Creatures from the Ocean (Sci...

By paris_girl22

Stiles Stilinski has been living in Beacon Hills for quite some time now. He's made great friends who have be... More

1: Everything Changes
2: A Secret to Hide
3: A Dumb Decision?
4: Weekend Getaway Disaster
5: Alone
6: Lesson Number One
7: The Siren's Song
8: A Strange New Feeling
9: New Threats, Nostalgia and Surprises
10: Dangerously Close
11: Stilinski Reunion
12: The Movies
13: Loyalty
14: The Hunters
15: Trapped
16: Saving Stiles
17: Pep Talks
18: Missing Home
19: Theo's Threats
20: Concern
21: Suspicion
22: Moving out of Scott's house
23: Pack Sleepover Fun
24: Nightmare? Or something more?
25: Kira Knows
26: The Discovery of Merpeople
27: Getting to know Kara
28: The Aquarium
29: Setting Up a Date
30: The Truth
31: Standing Strong
32: New Revelations
33: The New Girl
34: Disagreements and Disappointment
36: The Darker Side of Samantha Worthington
37: Making Up?
38: Not Alone
39: A Fatal Shot
40: Melissa and Stiles
41: The Whole Truth
42: Poor, Unfortunate Souls
43: Finding the Cure
44: Saving Scott
45: An Important Heart to Heart
46: Dread Doctors
47: Shock and Disbelief
48: What it really means to have a best friend
49: Danny's Party
50: Hallucinations
51: Uncertainty
52: Love Hurts
Exciting Announcement!
CROSSOVER - Part 2
CROSSOVER - Part 3
CROSSOVER - Part 4
CROSSOVER - Part 5
CROSSOVER - Part 6
CROSSOVER - Part 7
CROSSOVER - Part 8
CROSSOVER - Part 9
CROSSOVER - Part 10
CROSSOVER - Part 11
CROSSOVER - Part 12
CROSSOVER - Part 13
CROSSOVER - Part 14
CROSSOVER - Part 15
CROSSOVER - Part 16
CROSSOVER - Part 17
CROSSOVER - Part 18
CROSSOVER - Part 19
CROSSOVER - Part 20
CROSSOVER - Part 21
53: A Wendigo?
54: Stiles' Anchor
55: Sleep Deprivation
56: Something Suspicious
57: Manipulation
58: Just Like Strangers
59: Betrayed and Heartbroken
60: True Love
61: Confessions and Discoveries
62: Planning
63: First Date - Part One
64: First Date - Part Two
65: Filling In The Blanks
66: The Perfect Hybrid
67: Hybrids and Tridents
68: More 'Nightmares'
69: Stiles Through the Looking Glass
70: Journey to Atlantia
71: Childhood Friends Reunited
72: The Beginning of the End
73: The Final Battle
74: Success
75: The Aftermath
76: Stiles' Birthday
77: Ceremony Preparations and Jitters
78: Celebrations *FINAL CHAPTER*
Important Announcement!
THE SEQUEL IS UP

35: Jealousy

4.5K 185 296
By paris_girl22

Stiles POV

The next few weeks fly by, especially since we were planning Kara's birthday celebrations. It was tiring and difficult to pull off, but we managed to plan an awesome party for Kara. I think it was a great success. Kara seemed to throughly enjoy herself, just like everyone else did. Samantha helped us with the preparations too, even though she hasn't talked to Kara too much yet. We were grateful for the extra help, but I soon realized that it seemed like Samantha was running the party plans. We were usually following her instructions. I didn't mind, but I thought it was a collaborative group effort. Kira must have thought the same, because every now and then, I would hear her complain under her breath. It was always when Samantha was out of earshot. Usually it was when Scott was away too. Despite that little hiccup, the party was amazing. Samantha does know her stuff. I think we stayed up all night. After the party, Scott, Lydia, Malia, Isaac, Liam, Kira, Derek and I took Kara to the animal clinic where Deaton gave her another potion. Apparently it tasted just as bad as the child one, but Kara was happy to be rid of the threat of growing a tail every time she touched any liquid or water. I'm a little jealous, but I know my time will come soon. For a while, everything was well. All of my friends and I got along, including Samantha, despite my reservations. However, as the weeks went on, I noticed Scott and Samantha becoming very close to each other. They were almost inseparable. I tried not to act hurt. I know that Scott wouldn't intentionally leave me out or exclude me, but that's what it was starting to feel like. I was his best friend, yet I barely got to spend time with him alone anymore, if at all. Instead, I either hung out with Kira, Kara, Isaac and Lydia or just had long swims in the ocean. They were the ones that seemed to notice my increasing loneliness. The good thing that came out of that is now I'm even closer to those four. I still do hang out with the rest of the pack of course, but it definitely seems like Scott and I are drifting apart a little. I never talk to him about it, hoping that it would just fix itself on its own. However, that is not the case.

