Neglected Desires

By purplecandlelight

Alexa and Prince have been friends for years, but now it feels like something has changed. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 25

1.8K 90 58
By purplecandlelight

Early the next morning, before the sun even began to peak over the horizon, I was woken by the sound of a soft, mumbled voice. Stretching out on the couch, I found myself alone and under the warmth of a throw blanket that normally resided on the back of the comfortable piece of furniture.

"Good morning mama." Lifting my blanket covered feet up so he could take a seat, before placing my feet on his lap. A smile came across my face, I love these quiet moments between us, just us, no egos, no excuses, no one to interfere.

"Morning." My voice sounding more awake than I actually was as he smiled innocently at me. "Where's Kevin?" I inquired as Prince's hand massaged over my blanket covered foot.

"I carried him to your bed a few hours ago." Nodding, accepting his softly spoken words. "What's going on anyways? Why are you taking care of him?" Words laced thick with concern. I let my fingers drag through my hair as a heavy sigh pushed past my lips.

"A little while after I showed up yesterday, he came knocking on my door, asked if his mom sent me to look after him." Confusion covered his soft features, strong fingers still kneading at the arch of my foot.

"Where is Alysha?"

"She left the night before last, told him she's be back soon." His fingers stopped and I watched as concern was momentarily taken over by anger in his eyes. "I still haven't heard from or seen her. Honestly I'm glad I happened to come back here yesterday. I can't imagine. . ." My eyes drifted to the floor as the worst possible scenarios rolled through my mind. His hand ran up my blanket covered leg, as if to bring me back to the current situation. My eyes moving back to his, to find him watching me with his head cocked to the side. "I'm sorry things went down that way yesterday." Shaking his head, his eyes never leaving mine.

"I shouldn't have reacted that way, this is different for me. . . This is hard for me Alexa." Snaking my hand out from under the blanket, bringing my finger tips down to rest on his knuckles. "Seems like all my relationships have been with women who want something from me," flipping his hand over, running his thumb over my finger tips, "some help starting a career or some sort of name recognition, so I kept them all at least an arms length away from my business." Entwining his finger with mine. "But you mama, dont want any of that. . ."

"Prince, I am your friend before anything and I only want to make sure people aren't taking advantage of you." His eyes shifting down to the sight of our hands grasping each other as his head nods.

"I know and I'm trying to get used to that, but. . ." Timid eyes coming back up to mine, "it's a work in progress, I'm trying." Sitting up and scooting closer to him.

"Ok, just don't make me feel like there isn't a place for me in your life."

"I won't." His hand caressing my cheek, eyes studying my face. "I'm sorry." Slowly, as if he was afraid I would push him away, he brought his lips to mine in a gentle kiss. All the emotions of the last day poured forth in that kiss, the anger, frustration, heartbreak, and regret were all expressed as the kiss deepened and i laid back on the couch pulling him back with me. The firm press of his body against mine as he laid half on top of me was the comfort I'd missed lately. His hand trailing over my cheek, fingers slipping through my hair, as if his was learning my face, my feel all over again. Pulling back from the deepening kiss as I study the needy expression in his eyes.

"What time do you have to leave?" Running my hand up and down the line of his covered back.

"I called Adrienne already and had her cancel rehearsal today." Pushing stray hairs back behind my ear as he was propped up on one elbow watching me intently. "What are you going to do about Kevin?"  Drawing a deep breath as I shook my head gently, I'd been wondering the very same thing, but hearing him vocalize my internal thoughts made the situation feel that much more dire.

"I have no idea, I mean, she, she's never done anything like this. I don't even know. . ."

"He has no idea where she may have gone?" Shaking my head as I started to feel the pinch of tears building behind my eyes. My temper starting to raise at the situation Alysha had put her child in.

"I just cant fucking imagine a mother just walking out on her child, it doesn't make any sense. She's not this stupid. . ."

"Hey, sshhh, it's ok, we'll figure something out." Taking a deep breath as his hand trailed up my side. Closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths I felt my temper start to settle slightly.  We laid there for a long while, no words exchanged between us, just the occasional kiss and soft, comforting touches.  Finally the sun was starting to rise as the windows in the living room started to show the faintest hint of light filtering in through the curtains.

