3000 Nights

By LiteraryMusician

▪▪▪ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the oth... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
••EPILOGUE••

33

2.7K 157 34
By LiteraryMusician

Belle's POV

▪▪▪

Something was wrong.

I looked down at my cup and the room swayed.

What the....?

I had barely finished my drink.

I wasn't a light weight.

I could usually finish off at least 4 or 5 of these before things started to sway and the room started to tip.

But I had barely had 1/2 of my first cup.

No something was definitely wrong.

I fumbled into the kitchen, needing to get some water.

Looking around I realized most of the party was passed out on the floor, or stumbling and tripping, like myself.

I looked at my cup again.

That couldn't be.

I had maybe 5 moderate sips.

I felt trashed... I also felt sick... and so so sleppy...

Shit... where was Krystal.

She left with Dom... how long ago was that?

I finally made my way to the sink. I emptied the contents of the cup and searched for a new one, that I filled to the brim with water.

I needed air. I needed to think clearly.

Something was seriosuly wrong, and I don't know where Krystal went, and there was no way I could help her in this state I'm in.

I pushed my way through the crowd of bodies piled up all over the floor. People were passed out everywhere.

On the ground, on tables, in chairs, on counters, against walls. It was like everyone was on some kind of drug...

It was like we were all drugged!!!

I needed to get outside and force myself throw up whatever Dom had given me.

I thought how sickening it was the Dom Larson had drugged his entire party.

I finally made my way to the door, which I was seeing double of. I pushed outside and gulped in a huge breath of fresh air.

It was just as bad out here, looking around I noticed bunches of people out cold. Laying in the grass, on top of each other, some people were dangling precariously over the railing and sides of the deck. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I lost my balance as I tripped over someone's arm. I fell to my knees and tried to calm myself down.

Breath Belle. Breathe.

I ended up crawling over to the stairs of the deck. I pulled myself up and propped my body against the railing and started gagging myself with my finger. I couldn't let whatever drug Dom had given me to knock me out like the rest of the party.

He had Krystal and he could be trying to kill her right now!!

Oh my God.

I pushed my finger further causing myself to retch and gag until I felt the familiar sensation of bile coming up and I leaned over the railing to let it all out.

I threw up a mixture of red liquid and what must have been my dinner, but I wasn't satisfied that the drug was out of my system.

So, I pushed further causing a second wave of nausea to leave me.

I was yakking and crying and gagging through my mess as I looked up to see an enormous black wolf approach me.

This was her wolf. Krystal's wolf. This was him.

I wiped my mouth and dried my eyes with the back of my shirt. "T...Travi...is...?" I questioned.

He looked at me with his all knowing blue eyes, he looked angry, furious even, but for some reason he didn't scare me. Maybe because I knew he was angry about Krystal and Dom.

I looked past him to see, what had to be more than a hundred wolves, pacing back and forth at the edge of the woods. Some had come closer to the house, like Travis had, but most were near the forest line. Watching and waiting for what their Alpha would do next.

"He took her. I don't know where they went... Maybe his room? And he... he... poisoned us. There... there was some kind of drug in our drinks. It made me dizzy, and tired. I think I got it all out of my system... But we have to find her... we have to!!" I screamed.

Travis came closer to me, walking closer to the steps of the deck, and for some reason I backed away. This made him take another step. He stood behind a big potted plant that was placed at the bottom step of the deck. I could still see him, but only the top of his head.

Then all of a sudden he started shaking his whole body seemed to be vibrating. Then came the cracking, and sound of breaking bones. "Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my... Oh.. my fúcking... God!! Travis?!?" I screamed, completly confused and scared of what I was witnessing.

The fur turned to flesh and bones, his snout turned into the nose of a man with a mouth drawn and pulled into a tight line. His onyx colored fur turned into identically colored tousled hair, and a short 5 o'clock shadow, with smatterings of chest hair inching it's way down his abdomen.

In front of me stood the most mystical gorgeous male I had ever seen.