On this particular Saturday evening, Scott calls my mobile. I answer my phone excitedly. He hasn't called me in a couple of weeks now. "Hi Scott!" I say cheerfully.

"Hey Stiles!" Scott replies, his voice full of happiness.

"What's got you in a good mood?" I ask curiously.

"Well, you know how I've been spending more time with Samantha?" He begins.

"Yeah, what about it?" I ask, biting my lip slightly.

"Well, I finally got the courage to ask her out the other day. She said yes!" Scott explains excitedly. I stay silent for a couple of moments. "Wow, that's really great. I'm happy for you both. I hope this will lead you somewhere good." I reply, trying to sound excited, even though my heart has just shattered. I close my eyes, refusing to let the tears form. I guess my response wasn't convincing enough because Scott asked if I was okay. "Yeah, of course! I think you two will make a great couple. I just wish I could find the right person." I answer. This time, Scott buys it.

"Don't worry man, I promise that you will find the perfect person for you one day. They will love and cherish you for who you are. They will always be there for you and protect you. As your best friend, I can't wait until that day. I will support the two of you until the end of time. You deserve happiness, especially after all you have been through." Scott assures me. The perfect person for me is you, but I know it can never happen and that you can't ever know about it. I try to push the thought away. "Thanks Scott. I'm really looking forward to that day too." I say in response.

"When's your first date?" I ask curiously.

"In a few minutes, actually. I need to finish getting ready. I'll see you later, okay? I'll let you know how it goes." Scott says just before he hangs up. I sigh and place my phone down on my bed. Whatever little hope I had left just shattered. However, I don't focus on my own broken heart. Instead, I look out for Scott. I know that he's happy. I am pretty sure that Samantha will make him happy too. In that case, I'm happy, because all that matters is Scott's happiness. I can't focus on my own feelings. The world doesn't revolve around me. I'd rather everyone else be happy. If Scott and Samantha date, it seems that everyone else will be better off for it.

Samantha POV

I am nervous about my date with Scott. I don't want anything else to go wrong. He's taking me to dinner and a movie. Apparently the restaurant is extremely fancy. I try to do my hair in many different hairstyles. Eventually, I settle on a simple side braid. I brush down my white dress one more time before I walk to the front door. I stand there and wait. As I do so, I start to wonder whether if I should tell Scott my secret. He seems like somebody I could put all of my trust in, but I just want to tell him at the right time. Or maybe I could just tell him half of the truth. I know he won't tell anyone or judge me. He's my boyfriend. He'll stick by my side and defend me through thick and thin. Suddenly, I hear a knock on the door. I jump in surprise. Once I have recovered, I open the door to reveal Scott standing there with a nervous smile. I smile back. "Are you ready?" He asks.

"Yeah, I am." I reply while nodding quickly. Scott takes my hand and walks me over to his motorbike. I get on the back after him. Scott starts the engine and drives away from my house. After about 20 minutes, we pull up in front of a restaurant. "This is the fanciest restaurant in town," Scott announces proudly.

"It definitely looks like it," I breathe as we get off the motorbike and we walk inside. Scott walks us to our table. We sit down and wait to order. I have a look at the menu. Eventually, the waiter comes over. Scott orders something before the waiter turns to me. "I'll have whatever he is having." I answer simply with a smile. The waiter nods and walks away. Now, I can focus my attention on Scott. He is very handsome, kind, caring... All the qualities that a girl could want in a guy. "So, tell me something you about yourself that I don't know." I encourage.

