Worlds Colliding (Pretty Litt...

By heartofice97

It has been a year since Alison DiLaurentis has disappeared, leaving her friends and her family in her wake... More

characters & outfit links
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - The Jenna Thing
chapter 3 - To Kill a Mocking Girl
chapter 4 - Can You Hear Me Now?
chapter 6 - There's No Place Like Homecoming
chapter 7 - The Homecoming Hangover
chapter 8 - Please, Do Talk About Me When I'm Gone
chapter 9 - The Perfect Storm
chapter 10 - Keep Your Friends Close
chapter 11 - Moments Later
chapter 12 - Salt Meets Wound
chapter 13 - Know Your Frenemies
chapter 14 - Careful What U Wish 4
chapter 15 - If At First You Don't Succeed, Lie, Lie Again
chapter 16 - Je Suis une Amie
chapter 17 - The New Normal
chapter 18 - The Badass Seed
chapter 19 - A Person of Interest
chapter 20 - Someone to Watch Over Me
chapter 21 - Monsters in the End
chapter 22 - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Bloopers

chapter 5 - Reality Bites Me

500 22 8
By heartofice97

Outfits in external link

From 1.03 "To Kill a Mocking Girl", in Ezra's classroom, Aria walked in.

Peyton: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (Pretty Little Liars)"

Aria looked at Ezra. "Hey."

"Hey," Ezra told her.

"Do you have plans this weekend?" Aria asked.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the bar's bathroom, Ezra and Aria were making out.

Ezra: (voice over from 1.03 To Kill a Mocking Girl) "I think we should talk about the homework assignment."

From 1.03 "To Kill a Mocking Girl", in the photo booth, Emily and Maya kissed.

Emily: (voice over from 1.02 The Jenna Thing) "I think there's something wrong with me."

Maya and Emily opened the curtain, walking out of the booth.

Emily looked at the photo dispenser to find it empty. "Where are the pictures?"

From 1.04 "Can You Hear Me Now?", in the chemistry room, Emily and Toby sat at their table.

Emily opened her chemistry book, flipping through the pages until she saw the pictures from the photo booth in 1.03 To Kill a Mocking Girl.

Toby looked up.

Emily slammed her book closed.

From 1.03 "To Kill a Mocking Girl", in the Kahn barn, Hanna was crying, looking at Sean. "Any guy at this party would be happy to be with me."

"We've already talked about this, okay?" Sean asked.

From 1.03 "To Kill a Mocking Girl", outside the Kahn House, People were partying just as much on the outside as the inside.

Hanna walked past all the people, toward Sean's car.

Madison saw her, noticing that her older sister was upset. "Hanna." Hanna ignored her, walking toward Sean's car. Madison followed her. "Hanna." Hanna got into Sean's car. "Wait, why are you taking Sean's car? Hanna!"

Hanna drove away, leaving.

Madison watched her go in complete confusion.

From 1.03 "To Kill a Mocking Girl", on the road, It was revealed that Hanna had wrecked the car against a tree.

Hanna walked away, crying.

Tom: (voice over from 1.04 Can You Hear Me Now?) "You will work off the cost of repairs in Sean's mother's office."

From 1.04 "Can You Hear Me Now?", in the school hallway, Pen, Peyton, Lucy and Madison were standing at Pen's locker.

Peyton looked disconcerted.

"Okay, what's a Golden Orchid?" Lucy asked.

Peyton turned to face her friends. "It's a national competition for historical writing."

From 1.03 "To Kill a Mocking Girl", in the Hastings House's kitchen, Peyton uploaded Melissa's essay onto her laptop. She looked at the top right hand corner.

Melissa Hastings

AP Russian History

3/24/04

Peyton changed it to:

Peyton Hastings

AP Russian History

9/24/10

Pen: (voice over from 1.04 Can You Hear Me Now?) "More academic bling for Peyton."

From 1.03 "To Kill a Mocking Girl", outside the Brew, the Montgomery family were sitting together.

Meredith was there.

Aria: (voice over from 1.03 To Kill a Mocking Girl) "I saw the way you were looking at my dad."

From 1.03 "To Kill a Mocking Girl", in the office, Aria and Meredith were talking.

"Find someone who's available," Aria told her. "My dad isn't."

From 1.04 "Can You Hear Me Now?", in the living room of the Montgomery House, Ella was sitting in a chair, reading a letter, very upset.

Aria walked in. "Mom?"

Ella stood, walking toward Aria, handing her the letter, walking out of the room, leaving.

Aria watched her go in confusion. She read the letter.

From 1.04 "Can You Hear Me Now?", in Pen's room, Pen and Madison were talking.

"Somebody's been in the house," Pen told her.

Later, Pen and Madison were waiting.

Peyton and Lucy walked in.

They looked at the mirror.

A message had been written in lipstick.

It won't be that easy, bitches

--A

---- / -----

Day One

Morning - Hastings House - Kitchen

(Song:) Heard It All Before - Meiko 

Aria was showing Dakota, Spencer, Emily and Hanna the letter. "A sent this letter to my mom."

"You know it's not your fault," Emily told her. "It's your dad's mistake." Dakota looked down at the mention of a dad's mistakes. "Totally."

"It is my fault," Aria told them.

"You did not hook up with her and ask your kid to cover for you," Dakota told her.

"Ali said I should've told my mom right after it happened," Aria told them.

"Ali?" Dakota repeated. "Alison knew?"

"Yeah," Aria answered. "She was with me."

"So Alison saw this Meredith person?" Spencer asked.

"Meredith?" Hanna repeated. "Her name's Meredith? Ew. That's not even a cute girl name. I'm seeing big pours and mousy roots."

"Han, I think it's a little too soon to judge," Spencer told her.

"I'm sorry," Hanna told them. "But if you're gonna cheat, you might do it with someone who deep conditions their hair occasionally."

Dakota handed a plate with bagels to Hanna. "Here. Put something in your mouth besides your foot."

Hanna looked at Aria sincerely. "I'm sorry. Okay, look, all I'm saying is that when my dad left, laughing sometimes helped. So does crying."

"My father hasn't left, guys," Aria told them, standing, walking toward Dakota and Emily at the edges of the kitchen island counter. "I mean, this happened over a year ago." They didn't answer. "You think he's gonna leave?"

"Look," Emily told her. "Whatever happens, we're here for you."

Aria nodded.

---- -----  

DiLaurentis House (Temporary) - Living Room

Pen, Madison, Peyton and Lucy were sitting in couches and chairs, talking.

"Thank you, guys, for staying here," Pen told them. "I couldn't have been here alone."

"When's your brother getting back?" Madison asked.

"This afternoon," Pen answered.