The only thing that remained the same were his eyes.

Krystal was sure one lucky duck.

But we had to find her.

"Oh my God, I mean I believed her and all, but I never thought about actually seeing it with my own eyes. You're actually a man, and a wolf." I said in shock.

"Yes." Replied a deep voice. "But we need to find her. And now. We need to go inside." He said stiffly.

"Uhmm... I think. I think... you need some..." before I could finish a beautiful caramel brown colored wolf was beside Travis' human form with a lump of cloth in his mouth.

"Thanks Derek." He mumbled as he put on a pair of dark jeans and a tight fitting grey thermal shirt.

Clothes. I finished in my mind. He needed clothes. Well at least that pretty wolf brought him some.

The pretty wolf in question, Derek, he said, was coming closer to where I was sitting. He started sniffing the air like crazy!

What was wrong with this animal!? I looked into his light brown eyes and almost melted. What!?

The wolf Derek whimpered.

Why did he do that!? I gave him an odd look but he just kept staring at me.

Weird animal. I returned my attention back to Travis, who was... where was he...? "Travis? Hello? Where are you? What are you just gonna leave me alone out here with with a pack of wolves...? I started searching the lawn and forest for a tall male, to no avail.

I stood up and turned towards the house, seeing Travis almost at the back door and about to burst through Dom's house and into the kitchen.

"Wait! Stop! Where are you..." I called after him.

"Times up. He's up to something and I need to get Krystal out of there before he hurts her!" He yelled back.

I sighed, but knew he was right, so I followed him inside. I realized I felt better after making myself get sick. I can't believe I was drugged by Dom. Well, I guess I can... he is a monster after all...

Oh shit. That means... Krystal!!! Krystal's been drugged too!! And Mia!!! Oh no.

I trailed closely behind Travis, following him through the halls of Dom's immaculate mansion. He seemed to know where he was going.

I realized he was sniffing the air and pausing ever few hundred steps. He must be sniffing out her scent.

We walked for what seemed like forever when I felt a searing spark of lightning touch me on the shoulder. I nearly lept out of my skin and but stifled a scream as I turned to see a gorgeous man illuminated by the moonlight shining through the windows in the hallway.

He had soft feautures, a nose that fit him just right, with round, pouty, kissable lips. Wait, where did that come from.

I shook the cobwebs from my brain as I drank in his handsome looks. His hair was short, but messy atop his head, and colored a light brown, with muted blonde highlights.

Wow. He was beautiful. But I couldn't be drooling over this guy right now, I had way more important things to do and think about. But his hand was still on my shoulder and all I could think about was his warm fingers sending waves of fire through my veins. All the way from my head to my toes.

That was probably just the drugs and alcohol wearing off...

I looked down at his hand and he hastily dropped his arm to his side. Cold replaced the hot electric shocks that he had been igniting through me.

"Hi." He whispered in a soft voice. "I'm Derek, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry."

Derek.

Wasn't that the brown wolf from outside?

I smiled sheepishly as he continued to give me his flashy, bright smile, that seemed to make something deep down inside of me warm up to a boil.

"How the hell are you in human form right now Derek?" Travis asked from in front of me.

"I don't know, you both ran inside, so I ran after you. And I just started fighting my wolf. All I made myself think about was the change, of my body shifting back to a human. It helped that this house is kept at a warm temperature too. I don't know what will happen when I go back outside... But it's nice to be human again, even if for a little while." Derek explained. All I could to was stare at him in wonder. He was the pretty chestnut colored wolf from ouside, and now he was a breathtakingly handsome human man in front of me.

Speaking and moving like a regular person.

This was a lot to take in. I had seen both these men as wolves, and now they stood in front of me as men.

I came back to reality as Derek's touch sent shock waves through my arm and all the way up and down my body, igniting a fire I never knew existed.

"Watcha thinking about beautiful?" He questioned with sparkling brown eyes and a killer Chip Skylark smile.