"Uh, I'm an open book, really. I think I've told you everything about me personally." Scott shrugs. Somehow, I don't think he is telling me everything. "Come on, just one thing. It could even be about one of your ex-girlfriends." I say with a wink. Scott's face falls slightly, but almost immediately, his expression changes to happiness again. "Well, I guess there are a couple of things. Kira was my most recent girlfriend. We only just broke up a little while ago. I still don't know why she wanted to do it, but it was her choice." Scott begins to explain.

"She must have been an idiot to dump you," I shake my head with a small smile. I guess Scott doesn't appreciate my joke because he doesn't say anything. "I guess another thing I haven't told you is how long Stiles and I have been friends. We met in a sandpit when we were nine. We have been best friends ever since." Scott adds. I try my best to hide my annoyance when Scott mentions Stiles. Why does it always come back to him? Scott should be focusing on me, not Stiles! Especially on a date! "That's so sweet." I smile innocently. Just then, our drinks arrive. We pick them up.

"Here's to us." Scott declares, moving his glass forward.

"To us." I grin as I knock my drink against his. I then bring the glass towards me and take a long sip. Scott does the same.

~~~

"The movie was amazing!" I laugh as we walk out of the cinema complex.

"Yeah, it's the best one I have seen in ages." Scott chuckles while shaking his head. I notice a sadness in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I frown.

"Nothing, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Scott replies, trying to dismiss it.

"Scott, I can tell something is bothering you. What's up?" I push.

"Fine. It's just the last time I came here, it was with Stiles. It was the night his father was kidnapped. I can't help but let some of the memories play back in my head." Scott sighs and looks down. Again, I feel a slight twinge of jealousy towards Stiles, as Scott seems to care about him a lot, possibly even more than me. It might be a stupid thought, but I can't help it. I want Scott to forget about Stiles a little bit, because he will clearly be happier for it. Those two seem to have had some rough experiences together. If Scott was with me all the time, I know there would only be happy memories. "Scott, stop." I say as I put a hand on his shoulder. Scott turns around and looks at me in confusion.

"Look at me." I whisper. Scott stares into my eyes and I stare back.

"Sometimes you need to forget the past, as painful as it may be. It's the only way to move on. If you keep thinking about that night, every other time you come here, your enjoyment will be tainted because you keep thinking about what happened before. You don't want to be living in the past, do you?" I tell him. Scott shakes his head.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I'll try to forget the bad memories." He says to me. I smile.

"Good." I reply with a nod.

"I think you're going to be really good for me." Scott comments. I let out a giggle.

"I really like you, Scott. Maybe even more than just like you." I admit quietly. Scott leans forward. Knowing what is about to happen, I lean forward too. Our lips collide together. I sink into the kiss happily. "I really like you too." Scott whispers as we break apart.

Stiles POV

I walk through the school entrance, unsure of what to expect. I know that Scott and Samantha's date went well. Scott called me yesterday and told me all about it, including the kiss. Even though I'm still a little upset at how things have turned out, I find myself still feeling happy for Scott. I'm glad that he has found someone that clearly cares about him and that he cares about too. I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn around to see it's Kira. "Oh, hi Kira." I greet cheerfully as we continue to walk to our lockers. "Hey Stiles. How are you?" She asks me lightly, but I know that she's concerned about me. "I'm fine. Really." I assure her. As we round the corner, we see Scott and Samantha making out by their lockers, which happen to be quite close to mine. "Oh," Kira mutters. I watch the two of them longingly for a second, wishing I could be Samantha. I quickly pull my focus away from them and back to Kira.

"So, how was your weekend?" I ask as I turn around and walk away from the new couple. Kira follows me quickly.

"Um, it was ordinary. I mostly studied." She answers.

"Oh, that's right. We have that big test for maths soon." I groan.

"Stiles, just wait up a minute." Kira says, pulling on my arm. I stop and spin around to face Kira, her brown eyes full of concern. "What?" I ask.

"Are you really okay? After seeing Scott and Samantha?" Kira asks.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be? I was fine when you and Scott were dating, right?" I answer with a small laugh.

"That's true, but at least you knew me. You knew I was a good person. Besides, I think you were still fighting with yourself as to whether you had feelings for Scott or not." Kira responds.