"Aren't you gonna clean up the mirror before he gets here?" Peyton asked.

Pen didn't answer.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Lucy asked.

Pen nodded. "Thanks, Lucy."

"Lucy's right, we should all go," Peyton told them.

"Thanks, Peyton," Pen told her.

Pen, Lucy and Peyton stood, walking toward the stairs.

Madison remained sitting on the couch. "Peyton, you know, it doesn't take four of us to clean a mirror, so why don't you, Lucy and Pen go, and I just wait here?"

"Okay, fine," Pen told her. "You stay down here. Alone."

"Make sure you lock the door, Madison," Peyton told her.

Madison thought about A just waltzing in the night before. "Right. You spray, I wipe."

Madison stood, walking toward them and the stairs.

Pen's phone rang. She looked at it. "Ugh. The creature's back. We should've never unblocked our phones."

"What's it say?" Lucy asked.

(Song Ends)

Pen showed them the text with an attachment.

Ever wonder what's going on when your back is turned?

--A

"Open the attachment," Peyton told her.

Pen opened the attachment.

It was a video from the night before, videoing the girls finding the message on the mirror.

"That's us," Lucy told her. "Was that shot from inside your closet?"

They looked upstairs.

"A was watching us," Madison told them.

They walked upstairs.

---- -----  

Pen's Room

Pen, Lucy, Peyton and Madison walked in.

Pen walked toward her closet, opening the door, searching.

Something fell to the floor.

The other three girls gasped.

Pen stepped closer. "Guys." She picked up the object from the floor. "Check it out."

It was lipstick.

Pen opened the cap, looking to the mirror that had lip stick written on it. She rubbed the stick on the back of her hand, walking toward the mirror, putting her hand on the edge of the mirror, comparing the two reds together.

It was the same shade.

Pen sighed, lowering her hand to her side.

---- -----

Opening Credits

(Song:) Secret - The Pierces

A closeup of Lucy's brown eyes showed her applying mascara to her lashes.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Got a secret."

Dakota applied lipgloss to her lips with a small brush.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Can you keep it?"

Spencer fastened her black high heel.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Swear this one you'll save."

Hanna curled a piece of her blonde hair.

Madison painted her nails pink.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Better lock it."

Aria applied eyeshadow to her eye.

The Pierces: (voice over) "In your pocket."

Pen stood next to Alison's coffin, closing her eyes.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Taking this one."

Emily folded Alison's arms over her chest.

The Pierces: (voice over) "To the grave."

Mara, Lucy and Emily closed the coffin.

The Pierces: (voice over) "If I show you then I know you."

The girls were standing around Alison's coffin, all in black funeral dresses.

The Pierces: (voice over) "Won't tell what I said."

There was a closeup of Pen. She put a finger to her lips. "Shh."

The Pierces: (voice over) "'Cause two can keep a secret."

Pen disappeared.

A message appeared in the clouds that had been behind her.

Worlds Colliding (Pretty Little Liars)

The Pierces: (voice over) "If one of them is dead."

(Song Ends)

---- -----

Montgomery House - Aria's Room

Aria was getting ready for school, applying mascara.

Mike and Evan walked in. 

"How do you not poke your eyeball?" Mike asked.

Aria smiled a small smile, putting the mascara away. "What's up?"

"Uh, nothing," Evan told her. Aria turned to face them. "Look, um... are Mom and Dad acting weird with each other?"

Aria shook her head. "What do you mean, Evan?"

"I mean, I don't know," Evan told her. "There's a vibe."

"Yeah, maybe," Aria told him, turning to grab her bag. "Evan, don't worry about it, okay?"

"You're only gonna do one eye?" Mike asked. "Is that a new cyclops look?"

Aria gave them a look, putting down her bag to return to her makeup, adding mascara to her other eye.

Evan smirked, walking out, leaving.

Mike hesitated, following.

---- -----  

Kitchen

Byron and Ella were arguing secretly.

"Listen, I can take Mike and Evan to practice if you want," Byron told her.

"I can do it," Ella told him.

"Well, I'm done by 3:00," Byron told her.

Ella walked toward the sink to put dishes away. "I'll do it."

"Should we find someone to talk to?" Byron asked. "A counselor, therapist?"

Ella walked closer. "You would feel more comfortable talking to a stranger in some office than you would in your own kitchen?"

"Yeah, but we're not talking, Ella," Byron told her.

Ella took the coffee cup from him. "Are you done with this?"

Mike and Evan walked toward the door.

"See you later," Mike told them.

"Bye," Ella told them.

"See ya," Evan told them.

Mike and Evan walked out, leaving.

Ella put the coffee cup in the sink.

Byron turned to her. "All right, tell me what I need to do to make this better. Do you want me to move out?"

"Don't make that my decision," Ella told him.

"Well, do you think it would help?" Byron asked.

Ella walked closer. "How? By making me deal with Aria, Evan and Mike's confusion alone? Or by making me the bad guy that kicked their dad out?"

"Are Aria, Evan and Mike gonna be any less confused seeing us walk around here like sulky roommates?" Byron asked.

Aria walked in. "Hey."

"Do you want some breakfast?" Ella asked. "There's yogurt."

"No, I'm--I'm good with a granola bar," Aria answered.

"I'm going to, uh, going to go to work," Byron told them. "I've got office hours." He looked at Aria. "Hey, good luck with that French test, sweetheart."

Byron walked out, leaving.

Aria looked at Ella. "Look, Mike and Evan know something's up. Are you gonna tell them?"

"Yeah," Ella answered. "You know, when I can."

"Okay, well, just don't wait too long," Aria told her. "It was way too hard to keep it from you for a year. I don't want to have to do that to Mike and Evan, too."

"A year?" Ella repeated. "You've known about this for a year?"

"Yeah," Aria answered. "I thought Dad..." Ella looked away. "He didn't tell you that he asked me to... Mom, I can miss first period if you want to talk."

Ella shook her head. "It's okay. This is between me and your dad." She brushed back Aria's hair. "Don't worry."

Ella walked away.

Aria sighed, closing her eyes in frustration and regret.

---- -----  

Street

(Song:) I Will Follow - Katie Herzig 

Hanna walked along with a shopping bag. 

The bag burst, making a pair of white tennis shoes fall to the ground.

Hanna sighed, picking the shoes up.

Sean walked toward her. "Need some help?"

Hanna smiled. "Oh, hi. Hey. No, no, I got it. Um, stupid shoe."

"My mom forgot to mention the new job required a uniform, huh?" Sean asked.

"No, it's cool," Hanna told him. "I like it. Hideous looks good on me."

