The Betrayal

By Z0EYYY

Sequel to The betrothed. Read the prequel before the sequel. I won't add a description yet because it will ru... More

New beginnings.
Time to let go?
Rave.
Personal Hell?
Memories..
Apologize
Welcome back.
The Doctor.
The breakfast.
The Dance Part 1
Confusion
History Lesson?
David's POV
Enlightening.
Balance of Power?
Wisdom
Problems
New Addition?
Got a secret?
Humble.
Teaser
Division
The Forest
Happy Birthday to me!- David's POV
You'll be the death of me..
All these years..
Two weeks later
Goodbye...
And so it begins
The Meeting
The Race
Here comes the bride..
Here comes the bride.. (Part 2)
It's a topsy turvy world
The Truth.
The Betrayal
The transition
The Text.
Just a kiss goodbye
The Aftermath
What have I done?
Calm.
Time

The War.

189 15 2
By Z0EYYY

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

The War.

I felt her before I saw her, her mind in a jumble, blaming herself for all the problems in our world which Liz always did. Blame herself, that it.

I saw her face, drained of blood, she looked like the reflection of a ghost. A beautiful ghost.

I knew I had to reassure her, "Listen to me." I said intently, "Everything is going to be okay."

I decided she wouldn't mind if I used my vampire speed to our advance and grabbed her, speeding towards the underground chambers. It was meant to protect the Royals in case of a war with only one way in and out. It was impenetrable. It had supplies and a command center. Everyone was already there waiting for us.

I wasn't surprised that no one came for me and Elizabeth because one thing everyone here knew was that I would rather die than let anyone harm her; the love of my life.

The first thing I did was bring up all the links that connected me to the rest of the kingdom, our army, our people, this is exactly why I had contingency plans and strategies. I could tell that no one in this room knew about all this because no one had expected a war, but I had this planned for quite a while just in case something like this happened.

Ambush is the worst way to attack because armies don't have time to assemble, to prepare for battle and chaos follows but not in my kingdom. This is exactly why I had installed and invested so much in this technology.

"I got a message from Daniel. It's them." I heard Elizabeth say. I wasn't surprised to hear that but I felt the sadness and bitter resentment she would feel. I wish I could shelter her from everything... but for now I have to protect her from this imminent danger.

"The hunters are working with the veneer werewolves" I said.

Veneer wolves were hunted down and disbanded during Elizabeth's Grandfather Benjamin's reign. He had deemed them a threat not only to vampires but also humans because of their deadly venom. So he had decided to eradicate them once and for all by pretending to be their ally. Little did anyone know they had spent all this time in hiding, waiting for the right moment to take revenge for Benjamin's Betrayal.

I did, once upon a time, look up to him as he was one of the best rulers ever, actually the only ruler before the Salvatore's, but now, I couldn't help but feel resentment towards the man I once idolized. He ruined my life, he took away my love and killed off half my family in his revenge scheme. He punished me, for the sins of my father. Although I could understand the grief he may have felt but what did I ever do wrong? How was it my fault?

I heard him say "but they were supposed to be dead. They're vicious that's why they had to be eliminated."

I was annoyed by him. There they were on the screens of the monitors yet he asked this ridiculous question. "No, they haven't been dead, I've been keeping an eye on them. The hunters and the werewolves were working together; it was just a matter of time that they would've attacked us for a power play and what would be a better time to do it than now- when the whole kingdom is divided between you and me."

"There is no divide." He replied arrogantly. It was as if he only saw what he wanted to see.

I chuckled "I wish you knew your people as well as I did."

I put on the Royal Armor, with the Royal crest, something that was passed down generations. I put the earpiece in my ear and started assembling our army without any time to waste.

During these couple of minutes I had assessed that the attack was coming from the west wing of the kingdom. Not only were there several hunters but werewolves were gaining on us. They had started assembling crossbows and machinery to bring down the doors that protected the kingdom.