"I guess so..." I mumble.

"Look if you want my opinion, in a relationship, the most important thing is that each person has to care and respect the other more than anything in the world. They would put their needs and happiness before their own. That makes a great devoted partner. I can see that's what you're doing for Scott." Kira tells me. I don't reply.

"I think you're better for Scott than Samantha ever will be. No one cares more about Scott than you. That is clear as day to me." She continues.

"What about you?" I frown.

"Well duh, of course I care about him, just like the rest of the pack does. Samantha does too. I just know that you care about him more. You would risk your life for him, wouldn't you? No matter what state your friendship is in."

"Yeah, I guess I would." I give in with a sigh, unsure of where this is going.

"I don't think Samantha would do that. I know she cares about Scott, but I just can't help but feel that there is something off with her. Like she's hiding something, but I don't know what." Kira continues.

"Well, I'm glad I'm not alone on that." I smile.

"My point is that you deserve the best person to be your partner, whether that be Scott or someone else. If Scott doesn't realize how lucky he is to have you as a best friend, then maybe he doesn't deserve you." Kira finishes. I flash her a small smile, somehow feeling a little bit better. "Thanks, Kira." I say.

"No problem." She nods. The school bell rings above us, so we are forced to walk back to our lockers to get our books and then head to class. My first class is geography. Yay because it is so fun. To make things worse, the teacher gives us an assignment that is supposed to be done in pairs. "Now, because I don't trust you guys to choose partners fairly and I'm sure someone would be left out, I'm going to choose your partners for you." The teacher explains. I look around the classroom. Out of all of my friends, I am the only one in this geography class. Well, except for Samantha, I guess, but are we really friends? We have barely hung out together yet. If she's in the same room with me, it's usually only because of Scott. I don't care though. I just think it might be less awkward if I didn't have her as a partner. I listen as the geography teacher pairs up students. Finally, she calls my name. "Stilinski, you can go with Worthington." She tells me. On the inside, I feel disappointed, but I do my best not to show it. "Sure thing. We will ace this assignment." I grin.

"I sure hope you do." The teacher replies before she calls out the next few partners. I turn around to look at Samantha and smile politely. She tries to smile back, but it looks like more of a grimace. Okay, well that's very comforting. Once the teacher has finished giving us our partners, she sets us to work. I get up and sit next to Samantha. We look down at the assignment sheet. "So, what do you want to research? Maps, coastal regions and the coastal processes, mountains and volcanoes, the weather or why certain countries have different types of geography?" I ask Samantha as I look down on the list of the topics we can choose. "I don't care," She sighs. Real helpful.

"Okay, then how about coastal regions and their processes?" I suggest. Samantha just shrugs.

"I guess you aren't a big geography fan, huh?" I ask.

"Nope." Samantha replies. Okay, this might be a long assignment...

Samantha POV

Stiles and I get to work on the assignment in silence. We have divided up the tasks between us. Stiles recommended that we should work on it together after school as well, just to guarantee us that we will finish on time. I agree to it, saying that I can come around to his house every Monday and Thursday after school if he likes. Stiles seems happy with that arrangement. I have to admit, I'm not sure if I'm happy working with Stiles. I have a feeling he doesn't like me, even though we were supposed to have a fresh start . I think if he had the choice, he wouldn't hang around me at all. I suppose I don't like him all that much either. I am a bit jealous of Scott and Stiles' friendship, so I've tried to get Scott to myself as much as I can, not wanting to become invisible and irrelevant between the two of them. Oh well. I won't let it stop me from getting bad grades, even in a subject I hate, like geography. As I type furiously away in the computer, my mind wanders off, thinking about Scott. I'm so happy with how our relationship is going. I don't want anything to get in the way of us now. I can see Scott and I going a long way. However, the guilt of me hiding something from him is starting to overwhelm me. I need to tell him something. Speaking of which, before I met a Stiles, I could have sworn that I have heard his name before, but I can't put my finger on it. Oh well, I guess that doesn't really matter now. I quickly glance over at Stiles, who looks like he is reading an article on the computer and taking notes of it. I remember seeing him and Kira from the corner of my eye when I was kissing Scott today. I didn't care. I actually wanted people to see. They both seemed to walk away pretty quickly. I suddenly remember that Kira was Scott's ex-girlfriend. I am baffled as to why she would break up with him, but I guess that was lucky for me. I lean over to Stiles.

