Ignorance was Bliss (Random U...

By Lauail

Truth or Dare was meant to be a bit of fun, going round to Theo's was meant to be relaxing and a time for all... More

One more
This moment right here
Just my luck
As if
Mitchell Foster
Stick skills
Dinner for one
Purple gummy worm
Does my bum look big in this?
Truth or Dare
Walk down memory lane
Tickle war
Feed the hangover monster
Silent
Feelings
Leap of faith
Eskimo kisses
Players, ice creams and starlight
Cake and eat it too
Year to remember
Comfort Zone
You are my hero
Thursday Night
Friendly
Hope
Shots anyone?
Jealousy?
Dancing
Open minded
My brain is going to explode.
I'm actually doing this?
New beginnings
Monday Morning
Girls Dinner
Muffins
Mum
Shirtless Noah
Please tell me you're not naked!
What just happened there?
Home Truths
My Mitch Bubble
Together forever as one
Friends?
Who's the boss?
Time with Kayden
Trust in what we have
Kisses make it better
Insecurities

What harm could it do?

533 40 2
By Lauail

Kayden was quiet the whole walk, to the point where for the first time ever I felt awkward around him.

Turning around I hip bumped him" you ok?"

"Yea, was just thinking"

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Nah, am good we're here now"he said with a shrug.

Looking around I realised that Theo lived in the same neighbourhood as Noah and Libby. They had kept the house here when they moved incase they decided to come back and had housekeepers look after it and the grounds in their absence.

Theo's house was stunning. We walked up the path that was sat amongst the well manicure lawn, windows seemed to be everywhere giving a bright and airy feel with trees and bushes enclosing around the house. It had a lovely welcoming feeling to it.

Just as I was about to ring the bell the door was opened by Libby,

"Where have you guys been? What wrong with your face Kayden you look like you ran here? Did you guys run here?" She asks raising her eyebrows and looking between the both of us,

"I-I'm just tired and hot, nothing's wrong" he said brushing past her and entering the house.

"O..k! Whatever, we've been waiting ages for you guys we just went ahead and ordered the pizza hope you like barbecue chicken still?" She asks me when I step in the house and she shuts the door.

"Yea, I love it" I say kicking my shoes off at the front door.

If I thought Theo's house was stunning from the outside, the inside was amazing! The ceilings were high with huge chandeliers hanging from the roof. The windows gave the entryway so much light and I noticed at the end of the hall there was a stain glass window projecting different colours over the walls. Everything was white, clean cut and modern and looked like it hadn't been touched since they moved here. Paintings were hung on the walls and a lot of abstract art was dotted around the place.

"It's gorgeous isn't it" she says grabbing my arm and leading me further down the hall.

"Yea it's beautiful, did you see how pretty the stain glass was? You guys have got amazing houses"

"It so nice to be back in my house, I missed all our pictures and paintings in my room and the games room, I didn't have much space at the other house"

As we walked further into the house I could hear the guys talking and laughing. Finn sounded like he was about to choke he was laughing so hard.

"Don't make me perform CPR on your ass" I say walking into the kitchen.

"You can do that anytime you want sugaplum" Finn winks, walking over to me giving me a hug.

"Hey! Your finally here, pizza should be here any minute, you want a drink?" Theo asked gesturing his head towards the rest of the guys.

Looking around I noticed everyone was drinking out of red solo cups, even Kayden had made himself one and was sitting at the kitchen island drinking. I don't like drinking, I don't like what it turns people into or the feeling of being out of control. I also don't like how people can say and do things and use the excuse of alcohol for their behaviours, but I'm surrounded by my best friends and I don't need to drink a lot I could just have one or two? What harm could it do?

"Sure, a'll have vodka and lemonade if you've got it?"

"Sure, give me a minute and a'll get you it" Theo said, walking over to the bar set at the corner of the kitchen.

Looking around I noticed the guys had stopped talking and were staring at me, looking up at Finn I whispered "what have I done?"

"You never drink? Why tonight?" He asks

"It's only us here tonight so I feel safe with all of you, the only other times you guys have asked me to drink have been at parties and I don't like being around all those drunk, horny, handsy kids"

"Let's get wasted!!" He shouts jumping up and down with me in his arms,

"Eh, not too fast big boy I'm only having one or two" I say walking away to go and see the rest of the guys.

Walking over to Mitch I give him a hug and he kisses me in the cheek "hey Mitch! Miss me?"

"Always" he says returning my hug. "How was work?"

"Busy, my feet were so sore and I was covered in coffee from the drip tray, that's why I had to go home and shower" thinking about what happened with Kayden before coming here makes my cheeks heat up.

"Why you blushing?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me,

Looking over to Kayden I can see that he's heard what Mitch asked but doesn't meet my eyes, "no-nothing, I'm just warm that's all" I stutter out, he just pulls one of his faces that tells me he will ask me later when it's just us.