"Umm... noo... nothing... just... Krystal. I... I... I want to get my friend back." I stuttered, not knowing where my head or voice went.

Stupid Belle. Wake up, he's just a good looking guy. Nothing to get your panties in a twist for.

"We will, you have my word. I promise." He said softly as he whispered into my ear.

I almost melted into a puddle at the timbre of his voice vibrating against my eardrums.

"Shut the fúck up dude. I have way more important things to worry about than you getting distracted by a pretty face and flirting your ass off." Travis seethed meanly in front of me.

"You know you don't have to be so mean." I told him.

I heard a growl from behind me, and cowered in fear until I realized it was coming from Derek.

What the...

"I'm sorry Belle. You're right. I'm being rude. But right now, my mate is fúcking missing and in the arms of a sick murderous wolf and my Beta is standing in a hallway flirting you. I'm sorry I'm a little on fúcking edge and tense right now. But Krystal could be hurt, or worse for all I know. I can't even feel her through our mind link!!" He screamed. He was breathing heavily, and pinched is temples in between his thumb and middle finger. I knew he was holding back as much anger as he could, it was obvious he was about to blow a gasket. Hell, I don't know how I was staying to calm with my best friend missing.

I guess that was me in situations like this. I just kept my head clear and as level headed as I could so I could think rationally.

"I wasn't flirting you ass. She's mine!!" Derek said angrily from behind me.

What!?

"WHAT!!?" Yelled Travis.

"You heard me." Was all that Derek replied with.

Now I was fúcking confused.

Travis growled but said nothing. He continued walking through the dark halls of Dom's house, until we reached a door that was closed.

"Are they in there?" I whispered.

"I don't feel anyone in there, but I can smell her." Travis answered. He tried the doorknob but is was locked. Next he picked up his foot and kicked once, and the door splintered into tiny pieces, clearing the entry way for us.

It looked like he barley used any strength and that door just burst open.

The room was dim, and there was no one inside.

"What the fúck!?!?" Travis bellowed. "I can smell them. Where did they go!?" He was screaming as he started to rip the room apart.

He threw the bed, knocked over tables with lamps and completly overturned the dresser.

He then moved to the closet and started ripping clothes off the hangers throwing them everywhere.

"Travis, Travis, stop..." I said as I cowered away from his anger in a corner across the room. "Travi..." I started to say but then realized there was something odd about the closet.

There was an outline of a small door against the back wall, once hidden by clothes, now fully exposed as Travis ripped the shirts from their spots.

"Alpha... look!" Derek said pointing to the door inside the closet.

"WHAT!!??" He yelled.

"Travis look at that hidden door." I came closer to push away some of the shirts still on the hanger to reveal the rest of the doors outline.

He was still aggressively pacing back and forth. So, I took it upon myself to try and open the door. I knelt down in front of it, and looked closer. It looked as if it was recently used, because all the shoes on the floor were pushed to the side.

There was a tiny handle embedded into the wood of the door, so I pulled on it.

It opened up into darkness. Derek came up behind me and crouched next to me. The warmth and closeness of his body melted some of the fear in the pit of my stomach. He pulled out his cellphone and turned on the flashlight illuminating old rickety stairs and what looked like a long unerground tunnel.

"Alpha, look! There's some sort of passage way. Maybe they went this way." Derek said as he turned towards Travis.

Travis turned to look. His feautures softened, if only for a moment. "Where do you think it leads?" He asked as he turned towards me.

"Me?" I asked, shocked he was directing that question at me.

"Yes, you. You know him better than we do. Where do you think it leads?" Travis asked again.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I didn't even know there were tunnels under the town. Are we going to go down there and follow him?" I Asked.

"We!? No!" Travis growled out. "You, are going to stay right here. Actually Derek is going to take you to the pack house. Right Derek?" Travis asked, surely trying to urge Derek into doing as he said. He didn't seem like the kind of guy you wanted to mess with when he spoke to you with that tone of voice.

"Whatever you want Alpha." Derek replied blankly.