They chuckled, starting to speak at the same time. When Hanna said, "I know that--", Sean said, "Listen, I tried--"

"Sorry," Hanna told him. "What were you gonna say?"

"I tried to take the fall for the car," Sean answered.

"You did?" Hanna asked. "Why?"

"I felt really bad about what went down at Noel's party," Sean answered. "So I told my parents I gave you the keys and I'd pay for the repairs."

"No," Hanna told him, pulling her hair out of her face. "No, I should pay for the repairs. It was my fault. Besides, I think working in a dentist office will help me with my fear."

"Scared of dentists?" Sean asked.

Hanna shook her head. "Children." Sean chuckled, looking down. "Your mom is making me hand out sugar-free lollipops to six-year-olds. They don't bite at that age, do they?" Sean laughed. "Look, I know that we haven't talked since that night, but since we are now, do you wanna talk about homecoming? I mean, do you still wanna go? You know, with me?"

(Song Ends)

"I, uh, hadn't really thought about it," Sean told her. "Coach has us on a lot of two-a-days. That's a lot of pressure. And with everything else going on, I just..."

"Yeah, no, I get it," Hanna told him.

"No, well, we--we should," Sean told her. "Talk about it." Hanna nodded, looking down sadly. A car pulled up. The girl driving honked the horn. Sean looked at Hanna. "I gotta go. That's my ride."

Sean got into the car with the blonde cheerleader, driving away.

Hanna shook her head, sighing, walking away.

---- -----  

Rosewood High School - Hallway

Pen, Peyton, Lucy and Madison were at Peyton's locker.

"You don't seriously think that a blind girl broke into my house," Pen told them. "That'd take a lot more than a talking GPS."

"Well, I didn't say that Jenna was alone," Madison told them.

Lucy rolled her eyes. "Let's not go to the Toby place."

"Why not?" Madison asked. "You guys think her guide dog left behind her lip stick?"

"Yeah, Lucy, do you wanna ask what your neighbor was doing last night?" Peyton asked. "If, you know, maybe he took a break from sitting on his porch, pulling the heads off of squirrels."

Lucy opened her mouth to speak.

Mr. Sheldrake walked closer. "Peyton. Sorry, ladies, I didn't mean to interrupt, but I hope you're as proud of your friend as I am." He held out a packet envelope to Peyton. "Congratulations. My instincts were right. This just makes it official."

Peyton put the envelope in her locker.

"What was that about?" Pen asked.

"An essay contest," Peyton answered.

"Wait," Lucy told her. "Did you win it? Aren't you at least gonna open the envelope?"

"Why should she, Lucy?" Madison asked. "Peyton wins an award for waking up."

Peyton smiled nervously.

The bell rang.

They walked away toward their classes.

---- -----  

Chemistry Lab

Toby and Emily sat together.

Dakota sat at the table behind them.

The class was doing a science experiment.

Emily looked at Toby. "Sodium borate."

Emily stirred the contents of their beaker.

"Easy," Toby told her. "That glass beaker's made of... glass."

Emily nodded sarcastically. "Maybe you should do it. I've had too much coffee and not enough sleep."

"Big party on a Thursday night?" Toby asked.

"No," Emily answered. "I slept at a friend's. What did you do last night?"

"Sat at the Grille doing homework," Toby answered.

"That's where you study?" Emily asked.

"Got to," Toby told her. "Jenna listens to her lectures loudly, and it messes me up. She doesn't like using her headphones at home."

"Why the Grille?" Emily asked. "It's not exactly quiet there, either."

"It is if you stay long enough," Toby told her. "So, whose house did you stay at last night? That new girl?"

"Who, Maya?" Emily asked. "Why would you think that?"

"Just figured she's the newest member of your posse," Toby answered. "Has she learned the secret handshake yet?"

Emily looked down. "She's... more my friend than the group's."

"Why is that?" Toby asked.

"She just cares about different things," Emily answered.

"Different's good," Toby told her. "I like different." Emily looked up. "This town has too much of the same."

---- -----  

Ezra's Classroom

(Song:) Always a First Time - Jets Overhead

Ezra was picking up papers from the empty students's desks.

Aria walked in, closing the door behind her. "Hey, there."

"Hey," Ezra told her. "I've been thinking about you." Aria walked closer. "Uh, how are things with your family?"

"They're tense and getting worse," Aria answered. "Can you give me an excuse not to go home? Extra credit assignment or six-hour detention?" 

Ezra chuckled. "Uh, I'm sorry. I actually can't stay late today. Uh, I've got this... thing."

Ezra walked past her toward his desk.

Aria turned to face him. "Oh."

"Well, no, it's--it's not a thing," Ezra told her. "It's just a, um... thing." Aria looked at him in confusion. "A reading... of a story... that I wrote."

"You're reading it out loud?" Aria asked. Ezra nodded. "Can I come?"

"You can," Ezra answered. "But if it sucks, I'm going to hurt myself. You'd be a witness. It could get ugly."

Aria chuckled. "You're the teacher. I'm the student, remember?"

They smiled.

(Song Ends)

---- -----  

Mall - Elevator

Madison was taking the elevator up.

The doors opened to reveal Jenna on the other side.

Madison was surprised and uncomfortable, backing away toward the back of the elevator so she wouldn't know she was there.

Jenna walked in. 

The elevator went up.

Jenna pulled out lip stick, putting it on.

Madison stepping closer slightly to look at the shade of red she was using.

Jenna knew she was watching, putting the lip stick away. "Do you like the color?"

Madison backed away, nodding. "Uh-huh."

"Thank you," Jenna told her.

The elevator stopped.

Jenna walked out.

Madison watched her go uncomfortably.

---- / -----  

Hastings House - Living Room

Peter was sitting on the couch.

Peyton and Spencer walked in after practice.

"Hey," Peter told them. He nodded to a box on the table in front of him. "Those are for you, Peyton. Butter creams. They're your favorite, right?"

"Yeah, they were, when I was, like, seven," Peyton answered. Peter smiled a small smile. "Thanks, Dad."

"I spoke with Mr. Sheldrake," Peter told her. Peyton looked at him nervously. "You didn't really think you were gonna be able to keep this essay secret, did you? Peyton, this is a coup for you. I mean, if the Ivies weren't onto you already, they are now. I'm seeing a cage match between Harvard and Yale."

Spencer saw how guilty Peyton looked, trying to help her. "Dad, it's really not that big of a deal."

"Oh, now you tell me," Peter told them. "Your mother's already taken out a full-page ad in the club newsletter. I'm kidding. Come on." He stood, opening the box, holding it toward Peyton. "Have a butter cream." Peyton walked closer, taking a piece. "I'm proud of you, Peyton. Spencer, you should be proud of your little sister."