Walking away from Mitch I wander over to Noah and bump him with my hip and lean on the counter beside him "hey!"

"Hey, you look nice"

Blushing even more I say "thanks" and look for Theo with my drink. I can feel Noah leaning towards me and look over to see that he is at eye level with me staring me down with his hypnotic blue eyes,

"What you hiding H?"

"Not a thing why?" I ask looking away, playing with the ends of my hair.

"You forget I know you like the back of my hand Hols and your playing with your hair, somethings up"

" that doesn't mean anything" I tap him on the nose and walk away towards Theo to see if he's made my drink yet.

"A'll find out Holly" Noah shouts across the room to me but I just keep walking.

"Find out what?" Theo asks

"Nothing, how long is the pizza gonna be?" But u was interrupted,

"Pizza's here!" Libby shouts walking into the kitchen carrying four large pizza boxes.

"Now I guess" Theo says with a laugh and we both head over to eat the pizza.

"So what's the plans for tonight" Finn asks with a mouthful of pizza.

"I thought we could watch a movie and then take it from there maybe play some games?" Theo suggests

"Like drinking games?" Finn asks bumping my shoulder wiggling his eyebrows

"Oooo lets do that, Holly will you join in?" Libby asks looking at me with a pleading smile,

"Depends what it is?"

"I seen one where you take a shot every time something happens in a movie, we could do that game and watch a movie, killing two birds with one stone"

"That sounds like a good one Finn, let do that" Noah says wiping his hands off.

"Girls get to pick the movie" Libby and I shout at the same time, looking at eat other we burst out giggling when we hear a chorus of groans from the boys.

"Sure, but we get to pick the next game then" Theo says taking Libby through to the living room to pick a movie. I'm too hungry to care about a movie just now so I load my plate with pizza, grab my drink and head to sit with Kayden at the kitchen island.

Sitting down beside him I give him a smile and tilt my cup to him, he clinks my cup and I take a large gulp of my drink.

"Everything ok? You have been really quiet m, even quieter than normal and that's saying something"

He gives me a smile and a shoulder hug " I'm alright now, I was just overthinking something but it's ok"

"Is it a girl?" I ask with a wink

Kayden begins to choke on his pizza and has to take a large sip of his drink to wash it down, I pat him on the back to try and help.

"Woah, what's going on here" Finn asks walking over to join us

"Kayd has a crush on someone I think?" I say wiggling my eyebrows at Kayden

"No I don't, I never even answered your question"

"Your right you didn't answer my question you just nearly chocked instead! If that's not confirmation I don't know what is" laughing Finn high fives me "spill" I say.

"If you must know there is a girl but I don't know how I feel about her, she's everything I would ever want in a girl but she is oblivious to how I see her"

"There is no way on this earth that she is oblivious to you Kayden. You are Hot, she would have to be blind not to notice you. I think you should grow a set and ask her out what's the worst that could happen?"

"I don't want things to change between us, it could not just change our friendship but have an affect on other people too" he says with a sad smile

"Has she got a boyfriend?"

"No"

"Well if you both like each other and you want to give it a try then that's all that is needed. You won't know what could happen if you don't put yourself out there. I'm telling you now though, if she hurt you a'll kick her ass!"

"Thanks Hols, I'll let you know how I get on" he says with a laugh going back to eating his pizza.

Looking around I realise all the guys had joined us and we're staring at Kayden with looks I couldn't understand. Noah looked angry, Mitch looked worried and Finn looked as if he might be sick. I hope he hasn't eaten too much, I'm not dealing with one of his sore stomachs. Taking another sip I realise I have finished my drink. Eating the last of my pizza I get and put my plate in the sink and head over to the bar and away from the guys to make another drink.

"I've picked the perfect movie" Libby announces walking in to the kitchen "Pitch Perfect and every time someone sings we take a shot" everyone seemed to be in agreement with this.

Looking around the bar I found a bottle of  raspberry vodka and shot glasses and head back over to the table. We collect all the food and drinks and head to the living room to watch the movie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 458 31
"Not screwing as in ongoing. It was a one time... or two time thing," I cringe at how slutty that makes me sound. "I was a little drunk... the second...
1.3K 147 31
"Where's Emma?" asked Theo. "She's dead, I killed her!" I said sadly. "No, Emma is not dead!" he replied. "Do not speak her name under this roof!" I...
219 10 14
Libby: I'm in love with my best friend. Finn and I have been friends since we were kids. He got me through organic chemistry. I got him through the f...
986K 24.2K 55
❝ I should've listened to my heart. No matter how hard I've tried to push you away, everything leads back to you. My thoughts, the way my heart flutt...