No. That wouldn't do. I wouldn't bend over and kneel that quickly.

"No way, I'm coming with you. I need to make sure Krystal is alright!!" I urged.

"No. I will make sure she is alright, as will the rest of the pack. You will go back to our house and stay safely locked up until I come back with Krystal."

"I'm not just some animal you can lock up! I'm coming!" I yelled.

"You are just another person I will need to keep safe while fighting Dom to get Krystal back. And if you get hurt or anything happens to you Krystal will never speak to me again! This is wasting time. Take her back Derek. NOW!!"

Travis' eyes had glossed over and he was staring off into space. I wasn't sure what that meant but all of a sudden I felt tingles around my waist as Derek pulled me back towards the door.

"No!! No!!! Let me come with you dammit!" I screeched as I was rapidly pulled down the halls by this burly gorgeous monster man, and back outside. "What the hell man! Let me go!! Okay!! Okay!!! I'll cooperate and walk!! Jesus."

I noticed at lest 6 or 7 wolves burst through the halls as we made our way outside, going towards where we left Travis in that room. Probably to follow him through the tunnel.

Fúck.

I needed to get to Krystal. I'll think of something.

Derek led me back to the deck outside. As soon as we reached the stairs he paused and started shivering. I caught him by the arm, "Are you okay? You're shivering! Are you going to turn back to to wolf."

"Ughhh... Yes. No. Maybe. I don't know. I'm not sure if I can help it. It'll be faster to get home this way anyways." He said through clenched teeth. I could tell he was fighting tooth and nail to win whatever war was waging inside of him.

All of a sudden the air around him shook and bones started cracking. I jumped back in shock. That was a sound I'll never get used to. His clothes ripped to shreds as limbs tuned into paws and a tail.

The brown colored wolf landed where Derek had just stood, letting out a sing-song howl to the moon.

He looked at me with his light shining eyes, and nodding his head. He was trying to communicate something with me, but I wasn't sure what.

He walked closer to me and sat at my feet and waited for about 5 seconds before he decided not to wait any longer and grabbed my pants by his teeth and somehow he managed to swing me over him, and onto his back.

That shocked me. He stood perfectly still for a few moments letting me get settled on his back. His fur was warm and soft, and all I wanted to do was nestle my head closer to his. So I did.

He smelt like the woods. Cold and wet and sweet. I inhaled another huge gulp of his scent, committing it to memory. It was one of the most amazingly comforting smells I'd ever experienced.

And as soon as I stopped wiggling around, he took off like a bat out of hell and went straight into the woods.

Well, my plan failed. If I were to try and get away now I'd probably break a limb jumping off onto the ground. And then where would I go? Hobble my way back to Dom's with a broken leg? I didn't know where Travis was going or where those tunnels led to.

I decided to plea, that was the only way I could saftey get him to take to where Travis was headed.

I needed to help save Krystal.

"Please, please!!!" I cried. "I need to save my best friend... You don't understand, we do everything together! We tell eachother everything! I don't know what ill doe with myself if she ends up hurt... or worse... please!!!" I pleaded while gripping his fur tightly.

This caused a growl to erupt from his chest. My body trembled with the power and force of it.

He seemed to change his direction from straight ahead, to veering towards the right. I really hope my begging helped.

"Are you following Travis? I know you can understand me. And I know you would do everything in your power to get Travis back safely if he were in danger. Please!! I need to get Krystal back."

He started to run faster and faster. Soon enough we emerged from the woods and hit pavement, and I realized where we were going.

We were headed towards the docks...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 95.5K 78
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🔞) Three mates. One destiny. A world on the brink of destruction. At 27, Riley thought she knew who she w...
5.5K 156 20
"I felt your pain, Derek." she whispered. "The moment the alpha impaled you, I felt it." "Calista." he said, his voice dominant and yet full of care...
229K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
93.7K 4.2K 54
Ayn is a witch with healing powers. Shapeshifters have killed her parents and the only animals she cannot speak with are wolves. When she graduates...