"Hey, Kira must have been out of her mind or ust plain stupid for breaking up with Scott. Who would want to hurt him like that? At least I know I can treat him better." I try to start a conversation with him. Stiles looks up and glares at me in annoyance. I notice him clenching his fists. "Don't talk about Kira like that. She's my friend. Scott's too. Besides, the break up wasn't like that. You don't know what you're talking about." Stiles retorts harshly.

"I saw you two earlier today, watching Scott and I making out. Is little Kira regretting her decision? Well, let her know that it was the best make out session either of us have ever had." I smirk. This time, Stiles completely snaps. He stands up and walks around to me. He slams his hands on my desk and stares directly at me, his eyes full of fury. I also notice that his cheeks have become red. "Don't you dare talk about my friends like that! Do you have any feelings for people besides Scott at all?" Stiles shouts loudly. Everyone in the room turns to stare at us.

"It was just a joke!" I try to defend myself, but Stiles wasn't having it.

"I don't believe you!" He shouts again, shaking his head furiously.

"Enough!" The teacher shouts over us and walks over. She looks between us angrily.

"I don't know what is happening between you two, but you definitely will have time to sort it out in detention!" The teacher exclaims. Stiles and I both sigh and roll our eyes. "See me in this classroom straight after school." She tells us. Reluctantly, Stiles and I nod, both of us knowing we have no choice. "Now, get back to work. Preferably without tearing each other's heads off." The instructs. I can feel everyone's eyes trained on us for the rest of the lesson. When the lesson ends, Stiles and I walk out of class in silence. We walk outside to the familiar tree, where we usually meet our friends. I see that Scott, Kira and Lydia are already there. Stiles and I hurry towards them. I think we both make a silent decision not to talk about what happened in class. "Hey guys. Um, Samantha and I are staying back at school today to work on our geography assignment. Don't wait up for us." Stiles explains smoothly. Everyone around us doesn't seem to notice the lie and buys the story. "Alright. That's cool that the two of you are working on it together." Scott smiles, clearly glad that we are 'getting along'. Stiles gives Scott a small smile. We then dive into a small conversation while we wait for the others to arrive. However, I notice something. Stiles seems to be acting more nervous around Scott, even though they are best friends. The way he looks at Scott... It's almost exactly the way I look at him. Almost. I recall how red Stiles got in class when I talked about Kira and how Scott and I had an amazing make out session. I don't think it was just out of anger, I think it was also out of embarrassment. I quickly put the clues together in my head. Stiles doesn't just see Scott as a best friend. He has a crush on him! I plaster on a smile in front of my friends, especially as everyone else arrives, but believe me, I am not happy. I will be talking to Stiles after school so he knows where he stands.

A/N: Hi everyone, first of all, I would like to thank you for the birthday messages you sent me, it really made my day. Second of all, Teen Wolf airs tonight in America! Even if I can't watch it, I'm so excited! I thought I would update this story one more time before we all dive into the final season of Teen Wolf. I know I will be crying when it all ends. What has been your favourite Teen Wolf episode? Mine was probably Motel California because it was so intense and creepy the whole time and then when Scott and Stiles talked while Scott was holding the flare, it just made me cry. Brilliant actors, brilliant characters. Tell me in the comments what your favourite episode was and why. I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and are looking forward to the next. Everything is start to build up again. Have an awesome day/night and love Teen Wolf season 6! I know I will!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 250 36
Senior year has officially begun for Scott, Josie, Stiles, Lydia, and Kira. And Liam was entering the Sophomore year. Everything is beginning to ch...
504 12 29
What if the whole story line for 'Teen Wolf' never happened. Scott was never bitten and everything that has happened, didn't. Mylia has just recently...
233K 7.5K 25
During the summer before his senior year, Stiles decides to create a new chapter in his life. He comes out to his friends and is taken aback by the o...
85.2K 1.8K 82
Y/n a little witch living in beacon hills with a veterinarian. After her mom went missing Y/n finally started to have a normal life or she thought bu...