Spencer nodded. "I am."

Peter looked at Peyton. "At least let me brag about you tomorrow."

Peter put the box down.

"What's tomorrow?" Spencer asked.

"I'm taking Russel Newhoff to the club," Peter answered. "He's a potential new client. You two up for playing triples if he brings his own daughters along?"

"Sure," Spencer answered. 

"Spencer, you want to volley with me?" Peyton asked.

"Sure," Spencer answered.

"I have a bunch of calls to return and a prize-winning essay to read," Peter told them. He looked at Peyton. "Don't forget to put it on my desk, okay?"

Peyton shook her head. "Oh, Dad, I--you don't have to read this one. It's really not one of my best."

"Somebody sure thought it was," Peter told her. "They don't give these awards to people who don't deserve them."

Peter walked out, leaving.

Peyton turned to Spencer, disconcerted.

"Peyton, I'm so sorry," Spencer told her.

Peyton sighed, shaking her head. "I am so screwed."

---- -----  

Dentist Office - Hallway

Hanna walked out of a room.

Jenna walked past her, down the hallway.

Hanna followed her, staying on the other side of the wall.

Jenna walked out, leaving.

Hanna walked toward the room where Jenna had left, starting to walk in. "Hello?"

A guard walked toward her. "Can I help you?"

Hanna turned to face him. "No. No, I was just, um, looking for a place to toss medical waste. Must be a different floor." She walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. "Thanks for your help."

Hanna walked away toward another room, walking in.

---- -----  

Apple Rose Grille 

(Song:) Get Out - Circa Survive

Pen and Evan were sitting at a table, doing homework.

Dakota was serving them food and water. "Hey. Sorry the order took so long."

"It's fine, Dakota," Evan told her.

"So, Pen, what are you and Evan doing here together?" Dakota asked.

"Evan and I are partners for this assignment," Pen answered.

Dakota nodded, smirking knowingly. "All right. Good luck."

Dakota walked away, leaving.

Evan looked at Pen. "I think that Dakota knows more than just that."

Pen shrugged. "Oh, well. Evan, I mainly didn't want my sister to know because she would taunt me about it every day."

Evan nodded. "Yeah, it sounds like Alison. No offense, Pen."

Pen smiled a small smile. "It's okay, Evan. She was a hard person to get along with, even as a sister. But I still loved her."

"Of course you did," Evan told her. "No one could blame you for it, Pen."

They looked at each other, chuckling.

Pen picked up her water, taking a drink, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, I thought that we would be done with this by now." She gestured to the homework in front of them to explain what she meant, putting the water down a little crooked. "But--" The water spilled a little over Evan's notebook. They moved the other important things away before they could get wet. "Oh, God. I'm so sorry, Evan."

Pen picked up the notebook to dry it off.

"It's just water," Evan told her.

Pen looked at the back of the notebook, drying it off, seeing sketches. "Evan? Did you draw this? It looks just like the cover from this band, Circa Survive." Evan looked at her in surprise. "This is so good."

"You know that band?" Evan asked.

"Alison and I snuck into a show once," Pen told him.

Evan chuckled. "Have you heard any of their new stuff yet? It's totally..."

"Amazing," Pen told him.

"Pen, if you're into them, there's this... other band I should turn you onto," Evan told her. "I'll burn you a CD."

Pen nodded. "Thanks, Evan."

They smiled.

(Song Ends)

---- -----  

Bar

Ezra was reading his story to a crowd. "'And in an instant, her life was undone. Everything she'd known disappeared, drifting into the summer sky.' Thank you."

There was cheers and applause.

A nearby man looked at Aria. "He doesn't suck, huh?" Aria shook her head. "You know this guy?"

"Yeah," Aria answered. "He's my English teacher."

"Oh, very cool," the man told her. "Me and him go way back. We used to sleep together. Bunk beds, college." Aria chuckled. The man walked closer, offering her his hand. "Do you have a name, fangirl?"

Aria stood, shaking his hand. "Oh, Aria."

"Hardy," the man told her.

(Song:) Lie to Me - Evolove 

Ezra walked closer, looking at Hardy. "What the hell are you doing here?"

They laughed, hugging, pulling away.

"Well, I thought I'd get some face time with the president of your fan club, apparently," Hardy told him.

"You two know each other?" Ezra asked.

"Yeah, well, not as well as you two know each other," Aria answered. "I, uh, I heard about the bunk beds."

Ezra nodded.

"We just met, but I'm glad I sat next to her," Hardy told him. "She kept kicking me so I wouldn't snore."

"No, no, no, seriously," Ezra told him. "How did you know about this?"

"I don't live in a cave," Hardy told him. "I saw it on the website, thought it was my duty to come heckle you."

"I think I should be in a cave," Ezra told him. "Was it really that bad?"

"No," Aria answered. "It was beautiful. And that metaphor at the end?"

"That was a metaphor?" Hardy asked. "I thought it was really about a kid who lost her balloon."

"You also thought 'Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang' was Mexican porn," Ezra told him.

Hardy looked at Aria. "That's true."

Aria laughed.

"Books aren't his thing, you know?" Ezra asked. "He used to pay me in frozen burritos to write his papers."

"What'd be great is if you told this same lame story while I had a beer in my hand," Hardy told him. "I'm grabbing a waitress."

Hardy walked away.

Ezra looked at Aria. "I didn't know he was gonna be here."

Aria smiled a small smile.

(Song Ends)

---- -----  

Country Club - Outside

Peyton was practicing tennis, using a mean swing to let out her frustration and guilt over the essay.

A boy named Alex Santiago was watching her. "Wow. Good serve." Peyton smiled a small smile, turning to get another ball. "Listen, hate to interrupt, but we're kind of closed. I was supposed to shut down the courts ten minutes ago."

"Seriously?" Peyton asked. "Um, can you just give me another five minutes?"

"Are you practicing for a tournament or something?" Alex asked.

"No," Peyton answered. "Um, no, it's just a friendly game of triples with my dad, sister Spencer and some guests."

"Well, you and I have very different ideas of what's friendly," Alex told her. "That's--that's an angry serve."

Peyton chuckled. "Well, it's been a long week. Kind of been storing it up."

"A strong slice is only half the battle," Alex told her. "You've got to kill it on the return, too."

"Well, I'm just warming up," Peyton told him, smirking.

(Song:) Somebody Else - Aidan Hawken 

Peyton turned away from Alex to get another ball, giving another beastly serve.

---- -----  

Bar

Ezra, Aria and Hardy were playing darts.

"So, I hook up with her in the library, but you can't get serious in the sociology stacks, right?" Hardy asked. "So I take her back to my dorm room."