I commanded our archery wing to assemble and shoot at will on the west side of the wall in the hopes of delaying them.

I got in command with the civilians I had trained to evacuate key areas that may be affected by the war.

I was about to assemble my army on foot when I was interrupted by Benjamin. "What are you doing? Give that to me." he reached for my earpiece but I stepped back pushing his hand away, "this is not your job, it is Elizabeth's and if she can't then I will. You are no king." He tried to grab me by my armor but I don't know what came over me. I grabbed his collar and banged him in a wall with my arm lodged on his neck. I couldn't believe this man, even at a time like this, where he should be letting me do the one thing I am trained to do, better than anyone in this room, he is acting like a spoiled brat.

"I've had enough of you!" I spat, increasing the pressure on his neck. "My kingdom is under attack, we're already weakened in the public eye because of your ridiculous revenge scheme. You've had your time in the limelight and now if you have nothing positive to contribute then shut the fuck up and don't waste my time!"

I looked over at Elizabeth to ask her if she held the same reservations as her grandfather. "You trust me right?"

She nodded "Of course I do."

I let him go and went back to assembling my army. I realized they needed me in the felid. I wouldn't be much help to them from this room. The stakes were too high in this war.. if we lost... we wouldn't. I will make sure of it we wouldn't. because if they won... they will kill her.

They will kill her but not before ridiculing her.. I didn't want to think of all the things they would do to her, to the Queen to show the world of their power. I had to go in the field and play my part.

So I said to Mike "I can't see well enough from here, I don't know what we need to prepare for nor their strategy or what they have in store for us." I handed him another microphone earpiece and said "you keep telling me what you see." After a pause I whispered to him. "Take care of her." He and I both knew who I was talking about. No words needed to be exchanged. I bid this man, who I had come to love as my brother, farewell.

I was planning to be sneaky and rush out before anyone stopped me, before she stops me and before I could change my mind.

But my plan failed when my father grabbed my arm. "Where do you think you're going young man!?" he said in an authoritative voice.

"You know where I am going, Father." I replied in a tone that showed my resolve.

Unexpectedly, this time my mother interrupted. "No! You will stay here with me, I will not lose another son."

My heart felt like it would explode in my chest. I felt like I was being ripped in two; divided between the pleas of my family to stay and the safety of the woman I loved. The toughest thing to do for anyone is to disobey their mothers, to break the heart of the woman who raised them, who loved them unconditionally. But I had to for Elizabeth's sake and for the countless men and women out there fighting for us. "Your daughter and son died because of that man standing in this room." I pointed towards Benjamin. "I will not let my kingdom lose sons and daughters because I decided to sit in this room while my people lose their lives fighting to protect us!" I grabbed her hand pleading with my eyes to let me go.

"You have nothing to prove damn it!" interjected my father. "It's not your kingdom anymore! Don't you see that?!" he said what was on everyone's mind, who was I to wear the royal armor, to command the royal army and to treat this kingdom as if it was my own?

I answered their question, "I don't want this damn kingdom or a seat to sit on or a crown on my head! This always was and always will be my kingdom and I will protect my home till my last breath. This is what you raised me to do father, please let me go." My father, emotionless as he was, had tears in his eyes because he knew I was right.

I had spent countless hours preparing myself for the throne, gotten countless beatings too, I had been deprived of countless things in my childhood. I had never been granted the freedom I desired, never allowed to be normal for this sole purpose. But now that it was taken away from me, what use was I?

What was my purpose in life?

I had never felt these questions before, even when I had been asked to renounce the throne for Elizabeth but it felt as if all of a sudden I was feeling my world collapse around me.

I would never get to wear this armor again, I would never get to command my army again, I would never get to- I stopped myself when I saw tears running down Elizabeth's face. My resolve grew stronger than before. She didn't ask for this either and I wouldn't let these negative thoughts distort my thoughts in a time when I needed to have clarity in my mind.