"I don't have anything here for breakfast and I have no idea what time he gets up." Looking across the room to find the clock reading 7:05am. "Do you mind if I leave you here with him while I run down to the corner store and get some cereal and milk?" Not even bothering to lift his head from where it was resting against my left breast.

"Thats fine. I'll hang here with the little guy." After a few more minutes of laying in silence he finally sat up, allowing me to do the same. Still dressed in the same clothes from yesterday I figured it was more important to get out and get back with breakfast food than a shower was as this point. After a quick trip to the bathroom I grabbed my purse and keys, dropping a quick kiss on Prince's cheek as I walked by him now sitting at the kitchen table, scribbling on a pad of paper.

"Be back in a few minutes." Opening the door I came face to face with Alysha just as she was preparing to knock.

"Hi." Her voice soft, I felt my expression turn hard as I stood there just looking at her for a few moments. She looked haggard, her hair a mess, her make up obviously a few days old and though I couldn't tell for sure as we stood there I was nearly certain her long sleeves and scarf were covering bruises, of one kind or another."I'm here to pick up my son." Turning slightly to set my purse back on the table next to the door, I noticed Prince's full attention was aimed at the scene waiting to happen at my front door.

"Where the fuck have you been?" My voice harsh as I pushed her out into the open walkway. "You just abandoning your son to fend for himself these days?" My voice raising as I pulled the door closed behind me. Her mouth opened, but nothing come out as she stood there looking at me. "Well? You going to tell me just what the fuck is going on?"

"I just want my son Alexa and you can't keep me from him." Her attempt at standing her ground only caused me to cross my arms over my chest as I stood firmly in my door way.

"He's not even five and you left him alone. He was alone over night, until I just happened to show up here yesterday afternoon. Please, please tell me what was so important that you had to leave your child all alone." She squinted her eyes at me trying to look intimidating.

"It's none of your business." Crossing her arms, mirroring my stance as she tried to stand still, but it was painfully obvious she couldn't as she fidgeted nonstop as we stared each other down.

"Oh I think it is when I end up taking care of him because you chose not to." Stepping closer to her. "What was it Alysha, he took you out to get your fix? Are we heading back down that road after all these years? You pass out again in another crack house?"

"Fuck you Alexa! You don't know anything about my life or what's going on." Shaking my head and gritting my teeth.

"Oh yeah, because I've never had the pleasure of going to find you like that, or have you forgotten about that incident. You remember, that time he left you for dead on the floor of that house." Without any warning I felt the sharp sting of her open palm colliding with my cheek and she pushed past me and into the apartment as I gathered myself. Prince's wide eyes caught mine as he saw me holding my face, and Alysha disappeared into my bedroom, coming out carrying a crying Kevin. She glared at me as she walked out of the room, paying no mind to her wailing son.

"Just because you don't have one, doesn't mean you can have mine Alexa." The sight in front of me, Alysha trying to look put together and Kevin crying terrified, broke my heart.

"I'm calling child protective services." My voice bland and just loud enough for her to hear over Kevin. "As soon as you step out that door, I'm calling them, because you can't be trusted with a child and everyone in this room knows it." I couldn't even track the emotions that ran through her eyes in the moment, but I know the one she landed on last was anger.

"Fuck you, you barren bitch!" With that she slammed the door and I was left standing there, my face throbbing and in utter shock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 10K 72
Alexandra Weasley, la primera hija mujer de los Weasley empieza su aventura en Hogwarts sorprendiendo a toda su familia. Siempre pensó que el amor er...
444K 39.4K 52
Son pequeños momentos que pasan juntos y también con Charlie, convivencia en el hotel y al público
220K 15.1K 86
Todas las personas se cansan. Junior lo sabía y aun así continuó lastimando a quien estaba seguro que era el amor de su vida.
783K 93.5K 118
Después de que esa persona se fuera de su vida estaba sola. Pasó toda su adolescencia con ese hecho, y es que su condición la obligaba a no entablar...