, he'll be attending your school also, so you have to get him comfortable in this school so that he can have.....a better life at least." Dee said as she cleaned the dirt out of her nails.

"Yeah, copy. Bye, Dee." I said as I made my way out the door.

I was making my way to school, until I saw Cube coming out of his house.

He waved at me and I waved back. He walked up to me. "Well, good morning." He said.

"Good morning to you, too." I replied with a small smile.

"Why you wearing that crusty ass uniform?" He commented.

I playfully rolled my eyes. "I thought everyone was gonna wear uniform this year."

"You thought wrong." He said as he laughed.

"Man, shut up." I said as I laughed also. "But, can I tell you something?"

"Spill."

"Alright, so I was outside last night right? And I was going to the store. Then, these crips, all of a sudden, question me if I knew Eric-"

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah. Say that again?" Cube said as he looked concerned.

"I walked to the store last night and these Kelly Crips are questioning if I knew Eric." I explained to Cube.

"Did you say yes?"

"No." I gave a sincere response.

"Good, because they don't fuck with him anymore." Cube reveals to me.

"I'm sorry for being nosey but why?" I questioned him with curiosity while we continued to walk.

"It's a long story but I'll tell you. Back in 85 or 86, he was a part of the crips called Kelly Park Compton Crips. In the 9th and 10th grade was his worse two years of high school. I mean, the nigga was skipping class, cursing at teachers, getting arrested for assaulting women, I can go on and on and on about his past." Cube explicated some brief parts of the past that I think Eric must've veiled for a true protracted period of time.

My face was covered in shock when I heard the honest words coming from Cube's mouth. "Oh my god. Can you like, tell more about this?"

"Alright, he also used to sell rocks. Like he was drug dealer."

"You're kidding right?" I reacted still in a state of shock.

"I am dead serious. But when the 11th grade hit, he just dropped everything and just focused on his education and basketball. He left the drug game, and the crips also. But the thing is, that he never told them that he was leaving, so that's why they don't like him anymore." Cube added on.

I'm actually suprised at the fact that Eric used to be a crip, use to sell rocks, and being terrible in school. But just because Cube is spilling all the tea to me, doesn't mean I won't have feelings for him still.

"Wow......this is-"

"Unbelievable, right?" Cube gave the words right out of my mouth.

"Hell, yeah it is." I responded.

*****

It was first period and luckily, I had class with Jada but Regina and some of her crew was there.

"Yo, guess what?" Jada whispered as I read a section on my Algerbra textbook.

I looked over to her, "What happened?"

"So, me and Pac.....did it last night." Jada said as she closed her mouth from smiling.

I felt a paper ball thrown to my head and some giggling from the back, but I never mind.

"You? Pac? Had sex? I.....girl." I said as I smiled.

"Mmm, hmm." She smirked as she bit the end of her pencil.

"So, did it hurt?" I questioned. I know I'm being a pervert right now, but a girl gotta do what I gotta do.

"It did, exactly for a while but in the middle it started to feel real good." Jada remarked as I sqeualed.

I felt another paper ball thrown to the back of my head, this time Jada stood up.

"Ever since Eric won the game, y'all bitches wanna be throwing shit now right? Do me a favor and leave us alone." Jada spat at Regina as half the class stared.

Regina sat up, "Who the fuck you think you talking to like that-"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey! If you girls wanna fight, fight outside but not inside my classroom! If you can't do either, then ascort yourself to the office!" The teacher yelled in between both of them.

Jada gave Regina one final mean mug, then walked back to her seat next to me. "Fugly ass bitch." Regina insulted under breath.

"What did you say?" Jada yelled.

"Mind your own goddamn business." Regina yelled as she sat next to her crew.

"Thought so, scary ass hoe." Jada spat as she turned to me.

I gave her a small snicker, "Regina must be scared of you.

