Rainbow Heart

By Kayashipsit

Red is unique, just like everyone else. He has his own colorful personality... More

Story Thing
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Q AND A!
Q and A answers!
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Listen Up
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter Who Gives A Fuck
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 18

304 21 24
By Kayashipsit

To clarify, when I say Cory in this chapter, I mean NewScapePro.

===========================

Red looked in wonder around Party City. He was surrounded by colorful balloons, sparkling ribbons, and huge displays of candy. There were noisemakers and flimsy hats lining the shelves. Ross was walking down the isles shoving things into the basket like it was a normal everyday thing. But to Red it was an experience. His first party store, his first birthday, the beginning of a normal life.

Ross was trying not to get impatient with Red as he proceeded to point at every thing in the store and say "what's that?"

"What's that?" Red asked.

Ross sighed. "That's a game called Twister. Listen, Red, how old are you?"

"Um... I don't know." Red admitted.

"Alright!" Ross looked him up and down, trying to guess how old he was. "So... Twenty it is!"

He shoved a pack of candles into the basket. "Oh! What are those?" Red asked. Ross sighed again. It was going to be a long day.

                –•❤️💛💚💙💜•–

"A birthday party?" Max looked up at Ross. "How old is he turning?"

"Um, 20." Ross said. "Are you coming?"

"Sure!" Max said, shoving another mouthful of cereal in. "When is it?"

"Tomorrow." Ross replied.

"Well that's kinda last minute."

Ross snorted. "Tell me about it."

Max finished off the last of his cereal. He smiled at Ross as he stood to put his bowl in the sink. "Well, it doesn't matter. As long as you're there it'll be fine." Max said, wrapping his arms around Ross' waist as he started washing Max's bowl for him.

Ross snorted with laughter. "Sure, Casanova. I love you too. Now go find something we can wrap as a gift."

"Not without my kiss." Max insisted. Ross gave a little groan of frustration and amusement before giving in. Turning away from the kitchen sink and kissing Max's cheek.

"There, now you go get Red a present!" Ross ordered, smacking Max's rear. After a yelp of surprise, Max grinned.

"Sure thing, nerd." Max replied, bowing sarcastically.

Tim walked in at that moment, grabbing a bag of pretzels. "Put my name on it too!" He shouted as Max was walking away. "I'm too lazy to get the guy a present!"

Ross shook his head. "Whatever. Tim, put on some anime."

–•❤️💛💚💙💜•–

Meanwhile Yellow and Barney were in their own house. They were baking the birthday cake. "How much chocolate, Yellow?" Barney asked with a smile.

"ALL OF IT!" He said giggling.

"As you wish, birthday boy." Barney said sweetly, putting a generous amount of cocoa powder in. "Chips?" He held up a bag of chocolate chips for Yellow to approve. Yellow hastily grabbed a large handful of the chips and shoved them into his mouth. After a moment of chewing Yellow grinned and poured some into the batter.

Yellow insisted on putting the cake in the oven. Barney put the gloves on his hands and stood by anxiously as he carefully lowered the cake into the heat of the oven. As soon as he cake was in the oven Barney slammed the door shut, breathing out a long sigh of relief. "Alright!" Barney gasped, still catching his breath. "Let's get ready for our guests!"

Yellow put up the decorations and smoothed the table cloth out on the table while Barney swept and wiped down the counters. Yellow put out the rainbow colored centerpiece and put the snack foods into bowls on the counter. They had Doritos and popcorn and plates of cocktail weenies. Everything was bright and clean by the time the cake was ready to come out of the oven.

Yellow chose to make the frosting rainbow as well to include all of his brothers in his birthday party. Barney let Yellow put as many sprinkles and candies on as he wanted. Sitting back and smiling at the sight of Yellow, giggling and joyful, pouring M&Ms over the frosting. In the end, it came out looking like a child decorated it. But it didn't matter. It was beautiful anyway. With Yellow's childish, innocent charm, it was undoubtedly the best birthday cake Barney had ever seen. Lastly they loaded their masterpiece with candles. Twenty candles in all.

"It's perfect!" Yellow exclaimed, clapping. Barney grinned, nodding and licking a spoon nearby.

"The frosting is great." He said. But when Barney heard the doorbell chime, he realized how much time had gone by.

"Yellow, you have to turn into Red now." Barney said. Yellow understood immediately, nodding and closing his eyes in concentration.

Barney went over to answer the door. When he opened it he saw Adam and Cory standing there. Both men holding brightly colored packages. "Hey guys!" Barney leaned forward to wrap his arms around them. "I didn't know you'd be here, Cory!"

"Am I unwelcome?" He asked. Barney laughed.

"Of course not! Come in!" Barney held the door open wider.

"Don't close that door!" They heard a voice yell from across the parking lot. Barney looked out to see Max, Tim, and Ross running straight for them. Tim held a gift bag and Ross held Max's hand. Following their request, Barney kept the door wide open for them as they walked in, winded.

"Thanks." Tim breathed.

"No problem. Red's in the kitchen." Barney said, then he panicked, realizing he might still be Yellow. "Uuuhh... Right, honey?!" He shouted.

"Yep!" Red said, coming around the corner.

"Wow." Adam said, looking surprised. "That's an interesting eye color! First time I met you I didn't notice because your hood was in your face. Are you wearing contacts?"

Barney's stomach jumped. "Oh, yeah! He likes it to match his hair."