Ezra smiled. "I can't believe you're telling this story."

"Let him finish," Aria told him. "I want to hear."

"She wants to hear," Hardy told him. He looked at Aria. "So, I get her back. You know, he's sound asleep, of course. I get her shirt off, things are happening, life is good, and then this geek, right here, starts laughing in his sleep. Now, he's done this before, but this chick, she does not believe that he's asleep."

"Which I was," Ezra told her.

"You laugh in your sleep?" Aria asked.

Ezra nodded. "Mm-hmm."

Aria smiled. "That's cute." Hardy turned away. "It's better than snoring."

"Right," Ezra agreed. He looked at Hardy. "Uh, you were up."

"Ah, no, it's her turn," Hardy told him.

"Take it for me," Aria told him. "I'm gonna grab some water."

Aria stood, walking away.

Hardy looked at Ezra. "Dude, you are so screwed."

Hardy threw a dart.

"It--it's not what you think it is," Ezra told him. Hardy gave him a skeptical look. "Don't give me that look. I didn't pursue this. It just happened."

"And that makes it okay?" Hardy asked.

"Hardy--" Ezra started.

"Ezra, she's cute," Hardy told him. "She's smart. I get it. There's no argument, but she's your student, man."

"That's not how I met her," Ezra told him.

"Doesn't matter," Hardy told him. "When this is all over, she's gonna get her diploma. You're gonna get a pink slip and an orange jumpsuit."

Ezra sighed.

Aria returned with water. "Okay, so how about this? The loser of the next game buys fries?"

"Sweet," Hardy told her. "Give it up." They fist bumped. Hardy looked at Ezra. "You in?"

Ezra nodded.

Hardy walked toward the dart board to clear the board.

Aria spoke to Ezra quietly. "Thanks for this. I'm having fun."

"Yeah, me, too," Ezra told her, standing. He took the darts from Hardy. "Here, I'll go."

Ezra sighed, throwing a dart.

(Song Ends)

---- -----  

Night - Marin House - Kitchen

Hanna was sitting at the counter, on her laptop.

Madison walked in. "Sorry I'm late, Hanna. What are you looking at?"

"The worst part of my day," Hanna answered. "Madison,I thought it bottomed out when a kid aimed at me for a rinse-and-spit, but now there's an Amber."

"What's an Amber?" Madison asked.

"Amber is 'a cheerleader at Rollins High who loves skinny lattes'," Hanna answered, reading from the computer. Madison walked closer. "Here." Hanna turned the computer to face Madison for her to read. "See for yourself, Maddie."

"She's cute," Madison told her.

"She's trying to date Sean," Hanna told her.

"She's evil," Madison told her. "We know this for a fact?"

Hanna closed the laptop. "Madison, she's suddenly become his personal driver and God knows what else."

Madison sat at the table. "Hanna. Driving is not dating."

"Maddie, my boyfriend left me for someone who weights 11 pounds," Hanna told her.

"He hasn't left you, Han," Madison told her. "His car's in the shop."

"Maddie, why can't he hitch a ride with someone who's not majoring in cartwheels?" Hanna asked.

Madison sighed. "It's too bad that you don't have a car of your own to drive. You'd have to talk to Dad about that."

"No, thanks," Hanna told her. "Besides, he's probably already picked one out for Kate."

"Did you tell Mom that Dad's marrying Kate's mother Isabel?" Madison asked.

"Yeah," Hanna answered. "It was weird. She wasn't that surprised, but she was a little hurt."

Madison nodded sadly, looking down.

---- -----  

Fields House - Kitchen

Mara was sitting at the table, working on her laptop and drinking coffee.  She got an email from an unknown address, frowning in confusion, opening the email.

I know something about little sister Emily that you don't know. Lil' sis got kissed.

--A

Mara frowned in confusion, typing back an email.

Who is this? 

A emailed her back.

File attached.

Mara opened the attachment, seeing the pictures of Maya and Emily together from the party in 1.03 To Kill a Mocking Girl, seeing that they kissed, surprised.

---- / -----  

Apple Rose Grille

(Song:) Light It Up - Love Grenades 

Hanna, Emily and Spencer were sitting at a table.

Peyton, Pen, Madison and Lucy were sitting at another table.

Dakota was serving others.

"I saved it, just in case," Pen told them, taking out the lip stick from her room that she had in a paper bag.

"I'm telling you, that's the lip stick Jenna was putting on in the elevator," Madison told them.

"Are you sure?" Lucy asked.

"Yes," Madison answered. "That's Alison's color. Same shade, same tube."

"What I'm wondering is why was Jenna in an empty room for an hour," Hanna told them.

"I think we should call the police," Spencer told them. "There are fingerprints on this tube."

"Well, yeah, mine," Pen told them. "We don't wanna answer any more questions."

"Just let me get in the office and see what I can find," Hanna told them.

Toby was sitting at another table.

Dakota walked up to his table, with a coffee pot. "You want anything, or are you gonna stare at the books until you pass out?"

Toby looked up, surprised that she was joking good-naturedly with him, smiling a small smile. "Sure. Thanks, Dakota. Water."

"That's it?" Dakota asked.

"Yeah, I guess," Toby answered. "I don't really have money for anything else right now." Dakota tilted her head slightly. "I saw you yesterday, Dakota. At the school, talking to the guys who pranked my locker."

"Yeah, well, 'talking' isn't the word I'd use for that," Dakota told him.

"Dakota, why'd you do it?" Toby asked.

Dakota pressed her lips together, shaking her head slightly, shrugging. "I don't know. I just don't think you're as bad as everyone says you are."

"Well... thanks, for that," Toby told her. Dakota nodded. "I mean it, Dakota. Not a lot of people do that for guys like me."

"Guys like what?" Dakota asked.

"Outsiders," Toby answered. "Creeps. Whatever you wanna call it."

Dakota took a breath, tilting her head. "How about a coffee? On the house?"

Toby smiled, looking down. "Yeah. Thanks, Dakota."

Dakota nodded, pouring the coffee into his cup.

Lucy called to Dakota from the other tables. "Dakota. Dakota! Come here, Dakota."

Toby looked at Dakota. "Actually, I have to go, Dakota." He gathered his things, picking up his cup. "Thanks for the free drink."

Dakota nodded awkwardly. "Yeah." Toby walked out, leaving. Dakota walked toward the other girls. "What's up, Lucy?"

"Madison had a run-in with Jenna Marshall," Lucy answered. 

"I was in the elevator at the mall, and Jenna was there," Madison explained. "She had the same lipstick Ali wore, Dakota. The exact same color."

"You know the dentist office I'm working at?" Hanna asked. "Well, I was going in for my shift after school, and she goes there. She was in an empty room for over an hour."

