Bloody Curse | Book Two of Bl...

By CaitlinJadeP

After fighting for their love, Violet and Asher Sinclair thought that their fairytale had finally come. They... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Epilogue

Chapter 15

1.1K 71 5
By CaitlinJadeP

Asher 

Violet's fearful eyes stared past my head. Did I dare turn around and face whatever they were looking at? A weird smacking and slithering noise sounded causing chills to travel up and down my spine. The hair on the back of my neck rose at the noise.

My head tilted at the cringing sounds. I searched Violet's face for anything, but only fear. Fear pitted itself deep in my guts and the irritating noises only made the fear boil like fire.

Caleb shook his head slowly while glaring at the object high above my shoulder. I turned slowly and faced directly at a pair of blazing red eyes that craved for something desirable. It looked hungry.

Violet reached for my hand from behind and begged me to not take a step forward, but I wanted to. I needed to get closer and ask where my son was. She tugged even harder when she read my mind. I sighed and squeezed her hand back in reassurance. Nothing was going to happen. Nothing to her, anyway, and I made sure of that.

Caleb stepped beside me and whispered in my ear, "This one isn't moving. There are probably dozens of them in the woods right now. They have targeted us and definitely made their point, but being out here isn't safe. I don't want to leave you alone out here with Violet, but I need to get back to Jill. It's too dangerous." He stepped back after his statement and watched my reaction closely.

It felt like decades before I tore my gaze from the creature before me. I nodded slightly and wrapped an arm around Violet's shoulders to guide her inside. We followed Caleb's long strides but I glanced back at the unflinching Shadow a couple of times to see it trailing us with cold red eyes.

Alexandria had woken up and ran to my legs as soon as I approached Zayden's door. I rested on my knees and pulled her in my arms for a deep hug. Her brown hair tickled my nose and I chuckled slightly at her enthusiasm to see me.

"Hello, my beautiful butterfly." I whispered into her ears. She giggled at the silly nickname, very much like she had done many times before; and each time, I would remind her of her grandfather. A small dimple emerged when I pulled back to stare at her beautiful little face. I kissed her forehead and let her go to her mother.

I stood then strolled over to Caleb, who was sitting on the bed next to Jillian. "It has been a long night, why don't you and Jillian carry on back to your room and rest. Tomorrow would be a new day and we need everyone to be well rested and on high alert in daylight." I made eye contact with Caleb while instructing so but everyone else in the room knew that I was addressing to them as well.

One by one, each person filed out the room in heavy silence. The endless weight on our shoulders was a reminder that this was only the beginning of something that has the possibility of ending horribly.

I hoisted Alexandria in my arms and rested her head on my shoulder. There was no way I was letting her out of my sight, not now anyway; now was definitely not the time. I grabbed for Violet's cold hand and walked the two of us to the master bedroom where the doors were stood still open wide.

I laid my daughter down on the soft mattress and walked to the other side of the bed where Violet was getting comfortable beside Alexandria. I pecked her on the forehead and offered an emotionless smile. At least I tried to let Violet know that everything would be perfectly fine.

Where are you going? She asked with concerned eyes. She knew that there was no way I would rest knowing that there were a lot of things to be taken care of. I kneeled beside her bedside and bowed down until my lips brushed her knuckles.

"I will be back soon enough, my love." I whispered, kissed her hand, then left the room without another glance back to notice what emotions coursed across her face.

I walked down the echoing hallway and rubbed at the goosebumps that had surfaced. Zayden's room was still lit as if nobody had left it. I took a cautious step at a time. I released the breath that I didn't realize I was holding in.

Aidan sat on my son's bedsheets with his face buried deep in his hands. I settled beside him and stroked his shoulders in comfort. Although he was growing up to be a young adult, it still pained me to see him in a time of sadness. After all, he was my first baby. He would always look up to me in a time of distress and he would always come to me for anything.