"Because she is, the fuck? Everyone when I'm around, she be running out of things to say, she'll look around, she'll stutter, obviously the bitch is scared of me but she ain't scared of you." Jada remarked.

"Let me guess. Because I'm more quieter, inactive, and I don't talk that much?" I questioned.

Jada nodded her head. "Yeah, she must prolly pick on people who are like that. But she is scared to face people like me." She said as she laughed.

"But moving on to another topic, did you see Michel'le anywhere today?" I asked.

"No, why?" Jada's response was a inquiry.

"I don't know, because Dre ain't here also."

Jada took a minute to respond back, before she spoke up again.

"We can go to her house and see what's going on after school, cool?" Jada gave a suggestion.

My face scrunched up. "How did you know where she lives?"

"I went to her house yesterday. Dummy." Jada replied, while I had zero knowledge of her going to her crib yesterday.

I sighed and the school bell finally rang, thank god I'm done with this dramatic class.

"Um, don't forget to study for tomorrow's quiz and bring back your Algerbra project by friday!" The teacher informed us as we left, but nobody listened.

Jada sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. "I have History, sadly. 2 periods." She said.

"Man, well I'll see you at lunch." I said to her as I gave her a hug.

"Yeah, bye." Jada said as she hugged me back and went to history.

Before going to my next class, I made my way to the bathroom.

"Is anybody here?" I yelled as I walked in.

I shrugged my shoulders and started to dig in my eyes if I have some eye crust inside them. I know it sounds weird but to me, it's really important.

I heard a loud bang open, and it was Regina and her ugly crew.

I jumped up as they walked in. "Fuck you jumping for, Nia?" Regina said as some of the girls in the back laughed.

"Um...uh nothing." I said nervously as goosebumps started to show all over my body.

"You scared?" One of the girls in the back yelled, laughing.

"I-i-i gotta go." I said as I picked up my books and tried to leave but Regina then pushed me to the wall, making them fall in impact.

"No, no, no, no. Where do you think you're going?" Regina questioned as she held one finger in the air.

"Regina, can you just leave me alone for once?" I asked agreesively.

"Who the fuck is she yelling at?" One of her crew members said to Regina.

"Uh, uh. I know she ain't fucking talking to me." Regina said as she stepped closer to my face.

I closed my eyes and took a deep inside breath. "Just. Leave. Me. Alone." I repeated to her again as I stepped closer, squeezing my fist.

"Or else what? Bitch, the fuck is you gonna do? Hit me?" She said as she laughed at my face.

I stepped back, trying to hold back tears and it ain't sad ones.

Regina crackled. "Yeah, thought so." Regina said as her friends gave me mean glares.

Before Regina and her friends walked out the door, I grabbed her weave from the back and started to punch her face as I dragged her to the ground.

Now, I don't know what's inside of me right now, but so far, I'm winning.

"Get the fuck off her you fucking shit skinned ass bitch!" One of her crew members screamed as she threw me to the ground and started to kick my shins.

Winning cancelled.

I was screaming in pain because not only one, but two were kicking my shins and started to kick my face.

I yelped in pain and covered my nose as I felt like it was about to explode blood. Yet, they continue to kick me as I bleed.

Regina stood up and dragged me by my hair as her other friends were kicking my stomach, and she pulled my hair back so tightly, I heard my neck crack.

Tears started to roll down my face as her friends started laughing.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch." Regina yelled as she pulled on my hair tighter.

Her friend gave her a smirk and took out something sharp, which was a knife.

Regina started to put the knife near my throat and I start crying uncontrollably as blood fled from nose and my lips also.

"Please, just....just don't hurt me." I whispered as I felt the cold sharp knife near my throat.

Her friends started to mock my pain.
"Oh, no, Regina, please don't kill me. I want my mama." One of her friends said as the other laughed.

"Then don't fucking come across my way again, bitch." Regina said as she dropped the knife and slammed my head to the sink several times until I felt my vison go black a bit.