(Song Ends)

---- -----  

Ezra's Apartment

Ezra and Aria walked in.

"So, are all college boys like the ones in that bar?" Aria asked. "Is it possible to say hello to a guy without putting them in a headlock?"

"Well, maybe when you go to college, you'll... find out for yourself," Ezra told her, taking off his jacket.

"Okay, stop," Aria told him. "Did Hardy say something... about us or about me?"

Ezra sighed, turning to face her. "Why would he? I was just having fun at a bar with a high school student."

"You make it sound so awful," Aria told him.

"Well, maybe it is," Ezra told her, sitting down. "I mean, if you think about it."

"Well, why?" Aria asked. "Was I acting like a high school girl? Did I do anything to embarrass you?" She sat down in front of him. "Look, have I ever done that?"

"No," Ezra answered. "It's not about that."

"Okay, then what is it about?" Aria asked. "I mean, is this Hardy's problem, or is it yours? Where did this come from? Age is never an issue when we're together."

"When it's just the two of us, but when we're out in the world, people notice," Ezra told her. 

"No, Hardy noticed," Aria told him. "Look, he's your friend, and if you're okay with it, I really doubt it's gonna bother him."

"Aria, let's get real," Ezra told her. "In theory, we are a lot more wrong than we are right."

"You wanna be real?" Aria asked. "Forget about theory. What does it feel like when we're together?"

"Good," Ezra answered. "It feels... right." He stood, sighing. "I wanna be with you. I wanna hang out in a bar, introduce you to my friends, split a plate of fries like everybody else, but I don't think we can do that. When I'm with you, I don't care about anybody else."

"So, are you talking yourself into this or out of it?" Aria asked.

Ezra didn't know the answer himself. "Yes. No. Maybe."

Aria stood, walking closer. "Let's review. Look, we're here now, and it's just the two of us and it feels good. So let's not care together."

They kissed.

---- -----  

Fields House - Kitchen

(Song:) All Those Pretty Lights - Andrew Belle 

Mara was still sitting at the table, looking at the pictures of Emily and Maya on her laptop, listening to music.

Emily and Lucy walked in, laughing.

Mara hurriedly closed down the pictures. "Emily. Lucy. Hey."

"Hi, Mara," Lucy told her.

"You and Emily are home earlier than I thought you would be, Lucy," Mara told her.

"Yeah, well, we weren't at the Grille for long, Mara," Lucy told her. "Pen said she had to go because she was meeting up with someone that wanted to give her a CD, Madison and Hanna went home."

"Mara, and Spencer and Peyton have this early tennis day with their dad tomorrow," Emily added. "That, and Dakota's shift ended early. Dakota saw Pen and Evan at the Grille earlier today and thought they're more than just partners for this school project thing like they said."

"And Peyton said that she met this boy at the country club today, Mara," Lucy told her.

"Emily, Lucy, sounds like all of your friends have flirty things going on," Mara told them.

Emily chuckled. "Yeah."

"What about you two?" Mara asked. "Emily? Lucy? You got anybody that you like?"

"Not really, Mara, no," Lucy answered.

"Well, Mara, I like somebody from school," Emily told her.

"Is it somebody that you think likes you back?" Mara asked. Emily smiled a small smile, not knowing what to say. "Sorry. You don't have to tell me anything. But, if there's someone in your lives who cares about you, then I'm happy for you. No matter who they are."

Emily and Lucy nodded, smiling a small smile. "Thanks, Mara."

---- -----  

Ezra's Apartment

Aria and Ezra were making out.

Aria pulled away. "Bye."

"Wait," Ezra told her. "Are you sure you have to go?"

"Yeah," Aria answered. "Yeah, it was so weird when I left home this morning. I'm not really sure what I'm gonna walk into."

Ezra smiled a small smile. "I liked having you here."

"Well, I didn't say I wasn't coming back," Aria told him. They smiled. "What if I cook us dinner tomorrow night?"

"Oh, you cook?" Ezra asked.

"Yeah," Aria answered. "How do you feel about enhanced macaroni and cheese?"

Ezra smiled. "Uh, frightened." Aria smiled. "What do you mean by, 'enhanced'?"

"Well, it means I'm cooking fettuccine, but I don't want you to get your hopes up," Aria answered.

Ezra nodded in understanding. "Ah."

They smiled, kissing, pulling away.

Aria walked out, leaving.

Ezra closed the door.

---- -----  

DiLaurentis House (Temporary) - Pen's Room

Pen was lying in her bed in pajamas for the night, listening to the CD that Evan had made for her, smiling, content.

(Song Ends)

---- / -----  

Day Two

Morning - Hastings House - Kitchen

Peter was making breakfast.

Spencer and Peyton walked closer.

They were all dressed for the tennis match.

Peyton sat up on the counter.

"Hey, champ," Peter told her. "How was practice yesterday?"

"Good," Peyton answered. "I'm ready to bury them."

Peter chuckled. "Yeah. You know, about that. You might want to keep it friendly on the court, okay?"

"Why does everyone think I'm unfriendly?" Peyton asked.

"Spencer, Peyton, I'm serious," Peter told them. "Turns out Newhoff and his daughters aren't exactly Venus and Serena, so just dial it back a bit."

"But we were out there for five hours yesterday swatting balls," Spencer told him.

"Well, good, then you'll hopefully be a little sore," Peter told them.

"Are you asking us to throw the match?" Spencer asked.

"Spencer, I'm asking you to just look at this as a... means to an end, okay?" Peter asked. "If he wins, I win. Got it?"

---- -----  

Country Club - Outside

Peter, Peyton and Spencer were playing against Newhoff and his two daughters.

Peyton swatted the ball past one of the daughters.

Peter tossed Peyton another ball. "Easy."

Alex was watching.

Peyton sighed, tossing up the ball, swatting it over, making it hit the net.

Alex frowned, knowing that she threw it off.

Spencer looked at Peyton, nodding.

---- -----  

Dentist Office - Hallway

Hanna walked in, walking toward the door from the day before, looking around.

---- -----  

Room 

Hanna walked in, looking around at the boxes in the room, walking toward the other door at the back of the room. She saw there was a beeping red button.

A man opened the door. "Ah, Martha. You're here. Next time, just push the button."

"Excuse me?" Hanna asked.

"Push the button," the man told her. "That tells me you're here."

"Okay," Hanna told him.

"Since it's your first visit, there's some paperwork," the man told her. "Why don't you fill it out in my office? I'm still renovating out here. Please, have a seat." Hanna walked in. "Phillip said this was your first time."

Hanna sat on the couch. "Uh-huh. Um..."