Adam nodded. "Cool. I smell cake. Cake and chocolate. Please tell me you made a chocolate cake."

Red nodded, smiling.

"Yeah! Let's get you guys some food." Red led the guys into the kitchen. But Ross didn't follow. He stayed behind.

"Barney, I thought his eyes were that color naturally." He said. "When he had Purple hair and skin he had purple eyes."

Barney shushed him. "Sh! Yeah, his eyes are naturally that color. But it's not exactly a common color to see in eyes. I'd rather them not ask questions."

Ross nodded. "Alright. In that case, shall we join the festivities?"

Barney finally loosened up. Even allowing himself to smile. "That sounds great."

–•❤️💛💚💙💜•–

The party was great. Maybe a little bit young for Red's age, but Red had missed out on a lot of life. He deserved a childhood birthday party. Children's parties were just so much better.

First they sat and ate, talking and laughing. Red told them about how he met Barney, leaving out the part where he turned into Yellow, of course. Cory let Red decorate his curly blond hair with ribbons and they all did each other's makeup. The guys thought it was funny. But since Red had no concept of gender roles or expectations, he just thought it was a fun new art thing. They all had fun.

Eventually they played Twister, which got awkward and sexual and funny. Red was having a hard time containing his happiness. Time flew by, and soon they were opening gifts.

Tim, Max, and Ross got Red a rainbow striped scarf. "Barney explained to us that your favorite color is rainbow." Tim explained. Red smiled. He was having a hard time coming up with the words to express his gratitude towards Barney's friends for being so accepting of him. "Thank you guys so much." He said.

The next gift was from Adam. He gave Red a sketchbook with a professional colored pencil kit. "Barney told me about how you got jumped. And I imagine you get bored in the house all day." Adam said, winking. Red's hands were shaking now. "Thank you." He whispered.

The next gift was from Cory. Inside the packaging was a CD. On the surface in permanent marker were the words Red's Mixtape.

"Yeah, I didn't know what kind of music you liked so I just put together some stuff that people on Twitter suggested to me." Cory admitted. "Music is the best thing you can give someone."

Red had heard music before. He knew the word, he knew the meaning. It was what he heard on My Little Pony when Yellow was watching it. It's what he heard as background noise in the convenience store where he bought Barney panty liners. Music was what he heard downstairs when he was being beaten. Music had saved him in his darkest hours. It meant so much to him. Tears of joy ran down his face and he hugged the CD close to his chest.

"Thank you." He whispered.

Everyone in the room watched in wonder as Red glowed brightly. Even Barney. He had never seen Red change like this before. That's when he realized the light was a painfully bright golden color, and he knew what was happening.

"No!" He shouted, reaching out to grab onto Red, but it was too late. Red was gone. In his place was Yellow. Sitting his place crying tears of joy with the biggest smile on his face.

Deadly silence swept over the room. Everyone was blinking from the dazzling light and pure shock. Each face expressed confusion, shock, and horror.

Max was the first to speak, snapping everyone out of their spell. "What. The. Fuck."

"Um... I..." Adam whispered, his hands and shoulders shaking.

"Does anyone care to explain?" Ross said pointedly, staring at Barney. His eyes said it all.

Tell them.

"Okay." Barney sighed. "I was hoping to wait a bit longer before telling you this, but I have to explain."

Everyone sat quietly, waiting eagerly to explain. And after taking a long, deep breath, Barney did.

–•❤️💛💚💙💜•–

Now they were all in shock for a different reason. Some of them were even crying. Even Ross had learned new things. He looked like he was going to start sobbing any minute.

"So... Let me get this straight." Tim said shakily. "Red is a magical, color-changing being who was beaten as a child, has never seen the outside world three months before now, and you guys got attacked by the most infamous organized crime group in Washington state because he's the secret child of the Vacktor Incorporated family?"

"Um... Yeah." Barney said quietly. He knew their story was ridiculous. There was no way they'd believe him. It was just too weird.

"That explains a lot." Max said. Everyone muttered in agreement.

"Say what now?" Yellow asked.

"We believe you." Cory said. "Especially after seeing you change color."

"And..." Max gave a long sigh, like he couldn't believe what he was about to say. "We'll keep your secret."

Yellow smiled wide and wrapped his arms around Max. At first the ginger looked surprised. But eventually he just returned his friend's hug. And everything was perfect on Red's first birthday.

===========================

Ugh, now I feel dumb whenever I write numbers out. I never realized how stupid it is that I can't read numbers. I've been getting lost a lot at school because I read the map and I'll read "54" and "45" and I keep making the same mistakes over and over because I can't read numbers.

-💕 Bubblegum 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.5K 8.2K 15
Viajar al Amazonas a pesar de su disgusto le abriรณ los ojos para darse cuenta que al final... Todavรญa no era verdaderamente libre. . . . No. 1 en #t...
443K 45.1K 113
La verdad esta idea es pervertida al comienzo, pero si le ves mรกs a fondo en vastante tierno mรกs que perverso. nop, no hay Lemon, ecchi obviamente, p...
2.4M 244K 133
Dรณnde Jisung tiene personalidad y alma de niรฑo, y Minho solo es un estudiante malhumorado. โ โ”๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜บ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ, ยฟ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ซ...
499K 68.8K 43
Una sola noche. Dos mujeres lesbianas. ยฟUn embarazo? ยกImposible!