"Regina, that's enough stop!" One of her friends said as she pulled Regina away.

"You tryna put us in jail, huh?" I heard one of her crew members say before I heard the door slam.

My tears were hurting my face, since it's all full of blood and I feel that my head cracked open a bit.

I didn't have the urge to move, so i crawled on the floor as I reached for the door knob and opened the door.

I crawled out to the hallway until I saw someone that I didn't expect to see.

"Nia? Girl, is that you?" I heard Eric say. He ran towards me with concern on his face.

He picked me up and put his arm over my shoulder, helping me to walk.

"I gotta get you to the nurse, immediately. Who the fuck did this to you?" Eric said as he helped me walk.

I couldn't talk because I felt pain on my lips, so I gave a small nod.

We were walking upstairs as he helped me walk up, then my vision completely went black as I fell back.

*****

I woke up as I felt a bright light shining through my eyes. I felt ice on my face as I woke up dazed and confused.

I saw some woman that I never saw before touching my face with ice softly.

"Don't worry sweetheart, it's okay. You're alright." She said calmly.

I saw a sign on the door and it says "Offical School Nurse Office."

"Uh, miss? What time is it?" I asked her.

"It's 2:12, your stuff is already here. It was brung by two people named Eric and some girl who had short braids-"

"Jada?" I said.

"Yeah."

"Are my injuries serious?" I asked her.

The nurse nodded. "You only have a fractured nose and your lips were cut open. Also, there was a huge bump on your forehead which is why I'm putting ice on it."

"Oh, okay." I responded softly. "Can I leave now though?" I asked her.

"Well....do you feel like you can walk because you can be a little lightheaded alone the way, plus, you may unfortunately need some stiches to your lips or else it's gonna worsen.

"Where can I get stiches?" I asked her.

"I can put it on for you-" I heard a door open and it was Jada. She smiled as she walked in as discordant voices were outside the halls, leaving to go home.

"Hey, Nini. Are you okay?" She asked me.

"I have to get stiches." I said as I held the ice on my forehead.

Jada's face looked worried. "Wait, now?" She said.

"Yes, but it's gonna be very quick." The nurse said as she took the antiseptic cream from the table and rubbed it softly on my lips.

I hissed in pain as she did that. "Don't worry, baby it's okay." She said as she put the cream away.

"Is it gonna hurt?" I asked her.

"A little bit but I added the cream, so there is no need to panic but whatever you do, don't lick your lips." The nurse said as she got her material.

I nodded my head as Jada held my hand just in case the pain goes worse.

The nurse had her thread and some pointy thing that was really sharp, and started to add the stiches on me face.

I hissed in pain as I kicked my feet and squeezed Jada's hand.

"Nia, it's okay. Just breathe." She responded as the nurse continued to add the stiches.

A few minutes later, we were finished. I felt blood drip a little on my lips as I stood up and started limping.

"Let me help you walk." Jada said as she held me stuff. "Thank you, miss." I said to the nurse. She gave a smile back. "If you are having any problems, come back as soon as possible."

Me and Jada were outside on the school steps, as she helped me walk down. I saw Pac, Q and Raheem waiting infront.

"Nia, you cool?" Q said.

I nodded as I struggled to walk. We made it to the ground." Who did this to you?" Pac questioned.

"Will y'all stop asking questions?" Jada yelled. "And it was Regina and her dumb ass crew."

"Jada, where's Eric?" I asked her as I winced in pain.

"He's with that tatyana chick." Jada said as she rolled her eyes.

Of course, he is. Sigh.

"Ooooh, you got stiches?" Raheem said with a disgusted face.

"Why won't you guys just get off her grip, would ya?" Jada snapped as she helped me walk.

"Jada......it's okay. They can ask if they want." I said as I smiled.

"Yeah, quit playing mother!" Q said to her. She gave him a mean glare then he turned to Raheem.

"Aren't we gonna visit Michel'le and see how she's doing?" I asked.