"You'll be fine," the man told her. "Let me grab a new patient file, and we can get started."

The man handed her the paperwork.

Hanna looked it over nervously.

The man opened a drawer, pulling out a file. 

Hanna looked at the paperwork, whispering. "Psychotherapy. You're her therapist."

"You just said her therapist," the man told her. Hanna looked up. "Martha, is there someone else joining us today?"

Hanna stood. "Um..."

"Is everything all right?" the man asked.

"Martha doesn't want therapy," Hanna told him. "Martha has to go."

Hanna walked out, leaving.

The man watched her go in confusion.

---- -----  

Montgomery House - Evan's Room

Evan was sitting at his desk, on his laptop, listening to music through his headphones.

Mike walked in. "Evan, you were right."

Evan pulled out his headphones. "I usually am, Mike. About what this time?"

"Evan, you said that something was up," Mike told him. "Can you hear them?"

They heard Ella and Byron arguing downstairs.

Aria walked in. "Mike, Evan, whatever it is, it's not about us."

"How do you know?" Evan asked.

"I just do, Evan," Aria told him. "Mike, get your stuff.  We'll go to the library. We'll study there, okay?"

"Yeah, but for how long?" Mike asked.

"Let's just get your stuff, Mike," Aria told him. "I'll help you. Evan, get yours."

Aria and Mike walked out to get their stuff.

Evan gathered his stuff.

---- -----  

Living Room

Byron was sitting on the couch.

Ella was pacing angrily. "She lives in this town. I have to see her. I have to talk to her. I befriended this woman."

"Ella, trust me," Byron told her. "It is over."

"Trust you?" Ella repeated incredulously.

"She means nothing to me, and I'm not gonna let her take away from me what matters most," Byron told her.

"And what is it that matters to you?" Ella asked. "Because clearly, it is not us."

Byron stood. "Do you want me to find another job teaching at a different college? Do you want to pick up and move again? Because I will. I'll do that."

"Is that what Iceland was all about?" Ella asked.

"Yeah," Byron answered. "In a way, it was, because I wanted things to be the way they used to be with us."

"And how was that me looking like a complete and total idiot?" Ella asked. "Because look at this." She showed him a picture of them. "Look at this stupidly happy woman standing next to her loving husband. What am I supposed to do with all these family photos of our romantic trip abroad?"

Ella tossed the picture down, breaking the glass.

"Stop that," Bryon told her. "Stop it. What happened with her was a mistake."

---- -----  

Upstairs Hallway

Aria was listening to them fight.

She heard Ella's voice. "What I know is that you used our daughter to hide this from me. How could you do that to her? I don't even know who you are."

---- -----  

Living Room

Byron tried to calm Ella down with a soothing voice. "I panicked. I thought I didn't have another choice. I was scared. I was afraid I would lose you."

"You just might," Ella told him, walking away.

Byron turned to watch her go, sighing.

---- -----  

Upstairs Hallway

Aria had still been listening, sighing, closing her eyes.

---- -----  

Country Club - Outside

Peter, Spencer and Peyton were playing against the Newhoffs.

Spencer swatted the ball over. When the ball came back, she let it pass her, acting like she had missed.

Peter turned to his daughters, chuckling. "Mission accomplished." Alex had been watching. Peter walked toward him. "You have a question?"

"No," Alex answered.

Spencer looked at Peyton. "We'll meet you in the lobby, okay?"

Peyton nodded.

Peter, Spencer and the Newhoffs walked inside.

Peyton walked toward her water bottle behind Alex.

"Hey," Alex told her. "Did you waste your real game yesterday?"

"What?" Peyton asked. "No, I was just off."

"No, you weren't, not when the match started," Alex told her.

"Look, it's a long story, and it was important for our guests to win," Peyton told him, taking a drink.

"And so the only way for you to do that was for you to lose?" Alex asked. "What's up with that? Did your dad ask you to do that, or..."

"Look, he's not always like this," Peyton told him.

Alex shrugged. "Whatever you say. I just... I see a lot of it here."

"Lot of what?" Peyton asked.

"People playing games, just off the court, you know?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Peyton answered. She started to walk away, thinking, turning back. "Hey, is there any chance you'd want to hang out sometime? Like not here?"

"Yeah," Alex answered.

Peyton smiled. "Okay. Bye."

"Bye," Alex told her.

Peyton walked away.

---- -----  

McCoy House - Kitchen 

Dakota was doing laundry, putting the clean clothes on the counter.

Jean walked in, showing her a pair of shoes. "Dakota, do you want these? I wore them once. They gave me a nosebleed."

"Sure," Dakota told her. "They might be a little dressy for work, though."

 "Well, you've got some events coming up," Jean told her. "What are you wearing to homecoming?"

"Mom, I don't know if I'm going to homecoming," Dakota told her.

"Of course you're going," Jean told her. "If you're breathing, you're going."

"It's just, work, and..." Dakota trailed off.

"Dakota, you can take a night off of work to go to a school dance with your friends, even if you don't have a date," Jean told her.

"Did you go to homecoming in high school?" Dakota asked.

"No," Jean answered. "But that was because I didn't have a ride. I was abandoned by my date, and left at a restaurant. That's where I met your father, Dakota. Chris gave me a ride home, and we hit it off. We started hanging out more and more and everything just came to be. Including you."

"And now you're always fighting because of his problems," Dakota told her. "The problems of addiction and gambling and stealing, the reasons why we're always moving."

"We're not moving this time, Dakota," Jean told her. "We can stay here."

"But do you really think he's going to change?" Dakota asked.

Jean sighed, brushing back Dakota's hair. "I want him to. But I'm done trying to change Chris. I've tried before, Dakota. It never works. But no matter what happens, we're always going to have each other, Dakota. Okay?"

Dakota nodded, smiling a small smile.

---- -----  

Ezra's Apartment

There was a knock on the door.

Ezra opened the door for Aria.

"Please tell me you have a really deep pan, and please tell me I left my phone here," Aria told him.

"You did," Ezra answered tensely, upset.

Aria looked at him in confusion. "Ezra?" She stepped inside. "What's wrong?"

Ezra showed her the phone. "I was trying to work, and it kept buzzing. I thought it was an emergency, your parents or something, so I looked at it, and, um... just take it." Aria took the phone. "Who's A?"

Aria looked at the text from A that Ezra had seen.

Lucky you, Aria! Other girls have to do their homework. You get to do the teacher...

--A

Aria looked at Ezra, shaking her head. "I don't know."

"How many of your friends did you tell?" Ezra asked.

"I didn't," Aria answered.

"'Cause if A knows, I'm thinking B and C and everybody else knows, too," Ezra told her.