I leaned towards him until my head rested on the shoulder I was rubbing. "Everything that occurred in the past hours just seem like one big nightmare. None of this should've happened." He spoke in the dead room with a deadly tone that synchronized with my emotions.

I lifted my head then sighed to face his waiting brown eyes. Hurt swirled in unspoken levels of abyss. I brushed his hair away from his forehead and gripped onto the back of his neck with an assuring smile; although nothing was normal.

"I'm going to miss mother." Aidan whispered when his gaze fell to his fiddling thumbs laid upon his lap. "She did not deserve any of this." Tears streaked down his red cheeks and my eyes drooped at the sight in front of me. He meant so much to someone like Zayden. My son would always look up to him as a big brother, but now all of my son's role models were defeated and stuck at a block where we did not even know what to do.

I released a large breath then stood with my hand extended before me in attempt to have Aidan follow me. There was a room that formed in my mind and I itched to see her for one last time.

We strolled in silence through the hallways to approach a pair of familiar oak doors. Cold gusts of wind flowed through the doors that stood ajar.

Chills surfaced and traveled up and down my spine when the bed where mother laid was vacant. I frowned at the peculiar scene. I instructed for nobody to remove her body, not just yet anyway. I added and frowned. I was at a block and I did not know what to do. My mind rushed and I could not focus on a single situation. Too many things happened tonight and I was clearly overworking myself.

I knew that Violet was still awake. I could feel her heartbeat racing the same pace as mine. I breathed a long sigh then turned on my heels to return where my daughter and wife laid; while Aidan stood not even wanting to step through the door because he already knew what troubled my mind. My eyebrows knotted together when the word "son" brushed past my thoughts as if he never existed. Hours have gone by and the castle erupted from the inside out.

A/N: Hello my loves,

I finished typing this chapter on the 14th of this month and supposedly it did not publish. I tried to make this chapter visible for all but the option was not even available for me so I just made a new part to publish the exact same chapter then I'll delete the original one. Thank you for your patience and I was not aware of this until now. 

But anyway, what are your thoughts on this chapter, or any previous chapter??? Please comment what you think (likes and dislikes), and your theories!! I would gladly read about them.

How have you all been??? I've been alright, I guess. Just missed writing so I thought I have something for you guys as you all probably missed reading this novel. I apologize for putting this update off.

School has been hammering down on me and I've found that listening to classical music lately really helps calm my mind from the overwhelming stress each day. If you are dealing with anything of this sort, then I suggest it :) I enjoy it a lot.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't mind the mistakes, please, as I did not have time to edit. It is almost midnight and I know that I should really be heading to bed, but I can't because I just wanna write until my fingers get tired. Unfortunately, I can't if I wanna maintain my six hours of sleep each night :// ew.

I can not thank you all enough for your show of support with Bloody Kiss and Bloody Curse. It overjoys me to see that new readers and even old readers come back to read/reread and I can't thank you enough.

We will be approaching the one year anniversary of the first chapter being published of Bloody Kiss soon and that is very exciting for me. :D I have made it far since then and have improved as an overall writer which makes me feel very accomplished. So I encourage you to write a novel, if you haven't done so already, and give it a shot. It is really fun to finally express your thoughts and dreams through words on a paper and have people praise you for your imagination.

Anyway, have a splendid day/ evening and until the next update, take good care of yourself and I will see you all in the next chapter :) I love you very much <3

~Jade xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 14.8K 22
Nina Belmonte knows her way around death. As the daughter of skin witches lost in a magical catastrophe when she was just a baby, she grew up used to...
64.7K 1.8K 25
(PG 13) Violet was beaten and talked about for no reason. People call her a slut and the person that started it was her evil bitchy ass sister Hannah...
394 60 57
[Unedited] In Pascille, everyone has their own race, either belonged to the Wolves, the Rivans, the Witches or just a normal human being. What wil...
190K 6.4K 24
(1ST BOOK OF BLACKBLOOD SERIES) Asher had quite a strange start to her life. First of all, she's the first female werewolf that's alpha-blooded that...