The Once and Future King

By MaddyLib_21

Hello! This is my Merlin fanfiction. Since I know I will never get over how Merlin ended, I made this in mode... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
The End

Chapter 11

516 31 3
By MaddyLib_21

I continue to watch her sitting there. It looks like she's waiting for someone. She keeps looking around every time someone walks by. After a few minutes of this she seems to have found who she was looking for. She stands up and smiles and waves at someone I cannot see. When the girl does come into view I can only see the back of her. Morgana embraces her in a hug. From the back I can see the girl is shorter than Morgana, has short and dark wavy hair, and darker skin. As they release each other they sit down and start talking. I still can't see the other girl very well though. She is facing the other direction.
While I'm looking on I consider everything I know about Morgana. When I first met her she was so kind and compassionate. She cared so much about others even before herself. We were friends, I think sadly. Then everything changed. She disappeared for a year and when she came back she was completely changed. She became corrupt, and I blame a lot of that on myself. I poisoned her, I didn't tell her about my magic, I judged her based on what I thought she was going to be rather than she was at the moment. I could've saved her, but I pushed her away.
Wait, I stop myself. What does this have anything to do with what's going on right now? I don't know anything about this Morgana. I assume that she has the same or a very similar personality as she used to have. Looking at her from a distance she seems happy and peaceful. So I messed up before but maybe this is a chance to start over. It all depends on whether she remembers or not, and I would assume she does not.
I really ought to go over and find out more. But on the other hand, she is talking to someone. I think I'll just wait a while, but I should probably stop hiding behind a tree. I've been getting some pretty weird looks from people. So I look around and find a bench I can sit on and still have a pretty good view. I go over and sit.
I still can't fully see Morgana's friend. Although there's something vaguely familiar about her. I mean I've met a lot of people over the years so she probably reminds me of one of them. Yet at the same time, there's something that gives me a weird feeling about those two. Kind of a déjà vu feeling. I look down at my watch and realize, I been here for an hour! That other girl has to walk away at some point, and then I'll be able to see her.
I sit there a few more minutes I continue to wonder why seeing those two together gives me a weird feeling. Then the girl with short dark hair starts to move. She looks like she's about to stand up. I make sure to watch intently so I don't miss it. She gets up and waves to Morgana and starts to walk in my direction.
When she turns to face my way I nearly fall out of my seat. I would know that face anywhere. How could I have been so stupid? I didn't even suspect...
Guinevere.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 1.9K 13
Arthur and Merlin are connected by a Magic stronger than any other but while Merlin tries his best to keep his Soulmate alive, Arthur ignores his sou...
18.9K 760 17
COMPLETED!! This Is a Merlin fan fiction. Merlin still lives in Ealdor. But what happens if Merlin and Arthur meet or communicate when they are kids...
33.1K 1.3K 21
When Arthur rises again, 40 000 years later, Merlin is nothing but ecstatic especially when he finds out Arthur feels the same way he has since life...
12.9K 481 23
Revealfic set after 4x10: The Druid boy leaves a lasting impression on Arthur and in an attempt to fulfill his promise to the spirit he sets out to...