"Uh....I don't know Nia, because you have serious injuries so I suggest we'll take you hom-"

"Please? I wanna know if she's okay." I whined to Jada as I limped.

"Alright, alright. Only for a few minutes then we're taking you home right, Pac?" Jada yelled to Pac.

"Hmm?" Pac said looking confused.

"See, you need to listen to your girlfriend." Jada spat.

"What? Y'all were having your own private conversation, don't put me into your girl talk." Pac said walking.

"I don't give a fuck about that Minnie Mouse ass hoe. Why should I visit-" Pac cutted Raheem's complaints off by slapping him at the back of his head.

"We have too, it's important. Stupid ass motherfucker." Pac said.

"Anyways, did you report this to the principal?" Pac said to me.

"About the jumping? I don't think he'll care because I'm new." I responded.

"And you are absolutely, positively right. He don't give a fuck about Jada or Nia." Q commented.

"Q, do me a favor and shut the fuck up. And Nia, you have to report this to the police. The principal ain't gonna do shit." Jada advised me.

"The police?" I said in shock. "Oh, no Jada. I-i-i can't-"

"Shush. You have to and this is serious. Does anybody know Regina's full name?"

"Regina King." Pac replied quickly.

Jada's face grew suspiciously. "Now, how the hell do you know that?"

"You just asked a simple question and I answered it. This interview is over." Pac said as he adjusted his snapback.

Jada scoffed as we were all on our way to Michel'le's house. God, I hope nothing bad happened to her.

*****

We were infront of Michel'le's house and it's kinda small. The only compliment I'll give is that her porch is cute.

My arms were over Pac's and Raheem's shoulders as they helped me walk steady.

Jada walked up to the porch and knocked on the door. "Michel'le, are you there?" Jada yelled.

There was no answer, but this time Jada banged on the door. "Yo, Michel'le open up the goddamn door!" She yelled.

"C'mon, Jada. She ain't there, let's go." Q complained as he held my stuff.

Jada touched the doorknob and the door was already open. Jada looked behind us and hand gestured us to come inside.

We came inside & we heard heard water running from the bathroom as we walked further.

"Stay here." Jada said as she walked towards the bathroom. My hands shivered in nervousness.

I heard a loud scream and everyone completely freaked out.

Pac, Q, and Raheem left me hanging as I limped to see what's going on and my eyes couldn't believe what I saw.

"Yo, what the fuck happened to her? Michel'le!" Pac said as he saw Michele lying down on the floor unconscious with blood coming out of her wrists.

Tears were about to fill up my face, but I already cried too much today.

"Someone call 911! Hurry the fuck up, damn!" Jada screamed as she cried, holding the back of Michel'le's face.

"Come on, come on, come on." Jada whimpered as tears filled her face, holding an unconscious Michel'le.

Pac ran out of the bathroom and picked up the phone as everyone was freaking out.

"Ay, I need a ambulance and hurry the fuck up, yo I just got here and my friend was founded unconscious and she ain't breathing."

As all of this happened, I just stared in shock.

I told Michel'le to get help, and she agreed of course. She should've took my advice but now, it's too late.

*law and order theme song plays*

LMFKSKSSKSN, but this was a big ass cliffhanger and I hope it got you SHOOKEDT. Also, I wrote like 3400 words so.....please, give feedback! ::::::::)- Jackie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1.9K 29
{Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved} "I'm not invisible, I'm right here" ∆ 3 years in the future ∆ ♥Tinashe & Eazy E♥ ∆ TRILOGY ∆ book 1: "straig...
10.9K 261 23
𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄; 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫, 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫, 𝐨�...
268K 8.9K 61
{Copyright © 2015️ All Rights Reserved} "These Ho*** don't love you like I do" ∆ ♥Tinashe' & Eazy-E♥ ∆ book 1: "straight outta compton" book 2: "wic...
325K 4.8K 50
For unbearable feelings towards the past.