"The person who sent this is not my friend," Aria told him.

"You told me you were mature enough to handle this," Ezra told her. "Do you know what would happen if the school board or anybody--"

"I didn't tell anyone," Aria told him. "You have to believe me."

"Well, I don't," Ezra told her. "Just go. Go. Now."

Aria was hurt, walking out.

Ezra closed the door behind her.

---- / -----  

Dentist Office - Hallway

Hanna was walking past the guard from the day before. "Hi, there."

"Still looking for that trash chute?" the guard asked.

"Uh, no," Hanna answered. "I left something at my desk this morning."

The guard's phone rang. "Excuse me." He answered the phone. "Yeah? How much does he want? For two tickets?" Hanna noticed that the guard left keys in the door. "I didn't pay that much to see Lionel Richie when he was Lionel Richie."

The guard walked away, leaving.

Sean walked down the hallway. "Hanna?"

"Hi," Hanna told him.

"Are you, uh, working today?" Sean asked.

Hanna nodded. "Um, I did, yeah. What are you doing here?"

"My mom left some insurance papers on the desk," Sean told her. "They won't release my car until..."

"Wait, you're getting it back?" Hanna asked.

"Yeah, on Monday," Sean answered.

"So, you won't need anyone to drive you around anymore?" Hanna asked. "You know, someone else?"

"Um, that's sort of the plan," Sean told her. 

Hanna smiled. "Great. Well, um, I'll see you later."

"All right," Sean told her. "See ya."

Hanna started to walk past him, turning back. "Are we over?"

"What?" Sean asked.

"Look, I'd rather you just tell me now before it's too late," Hanna told him.

"What's too late?" Sean asked. "What are you talking about?"

"If you want to take someone else to homecoming, Sean, you should," Hanna told him.

"Why would I do that?" Sean asked. "It's not like I'd actually go with anyone else."

"So what are you doing with that skinny latte who drives you around?" Hanna asked.

"Amber?" Sean asked. "No, she just drives me to school for our meetings. This club I joined. RLW stands for 'Real Love Waits'." Hanna smiled a small smile. "Go ahead. Make a joke."

"Is this some kind of holy-roller virgin society?" Hanna asked.

Sean chuckled. "Look, I just thought hanging out with other people who feel the same way as I do will make it easier to hold out, you know?"

Hanna nodded. "No, I get it. Could I go with you to the next meeting?"

"Why?" Sean asked. "You wanna join?"

"Well, we already tried doing it my way, so let's try now doing it your way," Hanna told him.

They smiled.

The guard walked closer. "Excuse me."

The guard took the keys from the door, walking away, leaving.

Hanna realized that she had gotten distracted by Sean that she had forgotten to get into the room.

---- -----  

Hastings House - Kitchen

Peyton set her books on the counter, turning to get a pear from the fridge.

Peter walked downstairs toward her. "Don't tell me that's how you want to celebrate with a pear. Put that away. You deserve a three-course meal tonight."

"Think I'll pass," Peyton told him, sitting down.

"Pass?" Peter repeated. "Peyton, you're the guest of honor. You won a national award and helped me sign Newhoff, which almost didn't happen."

"Why?" Peyton asked. "Didn't Spence and I hit the net enough?"

"No, you were perfect," Peter told her. "But things almost fell apart while you guys were in the locker room."

"What happened?" Peyton asked.

"Oh, well, he expected lunch at the club," Peter answered. "Of course, I didn't make a reservation, so there were no tables."

"We sat at your favorite table," Peyton told him.

"After I made a scene," Peter told her. "I had to tell the manager that the kid on the courts forgot to call it in."

"Who, Alex?" Peyton asked. "What, will he be in trouble over this?"

"Who cares?" Peter asked. "Kid can pick up balls anywhere, right? We snagged a major client, Peyton." Peyton gave him an incredulous look, shaking her head. "Why are you looking at me like that? Just did what I had to do."

"To win?" Peyton asked.

"Don't give me that attitude," Peter told her. "Peyton, you're just as driven and competitive as I am. Don't pretend you're not."

"You know what?" Peyton asked. "You're right. I am." She started to gather her books to study elsewhere. "I'm just not sure it's a thing that I want to celebrate anymore. And by the way, you don't have to read my essay."

"Why not?" Peter asked.

"Because I stole it," Peyton answered. "But I'm gonna win a big, fat award, so I'm guessing you're okay with that. You know, 'cause winning's all that matters, right?"

Peyton walked away upstairs.

Peter was surprised.

---- -----  

Apple Rose Grille

(Song:) No Matter How Hard We Try - Jaylene Johnson 

Evan was sitting at a table, studying.

Pen walked in with her bag, sitting at the table with him. "Hi, Evan."

"Hey, Pen," Evan told her.

"Evan, I really like tracks three, seven and nine," Pen told him. "Nine was the best."

Evan smirked, nodding. "I think so, too."

"I brought something for you, Evan," Pen told him, pulling a CD out of her bag, handing it to him. 

"What's that, Pen?" Evan asked.

"Something I made for you," Pen answered. Evan took the CD. "There are a couple girly songs, so you have to keep an open mind, Evan." Pen looked toward the waitress. "Coffee, please."

Pen pulled out her books for their project so they could work together.

They looked at each other, smiling.

---- -----  

Country Club - Outside 

Peyton was standing alone, looking over the court.

Alex walked closer. "Hey."

Peyton turned to face him, smiling. "Hi."

"You ready?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Peyton answered.

"Cool, then," Alex told her. "Let's go."

"Okay," Peyton told him.

They walked away.

---- -----  

Night - Montgomery House - Mike's Room

Aria and Evan walked in with food.

Mike was lying on his bed. "What is this?"

"Dinner," Aria answered.

Aria and Evan sat on the bed next to Mike.

They started to eat.

"Evan, is Mom still in her room?" Mike asked.

"Yeah," Evan answered.

"And Dad?" Mike asked. Evan shrugged. "Evan, do you think they're gonna work this out?"

"I really don't know," Evan told them.

They continued to eat and watch TV.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.5K 520 21
❝ The prettiest smiles hide the darkest secrets. ❞ What would happen if Emily found out her best friend and resident Queen Bee of Rosewood, Alison, i...
5.1K 99 26
Spencer Hastings and Aria Montogmery had been friends for years but were torn apart my Alison Dilaurentis. As their friendship grows they become clos...
247K 5.2K 87
I know what you did last summer - A Life for Alison Dilaurentis' four best friends took a turn for the worst when the blonde mysteriously went missin...
50.2K 688 35
Love is not selective. The heart sees everything, but when it loves, it loves fully. For high school senior Alison DiLaurentis love is a weapon she w...