Before anything else could stop me I rushed to the door but paused.

I couldn't bring myself to leave; I couldn't go without saying goodbye to her.

I had seen the weapons our enemies were carrying, it was the reason I was going in the field and I knew wining this war might be the most difficult thing I ever do in my life. It might even be the last thing I ever do because I no longer was king and privy to all the privileges such as protection of the Royal witch.. I thought about the positives, I was still the strongest vampire in the kingdom, with or without magic. I could still be a valuable addition to the army... but I couldn't say goodbye to the love of my life nor could I leave without telling her how much I loved her... just in case something happened.

So not caring about her grandfather and the threat on our heads, I rushed to her and kissed her with all my love. I felt a knot in my throat and my chest constrict. "I love you." I said and before I could hear her say those words back I rushed out of the room. Knowing I couldn't handle it, knowing that that might be the last time I see her beautiful face, the last time I kiss her, the last time I tell her I love her...

I could hear Mike updating me on anything new he saw as I reached my army.

I took a deep breath.

"Soldiers! Are we ready to kick some ass?" I shouted.

"YES!!"

"Who is going to show them that they messed with the wrong crowd?"

"US!"

"Who is going to protect our family from these traitors?!"

"US!"

"Remember warriors! Do not get bitten and try to stay away from the weapons of the hunters!"

"Aye Aye Aye!"

"Let's do this!"

I had initiated the falcon program. It was one of the best strategies I had come up with. I just hope it was enough to win this war. Never before had two unlikely forces been combined together to attack us.

This too was because Benjamin hadn't finished the entire clan, but this time, I will make sure they all die and rot in hell.

After the archers had cleared a space for our entrance we decided to meet the forces outside the walls head on. As long as they didn't penetrate the walls we still had a better chance. Our defenses were stronger outside anyway.

We attacked them with everything we had but it seemed that their numbers kept increasing. "Mike punch in the code Alpha856Beta20" I prayed backup arrives soon. The limelight pack and Amber pack, our allies, were 30 minutes to an hour away from us. We just had to hold our enemies off long enough.

Werewolves are the strongest oppositions Vampires had and hunters, although mere mortals, were skilled enough to take down vampires if they had a greater number. With this new technological weapon they had developed, and this uncanny alliance, they had quite the advantage.

I just hope reinforcements arrive soon because we were steadily becoming outnumbered. We had great speed, strength and training but there were too many things working against us.

As the battle on the field outside the castle walls gained momentum, I felt a pierce in my shoulder as a werewolf attacked me while I was in combat with three other hunters.

I involuntarily screamed as I felt the pain from their venom but I head-butted him from the back of my head and pushed him down to the ground, put my arms around him and crushed his bones.

I used my speed to reach behind the hunter and pulled his heart out from his back. In another blink I reached for another two hunters tearing their heart out because I had already been disarmed with my hands as the only weapon I had. I grabbed one of their wooden stakes and with immense force threw it in the distance killing off or mortally wounding another hunter who was going to attack one of us while at the same time stopping an arrow mid-air from piercing my heart.

I grabbed the neck of another hunter cracking it but I felt a wooden arrow in my arm that I hadn't detected before. The venom must be working. I could feel my senses become dull.

Without blinking I pulled the arrow out and pushed it into a werewolf that was about to attack me.

Things did not look good.

-Z

If you haven't done it then like my facebook page, the link is on my profile! It will keep you updated on the status of this book among other things like spoilers. ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 475 53
Sequel To Broken Yet So Amazingly Perfect. I Know... I Know It's Been A Long Time Waiting (Lol See What I Did There) Anyways Hope You Enjoy It. Warni...
262K 11.4K 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘵...
1.5K 259 39
^^𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧- 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 ,𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲. ^^ 𝐑�...
10.3K 357 27
Before reading this book, please go and read my painfull love story first part. Without that you don't understand what's happening. As so many membe...